Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Being a nintendo kid taught me many hard life lessons that equipped me for years to come. From an early age i learned what a knock off was, never judge a product by its packaging, what legitimate licensing was, and how just because the loving game says Street Fighter doesnt mean its THE STREET FIGHTER.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Did anyone ever call the 1800 hint line? I imagined they were like wizened old men with thousands of tomes, constantly researching the best way to beat a game or get the highest score. It was like $10 an hour or something dumb too.

Did anyone ever call em?

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

SPACE HOMOS posted:

I grew up playing Jackal and still think the music is rad as hell

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lU1Y5pFoevQ

That music does own and i still remever it 25 years later.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Thats the game I was talking about. Fuckers.

I got stuck on the sewer/water/ship level

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
The best games have nearly always been iterated on PC. The only exception i can think of are sports games and very specifically japanese style rpgs. Everything else was done first and better on pc then iterated on.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I played a game called P.OW. and it owned. I can still hear that music and the sound effects.

Game genie was great to mess around on games with. There was a helicopter game side scroller where you had to pick up pows or whatever. Cobra strike? Cobra command? Anyone help me out on this?

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Pastry of the Year posted:

Cobra Command also had you picking up POWs.

I wanted to like this game so much, but the controls were pretty bad

This is the game. Yes, played the poo poo out of that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I remember playing GOAL! from...caleco? Game owned, you just had to turn off the refs so you could slide tackle with impunity.

• Locked thread