Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pleasing Shape
Jan 9, 2004

The Vitally Important Pelvic Thrust
Cornbread is getting feedster wrath because he talked about "jewing someone down" during a story. Monte has also said a couple of things about "not wanting a mad black woman coming after him". I expect things like that to stop now that they know about the online nomination, and they've likely been scolded by production.

I for one am really liking this cast. It definitely feels like BB Lite (they probably spent about 200 bucks on the first HOH comp, and the recorded Julie announcements remind me of the President in Wall-E) but there's a lot more life in these people that makes the random conversations a lot more watchable. Justin is feeds gold, Kryssie is a timebomb waiting to be triggered, and there's still the potential drama of an Alex/Morgan reveal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
The "America can't nominate the same person back to back weeks" rule seems like prime material to keep a Cornbread/Monte switch off going every week until one is gone. At some point if you're playing do you just keep them in so they're always the third nominee?

mancalamania
Oct 23, 2008
I really like the wrinkle of no replacement nominee if America's nominee wins the veto since it means boring backdoor plans become much harder to implement.

Pleasing Shape
Jan 9, 2004

Teek posted:

The "America can't nominate the same person back to back weeks" rule seems like prime material to keep a Cornbread/Monte switch off going every week until one is gone. At some point if you're playing do you just keep them in so they're always the third nominee?

It would take a minimum of two weeks for the rest of them to believe "America" (feedsters) wants them out, and three to confirm it. In that time Shane/M/CB can do a lot to strengthen their position. There's a lot of griping about Monte powertripping so he's got to calm that down first.

My concern is the care packages, whatever they turn out to be. Isn't that just going to backfire and get the fan-favorite HG's targeted and evicted once the rest of them realize who "America" likes?

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Possibly? It really depends on what the powers are I guess. The America's Nominee vote rules seems to hint at one of them.

Earlier today the Julie explanation videos leaked for the rules of these votes:

For America's care package:
- Each contains an advantage.
- Houseguests can only receive one package, unless all HGs left in the game have received a package.
- There will be a list of the care packages and the order they are delivered during voting.

For Have Nots:
- Normal punishments: Week in Have Not room, Cold Showers, Slop.
- Have Not cannot be not be a Have Not two weeks in a row.
- HOH is not eligible.

For America's eviction vote:
- One additional eviction vote.
- Eviction votes are private, so America's Eviction vote will not be revealed to the houseguests .

America's Nominee:
- Should America's nominee be removed by POV or Care Package there will not be a replacement nominee.
- America cannot nominate the same Houseguest two weeks in a row.

Teek fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Oct 3, 2016

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
Jason seems kind of resigned to being voted out if he doesn't win veto. Maybe he's just setting low expectations for a campaign if he doesn't with POV, and maybe America (most likely) nominating Cornbread could change things, but I think there's a pretty high chance Jason will be voted out first due to his built-in fanbase. I think if they do OTT again they'll need to put 2 returning HG's in the house to balance out that factor.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
A fan based season shouldn't have anyone with a built in fanbase coming in...

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

ToastyPotato posted:

A fan based season shouldn't have anyone with a built in fanbase coming in...

:agreed: Though I don't know how popular Jason really is. I was surprised to pull up jokers and see Shelby as the #1 houseguest, she did not make a very good first impression with me, but i haven't really been watching the feeds.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
Yesterday morning someone (I think Jason?) went up to Alex and asked if she was Alex or Morgan. Later that night Alex pulled Morgan aside and said that when they're in the house she needs to be dolled up at all times (full makeup, eyelash extensions, not wearing glasses, etc). There was surprisingly little pushback from Morgan.

I'm very pro Shelby and anti Monte

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Shelby is fairly popular because she's snarky as hell about everyone and everything without being overly mean about it. That could change eventually, but for now it's a solid balance. She also does a scrunch thing with her face which makes it look like she's either constantly worried or constipated, which is also amusing to see.

Yeah, the Alex/Morgan conversation yesterday was one of the few real strategy status updates we got about how they're trying to play it off. Or at least how Alex is trying to play it off, since she seems way more invested/worried in keeping it straight. She explained to Morgan that she was worried about the third nominee vote, because she felt she had held too much in and not talked as much because she was afraid of saying something similar about herself or her background that would match up with Morgan. As a result America wouldn't really know as much about her and not like her. I think all the women in the house are fine for now, Whitney seems like the lowest in their group of four.

Whitney, Alex, Morgan and Shelby have yet to name their group, which is smart to some degree since it offers some deniability. For now they're a voting block, but they're in an alliance for all intents and purposes.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...

Teek posted:

Whitney, Alex, Morgan and Shelby have yet to name their group, which is smart to some degree since it offers some deniability. For now they're a voting block, but they're in an alliance for all intents and purposes.

I thought they called themselves the Plastics, but maybe that's just what people on Twitter were calling them.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I think that was a name given to them by someone in the house and fans started using it, but I'm not sure they're aware of it.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...
When I started watching the feeds yesterday the houseguests were on lockdown outside. When they were allowed to go back in a couple HGs made a comment that Justin messed something up, and when they got back in the house he was immediately called to DR. Does anyone know what happened? I assume it was a cooking mishap but as soon as they asked him about what happened in DR the "Please don't talk about the Diary Room" blurb came over the speakers

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

He tried to open the emergency exit.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

He tried to push on one of the emergency exit doors. I believe it was one of the unmarked outside panels which is actually just one of the yard access gates for moving in the competition materials.

For what it's worth, Jason also admitted to Justin last night that he got voted in over another alumnus. Not sure if he'll tell anyone else or if it will leak, but it's now out in the house.

Edit: Cornbread was America's nominee. Alex and Whitney also playing in Veto. Shane hosting.

Teek fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Oct 4, 2016

violetdragon
Jul 27, 2006

RAWR

Pleasing Shape posted:

Cornbread is getting feedster wrath because he talked about "jewing someone down" during a story.

I can't even figure out what that's supposed to mean.

Teek posted:

For America's eviction vote:
- One additional eviction vote.
- Eviction votes are private, so America's Eviction vote will not be revealed to the houseguests.

So Julie won't be saying "by a vote of number to number, name has been evicted," I guess? That could get interesting and induce paranoia.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

No, it just means it won't identify who America voted for.

So in a 9-0 vote, America voted with the majority obviously. With an 8-1 vote, America could be the 1, or could be voting with the majority while someone else voted against. They won't know. If they're willing, they can try to compare notes by claiming they voted a certain way, but I'm sure there will still be doubt there. I like that aspect of it.

Of the things being tried out this season, this is one of the few I would really like to see on the summer show.

Teek fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Oct 3, 2016

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...

violetdragon posted:

I can't even figure out what that's supposed to mean.

I think it has something to do with haggling a price.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

For essentially the first time, we finally have a feed blackout. I'm guessing this is temporarily while Heath reads out rules or instructions.

Edit: Comp now ongoing. Veto Safe comp, need to crack a four digit safe code containing the veto. There are four changes made in the house which help point to the numbers. Seems like some new goldfish in a new fishbowl, flowers have been added in a new vase, there's new VETO letter magnets spelled out on the fridge, with the T offset. The HGs are thinking that's a 4, but the T may mean it's a three?

Edit #2: Jason won veto! 2449 was the code, two dining chairs added, four magnet letters, four sunflowers and nine fish.

Teek fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Oct 3, 2016

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...
It seems like Shelby might be the target now for reasons I'm not entirely sure of.

Her going home + nobody challenging the bro alliance will probably equal the end of me watching.

Pleasing Shape
Jan 9, 2004

Muddy Burphy posted:

It seems like Shelby might be the target now for reasons I'm not entirely sure of.

Her going home + nobody challenging the bro alliance will probably equal the end of me watching.

Both sides are sketchy about her but it sounded to me like it's Kryssie this week, or possibly Cornbread who had a meltdown last night about Shelby over something she said, I haven't been able to find what it specifically was. Both Monte and Shane were OK with him going this week.

Also Alex/Morgan/Whitney were talking about what votes it would take to get out Danielle. So it's anybody's guess right now.

Just as I was wondering if Monte was going to be a true villain he was talking about Jason being snarky about Whitney and decided it was because Whitney is a "Southern girl who wants to raise children and that's what makes our country great" :barf:

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

SCOOP IT!

he knows...

Pleasing Shape posted:

Both sides are sketchy about her but it sounded to me like it's Kryssie this week, or possibly Cornbread who had a meltdown last night about Shelby over something she said, I haven't been able to find what it specifically was. Both Monte and Shane were OK with him going this week.

Also Alex/Morgan/Whitney were talking about what votes it would take to get out Danielle. So it's anybody's guess right now.

Just as I was wondering if Monte was going to be a true villain he was talking about Jason being snarky about Whitney and decided it was because Whitney is a "Southern girl who wants to raise children and that's what makes our country great" :barf:

Monte is a doofus that I want out of the house ASAP, but all Jason has brought to the table is being snarky and playing poorly minus the veto.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
If I want to watch the HoH comp how would I do it?

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Which one? The first one or the one tomorrow after the episode? It will be on the feeds. It's all feeds so far. They just cut in with whatever pre-packaged thing they have made.

The weekday recaps cut into the feeds at around 7 PM PST and run for around 4-6 minutes. I expect the Wednesday live episode, eviction and competition will be the same way.

Currently on the feeds we're seeing the swimsuit photos being taken. A first! It's weird seeing production in the backyard talking to them.

Production: "Put on more oil!"
~ Houseguests drench themselves with more water and oil.

Shelby is first up to get her photo taken ~
Shelby: "I don't know how to pose in a bikini, I'm not a ho." Hahah.

Teek fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Oct 4, 2016

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Veto ceremony just happened live on the feeds. Again it looked rough as hell and not made for TV. Kryssie was the replacement. She's been rubbing everyone the wrong way these last few days, so not a huge surprise.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Teek posted:

Veto ceremony just happened live on the feeds. Again it looked rough as hell and not made for TV. Kryssie was the replacement. She's been rubbing everyone the wrong way these last few days, so not a huge surprise.

The Veto comp was the Combo in the house right? I was watching a little of that. I'm hoping that they smooth things as the show goes on. I was listening to RHAP and Rob hit on something that I would really enjoy. Have like Jeff and Jordon or someone like that do a Sportscenter-esque panel where they throw to stuff happening and show us clips instead of trying to guess what to watch.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Yeah, the competition was the safe thing yesterday.

Agree 100% on some more "produced" content.

In my imaginations of how this came to be, BBOTT seems like Heath's baby based on how much interaction he's been having on Twitter about the show and with the Houseguests via the house PA system. CBS probably said, hey, we can you do a version of Big brother for 10% of the budget of the CBS show? Heath ran some numbers and said they could if they made it a shorter season, cut jury, cut down the elaborate competitions and cut down the extended production staff requirements of the CBS versions of the shows. It this proves popular enough, I'm guessing we'll get some budget increases in future seasons. Hopefully that will include some more "episodes" and possibly a separate channel for those, instead of cutting into the live feeds.

Teek fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Oct 4, 2016

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
Lack of focus for me is killing this 100x more than I thought it would. I'm not a fan of how the normal broadcast episodes are handled, since they attempt to create their own narrative, but some kind of central, semi regular, produced... THING would be cool for someone like me. It would be cool to have super knowledgable people talking shop and give their opinion on whats happening a few times a week. The sportscenter comparison is a pretty good one.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Hell, even talk to RHAP about some type of official show would be great.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Teek posted:

I feel like there are a ton of very easy, low-cost ideas for content that would add a lot of value to this sort of season. Instead, it's like either be a feeder or bust.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Teek posted:

There is a Reality TV Rhappy Hour Podcast that they do. I don't know if it's daily or not.

Savahontas
Jun 13, 2005

I say..
Yea buddy!
Rolling like a big shot,
Chevy tuned up like a Nascar pitstop
I never watched the live feeds before and I am finding it impossible to make the transition. It doesn't help that the flashback feature is constantly broken for me. I see on reddit other people have this same issue.

I downloaded BBViewer and I am hoping that helps.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

BBViewer is great, not sure how much people are adding their own bookmarks this time, but those were consistently good for the summer season.

violetdragon
Jul 27, 2006

RAWR

Teek posted:

BBViewer is great, not sure how much people are adding their own bookmarks this time, but those were consistently good for the summer season.

Bookmarks?

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

In BBViewer, it's under Tools, then Bookmarks. Users can submit Flashback Bookmarks for important events, conversations and ceremonies. Click the bookmark to immediately flashback to it. BBViewer also has an alternate Bookmark option for events submitted by Reddit users, those are typically for dumb or crazy crap.

Edit: Live DRs now ongoing on Feed 4. Houseguests being called in one by one and getting around 6-7 questions to answer. This is first real opportunity to get real talk from them, since the recaps only include a few really brief DRs.

Teek fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Oct 5, 2016

Pleasing Shape
Jan 9, 2004

Teek posted:

Edit: Live DRs now ongoing on Feed 4. Houseguests being called in one by one and getting around 6-7 questions to answer. This is first real opportunity to get real talk from them, since the recaps only include a few really brief DRs.

Just going from Shane's, I can see now why the normal DRs are so sing-songy and overdone. Tell them what to say and how to say it so you don't have to edit that rambling word salad into a 20-second clip worthy of network television. I do hope this becomes a regular feature because it forces strategy talk out of people who don't normally want to say anything, even when the room's empty like James and Nicole would do.

Per Shane's DR it sounds like they're voting out Cornbread because he made another anti-Semitic remark and they think that's what got him the viewer nomination. Scott especially wants to avoid being tied to someone saying "ignorant poo poo". Although pretty much everyone is saying Kryssie and Shelby are going to be next week's targets, it's anybody's guess what actually happens. There's no definite alliance borders at all and no discipline in anyone's strategy. They could easily flip around and get Kryssie out tomorrow.

In other BB news, Hillary Clinton retweeted Frankie Grande. Yeah.

Edit: loving LOL at Justin's. 7:55 Cam 4. If they had put him in BB18 he'd have been bigger than Johnny Mac.

Pleasing Shape fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Oct 5, 2016

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

RHAP with Meech talking about BBOTT:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpuCZb29RyE

violetdragon
Jul 27, 2006

RAWR

Teek posted:

In BBViewer, it's under Tools, then Bookmarks. Users can submit Flashback Bookmarks for important events, conversations and ceremonies. Click the bookmark to immediately flashback to it. BBViewer also has an alternate Bookmark option for events submitted by Reddit users, those are typically for dumb or crazy crap.

How have I used BBViewer for years and never noticed this? Too bad the BB18 feeds archive is gone. :(

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

violetdragon posted:

How have I used BBViewer for years and never noticed this? Too bad the BB18 feeds archive is gone. :(

It's not! In BBViewer, go to File, Videos. Select CBS All Access, Live Feeds, then select to load the Season 18 Live Feeds archive. The bookmarks will then load for that season! Looks like Bookmarks are still also there for season 17, 16 and 15.

It's a really cool stealth feature that All Access has via BBViewer. CBS hasn't dumped the video archives for the last few seasons, so as long as you are an All Access subscriber, you can view anything from those seasons.

Teek fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Oct 5, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

violetdragon
Jul 27, 2006

RAWR

Teek posted:

It's not! In BBViewer, go to File, Videos. Select CBS All Access, Live Feeds, then select to load the Season 18 Live Feeds archive. The bookmarks will then load for that season! Looks like Bookmarks are still also there for season 17, 16 and 15.

It's a really cool stealth feature that All Access has via BBViewer. CBS hasn't dumped the video archives for the last few seasons, so as long as you are an All Access subscriber, you can view anything from those seasons.

:neckbeard:

Can you also get flashback to work for old seasons?

• Locked thread