Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
favorite minecraft lets player
bernie sanders
bernie sanders
bernie sanders
GIVE ME BERNIE SANDERS PUTTY YOU gently caress
View Results

• Locked thread
White Coke
May 29, 2015

Hostile V posted:

Aaaaand now I'm remembering that one Libertarian server that devolved into forced slavery as a means to make any of their society actually run.

In Minecraft? How the hell did that happen?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

White Coke posted:

there are a lot of bizarre custom gamemodes

if i ever remember my minecraft password i may show them off

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
I'm generally pretty good about motion sickness caused by video games, but something about the mix of blocky graphics, cinematographic style and post processing effects makes me wanna hurl.

I suspect it's mainly due to the characters taking up way more screen space than they would in Minecraft, and being more animated, so all the fast movement of highly contrasting pixels is just killing my nervous system.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

White Coke posted:

Yeah basically what Putty said. There's a mod to Minecraft that turns the ability to interact with the world into Civilization and then there's a mod that lets you capture people or mobs in containers. Anyone in the container was sent into an inescapable place to be recalled by the holder of the container and going too far away from the container when released made you take damage. So some players on a server that had both mods started catching people and forced them into slavery, letting them out in exchange for forced service because it was one of those things where unless you want to permanently remove the person from the container, you can never be unbound from the container, no matter what the person inside does.

Naturally this was a Reddit server.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Hostile V posted:

Yeah basically what Putty said. There's a mod to Minecraft that turns the ability to interact with the world into Civilization and then there's a mod that lets you capture people or mobs in containers. Anyone in the container was sent into an inescapable place to be recalled by the holder of the container and going too far away from the container when released made you take damage. So some players on a server that had both mods started catching people and forced them into slavery, letting them out in exchange for forced service because it was one of those things where unless you want to permanently remove the person from the container, you can never be unbound from the container, no matter what the person inside does.

Naturally this was a Reddit server.

Why wouldn't people just abandon that character and go to another server?

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
minecraft players aren't human??

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Blind Sally posted:

minecraft players aren't human??

They're worse than human, they're Millennials.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

White Coke posted:

See now you'd be the kind of person who wouldn't stick around and deal with that bullshit, so take solace in that outsider insight.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

White Coke posted:

One certain server type I remember in my griefing days were "Prisonbreak" servers. No, not the Counter-Strike kind.

Basically, you would be a prisoner in a big prison complex and would slowly work your way to earn enough by doing chores that you can buy freedom then play the loving vanilla game. These little minecraft boys will do anything.

Also I got my Minecraft account back so if I do decide to go look at bad servers it'll be bonus content I guess.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
the guy who made the video where the creeper jumps up the manass made this today

how do you make this up

White Coke
May 29, 2015

nine-gear crow posted:

They're worse than human, they're Millennials.

It's that god damned political correctness :argh: legitimizing and normalizing slavery.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

White Coke posted:

See this is what separates sheeple like you from the enlightened few who understand the true glory of a libertarian paradise.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Sydin posted:

See this is what separates sheeple like you from the enlightened few who understand the true glory of a libertarian paradise.

And here I thought libertarianism was all about picking up and going Galt somewhere else as soon as things don't work out the way you want them to.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

quote:

:iconrostislavgames: dared me to go to a Minecraft place. I had to get a portal from the portal shop first and then do the dare. Then I deleted the portal when I went into the MC world and then I saw a house. Then I went inside that house.

DO NOT REPORT OR STEAL

NO FLAGGING INDEED

I DON'T OWN MINECRAFT, IT IS OWNED BY MOJANG

-Minecraft Story Mode Part 2 (w/ depressed Nine Gear Crow)

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Haha wow they repeated dialogue from literally like 3 minutes beforehand

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION
It sure does suck that instead of spending more time with his wife before she died Patton was recording dialogue for Minecraft Story Mode. Like I guess that's not technically tragic irony but it might as well be for how much it sucks.

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

My antenna is telling me that you're probably wrong about this.
Soiled Meat

steinrokkan posted:

I'm generally pretty good about motion sickness caused by video games, but something about the mix of blocky graphics, cinematographic style and post processing effects makes me wanna hurl.

I suspect it's mainly due to the characters taking up way more screen space than they would in Minecraft, and being more animated, so all the fast movement of highly contrasting pixels is just killing my nervous system.

Yeah there is definitely a part of my brain that breaks momentarily every time they do a fast 90 degree rotation around all those brightly colored voxels.

Also it's bad and it looks bad and I don't like the facial animations but I can't look away.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

i hate you

STOP MAKING THE FACE I HATE YOU

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
so, what, that was Minecraft Rasputin? Of Epic Rap Battles Of History In Minecraft fame???

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION

There's no goddamn bottom, is there?

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Fun fact: Rasputin there is voiced by Paul Reubens, Pee Wee Herman himself. Celebrity voice talent!

So judging by how this plot is going, I'm getting the feeling that if you want to play Minecraft Story Mode it's a lot less painful to just play 50 Cent: Blood on the Sand.

dbcooper
Mar 21, 2008
Yams Fan

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
oh man i love me some minecraft Mad Libs

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
what is this hot nonsense

Katty!
Aug 26, 2015

Chillin'

perilous, exciting combat

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

Man, I heard "EnderCon is all lit up" and thought they actually went through with it being set on fire. Also, not stamping out the smoking costume remains should have consequences of the forest burning down later.

...I wonder what it says about the game that the only thing I can think about is how I want everything in it to burn. Or what it says about me, for that matter.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
I'm still going to say though that this game probably has more gameplay than the new Paper Mario.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

TheMcD posted:

...I wonder what it says about the game that the only thing I can think about is how I want everything in it to burn. Or what it says about me, for that matter.

Nothing bad.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
i found a Minecraft rap music video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPGRDbX_hVQ

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

I don't want to affront you guys or anything but this game looks really really bad. And for once, for reasons mostly unrelated to technical merits of lack thereof. Like, it's a paint by numbers sack of crap without even considering the game play. That's rare.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The thing is right, I'm willing to give Telltale a certain amount of credit because they have to tailor the game's complexity so that it is fit for both children and adults in different ways, which is hard to do. However, said good will is already completely spent and it's only the second episode. So yeah they hosed up :T

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
God these characters are so whiny and incapable.
I guess the game is for kids who watch people playing minecraft on youtube instead of the game for themselves, so I guess the characters being that way kind of fits.

Also, the peril of making a story mode based on an inexplicably popular barely finished game: Recently, Lapis was made to actually be valuable, you cannot enchant your tools without it anymore, so that "joke" is ruined.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

The concept isn't great but the execution of dialogue and choices so far and the celebrity talent and the sheer amount of interaction with the Youtube Minecraft community...

I've seen playthroughs of other Telltale games and I have a few of them myself and really up until now whenever I think of a bad Telltale Game I think of The Walking Dead Season 2. The way the characters are written and behave and act, the plotting, the logic the game tries to run with, it's pretty loving bad! It becomes just a slog of unlikable characters, tired cliches, stupid plots. I watched someone play it and they also got frustrated with the choices not mattering and they just kept their hands off during the end part and both Jane and Kenny died and they didn't care. It just had this tangible sort of who-gives-a-gently caress rot to it. To labor the point, it is a tired loving game.

And I'm seeing some of the mold and that decay on Minecraft so far and the rest of it is just...glassy-eyed, bog-standard (paint by numbers is a great term for this), Saturday Morning Cartoon Adventure. They're gonna have to become some sort of group of Chosen One Friends and they'll kick butt to montage music every weekend at 10:30 AM EST. And there is just this awful rotting tumor growing on that smiling dead-eyed face that it just doesn't seem to notice, like you put a cheap plastic skin suit on a walking corpse and threw shitloads of air freshener around.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
Good a place as any to remind ourselves of this classic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBICLteuQs8

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Gimbal lock posted:

you're a saint. we need more awful, awkward minecraft videos in the thread.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.
I had high hopes for Telltale when they rebooted the Sam and Max series and made an enjoyable set of adventure games with fun and generally not too bullshit puzzles.

Then they immediately devolved into glorified visual novel with The Walking Dead. And then they've sunk to... this. It's just one big rollercoaster of disappointment.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Gimbal lock posted:

God, I'm glad I had my childhood before the Internet existed to record every last stupid moment of it.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
man, this thread has inspired me to learn more about Minecraft and its fandom: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRdcptG365I

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Blind Sally posted:

man, this thread has inspired me to learn more about Minecraft and its fandom: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRdcptG365I
[DO NOT REPLICATE THIS STUNT AT HOME]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Blind Sally posted:

Ugh. I made it like 20 seconds into that video before I shut it off out of embarrassment. I'm just picturing that "I'm surrounded by Assholes" gag from Spaceballs now.

:v:: ...How many of you have autism?
[half the convention audience stands up]: YO!

• Locked thread