Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Madcosby posted:

30 minutes of football on one channel, then 2 hours of depression on another, then maybe 30 more minutes of depression but with football in the background

Given the state of our secondary, I am betting on a couple hours of depression without changing the channel.

Sup Falcons bros. It's that time again. Love you dudes but gently caress all of you for the next couple hours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Where is chilichimp?

This is like the deadest MNF GDT in a while.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Things going well but just waiting for the ugly side of the team to come out soon.... :ohdear:

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Naturally Selected posted:

Calling it now, Saints will win, falcons D can't hold on to their own pants, won't matter because as usual the aints will choke and die halfway through the season.

It hasn't been midseason choking. More like everyone in the division wants to play "give the lead away" and we don't have a defense.

Honestly we usually do 1-1 in these series and lots of times we lose the home game and win in ATL.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Special game tonight :downs:

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

A.o.D. posted:

That really shouldn't count as defense giving up that TD.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Phobeste posted:

i got a lovely pink gin and it's just delicious with tonic. doesn't even need a lime imo, just that light and botanical

What variety?

I got some tiny local distillery that made an "apiary gin" which was kinda a similar deal, buncha herbs in it, maybe a tiny bit of honey and some citrus notes. Real nice chilled and sipped.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Oh cool that defense is here

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Poonerman posted:

jesus how slow is the saints defense

Who?

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

That little circle on the field before the game was really rad and probably the most coordinated thing that's happened so far.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

MJBuddy posted:

I've never seen Brees run that first down play before. Great design

Yeah that was pretty sweet

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Asproigerosis posted:

Wish Philadelphia could get a pity super bowl win like New Orleans.

Well, we could kill off a thousand or so and see how it goes

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Silly Burrito posted:

Byrd hurt.

Water wet.

Sun yellow.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Our defense is, by its nature, bad. But, the injuries so far are loving bad. We are getting reamed in secondary injuries and it really sucks to see a good offense get squandered again. Hard to even say if its the coaching this time around.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Everything about tonight sucks except this loving awesome buzz I have going.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

:peanut:

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

A.o.D. posted:

Fire Sean Payton.

The curse of Lousiana Sports is that your head coach can only have 1 good skill / coordinator at a given time and cannot possibly develop a QB or get an OC (Miles) or get a defensive coordinator (Payton).

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

NC-17 posted:

I wonder how much he would enjoy winning.

What's his price on that?

Strangely enough just a few $1-5000 payments to defensive players at the right times.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

NippleFloss posted:

Less than 25 million dollars or whatever he makes. He's got a ring and a lot of money and will go to the hall of fame. He's probably pretty happy most of the time.

I liked my answer better

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Little did I expect that I would feel pretty good at the end of the debate and then turn back to this game to be disgusted.

Benne posted:

How do Saints fans watch this defense every week

A shitload of booze and a handy copy of the 2009 superbowl man.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

NippleFloss posted:

Honestly I find it hard to get too upset about Saints football. They won a ring in my lifetime, were consistent contenders for a little while there, I've gotten to watch a hall of fame QB play for a decade...that's a lot more than many fans get.

Amen brother

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Matt Ryan aggressively jogging up the sideline.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Nervous posted:

Drew Brees is a shell of his former self.

Edit: Lol nope.

lol

He's been fine so far this year.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Chromatic posted:

Brees is still good but not as good as he used to be. He'll be retired in a year or two

Every time someone says this Brees has a +4500yd season.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Grittybeard posted:

Huh, after looking it up he hasn't had a season with yardage totals that low in 7 years.

Yeah it's always hilarious in GDTs because someone always comes in and sees Drew throwing a bad pass because we have no defense and are down by a ton late in the game and the common thing is "Brees is done, he's been in decline forever lol" and you can just point on him being on the cusp of 5k yds almost every year.

I mean he misses some throws he might have made 7 years ago sure. But, the dude is still amazingly sharp compared to all but 3-4 other guys in the league and with an even slightly below average defense would be in the GOAT conversation.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Brannock posted:

This sounds like the arguments people would make in favor of Tony Romo/Jay Cutler fwiw

Naturally Selected posted:

What else can you say when your team with the totally GOAT QB and super awesome everything hasn't even seen the playoffs in like 4 years, and hasn't won dick for even longer than that.

Brees is great, Brees is great, look we've made almost as many as points as the patriots on the season oh look we didn't even make wildcard again. On the scale of browns to jaguars, how depressing must it be to be a fan of that team?

No ones comparing Brees to Romo or Cutler nor are we blaming the success (or lack of) of the team on him.

Not really sure what points you two are trying to make. The original comment was about people talking about how Brees is "done" or "falling off" and the numbers dont support that at all.

The team as whole hasnt been successful but thats obvious to ... everyone, that its been a literally historically bad defense to blame for most of that.

Anyway, keep hating or whatever this is. We know that Brees is a great QB. It's evident by a large number of tangibles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

WHOOPS posted:

Brees passing yards by season:
2011: 5476
2012: 5177
2013: 5162
2014: 4952
2015: 4870

Buddy, I hate to tell you but that is a literal decline in numbers. Drew Brees is toast.

Uh yeah OK, >4500 yds is terrible. He should quit.

• Locked thread