Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mayodreams
Jul 4, 2003

Hello darkness,
my old friend

R.D. Mangles posted:

Northwestern mood:

Counter point: Purdue found a way to win with 4 turnovers and not a SINGLE punt today against a lovely Nevada team. I think that is more luck than anything else. I am saying toss up right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GAYS FOR DAYS
Dec 22, 2005

by exmarx

R.D. Mangles posted:

Northwestern mood:

Watch as they beat Wisconsin later this year though. When's the last time Wisconsin won at Ryan Field? 1990's?

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

GAYS FOR DAYS posted:

Watch as they beat Wisconsin later this year though. When's the last time Wisconsin won at Ryan Field? 1990's?

1999 i know it's inexplicable to me as well

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Thoguh posted:

Doesn't matter, had sex.

Congratulations. On the sex.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

We once had a stretch of 21 losses and still didn't lose three straight to Kentucky. Our defense has made noticeable and appreciable improvement, but the offense is a loving nightmare. It's an unholy combination of stubborn Muschamp bullshit + true freshmen/first-year players at all the skill positions. Until those guys grow up and can start covering for scheme/playcalling deficiencies, that side of the ball will be unwatchable.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Roasted Donut posted:

Execute James Franklin.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

RumbleFish posted:

Our defense has made noticeable and appreciable improvement, but the offense is a loving nightmare.

I mean, this is kinda what you signed up for.

I just...still can't understand that hire at all. Yeah your last coach was most memorable for doing stuff at Florida too, but he did good things.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Memphis stomped a mudhole and walked it dry and also offered to completely pay for and host the conference tournament but they aren't Big XII material 🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

Distractions makes it better when ya take up the ENTIRE ROAD

Slate Action posted:

Also Lamar Jackson got seven more TDs today, no big deal

That motherfucker better win the Heisman or I will riot

Ah yes the September heisman. Don't worry though because none of the voters watch the Pac12 so mccafferey has no chance.

Lamar Jackson is pretty loving rad tho. Just don't put him in front of a mic

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Oh hell wrong thread again.

Topically re: the LSU game I remember some rule about there needing to be 2 or 3 seconds on the clock after a first down for the offense to get a legal snap off after a first down if the clock is running. Did they do away with that or does it just not apply to penalties? Because they'd have been dead in the water already if it did apply, obviously.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Wake Forest is undefeated

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

Spintzel posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obhpkvlQ6Og

Jackson channels some Sling Blade, but let's face it Tim Tebow is a man child too and he won the Heisman no problemo.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Grittybeard posted:

I mean, this is kinda what you signed up for.

I just...still can't understand that hire at all. Yeah your last coach was most memorable for doing stuff at Florida too, but he did good things.

I understand Muschamp doesn't bring much to the table offensively, it's just even worse with the sheer amount of youth we have out there. Throw in a couple injuries on the offensive line -- which was the most stable, veteran unit on that side of ball -- and it's going nowhere fast. Some of these guys will be really good players for us in a season or two, but right now? Brutal growing pains.

In any case, the player/talent situation can't be helped for 2016, so that just is what it is. But I'm upset Muschamp claimed he learned from his experience at Florida, yet hired Roper back. His line on that was "Oh, I'd still be coaching there if I'd hired Kurt from the start," but come on, dude. The OC hire was so loving key to his staff here -- and I have zero problems with the other assistants, to be fair -- but he blew that.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Alaois posted:

Wake Forest is undefeated

link their box scores pls

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

RumbleFish posted:

I understand Muschamp doesn't bring much to the table offensively, it's just even worse with the sheer amount of youth we have out there. Throw in a couple injuries on the offensive line -- which was the most stable, veteran unit on that side of ball -- and it's going nowhere fast. Some of these guys will be really good players for us in a season or two, but right now? Brutal growing pains.

This is what we Florida folks thought, a few years ago. "Surely we will see some modest success with the offense. That's all we need. The cupboard is bare and Muschamp just needs some time."

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Grittybeard posted:

Oh hell wrong thread again.

Topically re: the LSU game I remember some rule about there needing to be 2 or 3 seconds on the clock after a first down for the offense to get a legal snap off after a first down if the clock is running. Did they do away with that or does it just not apply to penalties? Because they'd have been dead in the water already if it did apply, obviously.
I know basketball has a rule about needing like some fraction of a second for a catch-and-shoot on an inbounds rather than a tip but I don't remember that for football.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

pillsburysoldier posted:

link their box scores pls

http://www.espn.com/college-football/team/schedule/_/id/154

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Tulane got revenge for the 2013 NOLA Bowl in a 4 OT game vs ULL. Tulane went 0-16 on third downs.

edit: Busting out this classic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4XJOod8CQw

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Wake Forest has a better defense than FSU cool

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Penn State should hire beloved ex-Nittany Lion Matt Millen to be their new coach and/or athletic director, that will really get things turned around for Penn State

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

pillsburysoldier posted:

I've been trying to tell people they have good D for weeks.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Spintzel posted:

Ah yes the September heisman. Don't worry though because none of the voters watch the Pac12 so mccafferey has no chance.

He should definitely be in front of a mic until Kodak Black free

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I still don't know what to make of Michigan State this year

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

pillsburysoldier posted:

and thanks to Transitive Football, they're better than Notre Dame!

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

NickRoweFillea posted:

The streak is over

#wgwtfa

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

I know basketball has a rule about needing like some fraction of a second for a catch-and-shoot on an inbounds rather than a tip but I don't remember that for football.

Unless I'm hallucinating the whole thing I want to say it came around the year Bielema and others were crying about offenses going too fast. Not that the rule was connected to that, that was just the time period I'm thinking of.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Henchman of Santa posted:

Down year, team is weakest since 2010 or so, and other teams are starting to figure it out.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

you will know all there is to know when you lose to the might northwester wild cat

at
home

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

AsInHowe posted:

Down year, team is weakest since 2010 or so, and other teams are starting to figure it out.

Well that much I knew, but I don't know if that means like 9-3 or like 7-5

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
Rutgers is bad

This has been your yearly reaffirmation of rutgers' football prowess

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i'm very glad i'm not mentally healthy enough to avoid browsing the most unhinged notre dame message boards i can find

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Well that much I knew, but I don't know if that means like 9-3 or like 7-5

It will be hard for Michigan State to beat Michigan or Ohio State, Indiana always seems to keep things close lately, and the Northwestern Wildcats, Chicago's Big Ten Team, are always to be feared

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

R.D. Mangles posted:

i'm very glad i'm not mentally healthy enough to avoid browsing the most unhinged notre dame message boards i can find

The great thing about today's loss is that Michigan is the winningest football team again. Michigan needed to make up three games over the course of the season to take that record back, and I didn't think ND would choke out a 1-3 record and the title would be back by the end of September.

http://www.yardbarker.com/college_f..._12680_21930124

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

AsInHowe posted:

The great thing about today's loss is that Michigan is the winningest football team again. Michigan needed to make up three games over the course of the season to take that record back, and I didn't think ND would choke out a 1-3 record and the title would be back by the end of September.

http://www.yardbarker.com/college_f..._12680_21930124

why are you trying to ruin this for everyone

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005
~~The Baylor Bitch(Baylor, Bitch!) Bears have now RAPED 4 sluts (4-0) Put this in your sig during the Baylor Bears Wild Ride to the Champ or I'll force it in~*~

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Lol

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
That's a little much even for you.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

God bless football

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005

anne frank fanfic posted:

~~The Baylor Bitch(Baylor, Bitch!) Bears have now RAPED 4 sluts (4-0) Put this in your sig during the Baylor Bears Wild Ride to the Champ or I'll force it in~*~

put this in the OP ya dumb bitch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
Unlv isn't gonna win another game this season

• Locked thread