Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

This america voting poo poo sucks rear end and makes the season way less interesting to me because it's near impossible to plan more than a week or so ahead. With the extra nominee and the eviction vote and the care package there's just too much random poo poo in play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
I agree, give America an eviction vote and possibly a Have Not vote.

The big push to get Danielle America's vote looks like it will end up failing.

Scott tried to play an angle to encourage Shane to throw a vote on Kryssie, but I don't think that took.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

No love for Monte from America, he's voted out 5-4.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Scott won HOH! Yay, now to finally get America to put one of the Jamboree on the block.

Fallen One
May 1, 2007

" Whoa! Death? He's come for me!... Death is sleeping too..."

Teek posted:

Scott won HOH! Yay, now to finally get America to put one of the Jamboree on the block.

That would be swell. What do you thinks the odds are though? I imagine Scott will put up two of Krissy, Danielle, and Neely and the first two seem the most likeliest of the Jamboree to get put up by America.

I hope the group that has won HOH three weeks in a row finally gets to get out one of their targets but I'm doubtful.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Yeah, it'll be ridiculous if the HOH winners continually lose alliance members week after week. There is no winning scenario other than winning HOH and veto each week.

If the Have Not votes and the third nominee go against the Plastics this week, you can write this season off. It's loving ridiculous the power Jason's Twitter fans have. Most of the BB fan sites have a modicum of give and take on both sides, the BBOTT Twitter feed is infuriating.

Teek fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Oct 13, 2016

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
The game will be infinitely better once Jason is out.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Welcome to Big Brother Over The Top: Where HOH Means Nothing

Seriously this is terrible. The America's Nominee thing is by far the absolute worst part.

gently caress Monte or whatever, but this is so pointless to watch given the way its structured. You can win HOH and have it make no difference. There's no need to jury pander because they're not deciding poo poo. You pretty much have to win every competition to have anything work out in your favor.

This is a fun game to watch when it's actually strategic but strategy is futile this season. They should've put James on here because this is pretty much Big Brother if you had to structure it in a way to guarantee James won. There's every incentive to throw HOH. It doesn't matter if you lie to anyone. The only significant thing is if America likes you.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

sportsgenius86 posted:

Welcome to Big Brother Over The Top: Where HOH Means Nothing

Seriously this is terrible. The America's Nominee thing is by far the absolute worst part.

gently caress Monte or whatever, but this is so pointless to watch given the way its structured. You can win HOH and have it make no difference. There's no need to jury pander because they're not deciding poo poo. You pretty much have to win every competition to have anything work out in your favor.

This is a fun game to watch when it's actually strategic but strategy is futile this season. They should've put James on here because this is pretty much Big Brother if you had to structure it in a way to guarantee James won. There's every incentive to throw HOH. It doesn't matter if you lie to anyone. The only significant thing is if America likes you.

I find myself in the precarious position where I agree with everything that you just said and hoe it makes this season suboptimal but I still like a lot of these people and enjoy the game. I think if they got rid of America's nominee it would really fix most of everything.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

BottleKnight posted:

I think if they got rid of America's nominee it would really fix most of everything.

I agree, and it's not that this is necessarily broken per se. But on a season with a returning player or with a sibling of a former player, it's broken as gently caress. One the reasons why some people always asked for the third America's nominee is that it would give a less powerful alliances a chance to strike back through fan support. But when the less powerful alliances are winning HOH and still lose people because a returnee is in with a larger alliance, it's ridiculous.

Teek fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Oct 13, 2016

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
I'm in agreement. Individually I like all of the "Americas ____" whatever. When you throw them all together though it's too much.

mancalamania
Oct 23, 2008
An easy fix to the HoH-means-nothing problem is have America vote for the third nominee after the first safety ceremony. This way, the HoH can save all or most of their alliance (at the cost of possibly exposing their alliance), but America can still nominate someone annoying and have some influence in the game. You also could get some interesting strategy, where the HoH has to decide who of their allies is most likely to need safety from America's nomination and prioritize their safety accordingly.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

mancalamania posted:

An easy fix to the HoH-means-nothing problem is have America vote for the third nominee after the first safety ceremony. This way, the HoH can save all or most of their alliance (at the cost of possibly exposing their alliance), but America can still nominate someone annoying and have some influence in the game. You also could get some interesting strategy, where the HoH has to decide who of their allies is most likely to need safety from America's nomination and prioritize their safety accordingly.

Ooh, I like this. I like this a lot.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Scott won the Care Package, yay. Now just don't do the stupid thing and pick Diamond Power of Veto.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Danielle, Shelby and Alex (!?) are Have Nots. The Alex thing is confusing a lot of people, since most of the fan polls had Kryssie as the third. Must have been vote splitting and the Twitter Jason horde. I have a bad fear about the America's nominee this week. If the Jason horde get their way this week with that, there's no hope going forward.

Plastics/Ballsmashers need to finally win a drat veto.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

America came through. Danielle is the third nominee. Alex and Justin pulled for veto.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Thank God

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...
I think Kryssie's "reading the rulebook to try to get Scott in trouble" tactic will get her fast-tracked out of the house.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Muddy Burphy posted:

I think Kryssie's "reading the rulebook to try to get Scott in trouble" tactic will get her fast-tracked out of the house.

Can you elaborate on this more?

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Scott called her out in a nomination speech after he didn't make her safe. She threw a fit afterwards and whined about it. Want to read the devastation he laid upon her? "Kryssie, I think both you and I are mental giants in this game, I feel like unfortunately we have two very different approaches to the game. I feel like there are certain group activities which you have trouble feeling comfortable and that's why I nominated you."

Absolutely uncalled for! :rolleyes:

Edit: Justin and Alex won veto. Was a knockout comp. Final three were Alex, Justin and Danielle. Justin was up and got to choose from the other two and chose Danielle. Because Scott chose double veto, Alex automatically got one with that decision. Justin then beat Danielle and she started crying. Drama is sure to ensue because of this.

Teek fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Oct 17, 2016

violetdragon
Jul 27, 2006

RAWR

Teek posted:

Edit: Justin and Alex won veto. Was a knockout comp. Final three were Alex, Justin and Danielle. Justin was up and got to choose from the other two and chose Danielle. Because Scott chose double veto, Alex automatically got one with that decision. Justin then beat Danielle and she started crying. Drama is sure to ensue because of this.

Has Justin switched sides or did he just not think that decision all the way through?

Paul is hosting the HOH competition on Wednesday, according to his Twitter.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Justin isn't a big fan of the showmance. He also had stated previously he wanted to save Kryssie from the block with the veto. Scott and the Ballsmashers knew this and were okay with it. I think there might be some degree of him not really thinking everything through, so maybe have could have won it more cleanly. He's been doing the best so far in terms of playing nicely with Scott and the Ballsmashers as well, so I think he felt good either way.

Teek fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Oct 18, 2016

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

hahahha one of the daily recaps called Scott the Ballsmashers' "Virgin King"

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I love how Neeley and Kryssie are apparently these body-positive women yet constantly refer to the other women as heifers.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Yeah, Neeley has become completely obnoxious with her completely hypocritical ranting about the behavior of the Ballsmashers being happy. It's one thing to do that as strategy and cop to it in DR, but no, she's just really like that.

Well the worst possible HG of course won HOH last night. Here's hoping America can screw her over with an Alex Safety package, and a Neely third nominee. Would be hilarious. And if Neely doesn't come down, there's a strong chance she goes home with the help of an America's eviction vote.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
What is the care package this week?

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Super Safety Servant. Winner can't be nominated and also has to do BB's bidding for the HOH when called. Quite a number of people are aiming to get it to Alex, since she's one of Kryssie's backdoor targets.

Fedelm
Apr 21, 2013

It's called Ursa Major, not Ursula Merger. And that's not even it. That's Orion.
I can't wait to see how Neeley will make good on her promise to help bridge the gross and unnecessary divide in the house.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Alex got the Care Package this week.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Teek posted:

Alex got the Care Package this week.

There is a God and he is good

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Alex has been given a maid costume. It's marked by like a belt of orange and yellow safety colors. BB's first task for her was to give Kryssie a compliment, a few minutes later, it was to give her a piece of fruit. Kryssie seems amused/annoyed by it. Hahah.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I feel bad for Alex for having to do this, but I'm happy Kryssie can't nom or backdoor her.

EDIT: What happened to Neely to make her drop in the Jokers ratings?

SalTheBard fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Oct 22, 2016

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

SalTheBard posted:

I feel bad for Alex for having to do this, but I'm happy Kryssie can't nom or backdoor her.

EDIT: What happened to Neely to make her drop in the Jokers ratings?

I assume because she's allied with Kryssie, who has become a very disliked HG? Because I really like Neeley and think she's playing a great social game.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Neeley completely tanked this last week. Mainly for calling out the Ballsmashers for ridiculous poo poo, all the while acting like a complete rear end. She turned into a big hypocrite for then doing the same behavior, to a much larger degree, then what the Ballsmashers ever did.

She and Kryssie also got into a tiff earlier today which was amusing, since Kryssie was getting pissed she felt that the other LNJ were running her HOH for her.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Neeley, Jason and Scott selected as Have Nots.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I'm not tuning in for this one, but is Jason doing the same thing he did last time where he talks a big game then smokes and bitches about everyone not within 10 feet of him like a disgruntled lunchlady at the BINGO Hall this season?

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD

Professor Shark posted:

I'm not tuning in for this one, but is Jason doing the same thing he did last time where he talks a big game then smokes and bitches about everyone not within 10 feet of him like a disgruntled lunchlady at the BINGO Hall this season?

Every time I've turned on the feeds, yes.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

He seems to be more self-aware, but somehow he continues to do all the same poo poo.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

What a waste

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Jason thought he was the smartest guy in the house the first time, I can only imagine how arrogant he is being the only vet in the house.

• Locked thread