Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PinkoBastard
Oct 3, 2010

Tom Gorman posted:

I think it just depends. people have nostalgia for the NES Mega Man games, Castlevania, Metroid, Double Dragon, Final Fantasy. Those games didn't age well and are hard and frustrating as gently caress.

Most shooters hold up great. Gun Nac, Gradius, Life Force etc. puzzle games like Dr. Mario. and the good platformers like SMB3, Kirby's Adventure and Ducktales.

I don't know man, the games you mentioned are really tough but I'd still say they've aged well... uhh, maybe not the first final fantasy, but the rest of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PinkoBastard
Oct 3, 2010

DavidAlltheTime posted:

I grew up playing NES. My family would travel to the States (I'm from BC) every summer and my sister and I would buy games at Fred Meyer's. We would just pick them based on box art or recognized licencing. That's how I ended up with the horrible (and impossible) Back to the Future game, and Timelords. But sometimes we wound up with a gem, like Low-G-Man.

I could never play most of them now though. Like someone previously said, I have enough frustration in my real life, I need my games to be chill and constantly rewarding to bother with them.

Fun fact: the awesome game (with killer music as well), 'Journey to Silius', was originally the Terminator game, but they lost the licencing before release so they just tossed together a similar story and released it. It's dope though.

Listen to this track:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6sjYt6EJVw

I rented Journey to Silius as a kid and that game was awesome! It's tough but really fun. I fired it up on an emulator recently and it held up quite well. I sure suck at it now, though.

• Locked thread