Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vdate
Oct 25, 2010
This is probably an unreasonable request, but since it's also probably the only way 98% of us will ever experience it, I'd like to request an LP of the Xbox game Steel Battalion. Yes, the one with the $150 controller and the $50 game. It was probably a stupid idea to do, but dammit, it was an interestingly stupid idea, and frankly I'm kind of interested in the kind of VOTOMS-cockpit controller calisthenics you gotta do to make your fighting robot fight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lacedaemonius
Jan 18, 2015

Rub a dub dub

vdate posted:

This is probably an unreasonable request, but since it's also probably the only way 98% of us will ever experience it, I'd like to request an LP of the Xbox game Steel Battalion. Yes, the one with the $150 controller and the $50 game. It was probably a stupid idea to do, but dammit, it was an interestingly stupid idea, and frankly I'm kind of interested in the kind of VOTOMS-cockpit controller calisthenics you gotta do to make your fighting robot fight.

It's not 1:1, but you can get a lot of the same from the old mechwarriors, and all those require is a 20$ joystick

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
I'd love to see Eternal Eyes for the PS1.

DSPaul
Jun 29, 2006

I are an intellekshool.
After BlackWombat's great LP of Sunless Sea, I'd really like to see one of Zubmariner.

Koorisch
Mar 29, 2009
I'd like to request an LP of Blackguards, the D&D-like game(s) from the Dark Eye series.

Highwang
Nov 7, 2013

No Pineapple?
No Thank You!

EricFate posted:

After watching Highwang suffer through 'Alone in the Dark 2008' on Twitch, I truly hope that the experience compels him to do a full LP of the product.

That stream was already a 100% run and I regret everything. Besides, if all my plans work then another group should be handling just a normal run of it.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
Can we get a Conker's Bad Fur Day LP? There's one mentioned in the master list but it's six years old and all on blip, not archived, so yeah, I imagine it's all gone now.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I'll give Republique one extension.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

I'd enjoy an LP of Axiom Verge, the best 2015 Metroidvania (sorry, Environmental Station Alpha).

A 100% run would be appreciated.

Breadmaster
Jun 14, 2010

Bellmaker posted:

I'd enjoy an LP of Axiom Verge, the best 2015 Metroidvania (sorry, Environmental Station Alpha).

Jeff and David did an LP of that not too long ago, but I don't think they ever posted it here in the subforum.

Highwang
Nov 7, 2013

No Pineapple?
No Thank You!

Bellmaker posted:

AccountingNightmare did a stream of it under those standards.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Filing a request for The Escapists because I am incredibly bad at it and want to see how you're supposed to get out of that stupid prison. :saddowns:

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
Dungeons and Dragons: Shadows over Mystara.

As far as I know, it has never been successfully LP'd in video form here. It's one of the greatest side-scrolling beat'em ups ever and with surprising depths, also been remade in HD a few years ago.

Wiffle
Jan 5, 2014
A screenshot lp of Trillion: God of Destruction would be nice.

It has an interesting concept but it's quite unlikely that idea factory could make a good game, maybe those expectations will be reversed?

GoneRampant
Aug 19, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I might end up doing it myself if/when I learn how to use Screenshot tech, but until then, could I request any of the Shadowrun games by Harebrained Schemes?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

GoneRampant posted:

I might end up doing it myself if/when I learn how to use Screenshot tech, but until then, could I request any of the Shadowrun games by Harebrained Schemes?

Do you have a specific one in mind?

GoneRampant
Aug 19, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

nine-gear crow posted:

Do you have a specific one in mind?

Not particularly, I enjoy all three. At a stretch, I'm gonna say Dragonfall since I think it's the best of the lot.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

Wiffle posted:

A screenshot lp of Trillion: God of Destruction would be nice.

It has an interesting concept but it's quite unlikely that idea factory could make a good game, maybe those expectations will be reversed?

Seconding this but first I have to say something. Idea Factory made tons of great games, its compile heart, their child company that makes the extremely questionable quality games that somehow got really popular and then took over their parent company or something. The Neverland Series is almost as inclusive as Suikoden, but with a ton more games.

I'd also like to request Infinite Space for the DS, I've heard about this game in so many places over the years but I just cant play it myself, so I'd like to see the hubbub.

I'll reactivate the PSP Persona too.

And if theres anyone that adores let's playing terrible games precisely because theyre terrible, I'd like to request a SSLP for Magna Carta on PS2, let me explain the gameplay just so you can understand. You have to fill an ATB, choose a single character to use with that atb while the enemies can just all attack you, then input a combo, and if you mess up at all your move just plain fails, healing included. Its a drat nightmare and quite possibly the worst gameplay in existence.

MythosDragon fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Dec 7, 2016

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Male....Female...what does it matter? Power is beautiful, and I've got the power!
Grimey Drawer
A screenshot LP of The Journeyman Project Trilogy would be fun, especially from someone with a historical bent. It's an old PC series, and the Mac update of the first one was done a while back.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.
I'd like to request Jet Force Gemini. Either the N64 or Rare Replay version are fine. The current one on the archive only eixsts on Viddler, Blip, and Archive.org. Also at least one of the videos in it has a bunch of clips from MLPFIM spliced in.

So, y'know, I'd really prefer the next one to not have that.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I'd like to request Geist on the Gamecube. I remember watching an LP of it on the forums before it died after leaving us on a cliffhanger.

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
Since the first Tomba game's already on the list, I'd like to see an LP of the Tomba 2 and I don't mean that crappy fangame RJWaters did a playthrough on.

I'd also like to see Threads of Fate since that's a RPG that gets no love and it makes me sad.

Ben Carsons Ghost
Oct 27, 2007

Seems like a longshot, but there's a lot of charm to be found in Ephemeral Phantasia. Also a lot of frustrating mechanics and horrible camerawork. There's a good walkthrough on GameFAQs to help anyone that wants to try it.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

I'd like to see a subtitled video LP of Deadly Tower of Monsters,maybe with occasional trivia on the old-rear end monster movies the game is inspired by? If that game's already on the list,I'd also like to see a (competent) LP of Brigador.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

My Horse Prince is a game about dating a horse with a human face. It's probably not as good as Hatoful Boyfriend, but could be interesting.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
I realize the tech capabilities necessary for it are a little on the high side, but I think... I think wanna see Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

The White Dragon posted:

I realize the tech capabilities necessary for it are a little on the high side, but I think... I think wanna see Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance

Kingdom Hearts (ugh) 2.8 HD will be coming out soon on PS4 which has the HD re-release of Dream Drop Distance. I don't think they've talked about how they're handling some of the more 3DS gimmicky features yet but it should be close enough.

Much easier to record from though.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

I'll bump that request if it can be a SSLP. I really want to refresh on the story for 3 but I honestly dont enjoy the gameplay of any of the spinoffs so I'm not playing myself and I in no way have the patience to sit still and do nothing long enough for a VLP, shame my request for a SSLP of the entire series failed.

Skypizza
Dec 19, 2015

Geek

ultrafilter posted:

My Horse Prince is a game about dating a horse with a human face. It's probably not as good as Hatoful Boyfriend, but could be interesting.

I needed something to get me back to LP's, guess I found my calling, thanks Japan (assuming its a japanese studio, otherwise call me an ignorant horse)
I know its better to do this as a SSLP but screw it, amma VLP this bad boy.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I'll request some sort of American football game (Madden, Tecmo Super Bowl, whatever) where the LPer basically teaches the basics and what-not of the sport and maybe goes into history and the going-ons of the current season or whatever. Basically an excuse to show off football to people to those who have little-to-no exposure or knowledge to the sport.

Honestly you could do something similar for any sport with the right video games, so consider this a request for introducing various sports to the LP community.

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

Mega64 posted:

I'll request some sort of American football game (Madden, Tecmo Super Bowl, whatever) where the LPer basically teaches the basics and what-not of the sport and maybe goes into history and the going-ons of the current season or whatever. Basically an excuse to show off football to people to those who have little-to-no exposure or knowledge to the sport.

Honestly you could do something similar for any sport with the right video games, so consider this a request for introducing various sports to the LP community.

That would be a pretty good LP megathread if people who know different sports work on their respective game.

Also, I'd like to request Final Fantasy Type-0, since I want to see a bit more of Tabata's works.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Mega64 posted:

I flirted with the idea of doing a "Discount Breaking Madden"-style LP over the summer (even bought a cheap copy of Madden 16 to do it). So yeah I would say that's a good request. I wouldn't mind seeing someone take it in the opposite direction and just go full John Bois on a game: engineer scenarios within its engine that cause it to fly off the rails in hilarious ways purely for comedy purposes.

Koorisch
Mar 29, 2009
Mind adding Warzone 2100 on the list again?

Been waiting someone to pick it up for about four years by now. :sigh:

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Could i request Star Wars:Empire At War, please? I've gotten a hankering for Star Warsy goodness .

DropsySufferer
Nov 9, 2008

Impractical practicality
I'd like to request Any game from The Romance of Three Kingdoms Series. I would almost want to do this myself in screenshot format but it would take me a year to do it and I don't know enough about Chinese history do it justice. Also the playstation games aren't friendly on the emulator.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Have another request, this time for Contact, a rather weird and clever DS game that's pretty different from pretty much any other game I've played.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
please archive anilEhilated's lp of legendary because the other one is broken

Junior Jr.
Oct 4, 2014

by sebmojo
Buglord
Right now I'm checking out Fiendly's Twisted Metal Black LP...because it's the only LP that's ever covered a TM game.

I'd love to see one covering the 2012 reboot, there are many reasons why I think this should happen but the main ones I'm focusing on are the story development of the game (David Jaffe posted all the rough cut footage of how the story was supposed to be planned out, before it got rushed by Sony), the censorship differences between the American and European releases, and the honest-to-god broken game mechanics. I've beaten the game once and never wanted to do it again, because the AI difficulty was stupidly high, even on Normal, and a couple of game modes and maps were just a pain in the rear end.

If anyone's willing to give this one a shot and try to earn all the trophies too, that'd be great.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Please, somebody do a VLP of Ghost Squad.
It's a rail shooter for the Wee (originally an AM2 arcade game).
It's got a dumb action movie plot, but each of the three levels is branching, plus there are cutscenes for both beating and failing challenges (including level bosses).
Beating the levels unlocks more difficult versions of them, with more event options.
You can also unlock a mode where your ninja squad saves Air Force One from samurai terrorists.
There's also a mode where

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

Herr Tog posted:

please archive anilEhilated's lp of legendary because the other one is broken
While I'm seriously glad there's demand for this, it's kind of difficult given it's in a megathread and I don't have an OP or anything up. I did add a link to the youtube playlist to the master list so it won't completely vanish once thread dies, though.

e: Just so we aren't completely off-topic, I'd love to see an LP of Blood 2. The archive only has the expansion and I kinda remember the actual game not being... that bad?

anilEhilated fucked around with this message at 11:24 on Dec 30, 2016