Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.
Updated answers and such on my sheet.

Also, just to clarify, is the ship we're starting on the ship K Prime statted up or just some random rust bucket?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.

Comrade Gorbash posted:

Updated answers and such on my sheet.

Also, just to clarify, is the ship we're starting on the ship K Prime statted up or just some random rust bucket?

The answer to your question lies in the game thread.

This ship is not your ship. But it could be, depending. We'll find out.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Ultra Noir

pre:
STR: 2        
REF: 4          
MOV: 3     
FOC: 2          
INT: 4       
PER: 3

Fate:       2    
Resources:  3      
Influence:  3
Spare Time: 0

Endurance: 20     
Armor:     01            
Defense:   14    
vs Impair  16   
vs Psionic 16
vs Stealth 17  

Primary Skills: 
Culture      -1
Conversation +0
Awareness    +1
Programming  +1
Physical     +1
Planetoids   +2

(Bio Tech +1)

Combat Skills:    
Exotic   +2
Tactical +1

Vehicle Skills:
Gunnery    +1
Operations +1

Traits: Archaeologist (Culture), Nephilim
Complications: Prejudice from Kaltorans and Legion
Language: Corp, High X’ion

Weapons: Ninja Sword (Balanced Weapon, Composite)
Myrmidon (Assistant Drone, Utility) (picture forthcoming)

Outfits: Combat Suit (Symbiotic, Personalized)

Items: 

Toolboxes and Workshops:

Toolbox (Culture)
Toolbox (Planetoids)

Perks:

+1 to all Spare Time Rolls.
+1 Recover.
Catty.

Halloween Jack fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Oct 18, 2016

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

So I kind of wanted to ask people OOC how they felt before Rabbit gets us all into a fight, since it affects everyone.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Yeah, I was wondering if you were going to keep scheming against your employer directly in front of him.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Ooh, I mistook Rabbit's meaning entirely. Well. I approve of killing evil billionaires, so I'm down.

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The strongest! The smartest!
The rightest!
I'm starting to wonder if Talia really fits in with this group if we're going to immediately leap into a murderous rampage on either side :sparkles:

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Someone in the group has to have a conscience, and it's not the manic robot or the Orion slave-girls.

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Hegentha is perfectly happy with no causalities, if that gets a ship and/or some other benefit. At the moment though, nobody's making a good argument for not preparing for violence.

At least I got cash.

More seriously, there's sort of an ideological fracture in this party w/r/t to violence.

We've got 2 people who would rather not resort to violence except in self defense
2 people to whom violence is an amoral act, which they will do for self-benefit
and 1 robot for whom it's more like a recreational activity.

I think making the first potential hook an assassination may split the party.

For the record though, Hegentha is only in this to milk as much as she can from this meeting- the assassination is eeeeh. Whatever's easier. It may be a better option to say, use this credit account to bribe our way into the hangar, steal one, and just run for it before we get entangled in corp politics.
Hegentha is about opening up options.

K Prime fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Oct 24, 2016

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
Nanin is over her head, but she's not inclined to go along with murdering the captain without greater impetus than money. The corp in front of them... she isn't inclined to, but she's kind of expecting to be shot at the moment anything goes south at this point, so it depends on how this spins out.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Okay. Gimme a concrete plan of action - "We kill Simmons," "We screw over Alcazar," "We escape the station," "We go into business as a theatre troupe," etc. 48 hours to make a final decision.

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

Ok.

So Hegentha is unopposed to murdering Simmons, and also unopposed to using the resources we have by pretending to go kill Simmons and stealing a ship and running. Whichever is easier.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

K Prime posted:

Ok.

So Hegentha is unopposed to murdering Simmons, and also unopposed to using the resources we have by pretending to go kill Simmons and stealing a ship and running. Whichever is easier.
I'm for the second.

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The rightest!
I vote second

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I'm okay with killing Simmons, or Alcazar, or both if we have, like, a really long kebab skewer, but stealing a ship also sounds like fun. So I'm cool with the second.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

Second carries by majority vote. ARB, I apologize if this is incorrect, but I assume Nanin is good to roll with that last option, as opposed to the outright murder.

Here are things I need from youse guys to complete this caper.

One, how difficult do you want this to be? Should the heist be mother-may-I, early-90s Shadowrun style sneaking and larceny, or do you want to bust into a dock guns blazing?

Two, how much input do you want on the design of the ship you steal?

Three, how much of the plan do you want to craft yourselves, versus me feeding you a selection of setpieces?

Four, are you going to tell Simmons what's up or let her hang?

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

1) I would prefer a more action-oriented approach but its a soft preference.

2) For me personally, I tend to care more about aesthetics than mechanics. That being said, K Prime did some good work up thread for a ship that I think would be cool.

3) About 50/50? My main concern is that we not get bogged down in planning, and having a few set pieces to pivot around seems to keep things moving.

4) I'd like to warn Simmons, but I wouldn't be inclined to go out of our way to help her. A call while we're flying away from the station at top speed seems about right.

K Prime
Nov 4, 2009

1) I'm in for some action.

2) I'm good with whatever, but I'd appreciate some input on grounds that some of us can't aim worth a poo poo.

3) 50/50 is good.

4) Simmons can go spin.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

In order:

Action.

I admit I don't know the ship rules yet to really say.

Having decisions is good! But since this is PbP keeping them as binary or trinary sorts of decisions is best unless they're really important to the story to discuss.

Letting her know there's folks out to kill her seems fair if we're nabbing her ship.

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The rightest!
1) Action

2) I second Gorbash's answer of "I'm good with almost anything but talk to KPrime probably???

3) 50/50 sounds about right. I'm less worried about us getting bogged down in planning because I've done the occasional Shadowrun PBP and there is usually someone (perhaps me) who gets fed up and shouts 'OK THIS IS THE PLAN WE'RE DOING IT.' Besides, the vote for #1 is action. We all probably expect the plan to go wrong, right?

4) Send Simmons a warning as we're cruising away too fast for her to actually respond.

5) Oops forgot the end quotation mark" there.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

The icons I made previously were done so they could be used as headers or map icons but didn't work great as either, so I redid 'em.

Comrade Gorbash fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Nov 18, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Closed without comment, I presume?

• Locked thread