Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Talk about how your team sucks and is bad. For reference: my team played like a cupcake because it is a cupcake in the grand scheme of college football.

And we play Houston next week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005
he hodl the ball, free championship stolen by Ou again

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

look who won a football game, motherfuckers

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Looking for a secondary, where can I find one?

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Sucks about the board being down during that Louisville game oh well go noles

We've lost 4 of our last 10 so hopefully changes are made

pillsburysoldier fucked around with this message at 07:51 on Sep 18, 2016

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

louisville is scary

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
unlv sucks and tony sanchez picked the wrong jc qb to get fully behind

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
My dumb team lost to the 5-time-straight current champions, no shame in that

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

My team lost not because we didn't kick extra points, but because we couldn't blow out a Mike Riley team in 2016.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Real time footage of me

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Jacob Eason's pretty good

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

Lessail posted:

unlv sucks and tony sanchez picked the wrong jc qb to get fully behind

then again it doesn't matter because whichever qb he picked would've been the wrong one unlv can't have nice things

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005
https://zippy.gfycat.com/DownrightCarefulJapanesebeetle.webm i just wish there was a clear recovery

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005
Perhaps having Cal Homer Pac12 Replay officials was a bad idea and you should let me do every game cause I'm always right

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
My Wildly Inaccurate Top 25 (no losses allowed)

1 Alabama
2 Houston
3 Louisville
4 Ohio State
5 Michigan
6 Miami
7 Stanford
8 Baylor
9 Utah
10 Washington
11 Michigan State
12 Texas A&M
13 Tennessee
14 Arkansas
15 Clemson
16 San Diego State
17 Nebraska
18 Wisconsin
19 Georgia
20 Florida
21 Minnesota
22 Boise State
23 Central Michigan
24 Arizona State
25 Western Michigan

Also Receiving Votes:

Army
Navy
Georgia Tech
Toledo
Georgia Southern

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.
Views:

-Louisville will beat Bama in a shootout and Bama fans will blame Lane's play calling and not the defense.

-Tom Herman threat rankings:

1. LSU
2. Texas
3. OU

-Jimbo Fisher is not an NFL caliber quarterback

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
guys what if haha what if and I know this sounds crazy lol but what if we banned the forward pass

also where is that one bowling green fan because gehrig deiter loving blows

Scionix fucked around with this message at 08:03 on Sep 18, 2016

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

texas losing cant make up for the voice actor of zorak and moltar dying. tonight blows

Democrazy
Oct 16, 2008

If you're not willing to lick the boot, then really why are you in politics lol? Everything is a cycle of just getting stomped on so why do you want to lose to it over and over, just submit like me, I'm very intelligent.
UConn won because Virginia's quarterback decided to run for it when they had no timeouts.

It was a pretty good day.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
N: VT beat BC 49-0
V: loving owns

This game was pretty much what people envisioned when this hire was made: Bud Foster's suffocating D(BC had 120 yards, 6 first downs, and set a school record with 13 punts) with Justin Fuente's high powered O(250 passing, 220 rushing, 49 points). It was so good I felt dirty after the game.

Yes, BC's O is bad but a shutout is always good plus we're only a year removed from basically the worst D of the Foster era. The big thing, however, is the O crushing a very good D. VT not only passed for a bunch but ran for over 200 as well, the most ever for Addazio-led BC. GT rushed for half as many yards on the same number of carries against BC. Best of all, no fumbles today. The only TO was a pick but it was tipped by usually sure-handed WR Isaiah Ford so you can't get mad.

Also it's early but I think Jerod Evans is legit. He's somewhere around the 67% mark with 700 yards, 10 TDs, and only 1 INT. He's improving every week and seems to thrive in Fuente's O. The best part is everyone is contributing on offense now, it's great not to see talent go to waste each week.

VT hasn't beaten down an ACC opponent like that ever so that's a pretty hopeful sign early in the Fuente era. Above all, I finally had fun watching VT again.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

We won a hell of a game that nobody watched because Alabama was losing for most of it. After the first two games I had very little confidence in Nebraska this year, but now I'm feeling pretty good. The Big 10 West might be within grasp - I could see it coming down to the Iowa game.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Democrazy posted:

UConn won because Virginia's quarterback decided to run for it when they had no timeouts.

It was a pretty good day.

That was the dumbest loving play sequence.

For the uninformed, UVA was down 3, got the ball on their 25 with 1:33 left and no timeouts(pay attention). They hit 2 long passes to get them to 1st and goal on UConn's 9 and they do:

- run on 1st down for 4 yards
- spike on 2nd down
- run on 3rd down for 3 yards
- rush FG team out, snap ball with 3 seconds remaining and 20 yard FG is missed and missed hard

The dumbest play sequence. Bronco Mendenhall is Mike London's spiritual successor and UVA is doomed in football for years to come.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
SDSU comfortably beats a bad NIU team on the road and heads into a bye with a 3-0 record before our last OOC game in two weeks at South Alabama.

DJ Pumphrey is amazing and we're lucky to have him. He went from 39th to 29th on the all time rushing list with his 220 yard performance today, and has 600 yards rushing on the year through three games. Hopefully more people will start paying attention to him.

I am so happy with my team

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Yoshifan823 posted:

My Wildly Inaccurate Top 25 (no losses allowed)

1 Alabama
2 Houston
3 Louisville
4 Ohio State
5 Michigan
6 Miami
7 Stanford
8 Baylor
9 Utah
10 Washington
11 Michigan State
12 Texas A&M
13 Tennessee
14 Arkansas
15 Clemson
16 San Diego State
17 Nebraska
18 Wisconsin
19 Georgia
20 Florida
21 Minnesota
22 Boise State
23 Central Michigan
24 Arizona State
25 Western Michigan

Also Receiving Votes:

Army
Navy
Georgia Tech
Toledo
Georgia Southern

No votes for Wake Forest? Get outta here.

In that vein:

N: DEACS

V: BITCH

Please be okay, Kendall Hinton and Cade Carney. :(

Quest For Glory II posted:

texas losing cant make up for the voice actor of zorak and moltar dying. tonight blows

Huh? Google's giving me nothing on this.

SamuraiFoochs fucked around with this message at 08:30 on Sep 18, 2016

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
Rice lost to Baylor Friday night. Two amusing things happened:

1. the thread title
https://twitter.com/ESPNCFB/status/776948154252009472

2. Baylor fans got really upset about the MOB making a very veiled reference to the unpleasantness of this summer. Actual script (as shown on the video board); video recording; one example of press coverage; pointless non-apology by Rice administration.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Aggies got a nice win at Auburn, defense good Trevor Knight bad, etc. We're going to win an acceptable 8 games maybe 9, cool, whatever.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Honestly if Mazzone doesn't outthink himself in the red zone we could have won by a lot more, but it was more comfortable than the final scoreline implies so I'm happy with that.

Road wins in conference are never bad

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

It was a bad if not unexpected loss for Texas, but I hope they can turn it around with this weird Big XII year and win some games. It can't be asking too much for Charlie Strong to succeed in Austin, can it?

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
I enjoyed watching Michigan beat up on Colorado while the Buffaloes were wearing 1994 throwback jerseys and Kordell Stewart and Michael Westbrook watched it all happen from the sidelines.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy
LSU hung on to beat a team that lost to South Alabama or something.

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
But seriously fumbling into the end zone should be a touchback even if there was no "clear recovery" or whatevs

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!
Basically I'm saying Texas would have come back and won the game

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

That was, uh, something.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I think I may have overreacted about firing Jimbo yesterday. Please, don't go, Jimbo. :ohdear:

For real, though, it's been almost half a decade since we won a championship, so get on that.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Apparently what Arizona's needed was to change their defense third down/red zone tune from Crazy Train to For Whom The Bell Tolls. They need to edit in super loud bells to match the effect of the super loud horns they edited in to the Crazy Train though so the dumb crowd knows to be loud on defense.

Also they debuted a new player whose name I thought was J.J. Dillon the whole game and as far as I'm concerned one of the Four Horseman left the squared cicle and went out and ran for 150+ yards as a 74 year old college freshman.

Rick fucked around with this message at 10:44 on Sep 18, 2016

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Alaois posted:

louisville is scary

Alternatively FSU is just bad :ohdear:

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

Mr. Nice! posted:

Alternatively FSU is just bad :ohdear:

Personally I think putting up 63 is hard against any P5 team and lean more towards "who the gently caress is going to beat Louisville"

e: and yes I know the Kansas' of the world exist but you know what I mean

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

whiteyfats posted:

I think I may have overreacted about firing Jimbo yesterday. Please, don't go, Jimbo. :ohdear:

For real, though, it's been almost half a decade since we won a championship, so get on that.

gently caress yoooouuuuu.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SamuraiFoochs posted:

gently caress yoooouuuuu.

Meanie. :smithcloud:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

No way in hell I was staying up late enough to watch the Texas game. Looks like a close loss, which is not bad for that team on the road late at night. Kinda what I expected more or less. What happened?

• Locked thread