Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Astro7x posted:

They may technically be three separate 1 hour shows, which is why you see the copyright at the top of every hour. But Smackdown is just one 2 hour show for some reason.

Advertisers i think?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

StarkRavingMad posted:

Nosedived after the first hour.

The Big Draw, Roman Reigns
now thats paper

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

A 10% drop from last week against the Super Bowl is honestly pretty admirable. Those viewers will be with the company until the day they die. No idea what it would take to get lower

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

oatgan posted:

A 10% drop from last week against the Super Bowl is honestly pretty admirable. Those viewers will be with the company until the day they die. No idea what it would take to get lower

more Steph segments

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

IcePhoenix posted:

Going against a debate and a football game where like eighty points were scored that's not awful

Football actually lost 4 million viewers and dropped a full third of its audience , so it was basically the debate.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

exploding mummy posted:

Football actually lost 4 million viewers and dropped a full third of its audience , so it was basically the debate.
Not to mention that Falcons/Saints wasn't an intriguing matchup

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
Good number. 2 million people will watch Raw no matter how bad it gets or what else is happening the world. The world could be ending and Raw could be 3 hours of Stephanie and 2 million will still watch.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I'm going to... watch... Smackdown...

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Super Ninja Fish posted:

Good number. 2 million people will watch Raw no matter how bad it gets or what else is happening the world. The world could be ending and Raw could be 3 hours of Stephanie and 2 million will still watch.

It make me wonder how they only have 1.49 million subscribers WORLDWIDE, when you have 2 million people so dedicated to watching this show on USA in the states. LIke, what are these people holding out on that they'll sit through this garbage every single week but won't pay :10bux: for the good stuff

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
Cesaro coming to some important life decisions on twitter.

https://twitter.com/WWECesaro/status/780746501706440709

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Astro7x posted:

It make me wonder how they only have 1.49 million subscribers WORLDWIDE, when you have 2 million people so dedicated to watching this show on USA in the states. LIke, what are these people holding out on that they'll sit through this garbage every single week but won't pay :10bux: for the good stuff

What person would watch 5 hours of Raw and Smackdown and decide they need more?

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

oatgan posted:

If the demos are any indication them dropping dead will do it

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Soothing Vapors posted:

Cesaro coming to some important life decisions on twitter.

https://twitter.com/WWECesaro/status/780746501706440709

There are way too many guys doing topes every match at the moment. So much risk for a move that doesn't even look that good most of the time.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

rare Magic card l00k posted:

Only watch PPVs and NXT. Everything else is a waste.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

JT Smiley posted:

There are way too many guys doing topes every match at the moment. So much risk for a move that doesn't even look that good most of the time.

and then there's dean's, which has no risk and looks awful. the best of both worlds

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Dean's the only smart one. If you have a choice between landing on your head or landing on your feet, land on your feet

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010

Aye Doc posted:

and then there's dean's, which has no risk and looks awful. the best of both worlds

King Cuerno launches himself like a loving missile and he never lands like he is about to snap.
Some people just got it, I guess

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

JT Smiley posted:

Yeah it's really not even a cool enough move to justify the risk involved. Especially when like 6 guys do them.

Aye Doc posted:

honestly Dean's is the scariest of all because he is so critically incompetent at doing it there is no way to tell what he will land on

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

RacistGuidingLight posted:

You're making a wise decision.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

JamMasterJim posted:

King Cuerno launches himself like a loving missile and he never lands like he is about to snap.

Most of the guys in WWE seem to be cool with coming down on their shoulders/head. If you watch Cuerno he will use the guy he lands on to swing his feet back under him as he falls.

Baby Babbeh
Aug 2, 2005

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you work with Turkeys!!

Suicide dives were cool when they didn't happen in every single 10 minute match on Raw. Plus most of the people who do them shouldn't, either because it looks like poo poo (Dean), it looks dangerous as poo poo (Big E), or they have way more impressive moves and don't need that spot (Cesaro).

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

rare Magic card l00k posted:

Me.

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

bradzilla posted:

You're making a wise decision.

Unlike your decision to troll me.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

JamMasterJim posted:

Well not when he dons the Hijo De Fantasma gimmick..

Pinche Rudo fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Sep 28, 2016

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

RacistGuidingLight posted:

Hell, same! Look forward to posting with ya there, bud.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
Sounds like The Kevin Owens Show is getting ratings similar to The Paul Reiser Show

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWRis-_2uVQ

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Midnightghoul posted:

Sounds like The Kevin Owens Show is getting ratings similar to The Paul Reiser Show

Headed to The Chevy Chase Show it seems..

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Soothing Vapors posted:

Smackdown has the opposite problem to Raw though, you have 3 strong faces and then on the heel side the dropoff after AJ is hilarious.

The Miz? Bound to the midcard until he drops the strap, and he should in no way drop it anytime soon.
Bray Wyatt? Dolph Ziggler (eventually)? Baron Corbin? No one cares.

I almost wish you could somehow take the rosters of both shows and like somehow combine them into one unified roster. You could then have wrestlers from both shows fight one another, which might create some fresh and interesting matchups. Also you wouldn't have two incredibly anemic tag and womens' divisions. I don't know if it'd ever be possible, just something to think about
If Raw and SD shared rosters again this is what would happen, you'd have the same guys wrestle each other on Raw and SD and trade wins for eternity until the next feud started

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I'm live at Smackdown. Crowd is pretty hype watching Kane get beaten up

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Seth is the worst baby face ever. He's a whiner because he hasn't got a free ticket any more. He comes across like a petulant teen. He needed a promo where he acknowledged the shortcuts he took as being bad, or something at least.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

cesaro has a pretty sweet tornillo he should do that instead

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Grandma Sweater Otunga

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Wow wrong thread

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Alan_Shore posted:

Seth is the worst baby face ever. He's a whiner because he hasn't got a free ticket any more. He comes across like a petulant teen. He needed a promo where he acknowledged the shortcuts he took as being bad, or something at least.

Imagine how much better things would have been if the guy just came back as a face instead of trying to regurgitate his year long heel run.

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
Someone on reddit had the best name for Cesaro/Seamus

"Dublin 07"

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Solus posted:

Someone on reddit had the best name for Cesaro/Seamus

"Dublin 07"

I was proud of mine but this is fantastic

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
OP updated with No Mercy matches and SD results.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
my solution for the bad ratings: bring back blading

• Locked thread