Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
big shtick energy
May 27, 2004

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glorgnole
Oct 23, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EN69d4wq0ZE

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

how 2 jump sharks

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
nah, this is a stupid party trick, not a new paradigm in computing like google glass was. which is why some people might actually buy it.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

cool

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

disappointed this thread was not started by Snapchat a Titty

Mr SuperAwesome
Apr 6, 2011

im from the bad post police, and i'm afraid i have bad news

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

disappointed this thread was not started by Snapchat a Titty

im looking forward for this groundbreaking technology to be used 2 snapchat titties

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

can't wait for the mountain of police blotter reports of bar fights started by someone wearing Spectacles

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

really curious if this will be the dam-breaking product for LIFEVLOGGING or still a bridge too far for most people - i'm only marginally sure it won't happen until AR contact lenses are a Thing

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

I was ready to poo poo on this but it seems like someone at snapchat had a legit good idea recording oversized square videos with live rotation on playback so your phone looks like a portal

https://twitter.com/ow/status/779592486461313025

I still won't use their platform though because eurgh

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

the best part will be seeing which famous people get paid to wear them

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

I guess I can sort of appreciate the design aesthetic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttQy9jmN0ew

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Crusader posted:

really curious if this will be the dam-breaking product for LIFEVLOGGING or still a bridge too far for most people - i'm only marginally sure it won't happen until AR contact lenses are a Thing

no. the cameras are always front-facing and have no physical way to indicate when you aren't recording. the "i'm shovin ga camera in your face why are you mad i'm not touching you" effect will still occur.

without a way to physically block the lens (iris, shutter, etc) these will never be widely accepted. (remember that many people will put masking tape over the camera on their laptops)

EndlessRagdoll
May 20, 2016

duTrieux. posted:

(remember that many people will put masking tape over the camera on their laptops)

Rightfully so.

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

EndlessRagdoll posted:

Rightfully so.

my thinking is that if i'm ever being targeted such that somebody is trying to worm their way into my camera without me noticing then i have much bigger problems than

i'm also not a woman, which likely impacts my risk analysis as people are less likely to try to steal all my pics

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Mr SuperAwesome posted:

im looking forward for this groundbreaking technology to be used 2 snapchat titties

:captainpop:

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord

error1 posted:

I was ready to poo poo on this but it seems like someone at snapchat had a legit good idea recording oversized square videos with live rotation on playback so your phone looks like a portal

:rip: framing & composition

Peanut and the Gang
Aug 24, 2009

by exmarx

jony ive aces posted:

Tfw you frame the camera to put the dildo in the background just out of view and someone tilts their phone and sees it.

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Peanut and the Gang posted:

Tfw you frame the camera to put the dildo in the background just out of view and someone tilts their phone and sees it.

lol

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

jony ive aces posted:

:rip: video that's even a little sharp

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

Peanut and the Gang posted:

oh man that's totally gonna happen

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Mr SuperAwesome posted:

in 3d

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

hmm yes, let's take the most controversial, least liked feature of glass and make it the only feature

privacy advocates are gonna go nuts over this

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

jony ive aces posted:

oh no smartphone pictures are ruined forever

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

carry on then posted:

privacy advocates are gonna nut over this

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord

poty posted:

oh no smartphone pictures are ruined forever
did you not hear about the one redeeming feature of the phone with no headphone jack

but yeah this thing doesn't have that and i guess doesn't have a screen to even preview your shots on (unless you have to pair it to your phone in which case what's the point) and is meant for single use 10 second photos so just :rip: all round i guess

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

jony ive aces posted:

did you not hear about the one redeeming feature of the phone with no headphone jack

but yeah this thing doesn't have that and i guess doesn't have a screen to even preview your shots on (unless you have to pair it to your phone in which case what's the point) and is meant for single use 10 second photos so just :rip: all round i guess

you preview it with your eyes

BooLoo
Oct 18, 2010

SLAM TIME
this is in no way a hilarious disaster waiting to happen.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

doing the same thing, expecting the same result...

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

does it come with a worldstar watermark embedded in the corner?

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
the difference between this and glass is that the Snapchat thing is going to be worn by a teenager at Chipotle with their friends who want to be photographed, whereas glass was going to be worn by turbonerds recording people they don't know at Starbucks.

BooLoo
Oct 18, 2010

SLAM TIME
have you missed the whole thing where teens are getting into legal trouble sending nudes all over the place?

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

BooLoo posted:

have you missed the whole thing where teens are getting into legal trouble sending nudes all over the place?

lol if you think that's ever going to stop.

BooLoo
Oct 18, 2010

SLAM TIME
i don't.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
im going 2 buy these for social media promotion. imagine the pov of walking on on stage in front of a big crowd and theyre cheering. oh yea. or curtain call. $$$$ thats paper my dudes

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
I'm going full Strange Days POV video of sex and cop killings

BooLoo
Oct 18, 2010

SLAM TIME

Smythe posted:

im going 2 buy these for social media promotion. imagine the pov of walking on on stage in front of a big crowd and theyre cheering. oh yea. or curtain call. $$$$ thats paper my dudes

imagine how much yospos social anxiety you could trigger posting those :allears:

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

2016 version of a prodigy video

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Trap My Glitch Up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

error1 posted:

good for recording, what about watching

• Locked thread