Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will There Be a Perfect Team This Season?
Yes, Both 19-0 and 0-16
Yes, but only 19-0
Yes, but only 0-16
lol no
View Results

• Locked thread
Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Also the Colts top 5 CB's are injured with Vontae Davis being legit good last year. Get them healthy and that's the kind of team Andrew Luck can drag kicking and screaming to half a dozen wins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Kalli posted:

Also the Colts top 5 CB's are injured with Vontae Davis being legit good last year. Get them healthy and that's the kind of team Andrew Luck can drag kicking and screaming to half a dozen wins.

That's a really big ask there considering all our CB had to do was slowly walk 20 yards into the endzone untouched for a touchdown....and he got injured while doing it.

Phyein
Jun 19, 2009

~Sucka Tried To Play Me
But You Never Paid Me, Never, Oh No You Didn't~
~Pay Back Is A Comin, You Will Be Runnin Forever~

Athanatos posted:

That's a really big ask there considering all our CB had to do was slowly walk 20 yards into the endzone untouched for a touchdown....and he got injured while doing it.

Dee Milliner is on the Colts now?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

If the Texans get past the Broncos in week 7 there's a real chance they go undefeated :getin:

Two of their big test games became a whole lot easier in the Patriots and Vikings (though they could still blow either), leaving only really the Bengals, Broncos and Packers as their major tests. They could still lose to the Colts or Raiders for sure, but those two teams are a step below the other three if Rodgers gets right, especially with the game in Lambeau in December

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Intruder posted:

If the Texans get past the Broncos in week 7 there's a real chance they go undefeated :getin:

Two of their big test games became a whole lot easier in the Patriots and Vikings (though they could still blow either), leaving only really the Bengals, Broncos and Packers as their major tests. They could still lose to the Colts or Raiders for sure, but those two teams are a step below the other three if Rodgers gets right, especially with the game in Lambeau in December

I think Irving jinxed y'all for tonight.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Who's Irving? :v:

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
He's referring to Kyrie of course

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

:eng99:

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Kalli posted:

This would imply that Luck is a good quarterback though, which he isn't

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Intruder posted:

lol

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Welp

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
The 2016 Browns have to be the best odds on favorite for 0 and 16 in years and years and years.

I'm going to pick against the Browns and Eliminator most weeks this year I think.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

That's one positive I can actually say about the 2016 Cleveland Browns: if they don't go 0-16 this year, they never will go 0-16

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Intruder posted:

The Texans don't really have a losable game until week 7

Come at me

Intruder posted:

Hey

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Never again shall I be bullish on the Houston Texans

Can someone photoshop a crying Jordan over JJ's face in my av

Intruder fucked around with this message at 08:15 on Sep 23, 2016

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

CANNIBAL GIRLS posted:

I think Irving jinxed y'all for tonight.

The Irving jinx is real.

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms

Intruder posted:

Never again shall I be bullish on the Houston Texans

Can someone photoshop a crying Jordan over JJ's face in my av

My photoshop skills are pretty bleh but I remain unemployed so here we go.

I was gonna try and cut the helmet out and put it over the face and have the yellow streaks come out of Jordan's eyes, but then it doesn't really read as Crying Jordan anymore.

This one is probably the best; though the head is out of proportion to the original, it sort of matches the cartoony size of the rest.

I tried to take #2 and posterize it, and then take some of the colors from the original to make them match ones in the photo, mostly the dark shadow on the side of his face. It looks a bit more like it should be there, but I dunno if I think if this is better or worse.

And this one is just :effort: as gently caress if that's the aesthetic you're going for.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

Athanatos posted:

The ghost of Nick Harper attacked

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
e:wrong thread

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Magnetic North posted:

This one is probably the best; though the head is out of proportion to the original, it sort of matches the cartoony size of the rest.

Agreed. I will use this one, thanks

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Intruder posted:

Agreed. I will use this one, thanks

but the future refused to change...

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

I would not be surprised if the Vikings lose this week - They've lost their starting QB, Starting LT and a HOF level Running back. HOWEVER... The replacement QB is doing just fine and might have a stronger arm, the LT has had injury issues every year past his first and the HOF running back has been frustrated by defenses selling out to stop him. All this means that the offense might stutter less and McKinnon might have more yards than AD would

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
WEEK 3 UPDATE

Congrats if you made it this far. You now get a pretty helmet next to your team name.

19-0 Contenders

Denver Broncos

Next Opponent: @Buccs

Baltimore Ravens

Next Opponent: Raiders

New England Patriots

Next Opponent: Bills

Minnesota Vikings

Next Opponent: Giants

Philadelphia Eagles

Next Opponent: Bye

0-16 Contenders

Cleveland Browns

Next Opponent: @Washington

Jacksonville Jaguars

Next Opponent: Colts (London)

Chicago Bears

Next Opponent: Lions

New Orleans Saints

Next Opponent: Falcons (Week 3 MNF)

Eliminated from the 19-0 Race

Houston Texans - Utterly humiliated in Week 3 by the New England Patriots
Pittsburgh Steelers - Got beaten so bad by the Philadelphia Eagles that Arnold Palmer died
New York Giants - Lost to Washington after a clownball NFC East Divisional Game

Eliminated from the 0-16 Race

Miami Dolphins - They almost screwed it up, but they managed to defeat fellow 0-16 contender the Cleveland Browns
Buffalo Bills - Upset the Arizona Cardinals and made Carson Palmer look really, really bad
Indianapolis Colts - It took some late game shenanigans but they manged to defeat the San Diego Chargers
Washington Redskins - Defeated the New York Giants after a clownball NFC East Divisional Game

Week 4 19-0 Chase Commentary

We have 3 19-0 contenders eliminated this week, leaving 5 behind. With the Eagles on bye the next week we are guaranteed to make it to at least Week 5 with one undefeated team. Of the 4 active teams this week, 3 are playing at home and there's only 1 divisional game (Bills@Pats), so I think it's pretty likely we get at least one survivor in addition to the Eagles. An interesting note: had the Giants won their game the Giants/Vikings game would be an undefeated match-up.

Upcoming Games:

Giants @ Vikings
Bills @ Patriots
Raiders @ Ravens
Broncos @ Buccs

Week 4 0-16 Chase Commentary

We have 4 0-16 contenders eliminated this week, pending results of the Falcons/Saints game, leaving 3 or 4 behind depending on the Saints outcome (update: the Saints lost). The Browns best shot at a win before it starts snowing was probably this past week, and the only other games on their schedule that might be winnable are the Titans and Jets games. Consider the Browns our most likely 0-16 candidate. The Jaguars and Colts are in London so who knows what'll happen there and NFC North divisional games can always be a bit weird, plus the Lions have looked really anemic as of late.

Upcoming Games:

Browns @ Washington
Colts @ Jaguars (LONDON)
Lions @ Bears
Saints @ Chargers

axeil fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Sep 27, 2016

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

yeeah kick those lovely rear end Steelers outta this thing

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Browns gonna be in this at least until the Titans game. If they still lose that, I think they go all the way

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I think the Saints beat the Chargers, but the other 3 0-16 candidates should remain strong

I also expect the Saints to beat the Falcons though

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
So as there are fewer and fewer teams left I'll try to do longer write-ups for all the remaining contenders rather than my generic overall one I'm doing now. When you still have almost 10 teams in the hunt it's gonna get cluttered if I write a few sentences for each team. If anyone else has good detailed write-ups about what's upcoming for each team I can add them to the weekly update/OP.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
The Vikings always loving suck in MNF games, and I'm thinking it's the perfect stage for them to get lit the gently caress up.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Dubious posted:

The Vikings always loving suck in MNF games, and I'm thinking it's the perfect stage for them to get lit the gently caress up.

The Vikings also always suck, but now Zim coaches them. It's a new era.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Hail Satan

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Dubious posted:

True but they're also playing Eli Manning who plays like poo poo versus the Vikings as penance to the football gods for cheating in the 2001 NFC Championship.

Plus it's MNF vs New York. How bad could that kind of game really go?

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Ravens are going to be the undefeated team that holds out the longest and then go 8-8.

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

everyone who is high on the vikings please stop. oh god. do you not realize what is happening???

WE ARE ALL DOOMED

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Bug Jug knows what's up.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
I was really kind of rooting for my team to go 0-16. Burn it all down :smith:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

The Chargers were getting pressure on Luck with a 4 man rush in that final Colts drive for the first three plays, while still being able to cover, so of course they send the house on 4th down while the secondary drops back about 5 yards beyond the marker and gives up the easy as pie first down

Fire the coaches

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
Philly sports radio right now:

:downs: : "I just don't see them losing another game"
:allears: : "How many wins did you have them at before the season started?"
:downs: : "4"

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Intruder posted:

The Chargers were getting pressure on Luck with a 4 man rush in that final Colts drive for the first three plays, while still being able to cover, so of course they send the house on 4th down while the secondary drops back about 5 yards beyond the marker and gives up the easy as pie first down

Fire the coaches

Verrett also didn't account for Hilton going in motion on that 4th down

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

BUG JUG posted:

everyone who is high on the vikings please stop. oh god. do you not realize what is happening???

WE ARE ALL DOOMED

Zim is going to gently caress the league up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
Saints lost so the tables have been updated accordingly.

• Locked thread