Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
babylon the Whore
Sep 19, 2016

gently caress da Mods posted:

Disgusting trash hordes shopping w no principles
Company that has destroyed America
Nasty zit needs to get popped sir
You're the antibiotics in the pig
Toxic

I've seen poor Americans defend Walmarts wages

Why are we stuck in capitalist dark ages

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

I just Walmarted a few hours ago and saved $16+ from scanning other people's receipts because they're too lazy to do so. That's on top of saving an average of $50 on groceries compared to shopping at the local supermarket with lovely, smelly produce (imagine the smell as you're walking through Chinatown at 6pm when they're hosing the sidewalks down).

HTH

Return Of JimmyJars
Jun 24, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Dirk Squarejaw posted:

I just Walmarted a few hours ago and saved $16+ from scanning other people's receipts because they're too lazy to do so. That's on top of saving an average of $50 on groceries compared to shopping at the local supermarket with lovely, smelly produce (imagine the smell as you're walking through Chinatown at 6pm when they're hosing the sidewalks down).

HTH

Do you not have a Whole Foods nearby?

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost
walmartpooporc.jpg

Only registered members can see post attachments!

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy
Some punctuation would really help me understand your word salad, op

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

fina get poz'd? :cabot: :gizz: :baby:

ChrisHansen posted:

Some punctuation would really help me understand your word salad, op

Toss my salad bitch

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Walmart is ok. Best place for buying generic underwear/socks/sweats

Lafarg
Jul 23, 2012

Wal-Mart is a big supporter of the second amendment. I go there for all my ammunition needs.

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

system protocol posted:

Wal-Mart is a big supporter of the second amendment. I go there for all my ammunition needs.

Another poison they spill into the rivers of americas conscience

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

walmart is ok if your life has reached the point where its 3am and you need a plunger like right then

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Stinkier than your average bear
Lipstick Apathy
There was a shirt at Wal mart that was pink and said, "don't laugh, this is your girlfriend's shirt."

My girlfriend bought it, and then hosed another dude and left it at his house. It barely fit him, but I saw him wearing it around. What an rear end in a top hat

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Americans lol

Premeditated Toast
Apr 24, 2008

Same as it ever was.
If we burned every Walmart to the ground people would just create the next new monster because we're all willing to murder our grandmas if it means BARGAIN DEALS. People will talk about shopping local all day long until they find a better deal online.

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
I never found walmart to be especially cheap. All their stuff sells for market value, more or less. You can find anything there for less if you look around

The advantage of walmart is they have everything under one roof and it's open 24/7

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Uh oh another "walmart sucks" thread someone is going to start a QCS thread whining about it.

Original_Z
Jun 14, 2005
Z so good
The Walmarts in Japan are pretty nice and sell imported food for reasonable prices.

Stealthgerbil
Dec 16, 2004

walmart is a closer drive then target and cheaper. but really i just order everything off the internet.

You are a nerd
Apr 9, 2003

See?
I went into a walmart a few years ago and saw an enormous guy in a cowboy hat riding in one of those scooters with a grocery bag full of something yellow in the basket. A few minutes later I caught sight of him digging in the bag for what turned out to be a mcdonalds cheeseburger. An entire grocery bag full that he was just slowly eating as he puttered around the store. It wasn't even a walmart with a mcdonalds in it.

the damn Ruskis are back
Jan 25, 2006

And blew, Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came!
I went to a walmart last week, first time in a few years because it was late on a sunday and I needed a sweatshirt cause I was riding a motorcycle for 5 hours and it was getting late and cold.

Anyway while I was getting my gear on in the parking lot I got to watch a guy have a drug-withdrawl induced seizure after some cops dragged him across the ground and its good to see walmart didnt change a bit from the last time I went.

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

efnii posted:

I went to a walmart last week, first time in a few years because it was late on a sunday and I needed a sweatshirt cause I was riding a motorcycle for 5 hours and it was getting late and cold.

Anyway while I was getting my gear on in the parking lot I got to watch a guy have a drug-withdrawl induced seizure after some cops dragged him across the ground and its good to see walmart didnt change a bit from the last time I went.

Never forget

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
that story a bit ago about the guy that open carries a long gun in walmart and how his wife is so loving over it is pretty good

quote:

Maria sighs. She worked the night before assembling air-conditioner compressors at a nearby factory, and in a few hours, she knows she’ll have to leave for another third shift.

“Yeah,” she says, giving in. “I might as well get this travesty out of the way.”

“What travesty?”

“You carrying a big ol’ rifle in the store, scaring the hell out of all the Walmart shoppers.”

“There’s no difference between carrying a rifle and carrying a handgun,” he says.

“You tried that last time, remember?” Maria says, stepping into a pair of flip-flops and running her fingers through her hair. “And what happened? Barrow County sheriffs. Three or four of them.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...st-draw5&wpmm=1

several friends
Apr 7, 2015

don't dox me

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

Lol@ him

augias
Apr 7, 2009

can i go to meijer

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Return Of JimmyJars posted:

A friend of mine growing up works on a farm that recently started selling to Walmart. The produce they previously would have thrown in the garbage now goes to Walmart stores. Lol

Somewhere down there, Ayn Rand is looking up and smiling as she sheds a tear :)

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Wal Mart is good for one thing and one thing only, Yoohoo. No one else here sells it in a case and since a few of my buddies are Mormon I have to keep some in the fridge for football nights and BBQs

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
Walmart is the loving worst... Hate it

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
I actually like to steal from Walmart so that's a good thing about Walmart

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
One time I went there during peak hours and had about $70 worth of alcohol in the cart. Cashier was stressed out and in a rush and forgot to scan them. Free alcohol is the best alcohol IMO

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me
I just start bustin some caps

Return Of JimmyJars posted:

A friend of mine growing up works on a farm that recently started selling to Walmart. The produce they previously would have thrown in the garbage now goes to Walmart stores. Lol

I feel like there was a thread recently where someone was saying basically this happens but then some other goon went 'actually I worked at WalMart and they get the SAME STUFF :argh:'

Now I don't know what to think.

Dirk Squarejaw posted:

HTH

It's worth say $20 to me to not go into a WalMart to begin with

HTH

e: how many people did you have to walk up to and ask if you could scan their receipt to save that $16 anyway?

Roylicious fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Sep 19, 2016

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
my mom got a job at walmart and this has taught her to buy the opposite of whatever she sees the hordes of morbidly obese people buying during grocery shopping. retail is a :nexus:pit job and practically becomes a nexus of subreality so it's very likely she has some god stories to tell so I figure now i actually got to talk to my mom.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

augias posted:

can i go to meijer

Yeah I heard Meijer pays their people well.

Also the one near me replaced every checkout lane except one with "Scan it yourself" lanes, thus firing all the cashiers.

So yeah meijer is way better.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Walmart is good because they stock the cereal that is so bad for you that other stores wont carry it.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

poo poo like captain crunch's donut crunch and rice krispies treats cereal

Starman Super DX
Oct 17, 2011

This title text is surprisingly sturdy.
One of their workers was trampled to death on Black Friday last year and Walmart refused to take any responsibility for it.

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me
I just start bustin some caps

Xanei.exe posted:

One of their workers was trampled to death on Black Friday last year and Walmart refused to take any responsibility for it.

I got a better one for you:

http://www.businessinsider.com/wal-mart-billionaire-alice-walton-gets-dwi-arrest-expunged-2013-12

quote:

BENTONVILLE, Ark. (AP) — Alice Walton, the billionaire daughter of Wal-Mart Stores Inc. founder Sam Walton, has had a 2011 arrest in Texas for suspected drunken driving cleared from her record after prosecutors declined to press formal charges.

Walton had previously been convicted in 1998 of drunken driving in Springdale, Ark., following a single-vehicle accident.

In 1989, her vehicle struck and killed a woman who was walking in traffic on Arkansas 265 in the state's northwest. Walton was not cited and police said she wasn't at fault in the accident.

quote:

"It will cease to exist for us in any way — literally," Assistant Parker County Prosecutor Fred Barker told the local Dallas/Fort Worth NBC affiliate last October, referring to Walton's DWI charge. Barker's office decided to let the statute of limitations to prosecute Walton expire. They had video evidence of her all sloppy, fumbling through her gymnastics exam, but Trooper Davis was unable to testify after he was mysteriously suspended last March and no blood-alcohol testing was ever conducted. Three weeks later, a Parker County judge granted a petition from Walton's lawyers to remove records of the arrest from the county's file system.

"There's really no way to stop it," Barker remarked. “It's gone, gone, gone."

Roylicious fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Sep 20, 2016

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

Booblord Zagats posted:

Wal Mart is good for one thing and one thing only, Yoohoo. No one else here sells it in a case and since a few of my buddies are Mormon I have to keep some in the fridge for football nights and BBQs

Mormons love Yoohoo huh? Must be the most exciting word they are allowed to say, and also the strongest chocolate product they are allowed to consume.

Pure Blaxplotiation
Jan 19, 2009
Each walmart is a blight on the land. A cancer on the rear end of society. Kill the waltons imo.

Bob Quixote
Jul 7, 2006

This post has been inspected and certified by the Dino-Sorcerer

Grimey Drawer
A walmart in my home town got shut down so they could build a different walmart somewhere else, and the city bought the building and turned it into a pretty nice public library so at least one good thing has indirectly come from walmart.

So shut down all walmarts everywhere and convert them into public service areas is what I'm saying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Bob Quixote posted:

A walmart in my home town got shut down so they could build a different walmart somewhere else, and the city bought the building and turned it into a pretty nice public library so at least one good thing has indirectly come from walmart.

So shut down all walmarts everywhere and convert them into public service areas is what I'm saying.

That is exactly what the neighborhood market campaign was designed to do. They never planned to keep the markets open for decades. they wanted to build small stores with low investment, which would kill the Walgreen's across the street, and then they'd shut it down and dump it cheap to the city, knowing the Walgreens was closed and everybody was now driving to the Supercenter a few miles away.

• Locked thread