Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

I'm excited to see the misadventures of space-time criminal Barry Allen, but most importantly, the Reverse Flash is coming back!

I hope his scenes are good, because S1 evil speedster is still best evil speedster

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

Swillkitsch posted:

I'm excited to see the misadventures of space-time criminal Barry Allen, but most importantly, the Reverse Flash is coming back!

I hope his scenes are good, because S1 evil speedster is still best evil speedster
If you want to see more of him, he'll be showing up in Legends of Tomorrow as a more regular character.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm fine with Wally as Kid Flash, I just still don't really understand why they went through the effort of hitting Wally and Jesse with the Flash making waves last season only to pull an "alternate reality" version.

My guess is when Barry corrects Flashpoint Wally Flash will be gone but then later in the season his powers will emerge as a result of last season's incident, and then Jesse Quick will pop in from Earth 2 and we'll have like a 4 or 5 speedster teamup (Barry, Wally, Jesse, Jay, and maybe Thawne) against the new evil speedster.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

STAC Goat posted:

I'm fine with Wally as Kid Flash, I just still don't really understand why they went through the effort of hitting Wally and Jesse with the Flash making waves last season only to pull an "alternate reality" version.

My guess is when Barry corrects Flashpoint Wally Flash will be gone but then later in the season his powers will emerge as a result of last season's incident, and then Jesse Quick will pop in from Earth 2 and we'll have like a 4 or 5 speedster teamup (Barry, Wally, Jesse, Jay, and maybe Thawne) against the new evil speedster.
My response has some possible spoilers for the upcoming season but - someone reported seeing Jesse Quick's actress sporting what looked like a speedster costume, though wasn't able to get pictures. It may be one of the Flashpoint changes is that she gains powers.

THF13
Sep 26, 2007

Keep an adversary in the dark about what you're capable of, and he has to assume the worst.
I wonder if Earth 2 is affected by Time Travel on Earth 1. I assume it isn't because otherwise Zoom is presumably still terrorizing everyone over there. Would enjoy seeing Wells pop on over to say hello and realize Barry destroyed a universe.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm actually sort of looking forward to that.

Like, it could be the "logical" (for Barry) move for Barry when he realizes he's made a mess of things but no one in his reality has enough experience or knowledge to help, so he pops over to E2 to get Wells' help and Wells reads him the riot act. And then Jesse Quick runs in really fast.

Really the thing is that Jesse Quick was always one of those random C-list comic characters I liked so I'm anxiously awaiting them following through on the tease.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry
Yeah I assume Earth-2 is safe from any timeline fuckery Barry pulls, since it's a completely different universe.

But fear not. Once Barry destroys his world, I am sure he will be happy to go to other worlds and gently caress up their timelines as well.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Barry Allen: (every) history's greatest monster

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

STAC Goat posted:

Like, it could be the "logical" (for Barry) move for Barry when he realizes he's made a mess of things but no one in his reality has enough experience or knowledge to help, so he pops over to E2 to get Wells' help and Wells reads him the riot act.

I am imagining the faces Wells would make once Barry tells him and it's making me want the season to start even sooner. :allears:

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

All I want is a non speedster big bad. That's all I want. Felicity could come in as a regular and I'd still be happy.

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

mind the walrus posted:

All I want is a non speedster big bad. That's all I want. Felicity could come in as a regular and I'd still be happy.

Felicity Smoak *is* the big bad. Her metahuman power is to reduce all emotional disagreements to fits of trembling cry-yelling.

She will defeat the Flash, by chastising him into compliance over a garbage 9-episode arc that leaves everyone unhappy.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

If there's a c plot involving Dr alchemy or abracadabra as the big bad I'll take it.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

mind the walrus posted:

If there's a c plot involving Dr alchemy or abracadabra as the big bad I'll take it.

Based on press releases: they're doing two big bads, one being Savitar (a speedster) and the other being Alchemy.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
The big bad is Barry, same as the first two seasons.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Xealot posted:

Felicity Smoak *is* the big bad. Her metahuman power is to reduce all emotional disagreements to fits of trembling cry-yelling.

She will defeat the Flash, by chastising him into compliance over a garbage 9-episode arc that leaves everyone unhappy.

I liked her better when she was just a hacker that helped the arrow gently caress people's poo poo up. Her whole moral compass angle is a result of lovely writers.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Guy A. Person posted:

Based on press releases: they're doing two big bads, one being Savitar (a speedster) and the other being Alchemy.

That would be cool, although I'm sure Alchemy would take a very far backseat to Savitar because gently caress not having a speedster be the big bad. Is the douche in black with the winged fans on his head Savitar then? I know who he is from the comics, and that would be a weird place to take his look.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
I really liked Patty while I was watching, and it's only in retrospect that she seems pointless. The actress and Grant had great chemistry, and their characters actually seemed to have fun together. One of tv's greatest sins is forcing together people who don't even seem to like each other because the writers hear "stories need conflict" and think "okay, so relationships must be All Problems All The Time and two characters should never be happy together."

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

mind the walrus posted:

That would be cool, although I'm sure Alchemy would take a very far backseat to Savitar because gently caress not having a speedster be the big bad. Is the douche in black with the winged fans on his head Savitar then? I know who he is from the comics, and that would be a weird place to take his look.

I think he's a Flashpoint only villain called Rival. And at least from the previews they seemed to be hinting at Alchemy being a mystery by having it scratched into a mirror.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Dude in the black suit is Jay Garrick villain The Rival.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

http://tvline.com/2016/09/24/the-flash-spoilers-season-3-candice-patton-iris/

Candice talks about the premiere, cute spoilers!

“You’ll get to see Barry try and woo her in Flashpoint,” the actress previews. “It’s really, really sweet. It reminds me of the pilot.

[She] is very similar to all of the Irises you’ve ever seen, and that’s something that we’re trying to make clear on the show. No matter where Barry goes, what timeline, what Earth, Iris is his constant in the world. She’s always the Iris that he loves.”

Yay!

Here is also a fun interview for your viewing pleasure!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4QRTEBGcIo

Koalas March fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Sep 25, 2016

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
Koalas March, I really like your enthusiasm about Iris, as well as your interesting discussions about her overall importance in terms of identity politics, being a role model, and all that. I have to admit I haven't always been the biggest Iris fan, but it has had nothing to do with Candice Patton (who is adorable and beautiful and does her best with the material she's given), and everything to do with the writers sidelining her in unimportant B- and C-plots and not giving her enough to do. I really hope they learn from their mistakes with her and in general, since all the DC shows were getting pretty awful last season.

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived
That's a great OP you have there, shame if Barry altered the timeline and something was to happen to it...

Let's hope this season is more lighthearted fun and goofy than season 2 imo and that they don't forget to give Iris stuff to do

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

Koalas March, I really like your enthusiasm about Iris, as well as your interesting discussions about her overall importance in terms of identity politics, being a role model, and all that. I have to admit I haven't always been the biggest Iris fan, but it has had nothing to do with Candice Patton (who is adorable and beautiful and does her best with the material she's given), and everything to do with the writers sidelining her in unimportant B- and C-plots and not giving her enough to do. I really hope they learn from their mistakes with her and in general, since all the DC shows were getting pretty awful last season.

She needs to have a defined role in the show. Like, they could do a Arrow style season where there's a conspiracy or an organization that Iris could investigate using her journalism skills. Or maybe they could sometimes let Metahumans live, and Iris could work with them in some way

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

mind the walrus posted:

From what I understand Alchemy will be a more physical threat, creating a lot of chaos in the city, while Savitar will be a psychological one directly targeting Barry and his pals. They don't aim for the latter to be like Reverse Flash or Zoom, since it'd be kinda boring a third time around.

Martout posted:

Let's hope this season is more lighthearted fun and goofy than season 2 imo and that they don't forget to give Iris stuff to do
The producers have said in interviews that they agree the show got a bit too dour for their taste in late season, so they're definitely aiming for a more Season 1 feel.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Guy Goodbody posted:

She needs to have a defined role in the show. Like, they could do a Arrow style season where there's a conspiracy or an organization that Iris could investigate using her journalism skills. Or maybe they could sometimes let Metahumans live, and Iris could work with them in some way

I'm glad people are enjoying my ride or die attitude and Iris West Appreciation station. (I snuck her into almost every gif lmao)

But yeah, there's a wealth of interesting things they could do with her character. I just wish the writers would see and use her potential.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Koalas March posted:

But yeah, there's a wealth of interesting things they could do with her character. I just wish the writers would see and use her potential.

My favorite is still "Iris West, ethical advisor" from the kevin smith episode

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
One thing I've been dying to see on these shows is the introduction of Vic Sage as a muckracking journalist and conspiracy theorist, who moonlights as The Question (although he'd fit better on Arrow, with all the street-level vigilantes showing up), and somehow have him work with Iris on uncovering some big conspiracy.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

One thing I've been dying to see on these shows is the introduction of Vic Sage as a muckracking journalist and conspiracy theorist, who moonlights as The Question (although he'd fit better on Arrow, with all the street-level vigilantes showing up), and somehow have him work with Iris on uncovering some big conspiracy.

I was hoping this would happen when they casted that one guy to work at CCPN in s2 but nope.. one date and he ran away faster than Police Brutality Patty™.

The Question would be awesome.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Iris doesn't actually have journalism skills.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Aphrodite posted:

You would think that whole thing about her only being hired because she knew the Flash would spur her prove them all wrong and show she's a good journalist on her own merits. Or maybe give up on journalism and do something else. Or, y'know, any sort of arc at all.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Guy Goodbody posted:

You would think that whole thing about her only being hired because she knew the Flash would spur her prove them all wrong and show she's a good journalist on her own merits. Or maybe give up on journalism and do something else. Or, y'know, any sort of arc at all.

Yeah, that was weird.

It's the most obvious setup for either of those storylines and then they did neither.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

She does actually. In the OP I mentioned her feature on domestic abuse victims and she also tracked down the guy running the street races that Wally was mixed up with. There's also a bunch of things I can't remember because I refuse to rewatch s2.

Also I'm going to ask that you don't bring anti-Iris sentiment into my lovely pro-Iris thread. Go back to the Error thread if you want to keep beating that drum.

Thanks in advance! ✌✌✌

Koalas March fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Sep 26, 2016

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

The Question could show up in any of the CW shows, and be amazing.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

OB_Juan posted:

The Question could show up in any of the CW shows, and be amazing.

I want him to show up in Supergirl. A weird, kinda dark, street-level hero for her to team up with. Basically her Batman

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

I think Iris should go full Lois Lane, and constantly bumbles into danger investigating poo poo. It borderline damsels her sure, but it also gives her a proactive role in the A plot.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Martout posted:

Flashpoint is very much not a lighthearted story so I... have my concerns. :ohdear:

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Chokes McGee posted:

Flashpoint is very much not a lighthearted story so I... have my concerns. :ohdear:

The quotes from the cast seem to say that they're doing "their own version" of Flashpoint. Which it seems basically boils down to reset button to make things more like s1, but keeping Wally and integrating Supergirl. It's also rumored to only last an episode or two so who tf really knows at this point.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum
As long as they ditch the last few eps of Arrow from last season, I'm ok with anything.

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller

OB_Juan posted:

As long as they ditch the last few eps few seasons of Arrow from last season, I'm ok with anything.

Yup

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leospeare
Jun 27, 2003
I lack the ability to think of a creative title.

Guy Goodbody posted:

I want him to show up in Supergirl. A weird, kinda dark, street-level hero for her to team up with. Basically her Batman

Yesss. They could have Oliver guest star and get some of that Justice League Unlimited magic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3K-Tenpq8g

• Locked thread