Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
What is Big Brother: Over the Top?

Big Brother US: Over the Top is a new online exclusive Big Brother show airing on CBS All Access.

Looking to mix things up after its uneven first season in 2000, Big Brother US dropped most of structure of the original show from the Netherlands going into season 2. So instead of viewers voting on who to evict and who eventually won, competitions were introduced to select a Head of Household who could choose who would be nominated for eviction each week. A short time later, the concept of the veto was introduced to the show, which allowed one of the nominees to save themself from eviction. The Head of Household would then select a replacement nominee if one of the initial nominees was protected. Finally the House would vote on who to evict.

This format has been in place ever since, with season 18 having just finished on CBS. With many media companies launching online streaming platforms of their own to try and compete with Netflix and Hulu, a push has been made by them to add unique, original content to draw in subscribers. CBS choose to get into the mix with CBS All Access, a monthly subscriber service which now serves as the streaming home for all their shows, as well as the home of the Big Brother Live Feeds. To encourage people to stay on with All Access after the Big Brother season was over, CBS decided to add an online All Access exclusive version of the show called Big Brother: Over the Top.

As the TV version of Big Brother has gotten rather bloated over time, with an increasing amount of Houseguests, episodes and twists, CBS looked to bring the show back closer to its European roots with Over the Top. As a result, the show will put more power back into the hands of viewers week to week, and eventually allow them to choose who wins the season.

How does the viewing schedule Over the Top (OTT) work?

Because OTT is online only, there will only be one scheduled live "episode" each week, supplemented by weekday recaps, live competitions and ceremonies. The producers have promised having fewer feeds blackouts than ever before as a result. Something which normally happened during competitions and ceremonies. The following schedule has been published for how this will look:

Weekly schedule:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wednesday
9 PM PST / 11 PM CST: HOH Competition
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thursday
10 AM PST / 12 PM CST: America's Care Package Vote Opens
Afternoon: Julie Q&A with Houseguests, and Evicted Houseguest Interview
7 PM PST / 9 PM CST: Weekly Replay daily recap
Friday
1 PM PST / 3 PM CST: Care Package Arrives
2 PM PST / 4 PM CST: America's Have Nots Vote Opens
7.30 PM PST / 9:30 PM CST: Live Diary Rooms
Saturday
1 PM PST / 3 PM CST: Have Not Reveal
7 PM PST / 9 PM CST: Safety Ceremony
Sunday
7 PM PST / 9 PM CST: Final Weekly Safety Ceremony / Nomination Reveal
8 PM PST / 10 PM CST: America's Third Nominee Vote Opens
Monday
9 AM PST / 11 AM CST: America's Third Nominee Vote Closes
1 PM PST / 3 PM CST: Veto Competition
7 PM PST / 5 PM CST: Weekly Replay daily recap
Tuesday
1 PM PST / 3 PM CST: Veto Meeting
2 PM PST / 4 PM CST: America's Eviction Vote Opens
7.30 PM PST / 9:30 PM CST: Live Diary Rooms
Wednesday
7 PM PST / 9 PM CST: Weekly Full Episode
8 PM PST / 10 PM CST: Live Eviction
'->Week starts over again

How is this different than CBS Big Brother?

Because this is online exclusive, there is only one scheduled "full episode" a week, the Wednesday episode with Julie. Newly introduced are weekday recaps and weekend "Safety Ceremonies" which will reveal who will be the final nominees for eviction. Returning are new HOH and Veto competitions which will play out live on the feeds. CBS plans to lean heavily on viewer interaction and voting with OTT, something which they've dabbled with but never fully embraced on the CBS version of the show.

The first viewer impact will be to choose the final Houseguest. This is an All Access vote between Big Brother 17's Jason and Big Brother 18's Josea. Jason was eventually chosen and entered as the 13th Houseguest. Once the season began, the voters also got additional influence:

America’s Nominee Vote – The HOH will nominate two Houseguests for eviction. Fans will choose a third. 

America’s Eviction Vote – Fan can vote for which nominee to evict. That individual will get an extra vote during eviction.

America’s Care Package Vote – Fans can send their favorite Houseguest a special advantage in the game.

America’s Have Nots Vote – Fans can choose three “Have Nots” each week.

Why should I watch?

This is hard to determine at this point. For the first time in a long time, the US version is now skewing back closer to the Dutch original, with a heavier viewer influence. Will there still be strategy? How much impact will viewers even have? Still unclear at this point, but All Access is only $6 a month, so it's not a huge investment.

What should I watch?

If you're interested in looking into past seasons of the CBS airing show, I personally recommend checking out a couple of seasons to various degrees. They'll all available through CBS All Access on the cbs.com website:

Big Brother 1: Most closely followed the original Dutch premise, as viewers voted on who got evicted. The only CBS airing U.S. season to follow this model.
Big Brother 2: Switched up the format to have the HOH nominate two for eviction and features one of the most highly regarded players in show history.
Big Brother 3: Introduced the Power of Veto, which gave the nominated a better chance to save themselves. BB US took on its present form with this season.
Big Brother 7: The first and only true All Stars season. Featured players from all the previous seasons, and includes one of the fan favorite alliances in show history.
Big Brother 10: General Goon consensus as one of the best seasons, featuring a memorable cast and another contestant in the running for the best in show history.
Big Brother 12: Worthy winner, with some solid gameplay. Features subsequent Survivor player Hayden Moss and unleashed Brenchel, the now married couple of Brendon and Rachel who you might have seen on The Amazing Race.
Big Brother 14: Return of four previous players who act as "Coaches" to newbies. One of the returnees being a fan favorite who displays some of the best gameplay in show history. Also features the brother of Survivor player Russell Hantz, who lives up to the family reputation.
Big Brother 16: Solid gameplay from the eventual winner, who ran a clinic on how not to get targeted.

Seasons to avoid:

Big Brother 9: Slap dash writers strike spring season. The winner later went to jail for illegal oxycodone sales, the rest of the cast was all generally horrible. Possibly worthwhile as a train wreck.
Big Brother 15: The misogynist and racist season. The winner played a decent game, but they and most of the players were generally derogatory and deluded people.
Big Brother 18: The obnoxious and sexist season. Four returning Houseguests, two siblings of former Houseguests and 10 new Houseguests participated in the longest BB to date, a full 99 days of abrasive behavior and bad strategy.

Okay, I'm down to watch

So what does the $6 All Access Monthly pass give you? You'll get full access to the CBS library of shows, every past Big Brother episode and the Big Brother Live Feeds. What are the feeds like? They take the form of four camera feeds from inside the house. Generally two cameras focusing on an area each. Meaning two cameras will cover the same conversation from different angles, while two other cameras cover another conversation. Which room is being covered will be at the mercy of the the control room. They are generally good about switching to conversations/events most at interest strategically or those the most entertaining.

In companion with the feeds, I would suggest checking out the sites below, which will usually provide daily/hourly/minute by minute run downs of what's happening within the house. These include:

http://www.bigbrothernetwork.com
http://www.hamsterwatch.com
http://www.jokersupdates.com
http://www.onlinebigbrother.com

Teek fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Oct 7, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Reserved for news and updates.

Player History
  • Alex
    - Won Care Package #3
    - Voted out Week 6
  • Cornbread
    - Voted out Week 1 (9-1)
  • Danielle
    - Voted out Week 7 (4-0)
  • Jason
    - Won Care Package #6
  • Justin
    - Won Care Package #7
    - Evicted Week 9 in Final Three Challenge
  • Kryssie
    - Won Care Package #1
  • Monte
    - Voted out Week 2 (5-4)
  • Morgan
    - Won Care Package #5
  • Neeley
    - Voted out Week 4 (4-3)
  • Scott
    - Won Care Package #2
    - Voted out Week 5 (3-0, Shelby used Care Package to cancel three votes)
  • Shane
    - Voted out Week 3 (4-4, Scott broke tie)
  • Shelby
    - Won Care Package #4
    - Voted out Week 8 (2-0)
  • Whitney
    - Voted out Week 6 (2-2, Danielle broke tie)

Week 1
America's Vote: 13th Houseguest - BB 17 Jason VS BB 18 Jozea ~ Jason Wins
HOH: Infection Game - Shane drank the infection liquid->Danielle->Justin->Shelby->Scott->Neely->Kryssie->Morgan->Cornbread->Jason->Whitney->Alex->Monte becomes HOH
Nominations: Danielle & Jason
America's Nomination: Cornbread
Veto Winner: Jason (Used on self, replaced with Kryssie)
Final Nominations: Cornbread VS Danielle VS Kryssie
Eliminated Player: Cornbread (9-1) America voted to evict Cornbread

Week 2
HOH: Alex
America's Care Package #1: Kryssie (Save one person from the block) - Used on Jason
America's Have Nots: Monte, Morgan & Scott
Nominations: Danielle & Shane
America's Nomination: Monte
Veto Winner: Shane (Used on self, replaced with Kryssie), Shelby - Caddy costume+ Golf clubs for a week, Danielle - Retrieve golf balls from Pull on signal for a week, Scott - Sleep in sand trap for 24 hours, Alex - "Can't see straight" penalty for her next HOH competition, Monte - Can't play in next Veto
Final Nominations: Danielle VS Kryssie VS Monte
Eliminated Player: Monte (5-4) America voted to evict Monte

Week 3
HOH: Scott
America's Care Package #2: Scott (Pick Veto Type: Diamond [Winner chooses replacement], Double [1st and 2nd places win Veto]*, Boomerang [One person wins two Vetoes])
America's Have Nots: Alex, Danielle & Shelby
Nominations: Kryssie & Neely
America's Nomination: Danielle
Veto Winners: Alex (Not used) & Justin (Used on Kryssie, replaced with Shane)
Final Nominations: Danielle VS Neeley VS Shane
Eliminated Player: Shane (4-4, Scott broke tie) America voted to evict Danielle

Week 4
HOH: Kryssie
America's Care Package #3: Alex (Safety Servant - Can't be nominated, has to do BB's bidding for the HOH)
America's Have Nots: Jason, Neeley & Scott
Nominations: Morgan & Scott
America's Nomination: Neeley
Veto Winner: Morgan (Used on self, replaced with Whitney)
Final Nominations: Neeley VS Scott VS Whitney
Eliminated Player: Neeley (4-3) America voted to evict Neeley

Week 5
HOH: Danielle
America's Care Package #4: Shelby (Eliminate 3 eviction votes)
America's Have Nots: Justin, Kryssie & Whitney
Nominations: Shelby & Whitney
America's Nomination: Scott
Veto Winner: Danielle (Used on Whitney, replaced with Morgan)
Final Nominations: Morgan VS Scott VS Shelby
Eliminated Player: Scott (3-0) America voted to evict Scott

Week 6
HOH: Shelby
America's Care Package #5: Jason (Co-HOH)
America's Have Nots: Alex, Danielle & Morgan (Only possible selections)
Shelby Nomination: Whitney
Jason Nomination: Danielle
America's Nomination: Alex
Veto Winner: Jason (Used on Danielle, replaced with Morgan)
Final Nominations: Alex VS Morgan VS Whitney
Eliminated Player: Alex (4-0) America voted to evict Alex

Week 6 Double Eviction
HOH: Danielle
America's Care Package #6: Morgan (Safety Double Eviction Veto - Not Used)
Nomination: Whitney & Justin
Final Nominations: Whitney VS Justin
Eliminated Player: Whitney (2-2, Danielle breaks tie)

Week 7
HOH: Shelby
Nominations: Danielle & Jason
America's Nomination: Morgan
Veto Winner: Shelby (Used on Morgan, replaced with no one)
Final Nominations: Danielle VS Jason
Eliminated Player: Danielle (4-0) America voted to evict Danielle

Week 8
HOH: Morgan
America's Care Package #7: Justin wins by default (Competition for final four spot - Justin wins)
Nominations: Kryssie & Jason
Veto Winner: Jason (Used on self, replaced by Shelby)
Final Nominations: Kryssie VS Shelby
Eliminated Player: Shelby (2-0)

Week 9
HOH: Jason (Also gets to pick one Houseguest who goes to Final 3 with him)
HOH Final 3 Pick: Kryssie
Final Spot: Justin VS Morgan
Final Spot Winner: Morgan
Final Spot Loser: Justin leaves house

Final Three: Kryssie VS Jason VS Morgan
Final Three Member With Least Votes: Kryssie (Evicted)
Final Two: Jason VS Morgan
America's Choice: Morgan

Per Julie, Morgan wins with a 20,000 vote difference. Winner apparently moved back and forth from her to Jason throughout the day, finally ending on her with the most votes to win.

Teek fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Dec 2, 2016

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
Can this become BB18 in the official canon so we forget that horrible mess?

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
I wonder why they're waiting so long to reveal the HGs

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

Muddy Burphy posted:

I wonder why they're waiting so long to reveal the HGs

So they can wrap up coverage of the current season. They don't want to undercut themselves.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

SweetJahasus posted:

Can this become BB18 in the official canon so we forget that horrible mess?
This is going to be way worse

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD

Fast Luck posted:

This is going to be way worse

I know, but I'm just trying to somehow abolish the thought of a Nicole-winning season SOMEHOW.

Savahontas
Jun 13, 2005

I say..
Yea buddy!
Rolling like a big shot,
Chevy tuned up like a Nascar pitstop
Unpopular opinion: I thought the final 7 of BB18 redeemed themselves and I am LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS.

When Pigs Cry
Oct 23, 2012
Buglord
Granted, BB18 was the first season I really watched, I also thought it became almost watchable around the Ziggy Marley Recap Episode.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...

huggernaut posted:

Granted, BB18 was the first season I really watched, I also thought it became almost watchable around the Ziggy Marley Recap Episode.

AKA when they got Paulie out of the house

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
I wonder how this will change how the houseguests talk to the camera. I haven't watched Big Brother 1, but it just seems that with no jury, there's suddenly a lot of strategy that is dropped out of the final stretch of the game in favor of being a more likable person to the viewers in case you make it to the final two. As though there will be a lot more winking to the camera after certain things are said, confessionals are less honest and have more spin since the viewers are now the jury, etc.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

BottleKnight posted:

I wonder how this will change how the houseguests talk to the camera. I haven't watched Big Brother 1, but it just seems that with no jury, there's suddenly a lot of strategy that is dropped out of the final stretch of the game in favor of being a more likable person to the viewers in case you make it to the final two. As though there will be a lot more winking to the camera after certain things are said, confessionals are less honest and have more spin since the viewers are now the jury, etc.

The first big brother was horribly boring and caused me to stop watching until season 9

mancalamania
Oct 23, 2008

BottleKnight posted:

I think it could be a neat experiment. Jury management is just one small part of the strategy on these shows and is often the most likely to be ignored anyway, especially on Big Brother where the endgame is so chaotic and unpredictable because it is so dependent on the outcome of the comps. In the past 2 seasons, the only time I can think of anyone making a big strategic move to vote out a potential jury threat was Steve voting out Vanessa. Every other big move involves separating unbreakable Final 2s / showmances (Natalie, Corey), voting out comp threats (Victor x3), or voting out someone who has no clear loyalty because they have deals with everyone (Paulie). All of the strategy involved in these moves would (seemingly) be unchanged if the jury was replaced by America's vote.

The potential upside could be high: maybe players will be more willing to make more ruthless moves against their allies if there are no jury repercussions. And while America's vote could be finnicky, maybe it will be less finnicky than a potentially bitter or irrational jury, especially since it will be limited to people that are willing to pay to watch this silly show.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

mancalamania posted:

I think it could be a neat experiment. Jury management is just one small part of the strategy on these shows and is often the most likely to be ignored anyway, especially on Big Brother where the endgame is so chaotic and unpredictable because it is so dependent on the outcome of the comps. In the past 2 seasons, the only time I can think of anyone making a big strategic move to vote out a potential jury threat was Steve voting out Vanessa. Every other big move involves separating unbreakable Final 2s / showmances (Natalie, Corey), voting out comp threats (Victor x3), or voting out someone who has no clear loyalty because they have deals with everyone (Paulie). All of the strategy involved in these moves would (seemingly) be unchanged if the jury was replaced by America's vote.

The potential upside could be high: maybe players will be more willing to make more ruthless moves against their allies if there are no jury repercussions. And while America's vote could be finnicky, maybe it will be less finnicky than a potentially bitter or irrational jury, especially since it will be limited to people that are willing to pay to watch this silly show.

I agree with this, especially the last part. I assume if you're paying CBS money to watch Big Brother online, you actually like the format and understand how people play the game, and you're not just gonna vote the two cute white guys to the f2. (Or in this case, the person who was lumped to the f2 vs the person who masterminded it all.)

If this season creates a Lisa/Danielle situation by opening it up to public voting then this experiment would be a failure!

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I think it's important to keep in mind that we're still not sure how the final 2/3 will be determined. It sounds like the game itself will have the same flow up until the end, with HOHs nominating people and the House voting on who goes. It'll just change once we get into jury. Do you keep in someone the House likes or do you get rid of them because you fear America might also like them a lot? If you keep the rear end in a top hat, do you then look like an rear end in a top hat too?

I've thinking about the safety ceremony, and it sounds like it could be a new version of the nomination ceremony key removal from years past? Instead of pulling one key at a time, we'll get it spread over the weekend with the memory wall changing in some way.

As for the House itself, via MissCleoBB, who's proven reliable:

https://twitter.com/MissCleoBB/status/779504496946708480

https://twitter.com/MissCleoBB/status/779505774720528384

https://twitter.com/MissCleoBB/status/779592437974962176

Teek fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Sep 25, 2016

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

When I made the cute white guys crack I was talking about the main reason why I didn't watch Big Brother 1. Because with some things, America should not be trusted. I like the idea that we potentially get to vote on only somewhat consequential stuff and then get to vote for who wins after watching the whole season play out. It's a very cool combination of different Big Brother ideas.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Also something to keep in mind, I think the Live Feeders are a little less influenced on things versus the normal TV viewing public. It's usually the feeders who turn on people long before BB finally caves to showing certain behavior.

I'm hoping they lean heavily on the voting rewards/punishments in OTT. Throw in some really stupid crap too. "Who has to wear this costume for the week?" "Which two houseguests have to be handcuffed together?" Also bring back the votes on Have Nots foods like they did in the last two previous years.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

I find Have Nots to be just an annoyance for me as a viewer. All it does it make people complain it seems, which isn't good viewing. I get the concept of it as a potential strategy to weaken certain players, but it just seems lame over all. I am down for punishments though. Stuff like having to do a task at certain intervals, wearing something ridiculous or even uncomfortable, being handcuffed to people are all way more interesting than slop and cold showers because they have an immediate impact for the viewer.

mancalamania
Oct 23, 2008

ToastyPotato posted:

I find Have Nots to be just an annoyance for me as a viewer. All it does it make people complain it seems, which isn't good viewing. I get the concept of it as a potential strategy to weaken certain players, but it just seems lame over all. I am down for punishments though. Stuff like having to do a task at certain intervals, wearing something ridiculous or even uncomfortable, being handcuffed to people are all way more interesting than slop and cold showers because they have an immediate impact for the viewer.

I definitely agree with this. It's so weird and pointless that they even bothered with Have Nots this season since almost none of it made the show after the first week. I think the only times it was even mentioned on the show were Natalie's Never Not pass, one or two lines about Corey being too big for the bumper cars, and the squid as Have Not food.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Cast reveal is in a few hours. Really not sure what I want out of it, after Zakiyah totally failed to deliver on her pre-show appeal last season.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

I ignore cast reveals every year because there's a lot of BS in them. Since we are finally going to see Day 1, it will be more interesting to just see people feeling each other out than dumb pre-entry interviews and blurbs where they are coached to talk about things half of them will never ever do in the game.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Cast now up:

http://www.cbs.com/shows/big-brother-over-the-top/cast/

Pulling for Cornbread. :banjo:

Scott, Whitney, Neeley, Alex and Kryssie (possibly?, I mean she referenced Casey of all people) seem to be fans of the show to some degree, making reference to long ago seasons.

Alex: "Least is James Huling from Season 18. I can’t stand how he and everyone else this season wants to make a decision as a house vote."

You know exactly the right thing to say Alex. She appears to be a huge dork. :3:

She and Morgan are sisters, looks like a few years age difference between them.

Hollywood Reporter with some interviews: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/lists/big-brother-ott-houseguests-932201/item/monte-massongill-big-brother-top-932172?utm_source=twitter

They actually asked if they applied or were recruited, which most answered.

Teek fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Sep 26, 2016

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
Cornbread is amazing, I kind of hope this is a Joe Shom season.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Teek posted:

Cast now up:

http://www.cbs.com/shows/big-brother-over-the-top/cast/

She and Morgan are sisters, looks like a few years age difference between them.

Dammit, I hate this. Stop giving random HG's automatic advantages before the game even starts.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Coming so soon after Liz and Julia, I have to think people might be more wary of that.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

God drat, I was ever thinking of watching this the reality of having to deal with Jozea or Jason again would be enough to talk me out of it.

I haven't paid any attention to this because I burned out hard a month ago, but am I right that this is basically just the UK/Season 1 version of the game where the viewers vote people out? Because I hate that. I'm mildly curious about the sisters or something but I really hate the non US/Canadian version of this game.

I mean, unless Big Brother is about to gain sentience and start loving with them like he does in the other countries. Then maybe I'll watch.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

I like that they literally couldn't bring themselves to just cast 12 people, they had to throw in sisters.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

STAC Goat posted:

I haven't paid any attention to this because I burned out hard a month ago, but am I right that this is basically just the UK/Season 1 version of the game where the viewers vote people out? Because I hate that. I'm mildly curious about the sisters or something but I really hate the non US/Canadian version of this game.

It seems like the House will still be voting out people, but the final winner will be chosen by America. America will also be choosing some other random things.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

That Whitney girl doesn't live too far away. She's never been farther than Western Kentucky.

I predict an enlightening trip.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Mob posted:

That Whitney girl doesn't live too far away. She's never been farther than Western Kentucky.

I predict an enlightening trip.

And she's from a place called Whitesburg Ky, I'm sure it's super enlightened.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

sbaldrick posted:

And she's from a place called Whitesburg Ky Hazzard County.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...
As someone who lives in the south and hears southern accents on the reg.... Whitney's is just too much.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I like how the bro'd out dude's last name is a brand of douche

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/big-brother-over-the-top-preview-cbs-all-access-191817300.html

Grodner posted:

Well, obviously you just mentioned the biggest thing, and it’s that the audience will be choosing the winner in the end. They will be crowning the winner of Big Brother and [awarding] a quarter million dollar prize. The audience will be very involved with the game, and a lot of that will be revealed specifically in that first week. We can tell you that they will be involved in nominations.

Meehan posted:

And the eviction vote… We feel like by choosing the winner and adding a cast member and then having a role in nominations and evictions, fans are really going to have a heavy hand in the strategy and making a difference in the game like never before.

Hmm, America gets a nominee and an eviction vote maybe?

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/big-brother-ott-producers-overview-932914

They also talk in that one about the double meaning of the title, which I didn't realize:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Over-the-top_content

Teek fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Sep 27, 2016

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

House revamp pics:

http://www.eonline.com/au/photos/19544/check-out-the-new-big-brother-over-the-top-house

Some rooms got complete makeovers, the rest got minor tweaks. No big changes to the woodwork/paneling. You can see some fall vibes in there, with the haunted house Have Not for Halloween and a lot of orange/browns.

For comparison:

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Back to back seasons means the ants will finally overtake the studio and establish a sovereign nation.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
Eliminating the "managing the jury" dynamic ought to make for some interesting mid-to-late game play.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Live introductions and move in scheduled to start in about 7 minutes. Hoping for the best.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Teek posted:

Live introductions and move in scheduled to start in about 7 minutes. Hoping for the best.

I'm the one in chat going YAAAAAS QUEEEEEN after every female introduction

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Illegal Hen
I've never claimed to be anything other than a huge dork, but even I want to give Scott a huge swirly and then take his lunch money.

• Locked thread