Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

We need to call Madonna.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Abigail Breslins visual comedy is really shining this season, her :v: face during the Chanel 9-11 dressing down was gold

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

It's still not up to season one's standards, but this was probably the best episode of this season so far.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
I fell asleep during the second half but was I the only one thinking that they're on track to give Special Agent Denise Hemphill a motherfuckin' super hero origin backstory when they shoved her in the cryogenicWHATEVER machine?

Spermanent Record
Mar 28, 2007
I interviewed a NK escapee who came to my school and made a thread. Then life got in the way and the translation had to be postponed. I did finish it in the end, but nobody is going to pay 10 bux to update my.avatar
Holy poo poo what happened to this show? Killing all the fun characters and having a whacky accent episode instead of real jokes. I'm out.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
I loving love this stupid rear end show

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp

timp posted:

I loving love this stupid rear end show

same

WOO BLOOD ISLAND oh no

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

You know, at some point this swamp is going to be 90% dead bodies.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I don't care what anybody says, this season has been and continues to be great.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

So I can never tell the Ryan Murphy brown haired men apart, who is the Green Meanie?

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Twilight Guy/Taylor Lautner

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

That episode was hilarious! I almost died laughing with the "Chanel has every STD" moments. And the dramatic music set to the Dean taking away the top position in the blood drive from Chanel = priceless.

Number 5 is my favorite, but Hester took that spot away this episode. This line killed it:

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005

Pan Dulce posted:

That episode was hilarious! I almost died laughing with the "Chanel has every STD" moments. And the dramatic music set to the Dean taking away the top position in the blood drive from Chanel = priceless.

My # 2 was Hester in the lounge and the Fake, douche vampire comes in 'dramatically' & tries to bite her.

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug
I really miss the "Chanel no. 5s vagina has teeth" jokes from Chanel, with number 5 looking sadder and angrier every time it's mentioned, but never actually denying it.

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Come to me .... and live forever.
What with the medical anomaly theme, I really wanted No.5 to actually have vagina teeth. I guess it could still happen.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Finale will have them deciding whether to cure Munch's kuru or 5's vagina.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

I like that Hester's asylum cell (season 2 episode 2) had drawings of the CURE institute & what looks like the living room of the Chanel's dorm.
Maybe Dirty Helen is real after all.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
For me this show lost the funny and I'm find each episode a chore.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Last week's episode was good. 99 Luft Balloons was funny. This one seemed to try too hard.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Yeah, this season has had it's moments, but on the whole it's mostly just tainting the first season by association. If I recommend the show to anyone it will be with the caveat that you should only watch season one.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I must be the odd one out, I'm loving this season.

e: I mean, it's nowhere near as good as season one, but that season was basically perfect.

OmegaBR
Feb 14, 2012

Come to me .... and live forever.
Honestly, the whole murder plot and the Green Meanie himself seem like a big afterthought compared to letting the Chanels be goofy and getting Stamos all hot and bothered. He shows up almost arbitrarily to swing his machete and either not kill an important character or kill someone we just met.

It really started from the get go when the big wrong doing was "this guy's dying but we want to PAR-TAY! Let's just dump him in the swamp and say he ran away."

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

It definitely suffers from not having a Grace, boring or awful as she was. Zayday is the obvious 'wants to get to the bottom of the mystery' character but she doesn't get a whole lot of time doing it. That was a nice thing about this episode, actually, having her try to figure poo poo out for extended periods of time and get kidnapped again.

It doesn't help we know who all three Meanies are now, either. The mystery is weak in general this season (and it was in the first, too, but they stretched it out longer at least/had a season of Neckbrace acting crazy to build up to it).

If I had to name my biggest issue with this season, it's all the 'patient of the week' stuff they went hard with in the first half to have bodies pile up that weren't main characters. I never really expect the Chanels to die, I'm more than fine with them inexplicably surviving serial murders every year, but it'd be nice if they at least put effort into building up new secondary characters around them each season so we can get deaths for people we give a fraction of a poo poo about.

But the show still makes me laugh my rear end off and the dialogue is for the most part on par with season one for me, and that's far more important to me in this show than the big mystery or who dies. I certainly wouldn't complain if they tightened it up.

And for the love of god Ryan Murphy, if this somehow gets a third season, take them to summer camp already.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

esperterra posted:

But the show still makes me laugh my rear end off and the dialogue is for the most part on par with season one for me, and that's far more important to me in this show than the big mystery or who dies. I certainly wouldn't complain if they tightened it up.
The big problem for me comes from the reuse of the characters. A lot of the humour of season one came from learning about the characters, and instead of keeping the straight men and bringing in some new funny characters they kept the the funny ones and brought in new straight men, so instead of getting new jokes we're getting variations on the old themes. As much as I like the Chanels and Chad, there wasn't really much left to do with them. I really wish they'd kept the actors but had them play new characters for a best of both worlds compromise.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Agreed. Though I'd never get bored of Emma Roberts playing Chanel, personally, I'd be much happier with either making up new characters to play, or at the very least introducing new main characters to play the straight man roles against the Chanels/Munsch/etc.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Special Agent Denise is still cryogenically frozen, so the last two episodes might be ok.

I will be surprised if this show gets a third season, but I would probably watch it. Lea Michele needs more screen time.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

esperterra posted:

I certainly wouldn't complain if they tightened it up.

And for the love of god Ryan Murphy, if this somehow gets a third season, take them to summer camp already.

This.

S2 feels like it was written on the way to the studio, in the back of a limo with copious amounts of alcohol and blow.

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

The post you quoted already identified it as a Ryan Murphy show, I thought those things were already implied. :v:

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

That's not how the MCAT works, but I still got quite a few laughs out of this episode. They have a lot to cram into the finale.

the truth fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Dec 15, 2016

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Why did Wes say "Playlist" as his last word?

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Playlists are kind of his thing.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
One of the best episodes this season. I feel like they sometimes miss obvious gags like hanging the tall girl with a control tether in a small space ... I was sure the stick would get hung up (hardeehar) and she would just stand up and start fighting. I know the obvious gag can be tedious but I also feel that when you skip the gag you need to replace it with a punch but we are getting neither. So instead of a laugh or brutality we get boring, that's what this season is missing compared to S1.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I haven't been watching the new season but I heard they killed off hot dad from season 1? Bummer.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

I often forget Wes was supposed to be played by Joe Manganiello, but couldn't because of last minute contract problems with Magic Mike.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Tired Moritz posted:

I haven't been watching the new season but I heard they killed off hot dad from season 1? Bummer.

He gained weight and got weird(er)

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

the truth posted:

He gained weight and got weird(er)

aww, he was like a less bad version of will schuester, with the whole vests and manslut thing going on.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

I've changed my mind about the problem with this season. It's not the character re-use, it's the pacing. There's been enough good bits that they could have made a good six-episode season, they just didn't have enough jokes or enough story to spread to ten episodes. I still think they could have made better use of the new cast members instead of relying so heavily on the old ones, or changed up the characters in some other way, but based on what they actually did I think you could probably improve the show a lot by cutting it down. Not up to season one standards, but still a big improvement.

Spermanent Record
Mar 28, 2007
I interviewed a NK escapee who came to my school and made a thread. Then life got in the way and the translation had to be postponed. I did finish it in the end, but nobody is going to pay 10 bux to update my.avatar
It's literally a sitcom with occasional gore and a slightly more dynamic camera.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

Spermanent Record posted:

It's literally a sitcom with occasional gore and a slightly more dynamic camera.

That isn't an excuse to be boring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spermanent Record
Mar 28, 2007

wormil posted:

That isn't an excuse to be boring.

I wasn't making an excuse. It's poo poo.

How did this thing end anyway? Anyone still watching?

• Locked thread