Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Bringing the ball securely across the plane is overrated anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

That Works posted:

No way in hell I was staying up late enough to watch the Texas game. Looks like a close loss, which is not bad for that team on the road late at night. Kinda what I expected more or less. What happened?

Texas' defense is, somewhat surprisingly, loving terrible. At the end of the game when it was 50-43 Cal, Cal broke a big run but their RB dropped it before he crossed the plane. While a Texas player picked it up in the end zone, it was ruled not to be an immediate recovery, and Cal kept the ball and just kneeled it. I think this is a drat silly ruling but Texas still would have had to drive 80 yards with no timeouts and little time left just to tie it so really they can't complain very loudly imo.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

rebel1608 posted:

Texas' defense is, somewhat surprisingly, loving terrible. At the end of the game when it was 50-43 Cal, Cal broke a big run but their RB dropped it before he crossed the plane. While a Texas player picked it up in the end zone, it was ruled not to be an immediate recovery, and Cal kept the ball and just kneeled it. I think this is a drat silly ruling but Texas still would have had to drive 80 yards with no timeouts and little time left just to tie it so really they can't complain very loudly imo.

Yeah I had been reading from the GDT and comments in here that some kinda dumb thing happened at the end but lol @ 50 points on the board by Cal, can't explain that away by a few bad ref decisions.

Oh well, at least we kept it close. Kinda expected this game to be a loss.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

That Works posted:

Yeah I had been reading from the GDT and comments in here that some kinda dumb thing happened at the end but lol @ 50 points on the board by Cal, can't explain that away by a few bad ref decisions.

Oh well, at least we kept it close. Kinda expected this game to be a loss.

Oh I should have mentioned a catch by Cal that kept an eventual TD drive (iirc) alive was not a catch and should have been reviewed, but was not. Texas can complain about that I think. Even so, fix that loving defense and it isn't an issue at all.

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002
What a great year Arkansas is undefeated (that won't last) and Texas has lost. No matter what happens for the rest of the year I can rest easy.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Florida looked dominant on defense, vanilla on offense (presumably trying to get Del Rio meaningful, high pressure reps), then probably lost him for Tennessee.

UF's starting QB has missed a game due to injury in every season for the past 6 years according to the twittersphere. I'm too lazy to fact check it, but that feels about right.

Either way, ugh.

Also, in case anyone was in danger of feeling any sympathy or positivity for Penn State in any capacity

Here you go.

LeeMajors fucked around with this message at 12:56 on Sep 18, 2016

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

That Works posted:

No way in hell I was staying up late enough to watch the Texas game. Looks like a close loss, which is not bad for that team on the road late at night. Kinda what I expected more or less. What happened?

Defense got repeatedly clowned by some walk-on WR. Just over and over again.

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

There is no Coordinator but Narduzzi, and Shilique is his Prophet.
Texas losing sucks because it seems that Notre Dame is bad and that MSU isn't very good, either.

That said, beat those fucks at home for the first time since 2007 go Green.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I am sad about starting quarterback Luke Del Rio being hurt and probably missing one of the most important games of the season.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Ehud posted:

I am sad about starting quarterback Luke Del Rio being hurt and probably missing one of the most important games of the season.

We had too much goodness at the QB position for too long. We flew too close to the sun.

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
Huskers looked like a football team which was cool. Oregon probably should have gone for a PAT a couple times there

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Chump Farts posted:

Texas losing sucks because it seems that Notre Dame is bad and that MSU isn't very good, either.

That said, beat those fucks at home for the first time since 2007 go Green.

Even though it hurts our rankings (meaningless for Texas this season really), it's always good to watch ND lose, especially at home. Good stuff on MSU.

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back

Ehud posted:

Tennessee is going to make a back-up look like word beaters after Saturday.

Seriously Tennessee has lost 3 of their 4 best players on D (only Barnett survives), their OL is trash, and the O has yet to find any rhythm this year. I don't think they have put together a good quarter even against a MAC team.

Tennessee looked better during the Dooley years than what I've seen in the first 3 games so far, and we have the most talent we've had since the Fulmer years. Worst 3-0 team.

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

So has anyone made the joke about Lamar Jackson causing a bigger trail of tears than Andrew Jackson?

BEHOLD: MY CAPE
Jan 11, 2004
Other than some dumb procedural penalties in a loud stadium Ohio State looked awesome and the marquee road game could have hardly gone any better. The new starting talent was fully on display and I have no questions at all about JT Barrett getting back on the field to lead an inexperienced offense. Defense looked good, made several huge plays and forced multiple mistakes from a Heisman votes caliber quarterback. Playoff teams are officially on notice.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
ISU covered the spread!

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

The Glumslinger posted:

Real time footage of me

This is stupid police state bullshit.

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

Asproigerosis posted:

Bringing the ball securely across the plane is overrated anyway.

This epidemic of pre-endzone ball dropping is fascinating to me. It has never been a problem in the long history of football until the last 2 years and now all of a sudden everyone is doing it. :iiam:

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Gorson posted:

This epidemic of pre-endzone ball dropping is fascinating to me. It has never been a problem in the long history of football until the last 2 years and now all of a sudden everyone is doing it. :iiam:

Also the person who made it famous made it so because he fumbled it. Why is it so hard to make sure you're in the endzone first?

Anyway, MSU kicked rear end for three quarters yesterday and then gave me the worst John L PTSD flashbacks of my life, but at least they held on this time.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?
I don't like Josh Huepel

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

That Works posted:

Charlie Strong's defense got lost on the way to California, and ended up making its way back to Gainesville, Florida.

Cthulhumatic
May 21, 2007
Not dreaming...just turned off.

LeeMajors posted:

Florida looked dominant on defense, vanilla on offense (presumably trying to get Del Rio meaningful, high pressure reps), then probably lost him for Tennessee.

UF's starting QB has missed a game due to injury in every season for the past 6 years according to the twittersphere. I'm too lazy to fact check it, but that feels about right.

Either way, ugh.

Also, in case anyone was in danger of feeling any sympathy or positivity for Penn State in any capacity

Here you go.
Obviously a Temple false flag

...goddammit I hate this fan base.

JonathonSpectre
Jul 23, 2003

I replaced the Shermatar and text with this because I don't wanna see racial slurs every time you post what the fuck

Soiled Meat
Well... I've watched FSU lose some games before, but that was pretty rough. The last time we got hosed like that was against Oregon, but that was just horrendous luck over and over and over, the gods finally turning against us after an entire season with us. But this? Man, this was just an abortion.

No part of the team looked good, everyone looked unprepared, both lines were loving terrible, etc. I have no idea if our offense would have had a chance or not normally because there were like 1-2 plays in the entire loving game that the Louisville DL didn't just blow up our OL right off the bat. Normally you can look for bright spots in losses but really this whole affair was dumpsterfire.jpg from beginning to end. I'm going to chalk it up to Lamar Jackson really is that good and enjoy the rest of the season.

I guess maybe we'll get a good episode out of the Showtime series at least. Hopefully we'll see some dudes step up after this and come back hard. If we go down south and lose to the USF Bulls I'll start to worry.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Lol Iowa

Don't play the fighting NoDak Bison, bitch

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

So is an "immediate" fumble recovery a new thing

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Aliquid posted:

It's a made up thing to cover up their incompetence and bias.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Aliquid posted:

The refs blew the whistle too early so the ball is dead at the point of the fumble

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Quest For Glory II posted:

texas losing cant make up for the voice actor of zorak and moltar dying. tonight blows

C. Martin Croker died? Oh man :(

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Henchman of Santa posted:

Anyway, MSU kicked rear end for three quarters yesterday and then gave me the worst John L PTSD flashbacks of my life, but at least they held on this time.

Good God did they ever. I felt like hiding under a table at the bar. Glad MSU pulled it out, and probably more glad that there's a teachable moment here about taking their foot off the gas.

Also, a ~Top 10 match-up between MSU and Wisconsin will be...at noon on BTN? How the gently caress did that happen?

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Incoherence posted:

Rice lost to Baylor Friday night. Two amusing things happened:

1. the thread title
https://twitter.com/ESPNCFB/status/776948154252009472

https://youtu.be/v5yG56iOtOg

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

LeeMajors posted:

Either way, ugh.

Here you go.

:stonk:

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Anals of History posted:

Good God did they ever. I felt like hiding under a table at the bar. Glad MSU pulled it out, and probably more glad that there's a teachable moment here about taking their foot off the gas.

Also, a ~Top 10 match-up between MSU and Wisconsin will be...at noon on BTN? How the gently caress did that happen?

BTN is trying to launch their own Game Day style show, and are launching it from East Lansing.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
Next week is where we'll get much more data on whether or not Washington is actually a top-10 team

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

UGA won so that was cool
Eason did a pretty solid job for first confrence road game
There was no Lambert, so I was happy
Our O-Line is going to be trash all year due to depth
3-0 baby

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Groucho Marxist posted:

I don't like Josh Huepel

I certainly have my reservations but...well then there's last year.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Anals of History posted:

I honestly didn't notice Wisconsin was top 10

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002

BEHOLD: MY CAPE posted:

Other than some dumb procedural penalties in a loud stadium Ohio State looked awesome and the marquee road game could have hardly gone any better. The new starting talent was fully on display and I have no questions at all about JT Barrett getting back on the field to lead an inexperienced offense. Defense looked good, made several huge plays and forced multiple mistakes from a Heisman votes caliber quarterback. Playoff teams are officially on notice.

I thought you were a Florida fan

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Henchman of Santa posted:

I honestly didn't notice Wisconsin was top 10

Les Miles strikes again!

Shappa
Jan 22, 2005

You probably don't know her, she goes to a different school
Last week I stopped by to boast about how Auburn looked like they're a pretty decent team.

They're not.

Well... the players are, but the offense is being horribly mismanaged which in turn stresses the defense to the point where they don't have the endurance to play 70+ plays a game and pee pee poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
https://twitter.com/barstooltweets/status/777383467957059584

• Locked thread