Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Here's the thread for the 7th season of Shameless. The first episode airs on October 2nd, but it's available online now, so watch it.

Want a recap of what's happened so far? gently caress you, watch the show yourself. I'm not gonna do your work for you.

Discuss. Or don't, either way I really don't care.

e: fitting that I forgot a thread tag. If someone could switch it to gently caress or something that'd be great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
Do we need spoiler tags, since the episode hasn't officially aired on tv yet? or is it fair game since Showtime made it available online?

If I was to make a list of things I didn't want to see while eating, Carl's freshly severed bloody foreskin would be pretty close to the top. So far so good though, for this season. Carl remains the best.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

I wish this poo poo show would die so that I could stop watching it every season

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

MiddleOne posted:

I wish this poo poo show would die so that I could stop watching it every season

This show isn't poo poo and is regularly entertaining though? For Showtime, that's a miracle.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

MiddleOne posted:

The show is still great, maybe if you don't like it then excercise a little self control?

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Vanderdeath posted:

This show isn't poo poo and is regularly entertaining though? For Showtime, that's a miracle.

Every season it brings up some nominally interesting premise only to capsize it mid-season and have nothing really happen. Most of the character arcs are just spinning in their wheels too. Occasionally there's a fun episode or two but the quality isn't really consistent.

Carl is cool though.

X-O posted:

The show is still great, maybe if you don't like it then excercise a little self control?

Giving up on a show for it becoming disappointing isn't really my style.

Love Crime
Apr 4, 2016

MiddleOne posted:

Giving up on a show for it becoming disappointing isn't really my style.

Then split the difference and give up on your lovely posting.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

That wouldn't be very Shameless of me. :colbert:

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

Shameless in the fall instead of the winter? What is this madness?

LazyDivey
Jun 18, 2004

Orange crush momma is a laugh laugh laugh.

Hoping for a return of Mickey and Sheila at some point this season but I won't hold my breath :(

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

LazyDivey posted:

Hoping for a return of Mickey and Sheila at some point this season but I won't hold my breath :(

They didn't say no to Mickey when probed. So maybe.

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer
Wow, this is a pleasant surprise. Look forward to checking it out.

Kitiara
Apr 21, 2009
I love that Svetlana is still awesome.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Johnny Mundo(aka John Morrison in the WWE, real name John Hennigan as credited here) was the guy hitting on Fiona at the diner. That was a random loving cameo.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

He probably has a real-life thing for Emmy. I mean who wouldn't :allears:

That said, my favorite part this episode was the post-credits stringer with Carl waddling around post-op. loving hilarious.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
I know some people aren't as into this show anymore but I will never get tired of Gallagher shenanigans

I don't care if the show moves into Debbie's kid's generation, I'll keep watching

EDIT: The love/confusion Fiona has any time she meets her siblings after a long break continues to be touching/hilarious

DarkCrawler fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Sep 27, 2016

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Svetlana still awesome. Kev has it made. Poor Carl.

LazyDivey
Jun 18, 2004

Orange crush momma is a laugh laugh laugh.

Hey I got half of my wish Micky will be back this season. http://untitledtv.com/noel-fisher-return-shameless/17638

Hopefully he sticks around.

LazyDivey fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Sep 27, 2016

Never you mind
Jun 5, 2010
What is Showtime's strategy with the early premiere release? It feels like they've hardly hyped it. I haven't seen much press for the upcoming official premiere date either. It seems like the early release has just kind of diffused interest among existing fans. Maybe they just don't really give a poo poo anymore?

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
If you follow the series on any type of social media, you absolutely can't escape the marketing. It's crazy.

But then, you're only going to see that stuff if you're ALREADY a fan. Not sure how the advertising is going otherwise. This show has always been a bit of a cult following kind of show. I wonder how popular it is on Netflix.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
I hadn't really heard of the show untill X-O mentioned it in the gotham thread the first time Cameron Monaghan appeared, then I gave it a shot, and was hooked instantly. I watched all 5 (as it was then) seasons in a little over a fortnight.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

The Lord Bude posted:

Do we need spoiler tags, since the episode hasn't officially aired on tv yet? or is it fair game since Showtime made it available online?

If I was to make a list of things I didn't want to see while eating, Carl's freshly severed bloody foreskin would be pretty close to the top. So far so good though, for this season. Carl remains the best.

This episode had far more penile trauma than is acceptable

StoneOfShame
Jul 28, 2013

This is the best kitchen ever.
Hey for another year of a couple of us posting about the best unwatched show on TV, here to represent the small number of UK watchers again.

I liked that episode, Carl was great, the threeway marriage is still great and Lip seems like he could have a good story this year. I'm not sure I like where they seem to be going to go with Ian but we'll see.

Here's to another hopefully fun season!!!

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

So, Frank is still a horrible poo poo.
Fiona's relationships are still being sabotaged and she's still a moron.
Lip is still loving himself by being a moron with every good opportunity to have a better life he gets.
Ian is pretty much the only one that SEEMS to have a bright future ahead of him, can't wait to see that gently caress up... again.
Debbie still remains the most disappointing missed opportunity in the entire show, she seemed like a really smart kid in the beginning and they shot that idea to poo poo.
Carl is still an idiot.
And Liam is still a baby.

Can't wait to start watching this season.

I sincerely hope that the writers have an end game in mind, this is about the time that they should have one in the works.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Do they have an end date for this show? I could see Lip ending up relapsing & dying somehow, if this or next season is the last. It'd be hosed up but the show's gone to some dark places, and it would make sense given his arc.

Never you mind
Jun 5, 2010
Let's hope, but I don't think they do. Cast members/writers have been quoted talking about the potential for a season 8, 9, and 10. They have no idea if they're being renewed yet after this season! But if they're tossing around the potential for another season, or two, or three, that would seem to imply that they don't know when or how they're ending. I think some of the plotting/character issues over the last couple of seasons have resulted from this: they don't know where they want to take these people and it can make the show seem aimless and repetitive.

terrez
Mar 20, 2012
It's been a great run so far but after a while with the same show going on and on it just seems like a situational dramedy. Fiona gets into a relationship but has trust issues and other problems and tanks the relationship (queue 5 scenes of her crying). Lip moves up slightly in the world by getting an opportunity but gets dumped by a girl and fucks it all up (and continues to poo poo on Mandy for like no loving reason even though she's incredibly good to him). Carl continues to be hilarious. Repeat for 11 seasons like the UK version did?

I realize the show can't just end with everyone shaping up perfectly and all since that's kinda counter to the premise of the show but some sort of final direction would be nice.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

PaybackJack posted:

Johnny Mundo(aka John Morrison in the WWE, real name John Hennigan as credited here) was the guy hitting on Fiona at the diner. That was a random loving cameo.

He was really robotic in his delivery. It stood out before I even realized it was Johnny Mundo.

Pretty good episode, all in all, though kinda formulaic by Shameless standards. You could almost write that episode yourself in your head beforehand, it was so predictable. The show's been spinning it's wheels for seemingly forever.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Need the other actors to get on with their career as well if the show is going to end. Otherwise they'll just ride it into the ground since they have nothing else. Looking over IMDB it looks like the only ones doing that are the actors who play Frank, Lip and Ian. I wouldn't mind a good send off. Have Steve come back and marry Fiona. Frank dies. Carl becomes head gang leader or something. Lip gets a career as a scientist or something. Debbie finds some hick to marry and disappears or dies idc. Ian becomes the best emt ever and gets back with Mickey. And have Kev and V take in Liam.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

They really are the worst criminals Debbie used a stolen credit card to have pizza DELIVERED TO HER HOUSE.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

socialsecurity posted:

They really are the worst criminals Debbie used a stolen credit card to have pizza DELIVERED TO HER HOUSE.

I was almost positive she was going to get owned when she sold the pram on Craigslist and the buyer was the original owner. So dumb.

BodyMassageMachine
Nov 24, 2006

:yeah:

Yeah this season seems like it's going to build to Debbie loving up royally and going away to juvie/losing Frankie. Which wouldn't be shocking since she's basically been on a huge downward spiral for two seasons now and needs to have some big "oh poo poo" moment before she starts an inevitable redemption story like Fiona and Lip before her.

Echoing the predictable comment mentioned earlier; each character's plotline this week was pretty typical of what we've seen in the past, and while I hope they don't start any sort of stunts like killing off characters or magically bringing old characters back (though I'm still waiting for the reveal that Karen was full of poo poo and not braindead when she left with Jody), they could definitely stand to shake up the status quo a bit. It just feels like there's always a big reset button that gets hit every 6-7 episodes.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

flashy_mcflash posted:

I was almost positive she was going to get owned when she sold the pram on Craigslist and the buyer was the original owner. So dumb.

Nah, that made sense. In my mind what happened was, Lady she stole it from reports it to the police, police don't give a gently caress and she's too rich to think about Craigslist.

The unbelievable part was that she found a buyer who was another rich upper class woman, those women aren't surfing around craigslist looking for hot deals. It should have been some weird dude with a fetish who immediately after she sold it to him, climbed into it and offered her another grand to push her around while he cried.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

flashy_mcflash posted:

same

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Yeah I assumed immediately that she was selling the pram to an undercover cop. I'm disappointed with her storyline already this season. If Carl was stealing prams for profit it would be amusing, but her doing it with the baby and then getting deeper with the credit cards and stuff is just painful, knowing what will eventually be coming (the law). How dumb are you, Debs? You used to be the smart one, ugh.

Otherwise I am super happy this is back and still love the show in general. Svetlana continues to get even more awesome every episode. I hope Mickey returns with the inevitable Ian breakup. Lip working at the diner is somehow heartwarming even though it's a big head slapper. Still hoping for a JimmySteve return because why not.

Even if it's spinning its wheels at this point, I still enjoy it.

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer

flashy_mcflash posted:

You could almost write that episode yourself in your head beforehand, it was so predictable. The show's been spinning it's wheels for seemingly forever.

flashy_mcflash posted:

Not so predictable after all hey?

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
I finally saw the season premiere and I have a zillion reasons why I still love this show much but I think the best reason is this exchange:

Kevin (about Svetlana): "She does so much so well"
Svetlana: "Family meeting. Tonight".

My god, I loving lost it there.

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

Svetlana is the best. :allears: Replace Fiona with Svetlana IMO.

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer
Svetlana has clearly got the Lip treatment of "This person is a demi-god and can do anything" now that Lip is a broken down alcoholic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
I guess there might be some threat of the police getting involved with Frank's near death, but it seemed like they were waaaaay too willing to let Frank take Liam. That he didn't end up in a river again after the second sentence he said to Debbie is pretty weak too.

• Locked thread