Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

------------------------------

THIS SUNDAY, SEPT. 25TH!

WWE Universal Championship Match
Kevin Owens(c) vs. Seth Rollins

WWE US Championship Match
Rusev(c) w/ Lana vs. Roman Reigns

WWE Raw Tag Team Championship Match
The New Day(c) vs. The Club

WWE Raw Women's Championship Match
Charlotte(c) w/ Dana Brooke vs. Sasha Banks vs. Bayley

Owens' Friendship Caused This Match
Sami Zayn vs. Chris Jericho

Best of Seven Final Match
Cesaro vs. Sheamus

WWE Cruiserweight Championship Match
TJ Perkins(c) vs. The Brian Kendrick

PPV Kick-Off Pre-Show Match
Nia Jax vs. Alicia Fox

SUNDAY, OCT. 9TH!

WWE World Championship Match
AJ Styles(c) vs. Dean Ambrose vs. John Cena

WWE Smackdown Women's Championship Match
Becky Lynch(c) vs. Alexa Bliss

WWE Smackdown Tag Team Championship Match
Beauty and the Manbeast(c) vs. The Usos

RAW RESULTS

Raw opened with Roman Reigns coming to the ring. He doesn't get to say anything before Stephanie McMahon and Mick Foley cut him off and come out. Foley says that he wanted no interference with the main event last week so tonight it will be Seth Rollins vs. Rusev. Roman asks what that has to do with him. Stephanie says he gets a US Title match against Rusev at Clash of Champions and tonight he gets a rematch with Kevin Owens. Owens comes out and complains that he has a Universal Championship match to prepare for this Sunday. Stephanie says thats right which is why the match tonight is non-title. Mick Foley says that it is however a cage match. Seth Rollins comes out for his match with Rusev next as he stares down Owens and Reigns.

Foley and Stephanie are bickering backstage with Stephanie saying that the cage match is risky. Foley says he demands respect. Rusev comes up and shouts at Foley about Roman getting another US title shot. Rusev says he did it to ruin the release of Lana's new movie with WWE Hall of Famer Edge as Lana props up the DVD. Rusev says that Foley is jealous of the Foley family because they all hate each other. Foley says something about how Rusev can say whatever he wants about his family but he's got a match right now.

Rusev vs. Seth Rollins goes to a double count out. They brawl up to the stage with Rollins shoving Rusev off the stage and then diving off the announce table onto Rusev.

Dana Brooke and Charlotte are back stage pointing out that both Sasha Banks and Bayley's shoulders were down in the match last week to crown a challenger for Charlotte. Dana says Foley should cancel their tag match against Sasha & Bayley and make Sasha and Bayley fight instead. Foley says Charlotte doesn't give Dana enough credit because she keeps coming up with good ideas. So at Clash of Champions it is Sasha Banks vs. Bayley vs. Charlotte for the Raw Women's Title. Charlotte shoves Dana to the ground in anger.

Teaser of The Brian Kendrick and Cederic Alexander debuting in the Cruiserweight division.

Chris Jericho and Kevin Owens were talking about how Foley is throwing around his weight and hates both of them since day one. Jericho says he's going to make list of things Foley is Awful at and he's not going to like....It.

A Hispanic Heritage video is played about Cesar Chavez.

Braun Strowman defeats Sin Cara in a Cruiserweight Showcase.

Sasha Banks is backstage stretching as Bayley walks up to her talking about how it'll be like old times. Sasha says she beat Bayley on Raw last night. Bayley and Sasha says they'll see who the better woman is at Clash of Champions.

Charlotte and Dana Brooke defeat Bayley and Sasha Banks when Sasha is too busy beating up Dana Brooke outside to save Bayley from getting pinned by Charlotte.

Seth Rollins walks into Stephanie's office before we go to commercial. When we come back Seth is waiting for Stephanie. He asks her why Triple H did what he did. Steph lists a bunch of reason. Steph says she still has no concrete idea why HHH did what he did. Seth says that if that's a lie then come Clash of Champions then Seth Rollins will be a vengeful evil champion that knows all of her tricks.

Bo Dallas does a stupid rhyme again and squashes jobber Gary Graham.

They hype up the Cruiserweight Division and the Raw debut of the first new WWE Cruiserweight Champion, TJ Perkins.

Cesaro defeats Sheamus in the Best of 7 to tie it up 3 to 3. Their final match is fore Clash of Champions.

Jericho bursts into Foley room. He has a List of Jericho of all the things he hates about Foley. He says Foley hated him day one and Foley says that's a lie because he saw Jericho vs. Ultimo Dragon in Japan years ago and suggested him to Paul Heyman. He doens't like him now though. Jericho asks if that was a swerve to talk about the Cruiserweight division. Foley keeps asking Jericho to repeat himself until Jericho asks if he's hard of hearing. Foley says yes, he's missing an ear you stupid idiot. Jericho marks down Stealing Catchphrases as a thing he hates about Foley. He marks down Terrible Fashion Sense as well. Foley says he'd take that to heart if it wasn't Jericho shirtless with a scarf and walks away. Jericho says it looks good in Luxembourg, Foley pops back in to say it still looks dumb in Memphis. Jericho marks down Uses Cheap Babyface Pop on his list. Jericho says he's going to read his list to the public.

Jericho is in the ring with his list. Item 1. He's driving a wedge between Owens and Jericho. Item 5. Foley has bad fashion sense. Jericho adds a fan to the list. Says everyone will go on his list just like Sami Zayn. Enzo and Cass interrupt Jericho. They say that Jericho and Owens aren't best friends because real friends wouldn't dress up like that. Jericho is writing in his list the whole time. Cass and Enzo list a bunch of real friends like themselves, beavis & butthead, etc. Jericho says none of those people exist. Shining Stars come out and tell Enzo and Cass they need to relax at their hotel. New Day come out because "they don't have anything better to do." The Club comes out and says this is all awful and is why they are taking the titles from New Day. They don't have time for booty cereal and youtube channels, catch phrase spewing dorks, or real estate scams because they want to fight. Jericho is leaving the ring scribbling furiously on his clipboard saying that the original list of Reason Mick Foley is Awful is scrapped, now its a List of Stupid Idiots and all of them are on it. Sami Zayn's music hits as he runs down the ramp and starts fighting with Jericho. He rolls Jericho into the ring to keep fighting and all the people in the ring join in, so I bet there is a 10 man tag after the commercial break or something.

Enzo, Cass, The New Day, and Sami Zayn defeat the Shining Stars, The Club and Chris Jericho in a Ten Man Tag.

Final hype video of the Cruiserweight division. This video teases Gran Metalik and Rich Swann. The Cruiserweight debut next.

Another Hispanic Heritage video for Eddie Guerrero is aired.

Foley is in the ring hyping up the Cruiserweights and stumbling over his lines. Mick Foley introduces Rich Swann, Gran Metalik, Cedric Alexander, and The Brian Kendrick. Foley announces its a Fatal Four Way and the winner gets to face TJ Perkins at Clash of Champions for the Cruiserweight Championship.

The Brian Kendrick defeated Cedric Alexander, Gran Metalik, and Rich Swann.

Roman Reigns defeated Kevin Owens in a cage match. Rusev attacked Reigns after the match and they brawled around the cage until Owens kicked the cage door into Roman's face. Rusev and Owens beat down Roman inside the cage. Seth Rollins comes to the rescue of Roman Reigns and dives off the top of the cage onto Rusev and Owens. All four men are down with Rollins struggling to his feat from his crazy dive to end the show.

SMACKDOWN RESULTS

Smackdown starts with Daniel Bryan in the ring ready for the WWE Smackdown Women's Championship atch contract signing. Bryan says he knows how contract signings go but he's going to keep everything under control. The crowd boos him saying things will stay civil which Bryan says that they shouldn't boo that! He introduces champion Becky Lynch first and tells her to be civil. She says that she has her thick skin. Then he calls out #1 contender Alexa Bliss. Bliss comments that her thick skin could be cleared up with some moisturizer. Becky says while Bliss is busy getting dolled up that Becky prepares for fight. Bliss says she doesn't get it, she's not playing her role right. Bliss says Becky's roll in life isn't a champion, her role is to be the lovable superstar that tries real hard but always fails. Becky says Bliss is right she isn't supposed to be champion in life. She was meant to live by the road in the country in Dublin, working a dead end job that earns her no money. However when people on TV said you can live your dreams and be what ever you want, she wanted to be champion real bad and now she is. Becky says if Bliss thinks at No Mercy she's going to take that title from her then she's dead wrong because Becky will rip her head off. Bliss pretends like that was a moving speech but says she was born to be a champion unlike Becky and at No Mercy she'll prove that Becky is a one hit wonder. Bliss hits Becky with the clipboard before signing it and then flips the table onto Becky before she tries to leave the ring. Becky however chases her up the ramp and hits her a few times before Bliss runs off. Becky signs the contract making the match official for No Mercy.

Daniel Bryan is walking backstage as Miz comes up to him. Miz says they need to talk. Bryan plays dumb and says about what? He asks Miz if it was his new contract, and Miz says no. Bryan asks if it's about the title match tonight, Miz says it is. Bryan says if that's the case he can just cancel it. Miz is relived that Bryan is on his side finally and goes to walk away until Bryan stops him. He says that Miz must not have read his contract because it says he has to defend his title whenever Bryan says so now and if not the contract is void. Miz is furious.

The Usos defeat American Alpha to become Number 1 Contenders for the Smackdown Tag Team Titles. Usos worked over Gable's leg most the match so they could single out Jordan after he tagged out.

Heath Slater & Rhyno were watching in the back eating cheese and crackers. They are apparently called Beauty and the Man Beast now. Heath says he's gonna try hard to get the crowd behind them more. Rhyno agrees until Heath says his idea is to steal the Usos' old entrance thing. When Heath says "Rhy" the crowd says "No!" Heath asks Rhyno to try it out and Rhyno just says no. The Usos must have sprint to the back because they are out of breathe. They try name calling Heath and Rhyno Ugly and the Wildebeast. They tell Heath they want those tiles because they got cheated having to have two matches in one night. They say they want those titles or they will take out their legs and send them back to their mudhole with their 25 rag tag kids. They even threaten to slap the crackers out of Rhyno's hands he tells them to leave his saltines alone. The Usos step up to Heath and Rhyno gets in between crushing his crackers in his hands. The Usos laugh and back off.

Jack Swagger is on commentary as Apollo Crews comes to the ring with a dead serious look on his face. It's Crews vs. Baron Corbin in a rematch from last week when Corbin jumped him.

Corbin beats Crews and then gets in Swagger's face before leaving.

Curt Hawkins has another awful promo segment this time he's using stupid voices along with dumb poses.

Naomi and Nikki Bella are interviewed backstage about the women's division on Smackdown. Naomi talks about what the "glow" means. Says its about having positive attitude and the desire to keep fighting back, just like Nikki. They call out Natalya and Carmella each as they apparently have a tag match tonight.

Renee Young interviews Dolph Ziggler backstage saying what he's going to do tonight. Ziggler's promo is awful and I didn't pay attention to it. Dolph talks about desperation or something. The Intercontinental championship match is next.

Miz defeats Dolph Ziggler in a solid match to retain his IC Title. Maryse was ejected from ringside trying to spray Ziggler in the eyes again and dropped it outside the ring. At one point Miz tried escaping with his title only for Ziggler to beat him down outside the ring. Ziggler rolled him in and Miz tossed his title across the ring distracting the referee. During that Miz picked up the spray and got Ziggler in the eyes before hitting him with a Skull Crushing Finale to win.

Randy Orton defeats Erick Rowan. Rowan has a new sheep mask with clown paint. Wyatt's promo as Bray brings up how Orton is a human and can die any time while he is a God and a God can not be killed.

Naomi and Nikki Bella defeat Carmella and Natalya by DQ when Nattie and Carmella jump them before the match really starts. Nattie goes to put Nikki in a sharp shooter but Carmella drags out Nikki and keeps assaulting her outside the ring for the DQ. Naomi takes out Nattie and scares off Carmella.

AJ Stlyes is polishing his belt backstage when he is interviewed about his rivals John Cena vs. Dean Ambrose wrestling tonight. AJ says he has no rivals because he already beat Cena and Ambrose. He says its not fair that the Phenomenal one has to wrestle a triple threat against both and risk losing his title even if he's not pinned.

Dean Ambrose defeated John Cena clean reversing the AA into a victory roll. AJ Styles attacks Cena and Ambrose after the match. Daniel Bryan comes out and announces that next week it will be Ambrose vs Styles in Ambrose's title rematch. AJ goes to attack Dean again but gets laid out with Dirty Deeds to end Smackdown.

KungFu Grip fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Sep 21, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Stupid

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
roman reigns

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Roman is a winner and Seth just wanted to get on board for once

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Intruder posted:

Roman is a winner and Seth just wanted to get on board for once

its about time

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Face Seth rules, the Cruiserweight stuff ruled, Clash of Champions is actually a really good card, I like wrestling.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Roman Reigns is the worst. I can't wait until he gets "it"

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Waiting all day for that rating

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Chris James 2 posted:

Waiting all day for that rating

Find more in life

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Clipboards are becoming the most over prop in WWE since the table.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
I can't believe I got suckered into watching 90% of that show

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

I would kill to never have to hear "They know each other so well" again

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Find more in life

WOAH

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Watched wrestling all the way through. End Roman's reign. He is dumb.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

KungFu Grip posted:

Roman Reigns defeated Kevin Owens in a cage match. Rusev attacked Reigns after the match and they brawled around the cage until Owens kicked the cage door into Roman's face. Rusev and Owens beat down Roman inside the cage. Seth Rollins comes to the rescue of Roman Reigns and dives off the top of the cage onto Rusev and Owens. All four men are down with Rollins struggling to his feat from his crazy dive to end the show.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
7 hours plus of the Raw brand between Sunday and next Monday

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

I thought having the cruiser weights might elevate RAW but they changed Metaliks music proving once again that RAW is the b-show and can't do loving anything right

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I was watching the beginning of RAW and as soon as Stephanie's music played I couldn't switch it to MNF fast enough

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Tato posted:

Roman Reigns is the worst. I can't wait until he gets "it"

The Universal Title?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

This thread should be made after the true A show, SmackDown LIVE!

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

my favorite part of the wwe every week is heath slater and rhyno

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

I like the champion image getting bigger and bigger each week

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULF5oQaG2-o

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Since Dean is stuck on Smackdown I hope they make Goldust the new third member of the shield

sierra hotel india echo lima delta *loooong inhale* shield

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Those two Jericho segments sound amazing

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Grozz Nuy posted:

I can't believe I got suckered into watching 90% of that show

I gave up about halfway through and started playing video games instead of paying attention, and I think it was a good decision

the cruiserweight thingie was pretty cool, though

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011
i'm still upset jericho didn't have armbar on his list

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Jerusalem posted:

Those two Jericho segments sound amazing

I'm not sure I've ever enjoyed Jericho more than I do in this current run.

Edit: Also Cedric Alexander is the no-brainer breakout star of the cruiserweight division if you ask me. Guy is phenomenal and a pretty good promo as well.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

how was the cruiserweight stuff?

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Cruiserweights? More like cruiserwaiting for the third hour.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

It was worth the wait though.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

the brian kendrick won

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

Good as Hell. With hype stuff, probably got around 40 minutes too.

Am I the only one who thinks this theme for No Mercy is pretty awesome? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVVkMCYW-ww

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Was TJ Perkins actually not on the show

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

I want to talk about Bo Dallas.

I feel his "rhyming while talking" thing is because he owned Flo-Rida in a rap battle when he was supposed to lose. And Vince thinks rapping is just talking in rhymes over music.

The serious monster heel thing with the squashes is because Creative literally doesn't get what was cool about his initial streak, and are recreating it, but played seriously and thus ruining it. (Heel goes on an unbeaten run against jobbers, tells people to BOlieve.)

I don't like it. Any of it.

I loved goofy Bo. The Heel that thought he was a face. The guy preaching positivity and niceness that would get the poo poo kicked ou t of him by the upper card faces and booed for suggesting people be good. The happy member of the Social Outcasts. Heath Slater's friend.

It's neither the first nor the worst instance of it, but this is the WWE taking something I liked, and presenting it to me in a way they think I should want, but in the process, removing all joy from it entirely.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Grozz Nuy posted:

I can't believe I got suckered into watching 100% of that show

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Am I the only one who thinks this theme for No Mercy is pretty awesome? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVVkMCYW-ww
It's a lot better than the crap they usually go with

Rogue Copter Pilot
Apr 12, 2005

a dead whale or a stove boat

Ostentatious posted:

the brian kendrick won

they renamed his finisher the Captain's Hook and you know what just give him paul birchall's gimmick, swinging in on a rope, incestous sister, everything

Rogue Copter Pilot fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Sep 20, 2016

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Y'know what, this was a pretty decent Raw! Having the Cruiserweights stopped the third hour from sagging, there weren't any overly stupid segments, there were a couple very decent matches. This is probably the best Raw they've put on in months thanks to the Cruiserweights finally showing up to eat some time.

And then the champ lost clean on a go home show before the PPV in a pointless match with no stakes after his finisher only got a two count.

It's like they're trying to piss everybody off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

BrigadierSensible posted:

I want to talk about Bo Dallas.

I feel his "rhyming while talking" thing is because he owned Flo-Rida in a rap battle when he was supposed to lose. And Vince thinks rapping is just talking in rhymes over music.

The serious monster heel thing with the squashes is because Creative literally doesn't get what was cool about his initial streak, and are recreating it, but played seriously and thus ruining it. (Heel goes on an unbeaten run against jobbers, tells people to BOlieve.)

I don't like it. Any of it.

I loved goofy Bo. The Heel that thought he was a face. The guy preaching positivity and niceness that would get the poo poo kicked ou t of him by the upper card faces and booed for suggesting people be good. The happy member of the Social Outcasts. Heath Slater's friend.

It's neither the first nor the worst instance of it, but this is the WWE taking something I liked, and presenting it to me in a way they think I should want, but in the process, removing all joy from it entirely.

The biggest issue I have is the fact that Raw already has two jobber squashing monster heels, but of which look way more intimidating than Bo

• Locked thread