Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
I mostly just posted in games and QCS but I read BYOB a little bit too and it was alright but I'm just glad GBS is back so I don't need to expose myself to new things anymore what about the rest of you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

... you're just creepy ...

Aralan posted:

I mostly just posted in games and QCS but I read BYOB a little bit too and it was alright but I'm just glad GBS is back so I don't need to expose myself to new things anymore what about the rest of you

I went on the dark web and am now addicted to prescription painkillers.

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark
Christ if GBS had been gone another minute or two, I was in danger of having to interact with other people face to face or even... go outside.
*Shudders goonishly*

Fishlifters
Jul 25, 2016

Smell you later!
BYOB is pretty sweet it turns out

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

I was already posting in BYOB beforehand so I just posted there more, along with a few threads in Games and NMD. Nothing too special.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Aralan posted:

I want to know how you are posting with a 100k probe!

Jick Magger
Dec 27, 2005
Grimey Drawer
I mostly just stared at the list of forums, wondering what sort of shenanigans I could be watching if GBS had still existed.

The rest of the time was spent wondering how I'd become so reliant on a comedy website forum for social interaction.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
I didn't even know we had ten minute probations, I guess there are still new things I can learn here in GBS

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf
I went to reddit and read relationship threads and sighed wistfully as I imagined how GBS would react.

Honor Stud For Rent
Sep 27, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I posted in the ATDRW and on offsites like hipinion and made a few new accounts.

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
the red october

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

the same ones that i posted in while GBS was alive. always diversify your posting portfolio

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS
I hung out in QCS with all the calm level headed folk

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

symbolic posted:

I was already posting in BYOB beforehand so I just posted there more, along with a few threads in Games and NMD. Nothing too special.

I missed seeing your av.

I used to cruise BYOB for the bad webcomic thread, but only because that's where it was finally punted off to! They really do seem like GBS but with less of the GBS poo poo.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

Y-Hat posted:

the same ones that i posted in while GBS was alive. always diversify your posting portfolio

Yeah, I was already posting in games before, you might say I'm a bit of a regular in threads about flushing your money down F2P toilets

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Wicker Man posted:

I missed seeing your av.
It's a sweet av. :kimchi:

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

come to think of it, i started posting in QCS just to say to take their time with the new GBS. also started posting in PYF to follow a few threads there, may make that one that i go back to

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
I hung out in P/C with all the other cool woke posters

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

Darth123123 posted:

I want to know how you are posting with a 100k probe!

I apologized like a little baby for sassing zdr and he let me post again. I was probed at the beginning of this thread because I'm pretty sure the mods were jealous of my pro first posting game

Roylicious
Feb 21, 2012

Braver than the cops
ain't afraid of no chaps
If they steppin up on me
I just start bustin some caps

Aralan posted:

I apologized like a little baby for sassing zdr and he let me post again

But at what cost?

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

i humbly posted in byob, and i told many tales and forged new alliances there. i've come away from the experience with a new lease on life, and a true zest for posting

Nic Cage dick cage
Jun 23, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
One forum talking about Brahms and another about lifting heavy stuff.

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014
I grew out of 4chan and migrated here after the unironic Neo nazi invasion, it turns out it's still full of nazis

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

The wrestling forum, YOSPOS and dabbled in BYOB

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

Mostly I lurked TCC and posted a couple times in BYOB. I'm glad gibbis is back though.

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

BYOB, QCS (which doesn't really count in this case, I think), and started going back into GWS.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
I thought they just changed the name to Paranormal/Conspiracy Forum. The posts were pretty much the same.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Nowhere new, really. I already haunted QCS, am somehow like the number 2 poster on the Haus of Tech Support under SH/SC, and threads that started in GBS but had relocated already been moved elsewhere, like the Bundy thread that is now in C-SPAM .

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.
I hid out in the hinterlands of PYF.

Nic Cage dick cage
Jun 23, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Dreddout posted:

I hid out in the hinterlands of PYF.

I did not know PYF had a hinterlands someone should make a map

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
C Spam is p cool and I'm going to chill there more.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
SAS as i am a shameless baseball poster

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

BYOB is a nice place and I will definitely visit again from time to time but I'm glad my "comfort zone" is back

ass
Sep 22, 2011
Young Orc
It's actually pretty drat clever how the admins deleted GBS and indirectly caused people to explore the 100 other forums on this website.

Safety Scissors
Feb 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
That just depends on how you look at it. Personally, I consider GBS as a subforum for shitposting.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

I migrated to BYOB with my meager belongings and have made a new life for myself there.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

I dipped my toe in BYOB. It was better than expected.

Honor Stud For Rent
Sep 27, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I went to the all feminist secret girls club forums and talked football strats.

Vastarien
Dec 20, 2012

Where I live is nightmare, thus a certain nonchalance.

Buglord
I just sort of stumbled around, confused, not knowing what to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drink Dr Pepper actually
Oct 11, 2012
I tried to catch up in Star Citizen. Now gbs is back, I'm still 6000 posts behind, and I'll never know if it's become a real game or not :smith:

• Locked thread