Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Grouchio posted:

I have been sporadically watching Mushishi, binged on Gankutsuou back in July, and have continued to watch Jojo to this date. Any more-recent anime recommendations from 2003-2013 that I could fill my time up with while I wait for good shows in October?

You watched Urobuchi's shows from that era? Madoka, Fate/Zero, and Psycho-Pass?

Hunter X Hunter is also worth a shout - beside JoJo, it's the other great long-running shonen of the past decade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Serious Frolicking posted:

i wish that show was better than it turned out to be

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Darth Walrus posted:

You watched Urobuchi's shows from that era? Madoka, Fate/Zero, and Psycho-Pass?

Hunter X Hunter is also worth a shout - beside JoJo, it's the other great long-running shonen of the past decade.
I have already seen all of those yes. K-ON I might give a shot considering that I recommended it to my cousin and my hippie uncle.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Watch concrete revolutio, the best show of the year so far IMO

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

Droyer posted:

Don't watch it if you care about peace, freedom, or justice

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Terper posted:

alternatively

What is this word doing in the middle of your post???

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

that was about how i reacted to the ending, yeah

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Grouchio posted:

I have already seen all of those yes. K-ON I might give a shot considering that I recommended it to my cousin and my hippie uncle.

It's good

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Droyer posted:

I have just started it and am... a bit confused. I like the aesthetic, though, and I imagine all will be explained, so I look forward to continuing.

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

Agronox posted:

I have just started it and am... a bit confused. I like the aesthetic, though, and I imagine all will be explained, so I look forward to continuing.

It's very deliberate about the order it presents events

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

brainwrinkle posted:

There are not enough people excited for Teekyu S8 in this thread!!

My chummo i am glad they went to enough vending machines that still had change in the slots so they could fund another season

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??
The Force of Will card game has an anime movie coming out some time in 2017, and just released a trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjSnFPKAEA4

It looks surprisingly excellent for a movie based on a card game.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Grouchio posted:

I have been sporadically watching Mushishi, binged on Gankutsuou back in July, and have continued to watch Jojo to this date. Any more-recent anime recommendations from 2003-2013 that I could fill my time up with while I wait for good shows in October?

Try watching Haikyuu

https://u.pomf.is/tzkrtl.webm

https://u.pomf.is/jiykwf.webm

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Knorth posted:

Try watching Haikyuu
Knorth your name sounds like Gmork.

Also sports Anime isn't my thing.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Grouchio posted:

Anime isn't my thing.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

VostokProgram posted:

It's very deliberate about the order it presents events

a good post/avatar combination

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Grouchio posted:

What sports ani.e have you watched

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Grouchio posted:

Ah, another nerd to stuff in a locker.

serebralassazin
Feb 20, 2004
I wish I had something clever to say.

Grouchio posted:

Another vote for Chihayafuru. Then when you finish and realize there hasn't been another season announced read the manga.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

GorfZaplen posted:

What sports ani.e have you watched

Shokugeki doesn't count does it? Um....
Nothing. Never. Ever.
When I was little I avoided Prince of Tennis and Ultimate Muscle on 4Kids. Only watched Space Jam.
When I was older I was revolted by Free as a yaoi sellout.
Ping Pong being an Anime around Ping pong on first sight baffled me, because why is there an anime about Ping Pong?
Hajime no Ippo, Kuroko no Basket, Haikyuu, you name it, have never interested me, as they're about sports
Which I have despised since I was little (bad one-day experience with Soccer when I was five)

So yeah.
(Does that Water Polo Ecchi count?)

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

lmao

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRwJvOm395E

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Honesty must be all the rage these days.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
you better fix your hosed up sports anime track record with keijo this fall season my friend

Astro Ambulance
Dec 25, 2008

I thought I didn't like sports anime until I watched haikyuu, now I realize that you really dont have to care or know anything about sports to enjoy sports anime. watch haikyuu it good

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Lemon-Lime posted:

What is this word doing in the middle of your post???

I only ever recommend people watch one anime at a time.

Too many anime at once can destroy your laifu or however the saying goes

That said you should watch Chihayafuru

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Grouchio posted:

Nothing. Never. Ever.
When I was little I avoided Prince of Tennis and Ultimate Muscle on 4Kids. Only watched Space Jam.
Ping Pong being an Anime around Ping pong on first sight baffled me, because why is there an anime about Ping Pong?
Hajime no Ippo, Kuroko no Basket, Haikyuu, you name it, have never interested me, as they're about sports
Which I have despised since I was little (bad one-day experience with Soccer when I was five)

So yeah.

Jesus Christ, but also watch Haikyuu, Ring no Kakero, Ping Pong the Animation and Saki to see how varied sports anime can be

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
also Love Live!! Sunshine!

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Mods change my name to yaoi sellout

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
yaoi always sells out

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Grouchio posted:

Nothing. Never. Ever.

So yeah.

Like every genre ever, there are good and bad shows in said drama. You should listen to the people in this forum and explore anime outside of your comfort zone, it might make you grow a little.

Especially when you say poo poo like

quote:

I was revolted by Free as a yaoi sellout.

Which implies that you think that there's something fundamentally wrong with male fanservice and/or yaoi relationships (which the show doesn't even have the later, by the way).

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
lol if only Free was yaoi

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Everything Burrito posted:

lol if only Free was yaoi

You just have to believe.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

Grouchio posted:

:cripes:

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oELt0mRfd-Q

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Everything Burrito posted:

lol if only Free was sports

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

StrixNebulosa posted:

That link doesn't work, and I know nothing about this show: why is it so hyped? On first glance it's just high school drama with some shogi, which doesn't sound like the next best thing like sliced bread?

It's a gosh dang Manga Taisho winner and the fact that the op doesn't mention it at all is criminal.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I think Fune wo Amu is my pick for this season. I don't know anything about it but the description is so low key that it stands out to me. It's apparently based on a novel that had an award winning film adaptation too

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Chihayafuru, silver spoon, brides story, kakukaku shikajika, and the newest Taisho winner is kamuy.

The committee that picks the Taisho has incredibly good taste.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Sharkopath posted:

Chihayafuru, silver spoon, brides story, kakukaku shikajika, and the newest Taisho winner is kamuy.

The committee that picks the Taisho has incredibly good taste.

You'll find that a lot of past nominees were things that either you posted a lot about, or were forum favorites.

• Locked thread