Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit
Everything is set now. BAL @ TOR, SFG @ NYM are the WC matchups. Winners play the Rangers and Cubs respectively. BOS @ CLE and LAD @ WSH are the set LDS matchups.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Artix posted:

Like the series we just won up there? :smugbird:

;)

It's gonna be a good game, for sure.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Vertical Lime posted:

remember when the mariners won 116 games but no pennant

:mad: YES I DO AND THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR REMINDING ME :mad:

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

The Berzerker posted:

;)

It's gonna be a good game, for sure.

Yeah, but the season series didn't take place less than a week ago. :v:

For real though, Tillman is going to start and he's gonna get lit up and it's gonna be a great time. I'm gonna preemptively say that it won't be less than 10 combined runs.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Barry Davis: "Joe Biagini, this is your first season in the majors, how does it feel to be going to the post-season?"
Joe Biagini: "What's the post-season?"

I love you Biagini

Petanque
Apr 14, 2008

Ca va bien aller
Joe Biagini: "Thank you very much for dealing with me all season"

canadianclassic
Nov 3, 2004

Biagini continues to own

Art Core...velay
Jun 16, 2013
are vin's post game comments online anywhere yet? tia

TheChaosPath
Jul 22, 2005

Colonel Whitey posted:

Yeah and so would have been a tiebreaker against StL. It's just a game to see who gets into the real playoffs.

If the "real" playoffs weren't really dumb I guess this would be an important distinction

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Yay Cubs! Yay Jays!

Good afternoon Vin :unsmith:

canadianclassic
Nov 3, 2004

lol @ jose bautista running away from the interview

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.

TheChaosPath posted:

If the "real" playoffs weren't really dumb I guess this would be an important distinction

True they should just make them all one game, then everyone could go home sooner

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

You tried to destroy it once before, Commodore.
The result was a wrecked ship and a dead crew.
Fun Shoe
No wonder Grilli has been blowing saves recently. Guy is clearly high as balls.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

lol

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Art Core...velay posted:

are vin's post game comments online anywhere yet? tia

it's everywhere

https://twitter.com/VinScullyTweet/status/782706837544050688?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
"yeah they're just trying to get it out of their system" he said knowin the cubs will choke post season

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
The Pittsburgh Pirates will win the World Series.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Who is the balding mullet guy in the Jays clubhouse, he is an insane person.

I enjoy how they keep loving with whoever is getting interviewed.

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

We can dance if we want to,
we can leave Marle behind.
'Cause your fiends don't dance,
and if they don't dance,
they'll get a Robo Fist of mine.

That wraps up a good regular season for my Cubbies. :unsmith:

I hope that when I'm back in the country, I can resume watching them in the NLCS and posting with the cool dudes here in SAS.

ScottyJSno
Aug 16, 2010

日本が大好きです!

Pancakes posted:

First time without playoff baseball since 2010. Still a winning season though, the 16th in the last 17 years. Oh well, congrats to all the playoff teams. Please make it interesting for the rest of us.

Can someone explain how the Cardinals had such a good season with a losing record at home?

2016 Under .500 teams with a Winning record at home:
Milwaukee
Colorado
Chi White Sox

2016 Over .500 teams with a home Losing record:
St. Louis

Not the 2016 Attendance
total = 3,399,875
Per game= 42,498
NL rank 2nd of 15

St. Louis Home record and MLB rank at home->
2016 = 37-43 / 23rd
2015 = 55-26 / 1st (t)
2014 = 51-30 / 3rd
2013 = 54-27 / 2nd
2012 = 50-31/ 7th
2011 = 45-36 / 10th
2010 = 52-29 / 5th
2009 = 46-35 / 13th
2008 = 46-35 / 15th
2007 = 43-38 / 17th
2006 = 49-31 / 5th
2005 = 50-31 / 5th
2004 = 53-28 / 3rd
Newest Busch Opens

To show perspective this same feat has happen 4 times since 2004.
2015 Cleveland Indians
2012 Philadelphia Phillies (and this was .500 exactly team)
2009 Atlanta Braves

WHY? I don`t even like St. Louis. :wtc:

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

god bless the cardinals

Alleric
Dec 10, 2002

Rambly Bastard...
Dear Cubs: Please get it the gently caress over with. I'm sick of hearing about the curse.

Dear Cardinals: Please get it the gently caress over with. You haven't made significant moves to bolster the team in many years. Especially if you're not picking up Holliday: go loving buy somebody.

P.S. Dear Giants: You pull this off and I will laugh so very hard.

Walked
Apr 14, 2003

Artix posted:

Yeah, but the season series didn't take place less than a week ago. :v:

For real though, Tillman is going to start and he's gonna get lit up and it's gonna be a great time. I'm gonna preemptively say that it won't be less than 10 combined runs.

I can't believe I'm going to type this, but: I think I'd prefer an Ubaldo start right now.

I know it's wrong and dirty but that's my hot take anyways

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

Walked posted:

I can't believe I'm going to type this, but: I think I'd prefer an Ubaldo start right now.

I know it's wrong and dirty but that's my hot take anyways

Gallardo. You know it's a guaranteed win.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Alleric posted:

Dear Cardinals: Please get it the gently caress over with. You haven't made significant moves to bolster the team in many years. Especially if you're not picking up Holliday: go loving buy somebody.

I mean who do you even want them to spend money on this offseason? I don't think there's anyone worth a reasonable sum of money.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the cards are going to have to deal with another crushing season of bringing up 4 guys no one's ever heard of, two of whom immediately become top-15 pitchers and the other two have /850 OPSes, and one has a profoundly stupid Cardinals Name like Scoop Kriskringle.

Alleric
Dec 10, 2002

Rambly Bastard...

Combo posted:

I mean who do you even want them to spend money on this offseason? I don't think there's anyone worth a reasonable sum of money.

I know, and that's the sad part. I'm just angsting.

I mean, when Heyward gave his "drat, those guys are old..." comments last year when he left for Chicago, I couldn't really argue with him. Yes, we've had some... ok... promotions from the farm, but nobody's really turned that magical corner into an every-day-reliability, let alone badassery. Fits and spurts all year from various youngsters... I don't know what they can do on the market really. It just felt much the same week one as it did at the end of the year: anemic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
AL Wild Card GDT is up: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3793201

• Locked thread