Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Vita means life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4h6get_siUs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Gas

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

I like my Vita. It's one cool console.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
I sold mine for some insane reason so i bought another .. cant believe ppl slept on this thing.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
The 3DS and the Vita are both god tier bed gaming. The WiiU gamepad also

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's a shame there's nothing really coming out for the vita anymore, it's my favorite feeling handheld. Playing 3DS for a long time is a little tough because i cramp up and it's a little awkward to hold. But the vita is like pitch perfect and the screen looks incredible.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Although I'll probably be playing DQ Builders on it next month.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

The vita just got unlocked this is the best time ever to own one.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

HENkakkuuuuuu

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

It's still a really great system for playing small indie titles. Luftrauser just feels so right on a handheld, and it'd be really cramped on the 3DS' top screen.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I'm probably going to get a Vita in a few years when the Vita and its games get cheap, and I have a decent PS4 library.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

In Training posted:

It's a shame there's nothing really coming out for the vita anymore, it's my favorite feeling handheld. Playing 3DS for a long time is a little tough because i cramp up and it's a little awkward to hold. But the vita is like pitch perfect and the screen looks incredible.

The main problem was that Sony put the bare minimum amount of effort in getting anyone to want one and then basically gave up the moment it didn't sell very well.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

FactsAreUseless posted:

I'm probably going to get a Vita in a few years when the Vita and its games get cheap, and I have a decent PS4 library.

A few months ago they stopped making/shipping new units and then it got cracked so I think used units are actually going up in price

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

In Training posted:

A few months ago they stopped making/shipping new units and then it got cracked so I think used units are actually going up in price
Dammit.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

In Training posted:

Although I'll probably be playing DQ Builders on it next month.

I'm still deciding whether to get the Vita version or get it on PS4 and remote play it.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I never really play my Vita anymore but maybe I should crack it.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Why did it only get cracked now?

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Unguided posted:

sony ptched out any cracks that popped up asap bcause the psp was easy to Crack nd it cost them sales

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
I just sold mine a month ago because I figured I had played all the games I was ever gonna play for it and then it finally gets cracked. The original PSP was the perfect emulation machine and I miss it ... I remember playing Policenauts in bed on that thing

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I feel bad for anyone who sold their old Vita and has to buy one of the slim ones.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Never sell your systems.

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

goferchan posted:

I just sold mine a month ago because I figured I had played all the games I was ever gonna play for it and then it finally gets cracked. The original PSP was the perfect emulation machine and I miss it ... I remember playing Policenauts in bed on that thing

The psp was awesome and I remember playing a bunch of gba and ps1 games on it. Wonder if the cracked ps vita can emulate ps2 games

Pumprag
Jan 29, 2013

As far as I know, the Sony DRM is still working, so you can only PSV games.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Unguided posted:

Idk but it was fixed promptly anyway, the current firmware is protected again. But again they stopped production of them basically so I think Sony is done with handhelds, unless they try again whenever they release the PS5 as an NX clone

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

I'd be surprised if the Vita could emulate PS2 games at all well.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
the last vita game i played was zero time dilemma... the next one will probably be danganronpa v3

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I feel bad for anyone who sold their old Vita and has to buy one of the slim ones.

the slim ones are ok. the screen looks fine

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Kazvall posted:

HENkakkuuuuuu

I was really excited for this but it's been kinda disappointing

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Junpei Hyde posted:

I'd be surprised if the Vita could emulate PS2 games at all well.

The current emulators are really badly done, stuff that runs in the PSP mode at fullspeed doesn't in Vita mode yet. Like GBA games drop frames

But most of the PS2 games you'd wanna play got vita ports anwyay

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

the Vita is really good and deserves better treatment and a better thread

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

no they will not posted:

the last vita game i played was zero time dilemma... the next one will probably be danganronpa v3

it's getting simultaneous launch on PS4 so i'll play it there but i'll miss sitting on the porch with a cup of coffee and danganronpa for sure

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

zero time dilemma was so friggin good

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

The current emulators are really badly done, stuff that runs in the PSP mode at fullspeed doesn't in Vita mode yet. Like GBA games drop frames

I can't play Nocturne, the list is incomplete.

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

Nalk
Jul 13, 2009

I heard about you!

what game?

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Lol c'mon dude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

It's completely fine to like an unpopular thing but that's some GAF levels of rim jobbing

• Locked thread