Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best thing
Londo's hair
G'kars moral outrage
Delenn's accent
Ivanova's rampant alcoholism
Sheridans return from zahadun :goku:
View Results

• Locked thread
Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.

Citizen G'kar posted:

G'Quan wrote, "There is a greater darkness than the one we fight. It is the darkness of the soul that has lost its way. The war we fight is not against powers and principalities, it is against chaos and despair. Greater than the death of flesh is the death of hope, the death of dreams. Against this peril we can never surrender. The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born... in pain."

WB babylon 5 thread. WB GBS.

OK, WHAT THE HELL IS THIS THING?!?!?

Basically it's the show ds9 could have been and almost was. On the downside, it's low budget and somewhat cheaply theatric in a stage theater sort of sense. On the upside, it is incredibly intelligent, thoughtful, well thought out and scripted, and features character development that IMO isn't matched by any other tv show in history.

To use the show's early-gen 3d space scenes as a metaphor for the show itself, the human fighters called "starfuries" might not have as many triangles as you are used to, but the way they were designed actually gave nasa engineers some ideas.

WATCH THIS SHOW IT IS GODDAMNED AMAZING. If you think DS9 is the best trek and haven't seen this, you are seriously gonna blow a lot of loads.

Nathilus fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Sep 28, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
Babylon 5 is the official space television show of GBS. Miles O'Brien can come by and hang out.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
This thread doesn't seem to be about Voyager??

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

angerbeet posted:

This thread doesn't seem to be about Voyager??

Correct it is about the legit best space show, not the jokingly "best" space show. https://youtu.be/Jli3ruqWYlc

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
You missed quite a few others, OP:
  • G'Kar and Londo in the elevator.
  • G'Kar learns the truth about Adira's murder.
  • Kosh as Sheridan's father.
  • Sheridan's torture.
  • Londo complains about the inaccuracy of his likeness; a teddy bear gets spaced.
  • Vir gets what he wanted.
  • And so many more.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
The Expanse isn't perfect but the name reminds me of goatse

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

Absurd Alhazred posted:

You missed quite a few others, OP:
  • G'Kar and Londo in the elevator.
  • G'Kar learns the truth about Adira's murder.
  • Kosh as Sheridan's father.
  • Sheridan's torture.
  • Londo complains about the inaccuracy of his likeness; a teddy bear gets spaced.
  • Vir gets what he wanted.
  • And so many more.

Word but I didnt want the pole to have 25 options, I'm lazy. Everyone is just gonna click all the checkboxes and move on anyway. If there is a scene you feel needs to be here, just link it. Here's the "vir grows balls" one.
https://youtu.be/t8MjQ5Z7ZNo

Bonus: vir gets what he wants https://youtu.be/47DfQcHMYLY

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Can Sheridan win?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7uqCZCgRKU

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

Dude can come back from the dead, YES HE CAN!

This discussion was had in the previous thread, but I'll reiterate here for the doofuses who were too scared to read gbs before: I REALLY hated sheridan at first but god drat he super grows on you.

Ivanova learns about drazi culture. https://youtu.be/AcBTOU7RvbU

Nathilus fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Sep 28, 2016

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Can I rename this thread to have Babylon 5 in the title? It is the best space show but we want to reach the people who haven't seen it yet and think lexx is the best space show, instead.

PS I'm totally itching to rewatch this, need to make an abbreviated episode list since I already am certain that humans will be allowed to fight in the mutai.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Can I rename this thread to have Babylon 5 in the title? It is the best space show but we want to reach the people who haven't seen it yet and think lexx is the best space show, instead.

PS I'm totally itching to rewatch this, need to make an abbreviated episode list since I already am certain that humans will be allowed to fight in the mutai.

Sure. The original title was merely a joke about the voyager thread and I'm not married to it.

E: I'll spice up the op too. I wasnt trying to seriously hook anyone with it.

Nathilus fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Sep 28, 2016

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Why is thread about Babylon 5, when the title clearly implies that it's about Outlaw Star?

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx
I want to watch babylon 5 but it's not on Netflix. Instead I'm watching Farscape and there is way too much weird alien sex

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0N3L-pcGdc

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

AugmentedVision posted:

I want to watch babylon 5 but it's not on Netflix. Instead I'm watching Farscape and there is way too much weird alien sex
I understand not wanting to make your characters sexless star trek monks, but in practice the alternatives are far worse.

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

Thanks for posting this for normal people who had no idea what the gently caress Outlaw Star is, didn't know it was anime, and therefore wouldn't have armed the owns

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

I understand not wanting to make your characters sexless star trek monks, but in practice the alternatives are far worse.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
You changed the title and now my posts look ridiculous.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Babylon 5 is when I first found something and went "too nerdy for my blood."

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJmuHNDcXLQ

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand. The Centauri learned this lesson once. We will teach it to them again. Though it take a thousand years, we will be free."

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNaykftl5bY

"But the Centauri are-"
"A LOST PEOPLE! They are to be pitied! They are already on a course for self-destruction - they do not need help from us!"

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

Milky Moor posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJmuHNDcXLQ

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand. The Centauri learned this lesson once. We will teach it to them again. Though it take a thousand years, we will be free."

G'kar is my favorite character in the show. He spends a third or a half of it mad as all hell, then turns into The Buddha. RIP katsulas. You also made a kickass romulan. <3

ijii
Mar 17, 2007
I'M APPARENTLY GAY AND MY POSTING SUCKS.
How many times am I supposed to marathon this series? Once a year? Once every other year?

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

I'm down for a B5 watch thread. Speaking of which, the House MD watch thread should be moved out of graveyard, imo. a link to house thread is here, for convenience(?)

Ork of Fiction fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Sep 28, 2016

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry
Talia Winters or Lyta Alexander?

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.
No thank you.

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

lexx is the best space show

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

seems like u love babylon 5 but....

how is babbylon for?

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Ork of Fiction posted:

I'm down for a B5 watch thread. Speaking of which, the House MD watch thread should be moved out of graveyard, imo.

there's a watch thread in tv/iv with some first time people watching it

st1LL_51ngl3 posted:

Talia Winters or Lyta Alexander?

lyta, no question

I hate yankees
Apr 29, 2008
i unironically want them to remaster the show so i can spend $300 for the box set and digital copies

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry

Jerry Mumphrey posted:

seems like u love babylon 5 but....

how is babbylon for?

Babylon 4 was awesome but it got sent back in time so Space-John the Baptist could use it as a base to fight off space demons.

I hate yankees
Apr 29, 2008
also it's sad that guy was aware that he was going insane

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

i dont think a thread has ever triggered me before, and i even had to look up what it the actual definition meant before i could confirm unequivocally that i am in fact triggered by this thread

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Milky Moor posted:

lyta, no question
yeahhhhhh you know shed get freaky deaky and then play with your emotions and youd love it anyway

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

FuhrerHat posted:

i dont think a thread has ever triggered me before, and i even had to look up what it the actual definition meant before i could confirm unequivocally that i am in fact triggered by this thread

Good thing you're issued a PPG instead of a regular gun, or you'd shoot right through a bulkhead!

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
I'm about 17 episodes into season 1 and man this show is really uneven. Sinclair and the 'russian' chick are a snoozefest though.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
I think I benefited from getting in to this show starting from Season 2/3 and then catching up on the background through reruns. I am not sure if I would have gotten as involved in it had I started from the first season.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.
gently caress Babylon 5 for making me love Jerry O'Doyle before I understood what he was.

Kenlon
Jun 27, 2003

Digitus Impudicus

Panzeh posted:

I'm about 17 episodes into season 1 and man this show is really uneven. Sinclair and the 'russian' chick are a snoozefest though.

Season 1 has problems, but due to the way JMS built it, you really do need it for the rest of the show. There's a hell of a lot of stuff in there that gets called back to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

jscolon2.0 posted:

gently caress Babylon 5 for making me love Jerry O'Doyle before I understood what he was.

RIP

• Locked thread