Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

mega man 3 is better than mega man 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

B!G_$W@NG@ posted:

Emulator or what? There's been enough nostalgia posting about it I figure to try tracking it down.
snes game but i'll allow it. you can now buy it on virtual console for wii u and new 3ds. otherwise use an emulator

you can also get Mother 1 (now called Earthbound Beginnings) on wii u vc but i warn you, it's not that good. it's better than most NES RPGs which isn't saying much

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Xanei.exe posted:

Games were literally just better up until around the GameCube era.
i think the PS2/Gamecube/first Xbox era was the best console generation, because each of them had enough exclusives that you needed to have all three systems in order to get the most out of it. after that, mid-sized game developers went out of business or got bought by the behemoths, and game quality took a nosedive in short order. now the only games in town are half-assed AAA games or indie games that are mostly made by people with planet-sized egos

Xanei.exe posted:

Something about this game stuck with me when my neighbors brought it over to my house. It might have been the bizarre music.
i want to see a new StarTropics but i doubt that'll ever happen, both games were North American exclusives in spite of being made by a japanese team. not to mention StarTropics 2 was worse in every way. controls, difficulty, puzzles (or lack thereof), plot, the sense of humor... you name it, ST2 went and made it worse. it came out at the end of the NES's lifespan so no one played it much at the time, but it was released on Wii virtual console so more people got to see how cringeworthy it can get

fun fact: the items that you get in every world in the original ST2 release were called "tetrads." by the time they re-released it on Wii, Nintendo lost the trademark to Tetris, so they were simply called "blocks." and the line the chief says when putting them together is "My middle name is Puzzle" instead of "My middle name is Tetris" like in the original

point is, make a new StarTropics and make it more like the original

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Xanei.exe posted:

I just feel like Nintendo really started to disappoint by then.
if you just look at Zelda, then i can see why you'd think that. but the gamecube also had F-Zero GX, Smash Bros. Melee, Mario Kart Double Dash (the most underrated game of the series imo), and Metroid Prime- a game that made the jump from 2D to 3D better than OoT did

seriously nintendo why the hell are you not forcing Retro to make another Metroid game jfc

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Murphy Brownback posted:

Ninja turtles 2 was probably my favorite multiplayer game.
i was a friendless loser so i had to learn how to beat that game on my lonesome. the secret is to use the jump kick whenever possible

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

you absolute fucker, i was gonna post this

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Ryoshi posted:

Kid Icarus loving owns, the Game Boy sequel is even better, and the 3DS thing seems crazy fun but I tore a bunch of ligaments in my finger basically immediately after starting it and couldn't hold the 3DS the right way to play it for like a year afterwards. I should try to find it now too.
kid icarus uprising is a very well designed game, has good dialog and characters, has killer music, and has a bunch of concepts imported from there to Smash 4. the problem is that it's drat near impossible to control, and it's hard to appreciate something when you can't play it well

davebo posted:

Oh hey there.

i love Nintendo World Cup, you play as River City Ransom sprites and you can permanently KO players until you score a goal, at which point you can tackle them again and repeat the process

argentina is hard as balls to beat though

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

paco650 posted:

I hear you have to kiss the games in order to play them on th eNES
yes it's true

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

the only time i've ever used homebrew on a system was to put Mother 3 on a GBA flashcart to play on my original DS. where there's a will there's a way

also i should dig out my old Wii and start putting ROMs on there

• Locked thread