Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Freak: +2 Danger: +1 Savior: 0 Superior: +1 Mundane: -1
Potential: 0/5 Conditions:

quote:

Everyone

What did you think about the promotional video and Ghost being nominated the leader? Is there something in the base that is just your favourite thing in the world and now you can’t imagine living without it? How do you feel about the information Gareth just gave you?

Spark

Oh, there's a lot of innocent people in the crowd. In fact, there are some people who you recognize as believers of the Cult of the Sacred Flame. How do you feel about using powers in such a public place, especially with your followers watching you? Do you feel the pressure to meet all the expectations that they've set for you?

What do you do?

Well I've seen worse I suppose the video is cheesy as hell.I still don't know what that symbol was though, it felt familiar like something I've always known how to do Yet I've never seen it before It's just weird I guess. I still think the team name is dumb it's not what I would have picked but hey if it works they can call us the Idiots from Idiotville for all I care. And I'm really happy for Ghost I know she'll be a great leader, I wouldn't have voted for her if I thought otherwise. She actually thinks things through rather than rush in. As for the base well it's uh... wow. They clearly spared no expense in getting this place set up. I'm pretty sure the bed I'm sleeping in costs more than my parents earn in a year. But my favourite part of it has to be the pool. It's huge, I can't imagine how they got the water all the way up here. And I've always loved swimming and relaxing by the pool. Hell I might even get a tan if I'm lucky. And I can keep fit by going for a swim every morning. I don't know how I ever lived without it. In fact I could just go and have another one right now... Maybe I can persuade Ghost to join me, She'd look good in one of those cute one piece swimsuits....

:siren:

drat it. Looks like there's work to do. Ok so giant wooden tree thing that walks and a little Pixie thing on a rampage. The Riavellans treat this like it's a regular day but I'm still kind of in awe at this sort of thing. Still we have to stop it or people are going to get hurt.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I listened to Ghost's plan. "Ok got ya." I said with a smile that looked more confident than I felt. "One distracted tree thing coming up." Tree's are made of wood right, so this thing should burn pretty well. A few singes ougtha to slow it down. I think. I hope.

[14:33] Ferrosol flame on
[14:33] Ferrosol !r 2d6
[14:33] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 2 = 2
marking three conditions Insecure Hopless Guilty marking potential at least

I reached inside of myself for the flames normally they were close to the surface eager to come out but in this case there was nothing it was like it wasn't there. I was an idiot a failure, I wasn't good enough people were getting hurt and I couldn't do anything to help them. Perhaps I better run and hide leave it to the real heroes. I might as well show myself a coward. That was all I was good for. Then it was like someone flipped a switch inside of me. The fire boiled out of me and the spark in my eyes lit up. The world looked clear better, more simple. I could feel the fire burning in me yearning needing to be released. And what do you know there was a tree right in front of me asking for it. I let go. All of it. That awful glorious fire flowed through me and it burned it all burned!

[14:49] Ferrosol it's on fire now [directly engage]
[14:49] Ferrosol !r 2d6
[14:49] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 4 = 4
spending one burn to unleash using freak but taking -2 due to being hopeless, Collateral damage is happening marking potential

The tree the mall, a few of the bystanders. Oh crap I'm hurting them but I can't stop. Worse a part of me doesn't want to stop. I want to see them burn! No I have to stop I have too! Someone help. I knew a lot of the people from the Cult would be there, it was the nearest shopping mall to their chapel after all. I thought I recognised some of them as I landed, I'm sure some of them recognised me. And I failed in front of all them. "help me." I whispered into my communicator.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Freak: +2 Danger: +1 Savior: 0 Superior: +1 Mundane: -1
Potential: 2/5 Conditions: Insecure Hopeless Guilty

The fire flickered within me a little. And I was able to gain some control over the madness I'd spawned. I heard the sprite shout calling me a monster and to be honest looking at the destruction and the chaos I'd wrought on the people around me. People who were my friends my unwanted followers, my responsibility and I'd failed them maybe I was a monster.

accepting the sprites influence and shifting danger up to +2 and Savior down to -1

I thought they'd hate me. I hate me. I'm a monster a menace. A bigger threat and a bigger danger than what I came to stop. maybe I'm the one that deserves to be in jail. i'm not a hero. But Feijaing surprised me. She believes I can control my powers. That I'm better than this. She's wrong but I have to try if only because I'm only going to hurt more people if I don't. Reaching deep inside me I seized control of the flame and pulled in the tendrils of fire. I breathed out for what felt like the first time in an eternity and wove the strands of fire into a barrier. I couldn't tell you how I did it. It just felt right, and I put up a wall of flame between Feijaing and myself and the advancing vines. They wouldn't get through that unless....

Spending one burn to use Moat and removing Hopeless thanks to Feijaing

unless I lost control again. I had to find some way to stop the sprite and his tree titan before that happened. I just had too.

00:51] Ferrosol assessing the on fire situation
[00:51] Ferrosol !r 2d6-1
[00:51] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 5-1 = 4
[00:51] Ferrosol worst nova

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Freak: +2 Danger: +2 Savior: -1Superior: +1 Mundane: -1
Potential: 3/5 Conditions: Insecure Guilty

Spark watched helplessly as the staff came down upon her. It was like it was moving in slow motion yet she felt utterly powerless to stop it. It was just one more problem on a bad day of problems.

[22:52] Ferrosol take a powerful blow
[22:52] Ferrosol !r 2d6+2
[22:52] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 9+2 = 11
You lose control of yourself or your powers in a terrible way

All she'd done was fail and fail again. As she felt the staff hit her the flames blazed stronger once more. Out of control they began to dance and flare. And more and more of them came out of her. More than she could safely control. More than anyone could control. This thing. this monster was going to see what true power really was it was going to burn. And everything else with it. If that's what it took to get the job done. She'd had enough of trying to control it. Trying to be good, it was time for it to burn. All of them were going to burn. She opened her mouth to laugh. and more flames came pouring out covering everything in a fiery conflagration. Soon the whole world would burn! as it deserverd!

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Potential: 3/5 Conditions: Insecure Guilty

You know what? I am sick of living in a world of cardboard. Sick of living in a world where I'm a freak. I'm going to show them I'm going to show them all. The tree was just the beginning anyone else stupid enough to stand in my way is going to burn. I've had enough of being nice. Of playing along of smiling and trying to keep control. No it's time to let it burn. Let it all burn starting with my weak and pathetic excuses for teammates. The fools who were quite happy to use me as a battering ram when it suits them. They pretend to care about me. Even now I can hear ghost our pathetic failure of a leader whispering in my ears. Telling me to give up the flame. I'm not giving up. I'm only getting started. By the time I'm done everything her is going to burn.

marking potential from ghosts comfort and spport

How adorable they think they are strong enough to stop me. No one can stop me I am the flame and the flame is me. And you don't put out a fire by punching it. Still she deserves some respect at least, any normal person would have melted long ago. But no not her. Not my so-called friend. Even if she was using me like all the other she's still tougher than they were. She lasted far longer than she should have before the flames got her.

[22:39] Ferrosol taking a powerful blow
[22:39] Ferrosol !r 2d6+2
[22:39] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 5+2 = 7
taking two conditions Angry and Hopeless

But she still burnt in the end. And all she did was piss me off. I may not be walking away from this unscathed but neither are they. Then Feijiang came charging in. You have to respect her courage. She may be bulletproof. But she is not and never will be in my league.
[22:39] Ferrosol taking a powerful blow two
[22:39] Ferrosol !r 2d6+2
[22:39] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 12+2 = 14
taking two options from the 7-9 list. Giving my opponent an opportunity and taunting them into doing something stupid.

She actually hurt me. Can you believe that even with the full fury of the flame within me I felt that. "You're good but I'm better." I taunted her. "you're out of your league. Let me show you how this is done!"

See the thing about fire is if it's not working you clearly aren't using enough. she may be bullet proof but I doubt she's fireproof. Let's find out. I poured everything I had at her. The entire focus of my power concentrated on the one who hurt me. She was going to burn.

[22:33] Ferrosol directly engaging Feijiiang
[22:33] Hugzilla don't you have to take a powerful blow first?
[22:34] Ferrosol !r 2d6+2
[22:34] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 10+2 = 12
resisting or avoiding their blows, Impress, surprise, or frighten the opposition

Ferrosol fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Oct 1, 2016

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Potential: 4/5 Conditions: Insecure Guilty Afraid, Hopeless

healing angry after waking up from coma

I woke up in a hospital bed. And for one brief moment of paradise I wondered how I'd got there. Then it hit me. I remembered exactly what I'd done I was a freak A monster. A danger to everyone around me. I should be in jail. I should be locked away from anyone I could hurt. I didn't want to hurt anyone else. I'd hurt them, I'd hurt innocent people and people I'd called friends. And the worst part was I'd enjoyed every sick minute of it. The power was like the greatest drug. Until it wore off. I groaned as I tried to move. I don't blame Clatterclaw for what she did but I wish she hadn't been so through about it. Or maybe I wished she'd done a better job of it a small part of me said. If she'd killed you, you wouldn't have to worry about losing control again. No I couldn't think like that.

I glanced up at the TV that someone had left switched on over my bed. The headlines were what I expected. Footage of me losing control of attacking my teammates of hurting innocent people. And what they were calling me. Irresponsible, reckless, lunatic, danger to herself and others. And the worst part of it was it was all right. I couldn't disagree with any of it. I reached out for water to clear my parched throat or maybe something to hurl at the TV to clear it's mocking commentary on my failures when instead my hands settled on a pad someone had left there.

I read it. I-- I don't know what to say. I appreciate the effort to cheer me up. But Vitle- Will was wrong. I'm a monster and if I keep having these bad days people are only going to get hurt. I was lucky I didn't kill anyone. Still he'd said there was a team meeting. I had to be there. I don't know where they'd put my clothes and I didn't have time to search them out. I staggered out of the infirmary wrapped in a hospital gown trying not to wince from the pain I was in. The base was strangely deserted but I guess everyone was busy putting out the fires. And some of those fires were probably literal and not metaphorical thanks to me.

I staggered grimly towards the debriefing room and hesitated as I stood outside the door. I could still run a part of me said. I could get out of here and find somewhere to hide. Somewhere where no one had ever heard the name Spark. But no I owed people that much besides all this mess was my fault. I should be the one to take responsibility for it. I stumbled inside and slumped into the nearest chair, not daring to make eye contact with any of my teammates for fear of what I'd see. I mentally rehearsed and practised the two words I was planning to say to Garth when I saw him. "I Quit"

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Potential: 4/5 Conditions: Insecure Guilty Afraid, Hopeless

I sat up a little straighter in the briefing. At least the rest of the team wasn't going to be punished for my fuckups.

removing afraid thanks to the comfort and support roles.

Well the rest of my soon to be former team I should say. I turned to Wraith and said "I don't think I'll be sparring with anyone. I'm afraid." I turned to Garth and said the two words that had been churning in my gut the whole time I was listening to him speak. "I quit." I held up my hand before he could protest. "All this was my fault if I hadn't have lost control the way I did none of this would have happened. I take full responsibility for the damage done and the injuries caused. If it hadn't been for me no need have gotten hurt. Look just let me go and then please stick me in some prison cell or lab or something far from anyone else. I don't want to hurt anyone. And that's what I do. I lose control and I hurt people." I said bitterly. "I'm sorry." I said to the team. "Sorry for screwing this up for you all and I hope it works out for you." I said. "Now can you do me a favour and find me some clothes before you drag me off to jail please." and that was that. It was what I deserved after all.

forgot to do my end of session move: Grow into your own image of yourself. Explain how you see yourself and why; shift one Label up and another down. Spark sees herself as a freak a monster. A danger to everyone around her. Knocking Mundane down and raising Freak

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Freak: +3 Danger: +2 Savior: -1Superior: +1 Mundane: -2
Potential: 4/5 Conditions: Insecure, Guilty, Hopeless

I'm not sure what reaction I was expecting to my announcement but this wasn't it. I thought they'd hate me or fear me. Or worse than that pity me. Ok the slap I could have kind have expected but not the hug and then I was acutely concious about how close Ghost--Pepper was hugging me. A part of me wanted to take advantage of that. Of how close she was to me. But no I couldn't not when I was still a danger to anyone around me. I couldn't inflict that on someone i might.... find myself caring about. Instead I could feel tears welling up my eyes. She didn't have to do this. None of them did. They should have just washed their hands of me. Let me go. I whispered in Ghost's ear. "If this happens again you need to stop me. To channel the fire I need to be concious. So make sure I'm out for the count next time." it wasn't what I wanted to say to her. But it was the only thing I could say. I owed it to her. I owed it to all of them.

removing the condition hopeless. and sharing a vulnerability with Ghost which means I can remove insecure. And she could mark influence on me. If she didn't already have it. So now she gets to shift my labels.

I blinked through the tears as I heard Vitreloy's impassioned speech. What had I done to earn loyalty and friendship like this. I mean they should have been eager to throw me out after the way I'd behaved. And I wouldn't have blamed them one bit. I think it was the most I'd ever heard him say in one go and I won't lie I was grateful that he'd decided to speak up for me. It still didn't change what I'd done. But I felt better knowing that someone saw me as not just another freak. Another monster. But as a person who could do better. I wasn't going to let him down if I could help it.

marking potential from Vitreloy's roll. And taking the Bulls heart from the Bull playbook.

"I-I withdraw my offer to quit." I said trying dry my eyes as I looked at Gareth "Still I was serious about taking responsibility for the damage caused. All this was my fault and I don't want my tea-friends to take the blame for something I did."

Ferrosol fucked around with this message at 13:54 on Oct 4, 2016

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Potential: 0/5 Conditions: Guilty,

Clatterclaw was right I suppose. I did need to learn to control myself better. But I resented the implication that I was a coward. I had been prepared to quit to take the full blame for everything that went wrong and even to go to jail to be punished for my actions. I don't think those are the actions of a coward. And now there was one of thse big genuine heroes giving me advice. Did they really mean there wasn't a prison capable of holding me? I mean sure I can be strong. But the thought that I might well be unstoppable if I lose it again is downright scary. Which I suppose brings it back round to the overall point of this exercise. I had to learn to master the flame before it mastered me. I'd just be a liability to everyone around me until I did. "I-I suppose I can try to do it." I said to Gareth.

There was no suppose about I had to learn . Otherwise I was just another walking bomb waiting to go off. "Ok just give me a bit of time to change into something more suitable and I'll head down there." I'd have to be careful when sparring of course. If I went all-out it might end up like the mall all over again and that was the last thing I wanted. I headed up to my room to grab a change of clothes and get out of this ridiculous medical garment and changed into my street clothes. That done I headed back down and stood awkwardly outside the door to the training area. It was one thing to say it was safe but it was another thing to believe it. Still despite my heart beating faster I had to do it now. I had to what was that Riavellen phrase I'd heard the other day? "Get back on the horse" that's it.

I took a deep breath and walked in. Everyone else with the exception of Ghost and Feijiang was already there. Clatterclaw was talking with one of the big heroes who came with Gareth. Still it was best to get this over sooner rather than later. I walked up to her just in time to catch the end of Clatterclaws little rant. "You're right" I said softly. "This isn't about me. Or you. Or us. It's about the people who got hurt because of what happened. I can't change what I've done. But hopefully I can change what I'm going to do in the future." That hope was the only thing keeping me going right now, but she didn't need to know that. "I have to learn how to control myself. To use my powers properly. And that takes practice. So I have just one question for you. Are you going to help me or not?" I asked " Because I don't think I can do this on my own. I'm not asking for your pity or your support. I know I don't deserve either. But I am asking for your help."

[17:40] Ferrosol provoking clatterclaw
[17:41] Ferrosol !r 2d6-1
[17:41] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 5-1 = 4
This is not my game.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Wow, this is so lifelike. I could almost believe I was stood in the real canyon. It even smells right and the sun feels real. It's beautiful. And it's almost like I'm really there. I could stand and watch the scenery all day. But I should be watching clatterclaw I can see her circling warily

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was hesitant at first I didn't want to reach too deeply to pull for the flame and risk a repeat of what happened last time. Still perhaps I could play it cool and just sort of skim a little of the flame in order to spar with. I shouldn't need my full power anyway for a friendly fight like this. But while I was watching Clatterclaw I should have been wondering what Miss Wraith was up to. Stupid. I need to have better situational awareness than that. And the the arena went dark. And Clatterclaw came charging out of nowhere to hit me. I couldn't see where she'd come from but she hit hard. And then Miss Wraith started to taunt? me. A bit of psychological warfare I suppose you'd call it. But what she didn't realise was that she couldn't say anything about me that I hadn't already said about myself.

17:56] Ferrosol taking a powerful blow
[17:56] Ferrosol !r 2d6+1
[17:57] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 3+1 = 4

Still this was clearly a battle of wits as much as it was a battle of strength and they'd already rigged the battlefield to favour them. "Clever, I can't see you now and it's 2 vs 1. But I'm more than just a hammer. Rest assured about that." I needed to get rid of this darkness and quickly. I was blind in the dark and they weren't unless... Wait a minute. I have an idea! I closed my eyes and channelled a ball of flame. Although I tried to tune this one more for light than heat. It wasn't meant to burn my opponents. So much as light up the darkness. Have you ever gone from a brightly lit room to a dark one? Your eyes take time to adjust right? I was hoping it would work here....

[17:46] Ferrosol sparring
[17:46] Ferrosol !r 2d6+2
[17:46] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 12+2 = 14
[17:46] Ferrosol drat
[17:46] Ferrosol rip clatterclaw
Not intentionally hurting them. Taking their eyesight, and Impressing or Surprising them.

Even with my eyes closed I could still see the sudden flash of light. It must have been so much worse for both of them as they didn't have any warning....

Ferrosol fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Oct 8, 2016

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

"By not engaging you at all." I replied. "I don't need to." I said "when you lock yourself away in a prison like that all I need to do is build a cage and turn the key. " With that I channeled a lot of fire into the surface layer of the rock. It should with a little luck become so hot that any attempt to push through it would hurt like hell. By now it should be as hot as magma.

22:28] Ferrosol sparring with Miss Wraith
[22:28] Ferrosol !r2d6+2
[22:28] Ferrosol oops
[22:28] Ferrosol !r 2d6+2
[22:28] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 8+2 = 10
you take something from your opponent their freedom to move around. You impress them or surprise them. It is a learning opportunity.

"If you stay where you are you should be fine. But try to push through and I'll tell you now. It's going to burn a lot." This was turning out to be quite a fun training session I have a tendency to think of fire as just a bigger hammer. But there's so much more you could do with it if you thought about it. I just hope I was able to remember these tricks in a real fight.

Ferrosol fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Oct 12, 2016

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Well I'd be lying if I said I didn't feel some pleasure from our little bout. In a weird way it did actually make me feel better and more in control. I was still learning what I was capable of. Obviously I could be dangerous, but perhaps just perhaps I could be more than that. I could be useful. Vitrelory- Will sounded like he knew what he was talking about. "Ok sounds like a good plan and please call me Barbara. Not Babs though I hate that nickname. My dad used to use it all the time to annoy me." I said sharing a smile with him. I'm glad he could look at me and not see a monster, a freak. Maybe I needed to learn to do the same to him. "Ok then so shutdown Feijiang. That's not going to be easy. If I put up a wall of fire she's going to just burst through it. And if I use anything stronger well..." I couldn't bring myself to say it but I knew what I meant and so did everyone else. I didn't want a repeat of what had happened at the mall. Still breathe and think whatever you do don't lose control I thought to myself. I could take a losing fight better than I could take becoming that.. that monster again. I looked wanly at my teammates "Ok I'm as ready as I'll ever be. Let's get this show on the road."

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

I think I zoned out for a bit there. Because next thing I noticed was the fight was on. Hmm I had been expecting to take on Feijiang but it seemed I was up against Ghost. I just hoped whatever happened I didn't hurt her. That was the last thing I wanted to do to her. Still alls fair in love and war right? I owed it to her to give it my best. To let her test her skills against the best I had to offer. She's coming right at me though. I had to hit her, but not too hard hopefully. Still why was she coming right at me? She had to know that if I hit her she'd go down hard. Unless... she didn't expect to get hit at all.

marking insecure to avoid falling for your cunning plan Ghost

I mean i could be wrong. And if I was she was going to hurt me, If i was right though. I snapped out a quick bolt of fire at her. More light than heat to be honest and while that distracted her. I turned my power on Tunneler who was dancing with Vitreloy and hit him with as much force as I could manage. Well not as much as i could manage, but enough that I could make him feel it and not do any permenant harm. I hope so anyway. I don't want the guilt of my team-mates blood on my hands again.

23:18] Terrorsol directly engaging tunneller
[23:18] Terrorsol !r 2d6+2
[23:18] Krysmbot Terrorsol, 3+2 = 5
[23:18] Terrorsol rip

But while I'd been dithering over how much force to use Tunneler had hit the deck and now my fireball was heading straight for Vitreloy....

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Potential: 1/5 Conditions: Guilty, Insecure

She's right. That's the worst part about it Miss wraith is right. This isn't a friendly sparring session, this is an ugly brawl. And I'm useless. I can't do anything right. I mean I did more damage to my own team than I did to our opposition. That seems to be the story of my entire career up to now. Yeah Tunneller shouldn't have dodged but I should have been more careful. This isn't a real fight this is just supposed to be practice and now I've managed to hurt Vitreloy-- Will again. When will I stop hurting the people close to me? Still the least I could do was go over to him and apologise. If I couldn't fix what I'd done I could at least make it clear I was sorry.

But he's more concerned about what he did to Feijiang. "Will wait, this isn't your fault. If anything it's mine. If I'd fought properly. If I'd aimed better. If I hadn't used so much raw power. You wouldn't have gotten hurt. I think that's what we're all feeling for. What our limits are. And right now it seems that I'm shooting way past them. I'm sorry. I know that might not be enough but it's all I can give. You have absolutely nothing to be ashamed of. Yeah you lost your temper so loving what. We all lose our temper. But I don't think any permanent damage was done. It could have been worse. Trust me." I knew that better than anyone. At least this time I hadn't managed to burn the entire base down around me. Although I suppose the day was still young. Compared to that his self-pity was frustrating.

[00:32] Terrorsol well this is going to go well.
[00:33] Terrorsol Comfort and Support Vitreloy
[00:33] Terrorsol !r 2d6-2
[00:33] Krysmbot Terrorsol, 6-2 = 4
[00:33] Terrorsol hah
marking potential

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Potential: 2/5 Conditions: Guilty, Insecure

I can feel it the fire burning within me. It would be so easy to let it out. I shouldn't have sparred I shouldn't have let the temptation fill me. The world feels so cold and dull and lifeless when I'm not channelling it and when I am it's too easy for me to lose control It's like trying to walk a tightrope over two Piranha tanks. I mean look at Will he calls himself a monster but his arm wouldn't be like that if I hadn't fouled up again. I'm the monster here. All I do is hurt people. I mean he can't get away from me fast enough. And to be frank I don't blame him. They're all avoiding me eyeing me up the way you would a rabid dog wondering who it's going to snap at next.

I can't even blame them for it really. And screaming and crying isn't going to make it any better. No right now I just needed to be alone away from them all. So I couldn't hurt any of them. I walked past the team doing my best to ignore them and stepped on to the balcony by the pool and looked out over the city we were supposed to be protecting. It looked beautiful from up here. All the lights all the people you could barely make out scurrying around below with their own little lives. It looked so fragile. And I'd done more harm to it than any of the villains we'd fought could ever have dreamed of.

For a horrible moment I contemplated just stepping off the balcony. That would be one way to solve my problems. But no that would be the cowardly way out. I had to do better than that. I had to learn to be more than this this thing. This freak this monster. More than anything I needed to learn control. I went through the exercises Eithene had shown me. Breathing and meditating she called it. But it didn't seem to help. I was too distracted to focus. Still at least it was quiet here....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Potential: 2/5 Conditions: Guilty, Insecure

Yeah, it's so quiet and peaceful out here. None of the arguments, none of the recriminations I can just sit and look at the stars and not at the city that almost certainly hates and fears me by now. I deserve it I know but there's nothing I can do to change things now. It's just every time I think I've got a handle on my powers they slip away from me again. I'm constantly watching myself now. Wondering if this time will be the time that I go too far again and more people will get hurt, maybe even killed. I wish I did have someone I could talk to as just me, I mean there's no one else like me out there. The last person with even vaguely similar levels of power died centuries ago. And unless I could find some way to conjure up the spirits of the dead or something I don't think he'd be talking. No one knows what it's like how incredibly sweet the flames feel how every moment is a battle not to give into the temptation to let go....

Wait a minute is that smoke? yes it is. A building is on fire, no buildings and it's not my fault this time. We need to do something, I need to do something. But I can't do this on my own I need help if I try I'll only make things worse again like I always do. I headed back into the main room only to find it deserted where the heck was everyone? And then I thought to check my phone, hadn't it vibrated earlier or something? Training room. Right, because more training is a really good idea after we nearly killed each other. Still.

I strode off as quickly as I could "Guys we've got a situation here..." i trailed off as I saw half the team glaring at each other. Well at least they weren't glaring at me. So progress? Clearing my throat I went on "Looks like someone's trying to burn down a big chunk of the neighbourhood. and it's not me. Can we even do something about that?" I asked glancing sideways at Gareth.

• Locked thread