Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I'm going to watch Luger code because the description is really funny to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

There's a lot of anime I'm interested in this season. I'll make the list when I get home

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

HERE IS THE GORF LIST

All Out!!
Drifters
FLIP FLAPPERS
Fune wo Amu
Izetta, Die Letzte Hexe
Long Riders
Luger Code 1951
NANBAKA
Tiger Mask W
Yuri!!! on ICE

I'll watch at least one episode of these

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I read Luger Code and I've decided to drop it.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Strange Quark posted:

That was fast.

It was really boring

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Also it's only three chapters long?

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Luger Code 1951 is the Grand Prize winner of the Shounen Jump+ × Animax Anime Scenario Award, announced in September 2015. The theme of the contest was "your original scenario in the image of Shounen Jump." The contest accepted unpublished entries that could be made into a short anime 30 to 40 minutes in estimated length. Akatsuki was one of the judges in the competition.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

So is this a full series or just a one-shot?

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Grouchio posted:

Knorth your name sounds like Gmork.

Also sports Anime isn't my thing.

What sports ani.e have you watched

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Grouchio posted:

Shokugeki doesn't count does it? Um....
Nothing. Never. Ever.
When I was little I avoided Prince of Tennis and Ultimate Muscle on 4Kids. Only watched Space Jam.
When I was older I was revolted by Free as a yaoi sellout.
Ping Pong being an Anime around Ping pong on first sight baffled me, because why is there an anime about Ping Pong?
Hajime no Ippo, Kuroko no Basket, Haikyuu, you name it, have never interested me, as they're about sports
Which I have despised since I was little (bad one-day experience with Soccer when I was five)

So yeah.
(Does that Water Polo Ecchi count?)

Jesus Christ, but also watch Haikyuu, Ring no Kakero, Ping Pong the Animation and Saki to see how varied sports anime can be

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I think Fune wo Amu is my pick for this season. I don't know anything about it but the description is so low key that it stands out to me. It's apparently based on a novel that had an award winning film adaptation too

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I'm adding Classicaloids to the list as well.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Freakazoid_ posted:

fall has no new normie tier anim

Drifters

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Oh yeah, the short anime To Be Hero is on my list too. Handsome dad becomes ugly dad superhero, produced by the insane Excel Saga guy.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Also Gundam IBO

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I'm going g to bankroll the M.D. Geist cinematic universe. Who's with me

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

In Training posted:

Hopefully Izetta had a meandering opening episode so I can post "sooo Izetta slow" and rack up the empty quotes

Looking forward to it.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Tiger Mask is good sports action fun. I can't wait for the Tigers to tag team Yellow Devil.

If Izetta can keep up to the level of quality in that first episode it might be one of the best shows of the season. Let's hope it is :toot:

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I completed Glory and Eiger's missions tonight

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Eiger's mission has like no enemies and is really easy. Glory's wasn't that hard either. gently caress you Blitz!

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Wrong thread lmao

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

StrixNebulosa posted:

I would watch a Shadowrun anime in a heartbeat.

Cyber City Oedo 808 is pretty darn close to one

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

The Colonel posted:

i think tiger mask w looks kind of cheap but it doesn't bother me too much because it's so loving amazing

Cheapness is part of the Tiger Mask experience

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I think I'll just wait for third party subs before watching flip flappers

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0tBCAmE64M

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Augh!!! Wrong thread agaiN!!!!

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I liked the first ep of TO BE HERO

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

the presence of titties won't turn me away from a show, but that show needs to have something other than titties going for it

A lot of those Ishikawa have rear end too.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I post about Ken Ishikawa so much he's in my autocorrect...god bless anime

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Nanbaka is kind of cheaply made (lots of cgi backgrounds, sometimes no backgrounds at all) but it's pretty funny. The guards are really funny and the main guys are pretty funny too.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

There's an epic callback tot he I LIKE MEN TOO scene. Please look forward to it.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Wrong thread again Haha

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

This iss the scene though. For context

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

discworld is all I read posted:

I don't know if anyone mentioned it, but To be hero is pretty good and funny.

I posted about it a lot in the chat thread. I'm excited, at last a good superhero anime

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Nanbaka was funny as well, although the weird sparkle effect might get annoying

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Ms Bernard Said was alright. Now that we know who the characters are I hope it goes into more specific jokes

I enjoyed Drifters! The action was good and the jokes were pretty funny.

I think I'll wait to see how Flip Flappers turns out before watching more, I've already got a lot of anime this season and it's the first one I'm not feeling 100% on.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

The soundtrack for Long Riders is way too dramatic for a show about girls riding bicycles

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Meh

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

In Training posted:

This is on my "To Watch", tentatively. How is it? The last time I got interested in a girls riding bikes story I got burned (bakuon)

It's okay, but in a season this packed it's not going to cut it for me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Classicaloids is really weird. I'm not sure what it's going for.

• Locked thread