Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Welcome to Build-a-Pizza mafia, a game for ??? players.

This is an experimental game with no guarantee of balance. After signups have completed but before the game begins players will choose from a list of toppings to make a 3-topping pizza that will comprise their role. Each topping will be a randomly assigned 1- to 3-shot ability. Each topping can only be chosen once. This means that scum may have a cop and town may have a ninja, it's entirely random. Scum will have the innate ability to NK in addition to whatever abilities they get.

I will leave signups open for the weekend and assuming we have a reasonable number of people on Monday, we'll start then.

Mafia Rules

• Days will be 48 hours, Nights will be 24 hours.
  • Hangings will be majority (days can end in a no hang)
  • Thread will be closed at night
  • No fake day actions
  • No posting after hammer
  • No posting mod PMs
  • No editing posts
  • No outside communication unless your role says you're allowed
  • Don't lurk!!!!!!!!
  • Once the game starts I won't answer any questions in thread. PM me if you have questions.

Special Pizza Rules
  • You may only perform one action per night or day. You can perform actions during the day and the following night.
  • While most roles are X-shot, not all are. Roles may be passive or active. Passive roles do not require an action and do not take up your action for that night
  • There are no exact repeat roles, but different amount of shots count as different roles. E.g. 1-shot cop and 2-shot cop are different.
  • Things that are X-shot are 1, 2, or 3-shot but not all roles have all 3 of these options.
  • If an action is prevented it doesn't count as being used up.
  • If you have available actions but are choosing not to take them that night please PM me. I don't want to be chasing people down.
  • Actions go in a predetermined order, but if two actions conflict and cannot be resolved by standard action order, whoever submitted first wins. This is unlikely to happen, but is still a possibility.

1. AnonymousNarcotics
  2. Bigup DJ
  3. CapitalistPig
  4. CCKeane
  5. chaoslord
  6. Crenk.
  7. Doktor Per
  8. dongsbot 9000
  9. Dragonatrix
  10. GulagDolls
  11. IllegallySober
  12. JimsonTheBetrayer
  13. King Burgundy
  14. Moatillata
  15. Somberbrero
  16. Tired Moritz

Asiina fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Sep 27, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
does the winner get a pizza

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
yes

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Can the flavor be the scum are chicago style pizzas?

I'm in.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

I do enjoy pizza

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

i will play

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

What if I choose a smaller pizza to be my topping?

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

I'm in.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Yup.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.
I'm... in

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Yeah, I'm game.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
If anyone puts pineapple on their pizza they are a heathen

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

:agreed:

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Yup.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Spoilers: every topping is pineapple

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Asiina posted:

Spoilers: every topping is pineapple

:hellyeah:

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Standalone pineapple is fine. Pineapple on a pizza is hella gross.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
I'm gonna need a bucket load of crushed red

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.
Gonna smash this game btw. I got the perfect combination worked out

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
to clarify, we are choosing toppings w/o knowing what pr they correspond to, correct

if not, we SHOULD

Doktor Per
Feb 26, 2007

Look guys, I'm a lady!
gently caress i love pizza

Crenk.
Sep 18, 2016
I would like to join a mafia game if there is still space in this one.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I think that I can meaningfully contribute to two games.

Oh poo poo it's Dok Per!

Doktor Per
Feb 26, 2007

Look guys, I'm a lady!
:wink:

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Crenk. posted:

I would like to join a mafia game if there is still space in this one.

No sorry.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Is this gonna start anytime soon? I am starving been holding out

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

I never did get my pizza from Pop/Con. Who's gonna push that thru for me?

Crenk.
Sep 18, 2016

My first enemy. Prepare to die.

Doktor Per
Feb 26, 2007

Look guys, I'm a lady!
I will make it my personal goal to see that every person that openly flaunts pineapple as a passable topping gets lynched.

Doktor Per
Feb 26, 2007

Look guys, I'm a lady!
I was at a place where there was pineapple on three out of four pizzas. What is this world coming to?

Bigup DJ
Nov 8, 2012
im a good boy, can i play?

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Bigup DJ posted:

im a good boy, can i play?

THis post is weird as gently caress

I like u r style

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Im new and bored. Am I too late to join?

Bigup DJ
Nov 8, 2012
im that sweet bitch from down south

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Wow bigup dj haven't seen you in mafia in a long time.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

I want to be the pizza please

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I'm closing signups.

I have a doctor's appointment and will be back in a few hours to post the ingredient list and we'll get started.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Asiina posted:

I'm closing signups.

I have a doctor's appointment and will be back in a few hours to post the ingredient list and we'll get started.

Just a heads-up that my afternoon is a little busy today (Pacific Time) so if you need people to choose ingredients immediately (like before 8 PM tonight) I'll do the best I can but you might have to PM me and bug me for mine.

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Asiina posted:

I'm closing signups.

Can I just do triple cheese? Thx in advance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Added this to the OP, but in case you missed it

Special Pizza Rules
  • You may only perform one action per night or day. You can perform actions during the day and the following night.
  • While most roles are X-shot, not all are. Roles may be passive or active. Passive roles do not require an action and do not take up your action for that night
  • There are no exact repeat roles, but different amount of shots count as different roles. E.g. 1-shot cop and 2-shot cop are different.
  • Things that are X-shot are 1, 2, or 3-shot but not all roles have all 3 of these options.
  • If an action is prevented it doesn't count as being used up.
  • If you have available actions but are choosing not to take them that night please PM me. I don't want to be chasing people down.
  • Actions go in a predetermined order, but if two actions conflict and cannot be resolved by standard action order, whoever submitted first wins. This is unlikely to happen, but is still a possibility.

• Locked thread