Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Cake Attack posted:

what am i missing with the first godslayer training. maybe im just dumb but i cant do this at all

The idea is to live long enough for your team assist to go off. Just spam de/buffs and healing and don't worry about offense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Cake Attack posted:

what am i missing with the first godslayer training. maybe im just dumb but i cant do this at all

Turn 1: Dia->MC, Rakukaja, Dia->Stonka
Turn 2: Rakukaja, Dia->MC, Dia->Stonka
Turn 3: Dia->MC, Rakukaja, Dia->Stonka
Turn 4: Attack, Attack, Tarunda
Turn 5: Attack

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

ah yeah it was pretty easy to just survive, i thought the charged attack was the turn limit

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Cake Attack posted:

ah yeah it was pretty easy to just survive, i thought the charged attack was the turn limit

I had the same problem lol. Kind of unclear

Also fusion boost is ridiculous. I need to stop buying it before I ruin any challenge remaining

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

I never recruited an Ippon Datara when I was in the region that had them, now I need one for a challenge quest. Where are they available? I can't remember.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

the domain east of Ueno if that sticks around

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
They can also be found in the underground well cave.

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Thanks, but I just remembered "include compendium" is a search option. :v:

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Man was easy mode as pathetic as this games Skirmish in SMT4?

I just beat Medusa and I've been like 4-5 levels over everything pretty consistently without really grinding. I wondered how easy skirmish was if this was such a non-issue and the boss was only hitting me for like 20 damage per turn at best.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

BipolarAurora posted:

It happens with the Japanese version too, since in Hebrew lore, it was forbidden to pronounce YHVH except for a certain few afaik.
That's a pretty cool detail then.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Einwand posted:

Is it just me or are horde enemies a lot more frequent/dangerous than in SMT4?
The ones in Kanda-no-yashiro frequently force me to fight duplicates of them multiple times in a row.

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

it's great because they're such dumb harmless EXP farms

I dunno about harmless because I got multiple game overs when the third reinforcement wave comes in and I'm totally out of MP and demons. I was actually gonna come in here and ask about that.

This game seems to be kicking my rear end in general though, it's good that there's basically no downside to game overs because I don't think I beat a boss on the first try. Also been dumping my points in a really stupid way, basically leveling STR +3 and Dex +2 most levels and sometimes remembering to do agility and luck. Despite my STR being a good chunk higher it still does less damage so I dunno.

Honest Thief posted:

That's a pretty cool detail then.

Have you ever seen people who write out G-d? It's actually still in practice today

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

oh no, I can nearly fuse Alice and now I'm going to spend hours trying to make a really good one even though I don't have access to particularly high-level skills yet

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I dunno about harmless because I got multiple game overs when the third reinforcement wave comes in and I'm totally out of MP and demons. I was actually gonna come in here and ask about that.

are you using skills that hit the whole enemy team? you should, because they hit three times on hordes, including ailment skills like bind voice.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
Just finished the well.

Goddamnit you guys are morons.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Man was easy mode as pathetic as this games Skirmish in SMT4?

I just beat Medusa and I've been like 4-5 levels over everything pretty consistently without really grinding. I wondered how easy skirmish was if this was such a non-issue and the boss was only hitting me for like 20 damage per turn at best.

You're playing easy mode and acting like you're surprised that it's easy.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

theshim posted:

Just finished the well.

Goddamnit you guys are morons.

To be fair you have the chance to reject it and Dadga just forces you to do it anyway.

Primworm
Aug 19, 2008

Six pokeballs, more than enough to catch anything that moves.
I'm doing what the OP says not to and playing this back to back with IV, but only picking up where I left off because I got so lost. I just went to Club Florida and met the people there for the first time, and stopped there last night. How much longer am I looking at for the rest of the game? I am looking forward to starting this one, but I also ordered Strange Journey for a replay of that in the near future.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

ImpAtom posted:

To be fair you have the chance to reject it and Dadga just forces you to do it anyway.
I actually did that, but going there at all was really stupid.

Gods are jerks!

Ornamented Death
Jan 25, 2006

Pew pew!

theshim posted:

Gods are jerks!

This is essentially the thesis of the entire SMT series of games.

Fortuitous Bumble
Jan 5, 2007

How soon can I find an angel? I really want to evolve one through all the angel ranks just because.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Fortuitous Bumble posted:

How soon can I find an angel? I really want to evolve one through all the angel ranks just because.

It's level 10 so just fuse one when you hit that level.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Man, there's a TON of demons in this game. I was gonna try to complete the compendium by recruiting everyone as I go but there's just too many, I've been playing for like 15 hours and I'm only at the bottom of the well. It also sucks that the number of skills you and your demons have are locked by apps because I've been fusing like crazy just to make free space and I can't really take advantage of all the skills I've gotten. They really pass out decent skills like candy at the earlygame this time around

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
It's cool that there's an item that raises the stats of an armor piece. Gonna dump them all on the bare chest piece and flex my way to victory.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Evil Eagle posted:

You're playing easy mode and acting like you're surprised that it's easy.

I think i misspoke. Playing on normal mode and finding it pretty simple. I turned it to easy out of curiosity for one fight I already did and was kind of startled by how wimpy that was. I'm just curious if easy in SMT4 vanilla was the same as I didn't bother trying it in that game.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I think i misspoke. Playing on normal mode and finding it pretty simple. I turned it to easy out of curiosity for one fight I already did and was kind of startled by how wimpy that was. I'm just curious if easy in SMT4 vanilla was the same as I didn't bother trying it in that game.

"Easy Mode
Damage to enemies: x1.3
Attack Hit Rate: x1.5
Damage from enemies: x0.5
Escape Chance: Always succeeds
Ally Smirk Chance: x1.5
Enemy Smirk Chance: x0.5
Ailment Inflict Chance (On Ally): x0.5
Ailment Inflict Chance (On enemy): No change
Compendium Price: No change
Charon Resurrect Price: x0.5
Equipment and Item Shop Price: No change"

It's not even a game on easy mode

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Instead of using your negotiation skills to get out of a rough fight, here's a free escape button. Also you only take half damage so rough fights don't exist anyway

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

That sounds like a good mode for getting through the game for testing and/or seeing the story. I'm glad it exists.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

StrixNebulosa posted:

That sounds like a good mode for getting through the game for testing and/or seeing the story. I'm glad it exists.

Same, it's nice that people can experience the game the way that works best for them. :)

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Has gods and demons inability to actually kill each other been mentioned anywhere in the series before. Cause as soon as they said that every game started making a while lot more sense. Also does anybody have a summary of what happened in the story dlc for IV I bought it all but I'm not really feeling like going back and playing it all.

Gaius Marius fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Sep 23, 2016

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Evil Eagle posted:

"Easy Mode

Is this def still accurate bc "charon resurrect price" seems a bit outdated

Genpei Turtle
Jul 20, 2007

Gaius Marius posted:

Has gods and demons inability to actually kill each other been mentioned anywhere in the series before. Cause as soon as they said that every game started making a while lot more sense. Also does anybody have a summary of what happened in the story dlc for IV I bought it all but I'm not really feeling like going back and playing it all.

Not directly, but the reason that they can't (or more to the point, why humans can) has been hinted at before. This game in particular just isn't very subtle about it.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
there is a level 82 version of angel you can fuse for some reason.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Is this def still accurate bc "charon resurrect price" seems a bit outdated

this is from IV, no idea about Apocalypse

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
also does anyone know how to get to kanuiji for the "where the corpse went" sidequest? it seems to be totally isolated and i don't have whatever thing lets you fly yet.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

is there a way to search fusion devil survivor style? where you can see every demon by level and then what combinations can create that demon

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Cake Attack posted:

is there a way to search fusion devil survivor style? where you can see every demon by level and then what combinations can create that demon

Include Compendium and level filters turned on in search? You have to expand the condition options to see them since they are toward the bottom.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Include Compendium and level filters turned on in search? You have to expand the condition options to see them since they are toward the bottom.

sweet, that's pretty much what i wanted, thanks.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
I'm so glad they brought back the mash two demons together without using all the filters option.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Drashin posted:

I think I remember beating Ancient of Days by using one of the Archangels abilities that prevent it from healing and than spammed its weaknesses. I can't remember how I beat Sanat but I was able to beat Masakados by giving Uriel as many physical amplifier skills I could along with pierce and kept spamming Kannuki-Throw along with support from other demons. With Masakados it might take a couple of tries but after a couple you should land enough hits to kill him

Thanks, I managed to pull it off eventually. Kannuki-Throw is hilariously broken.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Evil Eagle posted:

"Easy Mode

I have friends that had to play Persona 4 Golden on Very Easy, I'd rather they at least play the game if the difficulty is that bad fpr them

• Locked thread