Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me
I just start bustin some caps
Kinda run of the mill to be honest. Hillary's lines seemed a bit flat and ill timed but Trump definitely seemed to start talking for long stretches of time pretty much incoherently. I feel like the anchors and news people wanted it to be crazier than it was.

Tom Brokaw at the end going 'surprised they didn't mention black on black crime!' like a dumbo.

e: there's already 80 of you in here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

I didn't watch it, but if YikYak posts are any indication, I missed absolutely nothing of value.

I'm still writing in Orville Redenbacher.

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

DERRRRRPPP what are picture threads for????

She had a few planned one liners that absolutely fell flat, but Trump just went off the rails about 20 minutes in.

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
I thought it was weird hillary was baiting trump and not the other way around imo.

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
it felt good. i felt like both candidates really understand my needs as a citizen, and would be willing to listen to my thoughts if i were to juke out their hulking armed security

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

i watched preseason hockey instead

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

... you're just creepy ...
I liked how he brought up all her secret scandals the right brings up in their own media circles but says "I'm not gonna bring it up!!"

dodecahardon
Oct 20, 2008
The debates filled me with pride in my country and confidence in our political process.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
Hillary went up Donald's rear end with a chain saw and just kind of waved it around. Donald sniffed a lot and cried like a little bithc at the end. :sad:

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006
my observations:

1) trump said a lot of things that didn't mean anything but he also had some good zingers too
2) hillary probably couldn't pass a turing test
3) tom brokaw needed a nap

i'm scoring this 48-47 hillary by majority decision

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me
Also I couldn't stop watching Trump's face while Hillary was speaking. He was like an LA Noire NPC.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Roylicious posted:

Also I couldn't stop watching Trump's face while Hillary was speaking. He was like an LA Noire NPC.
Now I'm imagining watching the debate while smashing "X" on an Xbox controller over and over again to doubt.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

That background is so distracting, even sober.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Roylicious posted:

He was like an LA Noire NPC.

boner confessor fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Sep 27, 2016

Cyber Punk 90210
Jan 7, 2004

The War Has Changed
I heard Trump has the best cyber - it's fantastic!

Boof Bonser
Jan 26, 2015

nvj is touched by your generosity!
Politicians always go into these debates in speech mode with little pre-prepared nuggets of oration that they are just looking for excuses to drop in, and it invariably gives the debates a feeling of two assholes talking past one another. If they looked at it as a cross-examination instead of a chance to drop speech nuggets, they would actually do a lot better. Hillary could have scored big points and made Trump look like an idiot a'la Rick Perry at the beginning when he was saying that she supports "regulations on top of regulations that would make it impossible to start a business." If she looked at him and just said "Please name one specific regulation that I support and explain how it would make it impossible for anyone to start a business" he would have looked retarded. Instead she just launched into another pre-packaged bit.

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

My favorite parts were trump bragging about not having to admit guilt for his racist business practices and his tax dodging

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

His answer to the birther thing was also pretty funny.. this Trump g uy must be retarded

Boof Bonser
Jan 26, 2015

I also enjoyed the part where Trump was trying to trot our character witnesses who could testify that he has totes always been against the Iraq War and he kept shouting "WHY WON'T ANYONE CALL SEAN HANNITY?!?"

Uh, because he's a dick and nobody wants to?

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me
When he said Hillary has been fighting ISIS her entire adult life I was a little confused I gotta say. I mean I think I know what he was trying to get at but at the same time she wasn't responsible for the war in Iraq and Afghanistan so...

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Trump gave a shout out to Howard Stern during the debate, but he did not follow it up with any "Ba Ba Booeys" so I will not be voting for him.

Boof Bonser
Jan 26, 2015

Carmant posted:

My favorite parts were trump bragging about not having to admit guilt for his racist business practices and his tax dodging

"We settled the case with no admission of wrongdoing!"

Yeah, no poo poo Trumples. That is how literally every legal settlement works.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

I liked when he trailed off talking about men in suits behind curtains in Manhattan.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
I didn't watch it but I'm ready to argue ferociously on the internet about who won

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

"What I like to call, Trumped-Up Trickle-Down economics!"
-Peggy Hill

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
So Hillary is going to be president then?

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Are you Americans gonna save face right at the finishing line? Lets watch and see

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me

Zzulu posted:

If ya'll can keep Europe from exploding for a couple months then sure probably.

e: maybe when US intelligence gives a European country a report and clear warning of an impending attack that European country should not sneer down its nose at the USA but ayyyy

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
you clowns wrecked a country and all its mess came floating to us,

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Zzulu posted:

hillary was always going to win, she has a giant built in advantage in the electoral college. the us media is trying to make it more of an even race because that attracts more viewers than telling the truth about how trump has a really hard road ahead of him to win. he has to win five crucial swing states in order to win in november and it's not likely that he will get them all. and most of those five states obama won in '08 and '12

Stuffguyman
Jun 3, 2007
Admittedly Trump didn't do too well, but I'm more afraid people are going to think Hilary winning a debate means she will make a good president. :ohdear:

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I thought it sucked poo poo, almost as bad as the Saints sucked poo poo last night

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

*MAGAS internally*

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Stuffguyman posted:

Admittedly Trump didn't do too well, but I'm more afraid people are going to think Hilary winning a debate means she will make a good president. :ohdear:

This is what the televised debates are for.

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Trump's mouth opened and words came out. Therefore he lost.

I hate yankees
Apr 29, 2008
i dunno that moderator was pretty bad and abuela came off as a shrill pta mom

Homeroom Fingering
Apr 25, 2009

The secret history (((they))) don't want you to know
I was hoping Trump would get into an screaming match with a baby in the first row and Hillary would stroke out on live television. I was greatly disappointed.

garfield hentai
Feb 29, 2004
I heard the audience cheering a few times but you never really saw them... you really have to wonder if it was added in post to sway people's opinions w/ biases... maybe it's nothing but it's pretty suspicious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manticorny
Sep 7, 2016

It's a sad and beautiful world.

• Locked thread