Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

1. Maniac Cop (1988)

Total gem. The social commentary is probably more relevant today than the day it was filmed, and Robert Z'Dar is incredibly menacing as the titular Maniac Cop. Bruce Campbell kinda sucks in it but he wasn't really given much comedy to work with outside of throwing himself into things. I'm a big fan of the action setpieces near the end, more horror movies need car chases.

4 :spooky: / 5 :spooky:

2. Train to Busan (2016)

If you want a rote and moralistic zombie movie with a really novel setting and fantastic setpieces, Train to Busan is here for you. It's filmed really well and has a great color palette for a zombie movie, so it's worth checking out on that level, but don't get your hopes up going in.

2 :spooky: / 5 :spooky:

long-ass nips Diane fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Oct 3, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Lurdiak posted:

Yeah, it was included in the Sequel Stream of 2014. I've not seen part 3 but I've never heard a single good thing about it from fans of the first two, or anyone else in general.

Two is on the list.

I'm pretty sure that William Lustig totally disowned the third one for being terrible and made-by-committee, so I'm gonna skip it.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Wreath of Barbs posted:

4. Class of Nuke'em High (1986)
I've seen a ton of Troma films but I've somehow always overlooked this one. A nuclear power plant (and atomic :420:) cause a bunch of crazy poo poo in a local high school. It's Troma and it's a blast. And I'm still impressed with how well Troma did gross-out practical effects.
:spooky::spooky::spooky::spooky:/5

I find myself humming the theme song to this an awful lot.

• Locked thread