Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.

using the spin slash is cheating, really

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...

BUY IT.

Germstore posted:

"The good news is we have plenty of space for dungeon 3, but I have some bad news about the shape..."

the Nintendo Power NES guide included a note informing you that the dungeon shape was in fact a good luck symbol from Hindu culture and certainly nothing else you might be thinking of

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

BUY IT.

Cubey posted:

and frankly, mario 64 is not nearly as good a game as mario galaxy in the context of today for these exact same reasons. great level design (except loving hazy loving maze loving cave, gently caress) and a fun cyoa way of going through the game, but it also does not control as well as mario galaxy. like not even a little. but at the time? there was nothing else like it, every 3d platformer before it was absolute dogshit and mario 64 was the game that showed they could work.

Hell no. Galaxy has more shiny, novel ideas per second, but each segment is shallow and small in scope compared to Mario 64's worlds. In 64, every level is a crazy 3d movement sandbox, with lots of ways to traverse each obstacle or slip into an unintended path.

SM64 is about freedom, Galaxy is about trying to catch your attention with shiny distractions.

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

BUY IT.

Sapper posted:

As others have said, sloppy programming/poor optimization. There was also a glitch that caused the screen to flicker when you got too many sprites per line.

I don't think that was a "glitch," just the only thing the NES could do: there was a sprite limit, so if you had more, they had to take turns being drawn.

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

BUY IT.
Faxanadu is actually terrible, that one's just nostalgia

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

BUY IT.
FF6 had the best ending of its generation, with that huge 20-minute orchestral composition running through every single character's motif while the escape plays out

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

BUY IT.
still waiting on Mario 128

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

BUY IT.

Quote-Unquote posted:

Also because Nintendo were mental at the time they had to change the word 'murder' to 'kidnap', meaning the entire plot now made no sense since you were investigating ritualistic kidnappings. And you couldn't ever find the people that had been kidnapped.

"Hey, does this look like Matt?"

"No, Matt wasn't a skeleton."

• Locked thread