Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

King of the Karp posted:

Standard scoring league, would you start Sims or C Michael as an RB2? Was planning on starting Sims but with Rawls likely out for Sunday Michael has been getting a lot of hype. I like Michaels matchup a lot more too, but it all seems pretty close to me. I guess it kinda depends on whether Rawls is guaranteed out but I'd appreciate any thoughts. Flex spot is an option too I guess, currently occupied by Travis Benjamin who I think is a better start there.

I like C-Mike. Prosise has a hand injury too. Carroll has been saying C-Mike is going to get 20+ carries.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

King of the Karp posted:

Standard scoring league, would you start Sims or C Michael as an RB2? Was planning on starting Sims but with Rawls likely out for Sunday Michael has been getting a lot of hype. I like Michaels matchup a lot more too, but it all seems pretty close to me. I guess it kinda depends on whether Rawls is guaranteed out but I'd appreciate any thoughts. Flex spot is an option too I guess, currently occupied by Travis Benjamin who I think is a better start there.

CMike

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

NFL.com standard scoring. Debating between

Stafford @ GB
Rothlisberger @PHI

Have Stafford in right now mostly because I'm an Eagles fan and don't want to feel bad. :saddowns:

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Man, i hate that i am asking this, Rams WTF!

Already firing up my share of CMike and need a 2nd

Gurley @ TB
Spencer Ware vs NYJ

1 PPR pick 1

also have Mckinnon @ CARO and Dwayne Washington @ GB

I know don't sit your studs and Ware is going against a good Jets dline, but why am i thinking Spencer Ware getting me 10 points is likelier than Gurley getting me the same. Damnit Rams!

mr_bunnyfish
Feb 6, 2012
I'm worried about Snead. If he's not playing, who should I replace him with?

He's my flex, so I have a few options:
Michael Floyd @ BUF
Jerick McKinnon @ CAR
Quincy Enunwa @ KC
Brandon Marshall @ KC

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

mr_bunnyfish posted:

I'm worried about Snead. If he's not playing, who should I replace him with?

He's my flex, so I have a few options:
Michael Floyd @ BUF
Jerick McKinnon @ CAR
Quincy Enunwa @ KC
Brandon Marshall @ KC

Enunwa no question

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib
E Lacy or C Michael? .5 PPR. Leaning Michael, I don't like the Packers offense and Michael looks like the better player, but the Lions aren't good at defense (not that the niners are great either)

edit: Thanks Mikey Purp. I don't know why I made a point of not liking the Packers offense when Seattle's has been far worse. Anyway, I'll probably leave this up in the air till gametime when I do something dumb like accidentally put in Gio instead

wyoak fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Sep 24, 2016

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.
I'd go Lacy.

SF is still a pretty formidable run defense, and the Seattle o-line is trash. Meanwhile Detroit may be the team to awaken the sleeping giant that is the Packers, and even if that's not the case there's a very good chance that Lacy will get at least a few carries in the red zone.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Mike Wallace, Dorsett or Enunwa in .5 ppr?

Zombie Tsunami
Jun 22, 2006

Do the answers to the CMike and Sims question change if it's 1PPR? I prefer Charles "Kumbhakarna" Sims there.

Pick one flex:
The above
Shady v ARZ
T.Y. v SD

-T.Y. will see Verrett coverage on some amount of his targets, but gets the usage bump with Moncrief out.
-Buffalo must lean on Shady w/out Watkins but against that Arizona D, who should have little reason to not stack the box. Combined w/ so much fluidity with team management, can Shady be considered a stud relative to these other plays?
-Sims finally gets the three-down back role, it would seem, against a tough Rams run D.
-CMike is going to be fed until he pukes against a suspect(?) 49ers Run D.

Gun to my head, usage and efficiency lead me to Sims as there aren't any standout matchups. I would love to hear a different point of view.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
^I'd go with Hilton in your shoes

On my roster of backup RBs, only two men can start (1 PPR):

CMike
Ware
McKinnon
Bernard
Coleman

Zombie Tsunami
Jun 22, 2006

weekly font posted:

Mike Wallace, Dorsett or Enunwa in .5 ppr?

If the games started at the same time: Enunwa if Marshall can't go, then Wallace.

The only problem is you might not know Marshall's status by 1PM. That makes Wallace the safer floor option. The upsides are similar -- Flacco has said he's going to feed him, and the guy already has 3 TDs this year. Those 21 points are every touchdown the Ravens have scored this season.

That said, Enunwa has the highest upside of the two without Marshall imho. For combination of risk/reward: I go Wallace.

xbilkis posted:

On my roster of backup RBs, only two men can start (1 PPR):

CMike
Ware
McKinnon
Bernard
Coleman

Tevin and Ware. Ware will get the carries and has the same passing upside as Gio.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
0.5 PPR - Pick 3 from:

TY Hilton vs SD
Alshon Jeffrey vs Dal
Jeremy Maclin vs NYJ
Jordan Matthews vs Pit

Leaning Hilton, Jeffrey, Matthews right now

Same league, Charles Sims or Spencer Ware as RB2?

Jota fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Sep 24, 2016

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Jota posted:

0.5 PPR - Pick 3 from:

TY Hilton vs SD
Alshon Jeffrey vs Dal
Jeremy Maclin vs NYJ
Jordan Matthews vs Pit

Leaning Hilton, Jeffrey, Matthews right now

Same league, Charles Sims or Spencer Ware as RB2?

I agree on the three you picked. And for RB2 I would say Sims.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
.5ppr pick 1:

Forsett
Ivory
Artis-Payne
Morris

I really really hate my RB situation. Next week I'll probably have to start two of these guys.

gloom
Feb 1, 2003
distracted from distraction by distraction
DST pick: ARI @ BUF, or CAR vs. MIN?

I'm leaning Arizona because the Bills look like a disaster and their top WR is banged up. But Carolina at home...

ZIGfried
Nov 4, 2005

I can hardly contain myself!
Need a Snead flex replacement. 0.5 ppr

Mike Wallace
Philip Dorsett
Or
Ryan Mathews

Mathews has paid off thus far thanks to some touchdowns, but his snap count last week is worrisome and the match up with Pittsburgh leads me to believe Sproles will be on the field more.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Inspector 34 posted:

.5ppr pick 1:

Forsett
Ivory
Artis-Payne
Morris

I really really hate my RB situation. Next week I'll probably have to start two of these guys.

Wow that's a bag of dicks. I'd say Forsett.

gloom posted:

DST pick: ARI @ BUF, or CAR vs. MIN?

I'm leaning Arizona because the Bills look like a disaster and their top WR is banged up. But Carolina at home...

I would say Carolina. Bills still have Tyrod Taylor who can run, and more importantly Bradford is showing an inability to get rid of the ball quickly. He may not survive the game.

ZIGfried posted:

Mike Wallace
Philip Dorsett
Or
Ryan Mathews

Mathews has paid off thus far thanks to some touchdowns, but his snap count last week is worrisome and the match up with Pittsburgh leads me to believe Sproles will be on the field more.

I'd say Wallace. Flacco seems to love the long ball, San Diego's secondary is looking okay, and I agree with you on Matthews.

icehewk
Jul 7, 2003

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
Riddick or Ware for RB2, PPR?

Ware has a tough matchup and GB is missing quite a few defenders right where Riddick's routes will be. Leaning Riddick.

icehewk fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Sep 25, 2016

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

icehewk posted:

Riddick or Ware for RB2, PPR?

Ware has a tough matchup and GB is missing quite a few defenders right where Riddick's routes will be. Leaning Riddick.

Riddick for sure.

gloom
Feb 1, 2003
distracted from distraction by distraction

ZIGfried posted:

Mike Wallace
Philip Dorsett
Or
Ryan Mathews

I like Wallace a lot. Two weeks isn't much of a sample, but Flacco gets him the ball and he can make big plays.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I would say Carolina. Bills still have Tyrod Taylor who can run, and more importantly Bradford is showing an inability to get rid of the ball quickly. He may not survive the game.
Thanks, hadn't seen the Vikings play this year. I'll go with Carolina.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Would you change anything about this lineup knowing that Morgan Burnett and CM3 are out for the Packers tomorrow? I don't trust Tate or Cobb at this point and Wallace and Benjamin have good matchups.

aellisr
Oct 11, 2007

Alveolar fibrosis don't give a damn.
0.5 PPR

Dinged up Brandon Marshall
Slightly less dinged up Quincy Enunwa
Phillip Dorsett

The weather in KC has me wanting to fade that game entirely.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
.5 PPR

A Robinson or Diggs?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Standard scoring

Michael Floyd @ Buffalo
Tyrell Williams @ Indianapolis

ZIGfried
Nov 4, 2005

I can hardly contain myself!

SeannieDarko posted:

Standard scoring

Michael Floyd @ Buffalo
Tyrell Williams @ Indianapolis

Coin flip but I'm really feeling Floyd this week.

gbaby
Feb 6, 2015
pick 2, .5ppr

J. Hill vs. Den
A. Hurns vs. Bal
T. Williams @ Ind

Pews
Mar 7, 2006

one thousand years of anime
Grimey Drawer
Kind of last minute but I realised Antonio Gates is very likely not going to play today and I'll have to stream a TE. I have all of these available (.5 PPR):

Kyle Rudolph @ CAR
Dennis Pitta @ JAX
Jordan Cameron vs CLE
Jacob Tamme @ NO
Jesse James @ PHI

Leaning towards Tamme or Rudolph, any thoughts?

Also this is pretty much a coin flip but I have to choose between Stafford or Bortles this week.

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

should I start Kenyon Drake vs Cle or Golden Tate @GB for my 2nd flex spot (no ppr)

drake's been named the starter and golden has been making GBS threads the bed but... dolphins rb...

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

This is standard scoring. Can anybody help I have no idea what to do with this team this week. I forgot to start Blount like I planned. Some dude dropped DeAngelo because he thought Bell comes back this week.

Should I keep Matty Ice? This feels like a trap game. I can pick up Stafford and Fitzmagic.

RBX fucked around with this message at 10:39 on Sep 25, 2016

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

RBX posted:

This is standard scoring. Can anybody help I have no idea what to do with this team this week. I forgot to start Blount like I planned. Some dude dropped DeAngelo because he thought Bell comes back this week.

Should I keep Matty Ice? This feels like a trap game. I can pick up Stafford and Fitzmagic.

Start Deangelo in the flex. Play any QB against the Saints with confidence. Also get into the habit of setting your tentative lineup on Wednesdays after you your review your team post-waivers.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Arctic Baldwin posted:

should I start Kenyon Drake vs Cle or Golden Tate @GB for my 2nd flex spot (no ppr)

drake's been named the starter and golden has been making GBS threads the bed but... dolphins rb...

Tate

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Pews posted:

Kind of last minute but I realised Antonio Gates is very likely not going to play today and I'll have to stream a TE. I have all of these available (.5 PPR):

Kyle Rudolph @ CAR
Dennis Pitta @ JAX
Jordan Cameron vs CLE
Jacob Tamme @ NO
Jesse James @ PHI

Leaning towards Tamme or Rudolph, any thoughts?

Also this is pretty much a coin flip but I have to choose between Stafford or Bortles this week.

Tamme, Stafford

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Flex, 0.5ppr:

Ware vJets
Jones @Packers
Crabtree @Titans

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

gbaby posted:

pick 2, .5ppr

J. Hill vs. Den
A. Hurns vs. Bal
T. Williams @ Ind

You got it right. Don't overthink an under-producing RBb against an elite D/ST.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Flex, 0.5ppr:

Ware vJets
Jones @Packers
Crabtree @Titans

Go back to bed.

Ware in the flex is money.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Suave Fedora posted:

Go back to bed.

Ware in the flex is money.

Thanks.

I work nights now, this is normal time for me. :sigh:

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy
Would you rather play Desean or Hurns as a flex this week, 0 ppr?

Scott Justice
Jul 15, 2007
Hot Justice just sounds better
Ok, so the problem I've been having this season is that all of my players seem to be ranked around the same spot as each other, making it tough to see who I should start. I'm 2-0 right now about to face an 0-2 team, so I'm not upset or worried, just want a little advice on my line up. I am also a footballguys subscriber, and I use this thread for a 2nd opinion/tie breaker.

.5 ppr, 2 QB league.

RBs - Pick 1, I got Forte glued to my lineup until he dies. Best 4th round steal in my history of playing fantasy.

Theo RIddick @ GB
Isaiah Crowell @ Mia
Gio Bernard @ Don't bother choosing him, I'm not going to pick him he isn't doing poo poo against Denver.

All week footballguys have been going back and forth on Riddick and Crowell. They thought Crowell will be the only one scoring against the dolphins (this is true), then they found out Abdullah would be out giving Riddick more time, then they said that the lions suck (this is true). I'm leaning towards Riddick, but I could be talked into Crowell considering he will be the only person who should have the ball in that game.

WRs - Pick 3. .5 ppr

T.Y. Hilton vs SD
Mike Wallace @ JAX
Travis Benjamin @ Ind
Golden Tate @ GB
Tyler Lockett vs SF
Tyrell Williams @ Ind

Footballguys suggest Hilton, Benjamin, and Williams. I don't want to play 2 chargers, just in case the game script changes or something happens to River, or whatever, diversifying my wideouts. The next ranked WR on Footballguys is MIke Wallace. Jax has a crap secondary and if Flacco hits someone with the ball it's gonna be him. Just making sure I'm doing the right thing. I've lost trust in Tate and Lockett.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Standard scoring. Former Peterson AND Woodhead owner. Pick two

Vereen
Hyde
Coleman
Asiata
Richard

(I've won both my games and thus can't get anything on the waiver wire)

• Locked thread