Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
Also those Pats unis were loving ugly. Bring back the AFL unis already as a throwback, good lord.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I did find it odd in the offseason when Texans fans joined in on laughing at the Lions for driving away another generational talent without a ring, because that's exactly what's going to happen with Watt and there isn't a person in the world who doesn't see it coming

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

So uh PFF sure takes awhile to make sure they got things right:

https://twitter.com/PFF/status/779165139664793600

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

I did find it odd in the offseason when Texans fans joined in on laughing at the Lions for driving away another generational talent without a ring, because that's exactly what's going to happen with Watt and there isn't a person in the world who doesn't see it coming

That's more because watt is an insane maniac who is doomed to die on the field regardless of team

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
The have four guys grading real-time now. It's super efficient without sacrificing any accuracy :rolleye:

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Couple stats from the game:

1st Patriots shut out since 2012.

Brissett's 27 yard touchdown run was the longest touchdown run by a Patriots QB since Steve Grogan's 41 yard td run in 1976.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

NC-17 posted:

The Texans made so many weird choices on 3rd down in this game and never even tried stretching the field while the game was still competitive. Meanwhile their defense apparently forgot how to tackle.

It's like Kubiak never left

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
What the gently caress happened?

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Bad Moon posted:

https://twitter.com/PatBradley_/status/779137292187365376

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster
The Patriots ran loving option plays

With 3 days to prepare, they incorporated an entirely new concept into their offense to play to the strengths of their 3rd string QB,
and it worked like a loving charm

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
^^--Those are not his strengths

What I get from this is that CBS is lying or Jacoby Brissett plays like twice as fast as he tests.

That or guys who are actually fast haven't broken off a good run so far.

e: After thinking about it for a second that's probably it. Brissett had absolutely nothing in front of him until the very end, so he had time to get up to top speed. QBs who are known to run usually have to at least make a small move at some point.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Sep 23, 2016

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I wonder what Peyton's speed was on one of his naked boot TDs

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster

Grittybeard posted:

^^--Those are not his strengths

Well his strengths sure as poo poo ain't passing

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

How the gently caress do the Patriots keep getting away with it

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Magicpants posted:

With 3 days to prepare, they incorporated an entirely new concept into their offense to play to the strengths of their 3rd string QB,
and it worked like a loving charm

And this right here is the reason the Patriots are loving unbelievable. Pulling a new playbook in 3 days for a new QB and having it actually work out to any degree?

BrownThunder posted:

How the gently caress do the Patriots keep getting away with it

The question is more how the gently caress most of the other teams get away with being so utterly incompetent at the thing they're supposed to be doing. :v:

Naturally Selected fucked around with this message at 06:34 on Sep 23, 2016

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Bad Moon posted:

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Metapod posted:

That's more because watt is an insane maniac who is doomed to die on the field regardless of team

yea Watt is some kinda time lost samurai who will only accept a death if it's on the battlefield. You gotta factor that in when talking about loyalty to a team. Many can give him a ring, but only here in Houston can he die with honor when some dude makes his body explode finally.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Magicpants posted:

Whitney Mercilus probably should've killed Brissett on this one:

Option

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

So does each player get a copy of the trophy or does he just have 3 of them for some reason?

LEGO Genetics
Oct 8, 2013

She growls as she storms the stadium
A villain mean and rough
And the cops all shake and quiver and quake
as she stabs them with her cuffs
Is there even a point in existing anymore?

Not one team in this league can beat the Pats while they're at their weakest?

I mean gently caress me guys, why not just give them the rest of the season off, a number one seed and an automatic AFC championship game appearance at this rate?

They would have one this game 6-0 shutout with special teams alone!

I just can't even...

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

Kalli posted:

Option

That is just unbelievable.

Part of the way to stop teams running the option on you is to just pop the QB - I get that Mercilus is the outside edge, but then commit one way or another. He's beaten whether or not it's pitched there. Just fuckin lay out Brissett, maybe NE thinks twice about option plays. It's like teams just brain fart out basic fundamentals when playing NE.

LEGO Genetics
Oct 8, 2013

She growls as she storms the stadium
A villain mean and rough
And the cops all shake and quiver and quake
as she stabs them with her cuffs
God is dead and we killed him

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Kalli posted:

Option

Looks like he was counting on Brissett to panic and pitch it and thought he could take it to the house

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Kalli posted:

Option

this isnt the patriots being Super Great and doing things no one else does, its them going for a mild twist on being insanely conservative and having the other team just poo poo all over themselves and never stop for even a tiny fraction of a second as they martyball their way to a 27-0 win.

E: not saying you were saying that kalli just using ur poo poo as an example. the texans just never stopped loving up at any point

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!
I have just one thing to say right now

Brark Borkswaggle is a fraud. An expensive fraud.

well, enjoy Texans fans you got Elway'd

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

LEGO Genetics posted:

I mean gently caress me guys, why not just give them the rest of the season off, a number one seed and an automatic AFC championship game appearance at this rate?

I just can't even...

jesus step off the ledge

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Lego is right

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

They're going 4-0. It's absolutely happening

I poo poo talk this conference and league constantly, and frankly I'm being polite. It is absolutely loving embarrassing this team can unquestionably look the worst it's looked since Br*dy was drafted and still cakewalk to 4-0

Congrats on the AFC Championship. I said in the offseason the only teams that might stop them are the Broncos and Steelers, and it won't even matter. Siemian won't do poo poo, and Ben won't even remember the participants of the game by the time the Pro Bowl airs.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Chris James 2 posted:

Siemian won't do poo poo

how dare you

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

Ban Parm

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The only man who can save us

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
The only hope is for them to get bored of it all and retire so we can finally be free

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

Chris James 2 posted:

thanks for posting this so that I didn't have to

because someone sure as hell needed to do it

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Help us Eli, you're our only hope.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Thursday Night Football was Thursday Night Football as usual but minus any comedy

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Chris James 2 posted:

http://i.imgur.com/uUFjXWS.gifv

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

LEGO Genetics posted:

I just can't even...

They've played 3 scrub rear end teams. Two home games, one on Thursday night. They're going to lose when they face actual competition.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chichevache posted:

They've played 3 scrub rear end teams. Two home games, one on Thursday night. They're going to lose when they face actual competition.

Bills, Browns, Bengals, Steelers, Bills, Bye, Seahawks, 49ers, Jets, Rams, Ravens, Broncos, Jets, Dolphins

When they're still undefeated by the end of the Steelers game I'm officially calling the race to 19-0 in the undefeated/winless thread, because barring Eli Intervention it's happening

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Scrub rear end system QB. The Pats are 3-0 without him. His defense won him all them rings.

• Locked thread