Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Does $4 Toast Upset You?
I consider myself certifialbly vexed.
Memes can't repel bread of this magnitude.
Me am ghey(for toast).
No. Also, Goku.
Questions of this nature are a micro-aggressions against me; Furthermore...
View Results

• Locked thread
dookifex_maximus
Aug 10, 2016

by zen death robot

a dog from hell posted:

Paris has always smelled like piss and poo poo and is undergoing a much more well known and sympathetic scourge known as immigration.

yea and oakland is a fuckin warzone

ranier_wolfcastle_against_the_brick_wall.jpeg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
It's funny that ameicans think 4 dollars is a lot

your food is so cheap there, its nuts

dookifex_maximus
Aug 10, 2016

by zen death robot

Zzulu posted:

It's funny that ameicans think 4 dollars is a lot

your food is so cheap there, its nuts

yeah thats the reason we conquered whatever shithole you live in

unless yer in britain, we'll getcha some day

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

dookifex_maximus posted:

yea and oakland is a fuckin warzone

ranier_wolfcastle_against_the_brick_wall.jpeg

oakland's being infested by the same techie scum that have somehow managed to make sf worse. we're in danger of losing our long standing institutions like gangs and crack dens :(

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

dookifex_maximus posted:

yeah thats the reason we conquered whatever shithole you live in

unless yer in britain, we'll getcha some day

I don't live in Japan or Afghanistan, jokes on you "buddy"

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

Zzulu posted:

I don't live in Japan or Afghanistan, jokes on you "buddy"

wow you live in one of the places that gave up without a fight :sad:

dookifex_maximus
Aug 10, 2016

by zen death robot

akulanization posted:

oakland's being infested by the same techie scum that have somehow managed to make sf worse. we're in danger of losing our long standing institutions like gangs and crack dens :(

drat i guess all those riot police really paid off for the white man

dookifex_maximus
Aug 10, 2016

by zen death robot

akulanization posted:

wow you live in one of the places that gave up without a fight :sad:

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Actually i live in a country that hasnt seen war for over 200 years

but yes we are pussies basically, but smart pussies :dukedoge:

dookifex_maximus
Aug 10, 2016

by zen death robot
ahaha oh, its one of those ancient transnational micronations right? where the trade and diplomacy that causes war happened throughout the centuries of the middle ages

okay, that's a different thing entirely, like stomping a cockroach that disappears unhurt under your fridge

transnational duchies like luxembourg et al are very much the european progenitors of transnational america & the nato system

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Leave the swiss guy alone he has enough on his place being racist against everybody else, and pretending like their language is actually better than german

dookifex_maximus
Aug 10, 2016

by zen death robot
is it the one that provides troops for the vatican?

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
im not swiss you fuckers

god

mom the americans are picking on me again MOOOM

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
This reminds me of the thread where people were really mad at that place that sold obscure cereals with unlimited toppings for like 3.50. I think a lot of the "but you can get a whole box of cereal/loaf of bread for that price" rationalists are missing the point of hitting a place like that with your friends/SO after class/work or we for the social experience. Like the second you're going into a place with a roof, staff, and amenities its gonna cost you more than what you can do at home because you're paying money not to be at home.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

ArbitraryC posted:

rationalists are missing the point of hitting a place like that with your friends/SO after class/work or we for the social experience.

/

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

I'm the Korean Oreos cereal.

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

ArbitraryC posted:

This reminds me of the thread where people were really mad at that place that sold obscure cereals with unlimited toppings for like 3.50. I think a lot of the "but you can get a whole box of cereal/loaf of bread for that price" rationalists are missing the point of hitting a place like that with your friends/SO after class/work or we for the social experience. Like the second you're going into a place with a roof, staff, and amenities its gonna cost you more than what you can do at home because you're paying money not to be at home.

normal people don't go to the toast bar. how does a student afford loving 4 dollar/slice toast again? this is a fad eating trend for pretentious assholes who can afford to spend 8x the material costs so someone else goes to the trouble of putting butter on their bread. the whole loving bay is gentrifying, you can get fancy food anywhere and most of it will be better than the supertoast. remember when restaurants gave you bread and butter for free and you expected it to be good if the restaurant was? good loving times man.

dookifex_maximus
Aug 10, 2016

by zen death robot
sounds like youre jealous youre not at the center of the economy of the known universe

dookifex_maximus
Aug 10, 2016

by zen death robot
do i have to refer you back to worthington's law

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

dookifex_maximus posted:

sounds like youre jealous youre not at the center of the economy of the known universe

so jealous i can't even handle all my jeal. also isn't the known universe a restrictive definition? these computer TITANS OF INDUSTRY might be at the center of other, unknown, universe's economies as well.

dookifex_maximus
Aug 10, 2016

by zen death robot
*crunch* you can really taste the disruption *munch munch*

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

dookifex_maximus posted:

*crunch* you can really taste the disruption *munch munch*

they really spread disruption on think here in the bay. it's like a whole meal of paradigm shifting in each tech start up.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I should grow a beard and open a restauranterié that sells nothing but candy, but the candy is actually real food. Steaks fashioned to look like cakes, ground beef disguised as pralines in a chocolate box

It'll be an overnight success

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
:downs:
wow hipsters are dumb. i can get a whole jar of peanut butter, margarine, and a loaf of bread of $4. thats like 25 toasts for the price of one! and of course you can use that jar for like 10 more loaves of bread.

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona
the people getting mad over $4 toast are actually the very hipsters who are gentrifying SF so they project on to a piece of toast in order to make themselves feel like they arent part of the problem hth

prison is fun
Sep 17, 2016

by Smythe

the great deceiver posted:

the people getting mad over $4 toast are actually the very hipsters who are gentrifying SF so they project on to a piece of toast in order to make themselves feel like they arent part of the problem hth

It's too bad someone didn't give you what was owed instead of stealing it. I feel it would appease your t00d. hth did we get here?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
like i could see the $5 bowl of cerial. some of those kids cerials are pricy, and milk isnt the cheapest thing in the world. but toast? they dont even have toaster ovens so they could melt cheese onto it or something, its just regular stand up toasters with slots

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

prison is fun posted:

It's too bad someone didn't give you what was owed instead of stealing it. I feel it would appease your t00d. hth did we get here?

calm down dare eat some artisnal toast

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Godbless the gangs in Oakland. I hope they can keep those douchebags scared enough that they forget to gentrify it. Let them have Berkeley, it already sucks.

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

lol if you think oakland isnt already gentrified as gently caress

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
In my new restaurant I serve soups, but like, from shovels. So you get a shovel to your table and you eat the soup out of the shovel with spoons that look like shovels and everything costs 15 dollars extra

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
lol close enough:

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

lol if you think oakland isnt already gentrified as gently caress

I've actually lived in San Francisco and Oakland. It's not that bad.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
This thread taught me that those cities are overflowing with feces or something

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

pictured: reeses' puffs

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

i was living in oakland last year and it's not that bad when you compare it to SF but it's still bad

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

i'm glad that one of the clones got lovely arm tattoos so you can tell them apart

i was living in oakland last year and it's not that bad when you compare it to SF but it's still bad

oakland's deffo changed a lot in the last 3 or so years.

sofokles
Feb 7, 2004

Fuck this
looks tasty, but a bit thick
4 bucks - pretty cheap

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

akulanization posted:

oakland's deffo changed a lot in the last 3 or so years.

Jesus, has it really? I was there like 8 years ago and I thought It would be the one bay area holdout.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

Falun Bong Refugee posted:

Jesus, has it really? I was there like 8 years ago and I thought It would be the one bay area holdout.

sf overflowed on us and now the minorities are leaving to live further inland where they can actually afford rent :( the black community has been hardest hit so far. a lovely apartment that has a bathroom and a small kitchen in addition to its 12x12 main room in like the goddamn 40s is like 750 a month. lots of upscale restaurants have sprung up like weeds and basically everything but chinadown in the downtown area has changed a lot. montclair used to be fuckin' upscale and now it is probably less packed with rich people poo poo than piedmont avenue/rockridge/telegraph.

• Locked thread