Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there wondering, fearing,
Doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before;
But the silence was unbroken, and the stillness gave no token,
And the only word there spoken was the whispered word, “Lenore?”
This I whispered, and an echo murmured back the word, “Lenore!”—
Merely this and nothing more.

Back into the chamber turning, all my soul within me burning,
Soon again I heard a tapping somewhat louder than before.
“Surely,” said I, “surely that is something at my window lattice;
Let me see, then, what thereat is, and this mystery explore—
Let my heart be still a moment and this mystery explore;—
’Tis the wind and nothing more!”

Open here I flung the shutter, when, with many a flirt and flutter,
In there stepped a stately Raven of the saintly days of yore;
Not the least obeisance made he; not a minute stopped or stayed he;
But, with mien of lord or lady, perched above my chamber door—
Perched upon a bust of Pallas just above my chamber door—
Perched, and sat, and nothing more.

Then this ebony bird beguiling my sad fancy into smiling,
By the grave and stern decorum of the countenance it wore,
“Though thy crest be shorn and shaven, thou,” I said, “art sure no craven,
Ghastly grim and ancient Raven wandering from the Nightly shore—
Tell me what thy lordly name is on the Night’s Plutonian shore!”
Quoth the Raven

Welcome one and all, to the official :spooky: Scream Scream:spooky: thread for this October. What started as a way to celebrate Halloween with a few online friends has grown into a yearly tradition that I want to share with everyone. If you love horror movies and the season of the witch even half as much as I do, or if you just want to hang out with some goons and watch movies this October, you'll fit right in. Now, let me explain how this works.

Every Friday, Saturday and Sunday for all of October, at 8:30 EST, I'll be streaming two horror films a night, along with some other light halloween-themed entertainment to break it up. The stream is hosted on this Ustream channel, and sometimes here when Ustream decides it wants to suck(I previously used connectcast as backup, but they've completely changed their TOS and are horrid now). That's a minimum of 24 horror films for the whole of the month, a worthwhile celebration of the best of all holidays. Except this month, due to the calendar being weird, we're doing two extra nights, starting this Saturday. So that's 28 films total! What a bargain!

Every Scream Stream has its own Scream Theme, and this year the theme of the films shown will be "Based on the award-winning novel". I'll be streaming films adapted from books or short stories all month. Some of the most iconic horror films ever made are based on novels, but so are some lesser-known gems (and a few not so great ones). For variety's sake, I've limited the Stephen King and Clive Barker adaptations to 2 per writer. Sorry guys, you get enough exposure as it is!

The usual disclaimer applies that I haven't seen everything I'll be streaming, so surprises are in store for all of us. As is tradition, I'll also be showing something after the second movie for you night owls.

A candid photo of me doing research for this year's lineup

But the fun of the Scream Stream doesn't just stop at watching awesome horror movies with cool and handsome people! We also have prizes! What kind of prizes? Well how's about :

Every single Friday night, you'll have your chance to enter a raffle to win a pizza that will be delivered on the following night, to enjoy while you watch your movies! You have to tune in for the details. Now, obviously, there won't be a raffle on the first 'bonus' week-end, but every week after that is Pizza City! Here are some satisfied winners from the past:

I love doing the Scream Stream every year, and I hope to see some new faces along with the regulars this go-round. So here's to another October filled with gore, thrills, good friends, delicious pizza, and other ghoulish delights! :ghost:

Lurdiak fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Sep 27, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Scream Stream Museum: A walk down memory lane

Previously watched films

Previous Scream Stream intros

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyOebimeruU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpI9WZdIe30

Lurdiak fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Sep 27, 2016

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

SCREAM STREAM 4 MONSTER HALL OF FAME

Here's what we've watched so far this month!

Interview With The Vampire

The Howling

The Last Man On Earth

Lifeforce

Extraordinary Tales

Christine

The Exorcist

Carnosaur

Candyman

John Dies At The End

Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1978)

Horror of Dracula

Witchfinder General (aka The Conqueror Worm)

The Manitou

The Haunting (1963)

Pontypool

Don't Look Now (1973)

Stir of Echoes

Frankenstein (1931) (Remaster)

Jekyll and Hyde, Together Again

The Sentinel

Angel Heart

Rope

The Legend of Hell House

The Relic

The Mangler

Rosemary's Baby

Hellraiser

Lurdiak fucked around with this message at 11:06 on Nov 1, 2016

Watrick
Mar 15, 2007

C:enter:###
:woop:

I'm stoked for this year. I seem to be closing on weekend though. You bet your rear end I'll be around when I can.

Kharn_The_Betrayer
Nov 15, 2013

Fun Shoe
I'll be there

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Voted #1 stream of SA

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

Hoping to scam some easy book reports with this year's stream.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
So drat excited. Hoping there's some new-to-mes in the selections. Also I love debating these films, as past years have proven that Lurdiak and I have absolutely opposite tastes in films oftentimes, but we're able to actually debate it in a civilized manner. I shall do my best to make as many weekends as I can!

PinkoBastard
Oct 3, 2010
I'm gonna catch as many of these as I can, generally I'll be around Saturday and Sunday nights. I'm really excited for this!

Vakal
May 11, 2008
I don't care what gets show as long as we get some of that sweet, sweet, Ernest Le Vampire action between movies.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Nice, glad this is back. My neighborhood theater is doing Saturday night midnight horror shows this month (Green Room, Psycho, Shaun of the Dead, It Follows, and Evil Dead 2), and this should be a fun way to amp up for those. Thanks for doing this again, Lurdiak!

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
Looking forward to joining y'all for at least some of this again!

Twitch may not be the best alternative though, as they're pretty quick to ban this kind of thing, unless that's changed really recently.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Now that I've had a year to think about it I think Plus Minus is actually a better name.

Saint Freak fucked around with this message at 13:06 on Sep 27, 2016

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

We in this bitch.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
I showed up for this last year, right

Watrick
Mar 15, 2007

C:enter:###
I want to remind everyone that Lurdiak is a sand king.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Looking forward to this! I still live in fear of deadly, deadly pipes from last year!

I also wonder how many Outer Limits episodes we'll watch this year, complete with discovering that the ones I watched as a kid were edited.

JetpackJeezus
Jul 27, 2011

Heaven Can Wait
Looking forward to catching more of the streams this year! Last year I didn't find out about it until after the first couple of nights. Still need to get around to watching Shadow of the Vampire since I only got to see some of the ending.

Judge Holdren
Mar 30, 2012

Awwww yissss last year was my first Scream Stream and I've been dying for the next one ever since. May Dash X and his palpably shoe-horned 90's edginess reign supreme, even if he doesn't make an appearance this year.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Watrick posted:

I want to remind everyone that Lurdiak is a sand king.

And hates dogs.

MisterBibs posted:

Looking forward to this! I still live in fear of deadly, deadly pipes from last year!

I also wonder how many Outer Limits episodes we'll watch this year, complete with discovering that the ones I watched as a kid were edited.

Well considering the year before that the after party show was Tales From The Crypt instead of Outer Limits, I'm going to guess zero.

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

JetpackJeezus posted:

Looking forward to catching more of the streams this year! Last year I didn't find out about it until after the first couple of nights. Still need to get around to watching Shadow of the Vampire since I only got to see some of the ending.

Oh, man, you need to watch it all.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Saint Freak posted:

Now that I've had a year to think about it I think Plus Minus is actually a better name.

Judge Holdren posted:

Awwww yissss last year was my first Scream Stream and I've been dying for the next one ever since. May Dash X and his palpably shoe-horned 90's edginess reign supreme, even if he doesn't make an appearance this year.

Just last month I was telling my friend about my movie idea of Dash X as a washed up meth head still living in Eerie on government assistance and pining for the days of being a cool edgy teen.

Jenny Angel posted:

I showed up for this last year, right

No, that was Johnny Angles.

banned from Starbucks posted:

Voted #1 stream of SA

:O

mikeycp posted:

Looking forward to joining y'all for at least some of this again!

Twitch may not be the best alternative though, as they're pretty quick to ban this kind of thing, unless that's changed really recently.

Yeah, I know, but I'm willing to risk it to keep the show going.

Lurdiak fucked around with this message at 10:43 on Sep 28, 2016

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I always preferred X Minus. Also coincidentally, he was in a dream of mine last night. It was a weird and complex dream where reality broke down, but his role included literally kicking me out of an ambulance a non-existent sibling was comatose in. As in, a boot to the chest.

Andrew Verse
Mar 30, 2011

Last year's Scream Stream taught me that there are actually a lot more good Outer Limits episodes than I remembered there being. On the other hand, the bad episodes were much worse than I remembered.

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Andrew Verse posted:

Last year's Scream Stream taught me that there are actually a lot more good Outer Limits episodes than I remembered there being. On the other hand, the bad episodes were much worse than I remembered.

The reboot of Outer Limits was actually really good. Not everything was a winner, but there was definitely a ton more good than bad/average.

User-Friendly
Apr 27, 2008

Is There a God? (Pt. 9)
Aw, poo poo. I'm working Friday nights 10-12 all month, and won't be around for the pizza drawings. Looking forward to the stream though!

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

"Here's a big, beautiful avatar for someone"
Wouldn't miss it for anything

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

MisterBibs posted:

Yes, who could forget the two scariest Big Bads from last year.

not to scale(?)

fr0id
Jul 27, 2016

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
Super jazzed for this! I took an English class in college that was supposed to be "Literature in Film" that had zero required reading and was just the professor showing us Hitchcock films based on books and Peeping Tom. I love me some literature and film.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

I love Scream Stream.

But lmao at the pizza pic with the fork and knife.

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

"Here's a big, beautiful avatar for someone"
Another year goes by with no pizza places delivering in my area...:(

This is probably something I ask every year, but can orders be placed for pick-up? I wouldn't miss the scream stream... but I would make someone else :hb:

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Dr.Caligari posted:

This is probably something I ask every year, but can orders be placed for pick-up? I wouldn't miss the scream stream... but I would make someone else :hb:

Meanwhile, I'm in the situation every year where I have a place that delivers, but you can't make online orders, so no surprise topping choices like most winners get :(

Rivarz
Oct 11, 2004
He who flows like water
I get more excited about Scream Stream than any other holiday or event all year long.

Dr.Caligari posted:

Choco1980 posted:

Meanwhile, I'm in the situation every year where I have a place that delivers, but you can't make online orders, so no surprise topping choices like most winners get :(

It may not be great, but I live in a town of 8,000 and our Pizza Hut delivers and allows online orders (and payment). I didn't know that until the bonus night last year.

Rivarz fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Sep 30, 2016

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

Of the 4 places to get food in my town so tiny there's no stoplight, one's a gas station subway, one's a mediocre burger and a beer place with lousy service, one's a pizza place that doesn't deliver, and the fourth is the one that does. It's a mom and pop place who actually have really decent 'za, but they don't have an online marketplace. You can look at the menu online at least.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Tiny Lowtax posted:

I love Scream Stream.

But lmao at the pizza pic with the fork and knife.

To be fair that thing was so loving huge that there was no dignified way to eat it.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Is this kicking off at midnight tonight or tomorrow evening?

Build-a-Boar
Feb 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I forgot about this! Hooray!

Sadly I can't participate in the pizza raffle because it ends up being like 4am my time when it happens and no pizza place is wise enough to stay open until that time, but I bought a couple frozen pizzas today so I can pretend I won them.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Jose Oquendo posted:

Is this kicking off at midnight tonight or tomorrow evening?

Tomorrow evening. I'm eager, but not THAT eager.

Build-a-Boar posted:

I forgot about this! Hooray!

Sadly I can't participate in the pizza raffle because it ends up being like 4am my time when it happens and no pizza place is wise enough to stay open until that time, but I bought a couple frozen pizzas today so I can pretend I won them.

I feel your pizza pain.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

Lurdiak posted:

Tomorrow evening. I'm eager, but not THAT eager.

You should announce Saturday's lineup tonight. I don't really have any reason why you should, but I wish you would!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

Basebf555 posted:

You should announce Saturday's lineup tonight. I don't really have any reason why you should, but I wish you would!

Me too, buddy. Me too.

• Locked thread