Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

Muddy Burphy posted:

I wonder why they're waiting so long to reveal the HGs

So they can wrap up coverage of the current season. They don't want to undercut themselves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

I find Have Nots to be just an annoyance for me as a viewer. All it does it make people complain it seems, which isn't good viewing. I get the concept of it as a potential strategy to weaken certain players, but it just seems lame over all. I am down for punishments though. Stuff like having to do a task at certain intervals, wearing something ridiculous or even uncomfortable, being handcuffed to people are all way more interesting than slop and cold showers because they have an immediate impact for the viewer.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

I ignore cast reveals every year because there's a lot of BS in them. Since we are finally going to see Day 1, it will be more interesting to just see people feeling each other out than dumb pre-entry interviews and blurbs where they are coached to talk about things half of them will never ever do in the game.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

I like that they literally couldn't bring themselves to just cast 12 people, they had to throw in sisters.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Back to back seasons means the ants will finally overtake the studio and establish a sovereign nation.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Are the feeds down? I get an error saying it hasn't started yet, and a blank box.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

sbaldrick posted:

So Kryisse or however its spelled has done fetish poem.

Fetish poetry seems a bit weird, but who am I to hate on people's art?

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

There was something about an AMA that was linked. Or was that the other thread?

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

A fan based season shouldn't have anyone with a built in fanbase coming in...

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Lack of focus for me is killing this 100x more than I thought it would. I'm not a fan of how the normal broadcast episodes are handled, since they attempt to create their own narrative, but some kind of central, semi regular, produced... THING would be cool for someone like me. It would be cool to have super knowledgable people talking shop and give their opinion on whats happening a few times a week. The sportscenter comparison is a pretty good one.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Viewers getting power is fine, especially in this OTT format, except they put someone in the house, and only one person, who had a built in fanbase. It doesn't matter how few fans you think he has, he has a major advantage in this game that the others don't have. Having a returning HG was a mistake for OTT.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Teek posted:

Yep. You can jump around and watch anything. BB15 is the oldest season still up, though I'm not sure that's exactly quality viewing.

How does this work? I found extra crap like clips and interviews in BBViewer, but not the old feeds themselves?

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Thanks! I wonder if CBS plans on keeping the old feeds up. Was BB15 the first non Real Player season?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Teek posted:

I think so? I wonder if some day they'll bake the old feeds into the CBS website, instead of just being a workaround hidden feature.

It's weird that they haven't, considering how completely accessible they are via BBviewer. It's a shame that the realplayer feeds are probably lost forever though.

• Locked thread