Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
litany of gulps
Jun 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

fishmech posted:

In 1960, 27.2% of people who entered high school dropped out before graduation for the nation at large, and it could exceed 50% in some states and areas. In comparison, only 7.4% dropped out in 2010! And consider this: in 1960 43% of rural people of high school age were not in school and 37% of urban people of the same age weren't in school. In comparison, it's about 6.5% of high school age people not in school in both rural and urban areas as of 2012.

This is a wild statistic to see. I honestly don't doubt it, given the percentages of people that have a HS diploma and so on, but I've spent a few years working in schools with 50%+ dropout rates from freshman-senior year. Dropout rates have concentrated to certain populations and locations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

litany of gulps
Jun 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

fishmech posted:

Most people don't want to gently caress this weird looking dude but drat if he isn't constantly in dramas anyway.

Man, you should hear some of the girls I know. He is definitely weird looking, but I wouldn't underrate how attractive people find him despite that.

• Locked thread