Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
I meet a girl, things go pretty well. I kiss her goodbye on the first date. I text a bit and kid around. On the second date the sex topic comes up, and I might even swap some funny stories; the tension's building. On the third date we go out to dinner, come back to have a glass of wine. Cuddling turns into making out, and we have sex.

Without fail, within three days her friend request is sitting in my mailbox.

I've noticed the trend before, but this has happened with consistency with girls both on and off of OKC--for about the last year. Sometimes I add them, sometimes I don't, but what I do know is that it's a problem.

What do you do? Do you bring it up, do you say no, do you make up an excuse? I've even had a girl go as far as to start messaging some of my friends about me. Things can get pretty weird, it's a tough thing.

What are your thoughts?

https://www.reddit.com/r/OkCupid/comments/17wk58/the_facebook_problem/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Can't show you hand like that man

Gotta let people get frothy

plus we have the other relationship thread!!

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!
I hit "accept" and then go make bowl of cereal, watch some Dr. Who, maybe blow my nose if the weather has been fluctuating like it has lately. I try to drink 8 glasses of water a day now, so I'm either finishing another glass off or I'm staving off going to the restroom because the Master has his finger on the button and the Dr is about to save the world for the 8th time. Then I get a text message, breaking my concentration altogether, and my stubbornness loses out, I hit pause, and take a leak while telling myself not to drop my phone because toilet bowls full of urine are basically a cell phone graveyard waiting to happen. On my way back to the living room I think a snack might be in order, but I'm on a low-cal plan and I know if I ingest some calories now when I'm not hungry, then I lose out on calories later when I am.
Suffice to say, I hit the play button and that damned doctor has done it again with the help of his trusted companion. Always two steps ahead of the antagonist, I tell you.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
i dont think people really have sex

Lonos Oboe
Jun 7, 2014
I never friend them and if they have a problem with that, then we are not compatible. I am dating a girl for 2 years and we never friended each other and we are both very happy not to involve each other in that bullshit. What she does on her own time is her life. If you want to friend someone just to keep tabs on them, then you are a freaky weirdo who worries about your partner cheating on you.

Adding someone you are dating on facebook is opening a savings account for online stalking after you break up. I know a woman who six years after the fact gets drunk and stalks her married ex and his 2 year old kid.

Keep it real (life) and you will never have the Facebook problem

EDIT: Sorry for the real post everyone.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
https://www.reddit.com/user/Charmandior

https://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/1m5nw6/when_is_the_fastest_youve_gone_from_being/

If this was through a friend or something, then he's just being a d-bag.

However, if this is from online dating, his honesty is not completely uncalled for. Many girls I've met take really deceptive pictures online. Sure, saying you look a bit bigger is a tad blunt but the context here is very important. My "fastest you've gone from being attracted" has personally been upon meeting someone from an online dating website that was heavier than advertised.

Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat
Just lol if you interact with girls, if they arent in my guild or work at the comic store theres no point

Sex is just energy wasted that could be put into staying up late on that epic raid

Hth

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
man sex havers got bad problems so glad i am not one

Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat
I mean i have a chair with the back cut out so i can offer my twink rear end to those who be behind me but that doesnt take any energy so im good

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

I remember when people used to post genuine stuff like this on SA. I remember.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
Usually it goes you meet someone irl then friend then on Facebook and find their feed is 100 percent far right shares

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Disable your Facebook like every other sane person

.lnk to the past
May 3, 2005

psoting while drunk
friend her so that you can spend the rest of your relationship liking her statuses within minutes of their posting and if you don't you're not being supportive

Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat

gary oldmans diary posted:

i dont think people really have sex

My man

If this were fb id like it or react to it

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Race Realists posted:

I meet a girl, things go pretty well. I kiss her goodbye on the first date. I text a bit and kid around. On the second date the sex topic comes up, and I might even swap some funny stories; the tension's building. On the third date we go out to dinner, come back to have a glass of wine. Cuddling turns into making out, and we have sex.

Without fail, within three days her friend request is sitting in my mailbox.

I've noticed the trend before, but this has happened with consistency with girls both on and off of OKC--for about the last year. Sometimes I add them, sometimes I don't, but what I do know is that it's a problem.

What do you do? Do you bring it up, do you say no, do you make up an excuse? I've even had a girl go as far as to start messaging some of my friends about me. Things can get pretty weird, it's a tough thing.

What are your thoughts?

https://www.reddit.com/r/OkCupid/comments/17wk58/the_facebook_problem/

source your quotes

Oh, you did.

prison is fun
Sep 17, 2016

by Smythe

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

source your quotes

Oh, you did.

hey man do u like junkie xL? i really love him but i havent had a talk with him in too long. or my friend jules who now has time for gaming. and my other friend jose who also will make time for gaming. so i want some good music.

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

:pcgaming: :pcgaming: :pcgaming:
Tl dr

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

prison is fun posted:

hey man do u like junkie xL? i really love him but i havent had a talk with him in too long. or my friend jules who now has time for gaming. and my other friend jose who also will make time for gaming. so i want some good music.

please shut up

prison is fun
Sep 17, 2016

by Smythe
o so ull only be my friend once my charges are thrown out and name vindicated??? okay troll on

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
i never facebook friended women i got involved with

ever

until a year after i was married

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

LegoPirateNinja posted:

i never facebook friended women i got involved with

ever

until a year after i was married

that is a pretty solid plan

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice
heh normiebook drama

old fat bird
Oct 27, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Uninstall Facebook

Resintall Facebook

Hit power button

Hold power button for 30 seconds until the device completely shuts off

hope this fixes your Facebook problem OP

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Monstrous Dooklord posted:

Uninstall Facebook

Resintall Facebook

Hit power button

Hold power button for 30 seconds until the device completely shuts off

hope this fixes your Facebook problem OP

this has actually worked for me before.

vargas
Sep 18, 2016

by zen death robot

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

this has actually worked for me before.

its too bad u dont answer emails either

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

vargas posted:

its too bad u dont answer emails either

you never e-mailed me

vargas
Sep 18, 2016

by zen death robot

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

you never e-mailed me

aim still works

vargas
Sep 18, 2016

by zen death robot
STEAM http://steamcommunity.com/id/ireallydolikeyou/

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

vargas posted:

aim still works

havent singed on to aime in a long time. Like 2 years

vargas
Sep 18, 2016

by zen death robot
okay i believe u. 2 years is a short time for people like me in solitary so we lose track of time sorry

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
play dark souls 3

vargas
Sep 18, 2016

by zen death robot
ill buy it for u if u want but i aint playing that poo poo no way

lets play shifter_k the mod designed for me :D

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

vargas posted:

ill buy it for u if u want but i aint playing that poo poo no way

lets play shifter_k the mod designed for me :D

you are nasty!

vargas
Sep 18, 2016

by zen death robot
~ yes i did get a video game mod that got bought by google custom tailored for me before it was cool ty ~

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

vargas posted:

~ yes i did get a video game mod that got bought by google custom tailored for me before it was cool ty ~

Im tierd of playing along. What do you want vargas

vargas
Sep 18, 2016

by zen death robot
well meph is stealing my job and my legacy and heritage and thats cool if he weren't such a man yak so im gonna keep what i worked hard for and earned ya hear

gently caress that greedie git

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

vargas posted:

well meph is stealing my job and my legacy and heritage and thats cool if he weren't such a man yak so im gonna keep what i worked hard for and earned ya hear

sorry to hear theat but I am Mump

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

vargas posted:

did you really think I stole your job

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
install linux, problem solved

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vargas
Sep 18, 2016

by zen death robot

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

did you really think I stole your job

i think its unfair to constantly smurf to such a degree it endangers peoples hard earned lifes yes

• Locked thread