Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

ParanoidInc posted:

KO has proven he can look like a real goddamn killer

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
WELCOME TO THIS POST, LIVE, TONIGHT, IN ROWDY RINGSPORTS

I think Foley would be fine, except they send him out-

We're right here, in ROWDY RINGSPORTS, for this post!

constantly, to put over random things that are stu-

And now, we're in...*shuffles cards*...we're in...THE MIDDLE OF THE POST, RIGHT HERE, IN ROWDY RINGSPORTS! Tonight, RIGHT HERE, IN ROWDY RINGSPORTS, we're going to have a post!

pid, or make no sense. His babyface character seems like a complete lapdog chump to Stephanie, because they're not real

AND We're coming to the beginnin....conclusion! Conclusion of this post, right here, in ROWDY RINGSPORTS!

ly expanding on the 'Mick holds out hope that Steph is a good person' storyline, and instead he just seems dumb as hell. And then he makes stupid matches like Rollins/Rusev as some big punishm

SEE YOU NEXT POST, RIGHT HERE, IN ROWDY RINGSPORTS

ent, and he's just out there all the loving time saying the same poo poo over and over when the last thing WWE needed after the authority was a MORE everpresent commish

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Marquis de Pyro posted:

I grew up watching wrestling in the age of Yokozuna, Mabel, King Kong Bundy, Bastian Booger, late career Vader, and so on. So Kevin Owens seems like a loving midget

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Senerio posted:

That depends, do you count now until Survivor Series as a "long" time?

At SS Owens's reign will be 84 times longer than any other Universal championship reign before which sounds pretty long to me!

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Owens IMO is the least interesting people from Nxt and i havent watched his indy work but the booking is destroying his reign as champ.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Owens is a thousand times more interesting than vanilla guy Finn Balor

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I've been watching a lot of al snow shoot videos on YouTube recently and man he might be the biggest blowhard in wrestling history. All he talks about is how the best matches are only the ones that make money and I'm pretty sure he never drew a dime. At least Nash made money.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

push those beds together imo

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Alain Post posted:

Owens is a thousand times more interesting than vanilla guy Finn Balor

Or Sami Zayn

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Basic Chunnel posted:

Vue doesn't count as cable provision per USA's stream requirements.

That's weird, I've been using Vue as my USA stream login for the last four or five months. Must be a location thing :shrug:

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Since returning to wrestling Owens has been by far my favourite. He does everything well and cares so much about the little details. I find him so good on the mic and in the ring. He's put on some of the best matches this year and all his segments with Jericho have been amazing.
The title run so far hasn't been what I wanted but that's mostly because the story line of Folley trying to get the belt off him is pretty poo poo and especially doesn't work when the guy they want to give it to is Roman.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Hahaha are people now saying that Owens, Sami, and Finn are bad?

Holy poo poo.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

MATCHKA SOMETHING!!!

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Codependent Poster posted:

Hahaha are people now saying that Owens, Sami, and Finn are bad?

Holy poo poo.

This forum is bad.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I try to respect people's tastes as their own or whatever but if you think Zayn, Balor and Owens are all bad, booking aside, you are a complete loving idiot.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I love Zayn and Owens but Finn is the most vanilla motherfucker imaginable. I have no idea what anyone sees in him. Telling that for a big part of his NXT reign, the tag teams were basically headlining.

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

When the drug test comes back positive for performance enhancing drugs.
Mick in the role of a babyface screwing over a heel Kevin Owens doesn't make a lot of sense, because despite being a heel, Kevin hasn't actually done anything wrong. He's said mean things that have hurt people's feelings, but as far as we know, Kevin did not know Triple H was coming in to hand him the belt, and he hasn't cheated to win any matches in recent memory. The distractions from last week were unprovoked by Kevin, and while he did take the opportunity to use Rusev's distraction to get a pin, I can't think of a babyface on the roster who wouldn't do the same thing.

Kevin Owens has done nothing wrong and is getting pushed down by Mick Foley, a guy who is motivated by revenge because someone that was not Kevin Owens undermined him and ruined his big fatal fourway match. Why the gently caress am I supposed to hate Kevin Owens again?

Vaguido fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Sep 20, 2016

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

i like owens a lot. i hate zayn and balors characters and entrances but you cant say they are bad wrestlers

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Efexeye posted:

i like owens a lot. i hate zayn and balors characters and entrances but you cant say they are bad wrestlers

There were people in this forum who said Finn wasn't even having good matches in Japan which is insane to me.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

sportsgenius86 posted:

I try to respect people's tastes as their own or whatever but if you think Zayn, Balor and Owens are all bad, booking aside, you are a complete loving idiot.

The Miz is better.

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
Sorry, but Owens is bad.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11nC83_JIyI

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Everything's better when you admit it's bad. Only then are you free

Kane and Chuck Palumbo are my favorite wrestlers, and they ain't ever winning Technician or Indy wrestler of the year

Good thing too because technician Daniel Bryan and Indy wrestlers Everyone are injured and dead and never coming back while Kane still gets PPV matches :getin:

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kevin Owens is a fat stripper?

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I hope Asuka, Joe, Balor, Owens, Zayn, Cesaro and Nakamura end up on Smackdown. And Asuka wins some kind of tournament where she gets to challenge for a title and says she wants the WWE.

I've been looking at some of her matches and she's just too much for the women. Very fast and she would need to slow down to make them look better and I don't think many of them know how to sell for her.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Kevin Owens is a good wrestler that wrestles good matches but his booking could turn this title reign into a garbage fire.

Kevin Owens as NXT champ was the right way, an opportunistic violent shithead, potentially capable of winning legit but always looking for a shortcut, with a mean streak that implied you might be in real danger for fighting him. He won the NXT title by trying to murder his former best friend until the ref ruled it a TKO to save the man's life.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Basically it all boils down to Folley's character not making any sense and generally sucking. The only good moments he's had is when Jericho is ripping on him

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

DoctorGonzo posted:

Kevin Owens is a fat stripper?

No, the fat stripper is a good worker. The fat stripper makes you believe. Owens isn't quite up to that level. He's just fat.

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

When the drug test comes back positive for performance enhancing drugs.
Kevin Owens violently beating Seth until they have to stop the match at Clash of Champions would be cool. I'm sure they can do that angle without using shoot elbows to the head.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Kevin Owens Sami Zayn and Finn Balor are good. Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn are very very good

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!
RAW definitely feels directionless since Steph and Foley are kind of in limbo and Hunter is looming over everything.

I mean there's a ton of problems with RAW and that's just a small part.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Vaguido posted:

Kevin Owens violently beating Seth until they have to stop the match at Clash of Champions would be cool. I'm sure they can do that angle without using shoot elbows to the head.
They should do this if they really want to cement Seth as a face, but it'll probably be a dumb gently caress-finish involving Reigns.

FUCKFACE MORON fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Sep 20, 2016

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Alain Post posted:

gently caress you

lol says the dude in love with fat and completely out of shape reigns

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Super Ninja Fish posted:

The problem with Owens isn't his weight. The problem is best summed up with the "You deserve it!" chants when he won the title. People don't care about him as a heel character. When the Rock won his title for the first time, people weren't happy for him and chanting "You deserve it." When Jericho won the title in 2008, people weren't happy even though usually everyone loves Jericho. He was such a great heel that people were able to suspend disbelief.

it's not even Owens fault, until the last three minutes of last night there was no de facto babyface to cheer against him

SpiritOfSanDimas
Oct 31, 2012

Its no-money-drawing indie geeks as far as the eye can see until Matt "Yoked Spicoli" Riddle comes to save the business

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
TJ Perkins should probably change his Twitter handle

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Vaguido posted:

Kevin Owens has done nothing wrong and is getting pushed down by Mick Foley, a guy who is motivated by revenge because someone that was not Kevin Owens undermined him and ruined his big fatal fourway match. Why the gently caress am I supposed to hate Kevin Owens again?
You're thinking too hard about it. It's WWE Sports Entertainment®, not professional wrestling. The basic rules of storytelling & character development do not apply anymore.

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

Raskolnikov38 posted:

it's not even Owens fault, until the last three minutes of last night there was no de facto babyface to cheer against him

I was watching some Austin 96 on the network. When Austin got cheers, he got on a mic and said something like "What the hell are you so happy about? You didn't do anything for me. I don't give a rat's rear end about any of you!"

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Interacting with the crowd is frowned upon nowadays

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

DeathChicken posted:

Interacting with the crowd is frowned upon nowadays

PG adlibbing is too hard for people to do nowadays too

• Locked thread