Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Gutermuth Academy, a highly prestigious (and expensive) private boarding school prides itself on the education of it’s students. Despite being started by Edmund Gutermuth - a man who believed that the key to a successful education was studying in near isolation from the rest of the world - it’s done quite well for itself and its students. Maybe he was right.

Located in a highly secluded area, the large building is made to be fairly self-sufficient. Dorms, cafeterias, classrooms, recreational areas, etc. Despite how it started, the school has kept up with modern times - there’s a bus route near the school if anyone wants to head to the town of Holbrook close by, along with cell phone and Internet connection to allow the residents to communicate with those outside.

You’re a student here, in your first year. Maybe your family is rich enough to send you here, maybe you applied for a scholarship and got accepted, or maybe you got in through some other way. Whatever it is, this is your life now. And as hard as it can be for people to adjust to a school like this, it can be a lot harder if you’re literally a monster.

------------------------------------------------

What This Is

This is a Monsterhearts game. You pick a skin (class), and act out some shameless teen melodrama full of sex and confusion and terrible life decisions, plus you’re a monster so you might also need to eat people or something. It’s pretty easy to pick up if you’ve played Dungeon World or Apocalypse World, or even if you haven’t -- all you need is your skin and the reference sheet (links are a bit down the page).

If you feel like signing up, write up a brief description of your character (most people like to do these in first person, in-character), fill out your character sheet and post them both here. Once you’ve posted this, I’ll ask some questions to help get a feel for the character, before making final picks.

I’m planning on taking 4-5 characters. I’m thinking of allowing a little over a week for submissions, with a deadline of October 7th, but if I get a whole bunch I may bring the date down. If you need more time, let me know and I’ll see what I can do. I'm usually in #swampthings (general MH chat) on SYNIRC as Heliotrope, so feel free to either PM or just tag me with a question and I'll get back to you as soon as I get on. I'd highly recommend joining the channel, as people in #swampthings are happy to help with any MH questions, and having the game group actively talking about the game in IRC is crucial to keeping games alive in my experience.

When apping, at the end of your character sheet tell me three things:

1) A feature of the school relevant to you
2) What’s something you like about Holbrook?
3) What’s something you dislike about Holbrook?

Skins:

1) I’m only taking in Skins from the core book and Second Skins (written by Jackson Tegu). Angel, Hollow, and Serpentine are considered part of the core book.
2) The Chosen and Heir aren’t allowed for this game.

Some helpful links:

Basic Rules reference sheets

Core Skins

Angel

Hollow

Serpentine

School Creation

The only thing really set in stone is that Gutermuth Academy is in a secluded area, where the students and staff live, with a town nearby. Other then that, the rest of the details will be filled in by the Skins being played (a Selkie will mean it’s near the ocean, a Fae might mean there’s a forest nearby, etc.) and what the players give in their answers.

General Considerations:
Monsterhearts is a game that frequently involves tricky subject matter (racism, homophobia and other forms of shittiness, physical/emotional abuse), just kind of by definition. If any of you get freaked out during play, please talk to me about it. It’s important people feel safe here -- I care more about your emotional well-being than I do about this storygame topic. After doing selections, I'll be bringing up any boundaries players have to try and make sure nothing comes up before hand, but again, if at any time something makes you uncomfortable, just say so, no need to explain why. Basically, everyone's fun and well-being is important, so we'll all collectively avoid being creeps or jerks, alright?

New players are more than welcome to app - I'll be more than happy to help guide people through the character creation process. Please don't let all these :words: intimidate you - if this game looks fun to you and you've got both an idea and time, you should totally app a character!

Thanks to godfish / AdjectiveNoun / gazetter / Rauri for most of this OP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
Interest post, probably a Fae or a Ghoul.

animedragonfly
Sep 12, 2016
Interested.. i need to read the rules more in depth and perhaps get a bit of help putting the char together sheet wise

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer
Neighbor app goes here.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

Delia Maxwell, The Vampire

I really thought that getting this scholarship would turn my life around. Help me get back on track. Ever since my parents died and I starting shuffling between relatives, I knew that I didn't have much chance at a decent education. My best bet was some dead end job or leaving college buried in debt. Not exactly prospects that left me chomping at the bit. So what else could I do? I buckled down, studied my rear end off, and put together one of the best resumes I've had the pleasure of looking at. Gutermuth offered me a scholarship. With their name behind me, getting in to a top school would be more of a formality than a dream. I just needed to make it through a few years of boarding school. My relatives weren't exactly sad to see me go and, honestly, neither was I. There was nothing for me there.

Life at school started about as you'd expect. There are a lot of rich assholes coasting on a family name. They don't like the scholarship crowd much and the feeling is largely mutual. Factions, cliques, and then me. Just trying to get a drat education. That brings me to Xander Rothsburg. He took an interest on me early on. I'm not a complete idiot. I knew he wanted something -- just like I wanted his connections. Unfortunately, I wasn't counting on what he wanted to be my blood. He lured me into the forest behind the school, acting like we were going off for a fling the whole time, and then out came the fangs. I don't remember much after that. I don't think he meant to make me... this. He certainly didn't think I'd wake up the next evening at sundown. Didn't count on me coming back for him. Didn't count on that branch from the woods plunging straight into his heart. I didn't want his blood. I wanted everything. His life. My life. My innocence. I took one of those things, but I can't do much about the other two. Not any more.

Well, one thing is for sure. My life has changed. I've got a taste for blood, I can bend the weak-minded to my will, and I sunburn like you wouldn't believe. I'm going to make the most of it. I'm going to show this school who's really in control. I'll make them beg for mercy. Make them all see how great I really am. And, if they're lucky, I'll leave the place standing when I'm done.

The whole thing is built right on top of some catacombs. I don't pretend to know who or what built them, but if you know the right paths you can go pretty much anywhere on campus. Makes it pretty convenient for me, what with the whole sun thing and all. With that said, I don't like to linger down there. There's something odd about it. Something dark and hungry. I've heard noises, seen suspicious shadows. Nothing solid. Even so, I'm not going to take my chances. I've learned that there's a lot out there I didn't know.

I'm going to stay on top of the food chain. And that means trusting my instincts.

Well, to be quite blunt, they have a bit of a problem with vagrants. Apparently it's doing awful things to their property values, but it's been pretty drat convenient for me. I can't always drink my fill on campus, you know, since I'm trying to keep the blood thing under wraps. It'd be a little suspicious if students were constantly coming down with anemia. Or, you know, the holes in the neck. Ducking down to Holbrook at night has let me feed way more than I could get away with at school. And believe me. I get thirsty like you wouldn't believe.

The only problem is taste. Bums don't exactly give you a fine dining experience. Those snobby would-be aristocrats? It's like cracking open a fine wine. drat near drives me crazy how good it is.

There's a bit of a religious bent to the town. There were a bunch of monasteries back in the day. Not much left of 'em but crosses scattered around the town. Don't get me wrong, it's not like I'm not scared of seeing them or anything, but it really makes a few places feel kind of off-limits. I don't know, it's hard to explain. The fangs didn't exactly come with a book of rules. I've been steering clear of the center of town when I'm on the hunt. That's where it feels the worst. Not sure what's causing it, but I don't really want to find out.

The Vampire posted:

Name: Delia Maxwell
Look: Smoldering, Hungry Eyes
Origin: Newly Reborn

Stats:
Hot +2
Cold +1
Volatile -1
Dark -1

Moves:

Hypnotic
You can hypnotize people who have no Strings on you. Roll with hot. On a 10 up, they do exactly what you wish and have no idea that anything is wrong. On a 7-9, the hypnosis works, but choose one:
  • They realize you hypnotized them;
  • They gently caress up your commands;
  • Their sanity is unhinged.
The Feeding
You feed on hot blood. If this is the first time they’ve ever been fed upon, you both mark experience. When you feed, choose two:
  • You heal 1 harm previously suffered,
  • You carry 1 forward,
  • They don’t die.
Sex Move:
When you deny someone sexually, gain a String on them. When you have sex with someone, lose all Strings on that person.

Darkest Self:
Everyone is your pawn, your plaything. You hurt them and make them vulnerable, for sport, like a cat does with a mouse. You feed to the point of death whenever you’re alone with someone, though you take your time. You escape your Darkest Self when you’re put in your rightful place, by someone more powerful than you.

Backstory:
You’re beautiful. Gain a String on everyone.

Someone once saved your unlife. They gain 2 Strings on you.

Tricky fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Sep 30, 2016

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

June Toshiko, the Mortal

quote:

Name: June Toshiko
Skin: The Mortal
Look: Scarves and Uniforms and Plaid, Eager Eyes
Origin: Politician's Daughter

Stats
Hot: +2
Cold: -1
Volatile: -1
Dark: +1

Moves
True Love
You always have exactly one lover. The first is chosen during your backstory. If you ever fall in love with someone else instead, give them a String and they become your new lover. You always carry 1 forward to earning your lover’s heart or fancy

Sympathy is My Weapon
Every time you forgive someone for hurting you, and excuse their base nature, take a String on them.

Entrenched
If you and another character have a total of 5 or more Strings on one another, gain 1 to all rolls against them.

Sex Move
When you have sex with someone, trigger their Darkest Self.

Darkest Self
Nobody understands you, or even wants to. They’d rather you disappear. Well, you’re not going to disappear. You’re going to make life a living hell for them. You’ll betray the wicked to the judges, the weak to the executioners. You’ll pit humans and supernaturals against one another, until everyone looks like monsters. Only seeing the pain that you’re causing your lover will let you escape your Darkest Self.

Rauri fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Oct 2, 2016

Kid Blink
Feb 24, 2013

Of course, the whole point of
a Doomsday Machine is lost if
you KEEP IT A SECRET!
Nope, never mind.

Kid Blink fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Oct 5, 2016

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

You have a family? I did once. I had a Father. I had sisters. And now they are gone. And all because my father is blind. In both eyes this time. He's an old has-been He'd rather spend his time drinking with his old cronies than admit the truth and move on. Even when all the others gave up he insisted on clinging on to the old ways. I mean I appreciate his sentiment. I'm the last of his children so I don't really remember the old days well. But I was raised on the old sagas. When we strode the battlefields choosing the deserving, when thousands called out to his name. When kings spoke of him in reverence. But those days are gone Finished. I told him that told him we had to move on and for that he threw me out.

Since then I've wandered. I had some money I stashed away. Danegeld. But I didn't know how anything worked. We'd hardly seen the outside world all we'd seen is it's battlefields. I needed to learn and that's why I came here and paid for entrance into your halls of learning. I had heard this a school for your leaders. I wanted to learn from your best. To find something to do. To show I'm more than some vulture feeding of the scraps of the dead.

So far it hasn't been easy. I don't fit in I can tell. How did one of the other students put it? "I acted like I was raised in a compound" After I pinned him up against the wall and asked him what he meant I realised he was right. Of course he was no warrior and like the snivelling coward he was relied on others to do his dirty work. So I underwent "detention" and now I have a "reputation" as a troublemaker. But no matter I will learn and I will show the old man what a mistake he made by casting me out.

quote:

I understand that this school of yours has a strong "sports programme" whatever that means. Someone suggested I try out for the "Womens Football Team" which as near as I can tell is some form of ritualistic combat in which you duel against another team of young warriors while wearing armour and to the victor goes pride and prestige while to the loser goes eternal shame. Now if only I could find someone to explain the rules of these combats. Can you believe I got into trouble for trying to break someone's leg? What sort of combat is this? Still I desire that prestige so I will have to learn eventually I suppose.

quote:

It's full of people with dreams. Ambitions. These people are convinced that they are going to build a new tomorrow. One that's going to be different from today better than today . It's almost infectious after coming from a place where everyone looked back to the "good old days" and bemoaned that things had changed. It's that optimism I want to learn more than anything.

quote:

The beer. You Americans? isn't it? are a fine people some of you even could make capable warriors if you pushed yourself a little. But you cannot brew. Once I finally found someone in your misbeggotten town who would serve me. Something about being "underage" apparently. Never mind I have been drinking since I was knee high to a raven. And to be honest I wished I hadn't bothered. You call that a drink? I've drunk water that's stronger. So I asked for something harder and the bartender gave me something named "Jack" I do not know who Jack is but he was not much better. I guess I'll be staying sober until I can get my hands on something stronger.

quote:

Name: Sigrid Odinsdottir Peterson
Look: Proud, Intense Eyes
Skin: Angel Valkyrie
Origin: Outcast

Stats:

Hot: -1
Cold: 0
Volatile: 2
Trespass/Forgiveness: 0

Darkest Self:
You've fought so hard to distance yourself from the lord, to establish autonomy and independence. In doing so, you've unwittingly stumbled into the service of another power greater
than yourself. You will carry out their will as if it were your own. Whenever possible, you'll convince yourself that you're doing this of your own volition. You escape your Darkest Self when you realize who's been tempting you down this dark path, and beg others to save you.

Sex Move:

When you have sex, you are reminded of your purpose here on earth. Lose one of your Skin moves and gain a different one.

Moves:

Cast From Heaven

You no longer have a dark stat. Instead,you have a scale, moving between Trespass and Forgiveness. It starts at 0. When asked to roll with dark, roll with Trespass instead. Whenever you subjugate yourself to someone else’s will, move the marker toward Forgiveness. Whenever you judge and punish others without the lord’s permission, move the marker toward Trespass. If Trespass or Forgiveness is
highlighted, mark experience whenever you roll with that stat or shift the marker in that direction.

Gaze Into Heaven

When you gaze into heaven, as a servant of the lord, roll with Forgiveness. On a 10 up, you are filled with his voice, and may ask him for guidance or command. Carry oneforward to whatever you’d like. •
On a 7-9, you are greeted by one of his emissaries, who will impart to you a mission. Carry one forward to completing that mission.

When you gaze into heaven, as a spurious and hateful child, it counts as gazing into the abyss. On a 10 up, add this option to the list: the visions show you what the lord fears most from you,
and you carry 1 forward to realizing that fear. • On a 7-9, add this option to the list: the visions show you how you have upset or bewildered the lord.

Profane Powers

When you are at 3 Trespass, you are able to perform miracles: purifying poisoned water, ecstatic flight, returning to life, bi-location, and so on. At the end of any scene in which you performed miracles, reset the Trespass/Forgiveness scale to zero, and gain the Condition drained.

Advancements:

Your Backstory
The lord loves someone else more than he loves you. Naturally, a rivalry has sprung up. You gain two Strings on them, and they gain one on you.

Someone reminds you of heaven. They gain a String on you.

Ferrosol fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Oct 5, 2016

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?

You know what I've realized? Being rich sucks. People only ever see the money. The poor dislike you because you're rich, the rich dislike you because you're a rival, and those that don't care think you're snobbish.

Well, at least you got your clout and money to get you places. It's all you can rely on, really. Clout - and money. Thankfully, as the heiress to Glacia Fashion... I got lots of both.

But you know, with that comes an actual expectation to carry on the business, which, to the surprise of some, requires actual competency. Which is exactly why my parents sent me here, to Gutermuth Academy, also known as probably one of the most boring places in existence. But hey, at least the education's good, they say. The whole "this place is in the middle of gently caress all no-where" part came second in the considerations, obviously.

But you know? Being in a place like this, maybe some people actually don't recognize you instantly. Maybe they'll actually see you as a person and not a pile of money.

I'm certainly not expecting much.

quote:

1) A feature of the school relevant to you.

Probably a bit unsurprising, but my parents invested quite a lot of money in this school. Hell, if people cared to look at the drat thing, they'd even see our name on the contributor list for that. But really, what teenager ever would?

So yeah, I'm mostly expecting the teachers to be suck-ups, or at least try to not piss me off. Although given how boring this place is, that not being the case almost would be a pleasant surprise...

quote:

It's a town in the middle of gently caress all nowhere. People don't know me, and they aren't waiting in line to suck up to me. It's actually really, really refreshing, you know? Get to have a little peace of mind, and some actual, unsupervised fun.

quote:

Well... It's a town in the middle of gently caress all nowhere. It's mostly quiet, bland, and boring. There's like at the most one of each fun thing you can think of, like bars, discos, cinemas, or whatever. If you don't like those or got into a tiny bit of trouble? You're poo poo out of luck. And like I said, it's pretty bland here. Oh well. Make your own fun, I guess.

quote:

Name: Sarah Glacia
Skin: The Wyrm
Look: Clothes way less expensive than her collection would imply
Origin: Heiress to Fashion Empire

Stats
Hot: 0
Cold: +1
Dark: +1

Moves
Bargaining Ceremony
Drinking tea, sharing a cigarette, playing chess, or sitting back to back are all ceremonies.

When negotiating a bargain during a ceremony, both of you can offer Strings as part of that bargain. This can include Strings you have on others, or new Strings that you generate on yourselves. When you're both satisfied, the exchange occurs.

The Bait
You have a collection of beautiful things (designer clothes). When you show it to someone, they inevitably find something they fancy. They will mark
experience when it becomes theirs and is no longer yours. Also, choose one:

- They see something someone else would like, and when you show that someone the something, carry one forward against them,
- the time has flown by and it's hours later than you thought.

Jealous Coils
When anyone gets close to someone you covet and you act territorial, roll with dark. On a 10 up, both: they lose a String on your coveted, and you gain a String on your coveted.
• On a 7-9, gain a String on your coveted, and your coveted chooses:
- they give you a Condition,
- you say something you'll regret.

Sex Move
When you have sex with someone, read them this: "Choose at least one thing from this list, and for each that you choose, describe something I learn about you from our intimacy:
- Give me a String on you, and take something from my collection.
- Give me a String on you, and take a String on me as well.
- Give me a String on you, and I'll promise you anything you'd like.
- Give me a String on you, and then give me a Condition."

Darkest Self
You've become too heady, too lax, too vague. You need to dominate one of the people-things that you treasure, let it know that it's yours, that it doesn't get to choose who owns it – you do. You escape your Darkest Self when your treasured thing proves that you don't own it entirely, or when you see the difference between objects and people.

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Sep 29, 2016

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

I'm thinking an Angel will go here.

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

A hollow or a ghoul will go here.

Make that a witch.

Toph Bei Fong fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Sep 29, 2016

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
Jupiter Johanson, The Hollow

How did I get here? Your guess is as good as mine. I won’t claim to understand why I am here, only that I just sort of popped into existence. My mother has told me that I suddenly appeared at her doorstep one day in a response to a lifelong wish that she had. I mean, I’m not genetically related to her, but she insists on me calling her and her husband mother and father respectively. At least it gives me an identity, an idea of who I actually am, I guess.

I guess you may be wondering why my parents would just pick up a random teen out of nowhere to be their son or who they even are. My mother’s name is Julia Johanson while my father is Jonathan Johanson. They are co-owners of the Johanson Collection. I’ve been told that it’s a very popular clothing company that releases high-end fashion, particularly women’s. In any case, my mother is infertile. She doesn’t like going into details about it, but she can’t have children. Unfortunately for her, she wanted to find someone to inherit the company once they passed and she had always wanted to pass it down to her child, even when she found out it was impossible. She dreamed, prayed and wished as hard as she could for a child, someone she could care for and nurture. That’s when I appeared at her doorstep. I had no idea who I was nor any memories, so she accepted me into the fold and made me into her son.

I’m supposed to inherit the Johanson Collection when they die. There’s only one slight problem. I don’t who I am. Personality and identity are foreign concepts to me and it’s something you need to be successful, especially when under the public eye. My family have attempted to bring me out to social situations, but I just find them confusing and stressful. People have described me as creepy and discomforting. It reached a point where my mother wouldn’t let me leave the house due to the bad press associated with me. I retreated to books, hoping that by reading about how characters respond to emotional stimuli, I would be able to form some sense of normality. So far I have been unsuccessful.

That’s probably why they have sent me to Gutermuth Academy. Partly so that I can avoid the eye of the paparazzi and press and also a chance for me to go on a journey of self-discovery. I’ve read that these years are the formative years in terms of personality. Maybe I can find something to define myself by. Some sense of who I am and what my place is in this world.

quote:

What feature of the school is relevant to you?

For me, I can’t help but find myself spending a lot of time in the library. It’s an impressive area, filled to the brim with books on the first and second floors. You can find nearly any book you want in there. In particular, I find myself being interested in mythology, similar to my namesake. The ground floor also have a few cubicles where people can hang out in and have study sessions. I’ll admit that I may have been people-watching on occasion, trying to see what about them defines their personality.

quote:

What’s something you like about Holbrook?

It’s relatively quiet. When you are suddenly thrust into a life of cameras, fashion and lots and lots of people, you appreciate peace and quiet. While I’m here, people don’t hound me everywhere and try to make me look even worse. It also makes it easier for me to really think about who I am.

quote:

What’s something you dislike about Holbrook?

I’ve not been outside a lot. After the disastrous premiere I had to the fashion world, my family have not really let me go outside up until now. Suddenly I’m thrusted into this unfamiliar environment where I only have a basic idea of what I am supposed to be doing. Even though it’s quiet, sometimes I can’t help but feel like people’s eyes are on me. Maybe I’m just being paranoid.

quote:

Name: Jupiter Johanson

Look: Immaculate, Vacant Eyes

Origin: The Product of a Wish

Stats:

Hot: -1
Volatile: 1
Dark: 2

Moves:

A Blank Canvas - When you take an action that embodies one of the Conditions that you have, and you allow that Condition to influence your sense of self, cross it off and add 1 to your roll.

Inhuman Gaze - When you shut someone down, roll with dark.

jimmydalad fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Oct 5, 2016

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009

Theme Song - KARA(카라) - CUPID(큐피드)

quote:

Name: Rosabella Park
Playbook: The Queen
Look: Stuck up, captivating eyes
Origin: The most popular kid in school

Stats
Hot: 1
Cold: 2
Dark: -1

Moves

The Clique
You’re at the head of the toughest, coolest, most powerful clique around. They count as a gang. They’re connected (with money and designer drugs).

Amanda Stromberg

Mandy - heiress to the Stromberg Hotel chain, is very likely even more wealthy than I am. Of course, that doesn't stop her from begging to spend time with me. All she ever talks about is boys, boys, boys - so boring. You'd think somebody would want more than just a piece of fresh meat but - well, there's no accounting for taste. I suppose she's nice enough to hang out with... if she wears a gag.

Emily Hamilton

Emmie - the genius of our little "group," as much as I despise the word. She's always done well in school, but mostly keeps to herself outside of studies. Honestly, she speaks the least out of everyone - I guess that's why I consider her my closest friend. Of course, she knows all the right people if you're looking for a good time, whether that means getting into parties or even having a little pick-me-up here and there.

Octavia Newton

Ahhhhh... Newt - what a wierdo! Always talking about weird things like politics or comic books. She always seems to know a little about everything. Of course, that's never translated well into a love life - poor little thing's never even been kissed! Died her hair like that when her father committed suicide after being caught in the Disk Corp fallout... I'd feel bad for her but nobody likes a sob story. Oh... and did I forget to mention that her mother is a senator?

And Your Enemies Closer
When someone betrays you, gain a String on them.

Sex Move
When you have sex with someone, they gain the Condition One of them. While the Condition remains, they count as part of your gang.

Darkest Self
They’ve failed you. This is all their fault, and there’s no reason why you should have to suffer the consequences of their idiocy. You need to make an example out of each of them, a cruel and unwavering example. You escape your Darkest Self when you relinquish part of your power over to someone more deserving, or when you destroy an innocent person in order to prove your might.

Backstory
Name three NPCs who are members of your gang. Gain a String on each.
You find someone threatening. Give them a String on you, and take two Strings on them.

Hm? Oh... I didn't see you there. An interview? Are you with the paper or something? You sure don't look like a reporter. Fine. I'll answer your questions. But only so I can get on with my day faster.

My childhood? Surely you've read about my family - father, Alan, CEO and founder of Disk Corp. Mother, Regina, famed actress and model. Brother, Theodore, youngest Edison Award winner in history. And me, the baby of the family. The Parks.

Everybody knows the story of my father. Landed here in 1975, a young man with nothing. But his job as a junior engineer for some tech company gave him the means to launch his own company, Disk Corp, which developed something you might be familiar with - the compact disk. Yeah, that. So, long story short, his company's valuation went from four to nine figures, and young Alan soon found himself one of the top tech moguls in the world.

A decade later, he had finally settled down, the third richest man in America, with famed actress and model Regina Woods. She was ten years younger than him - but when you're that wealthy, nothing else matters. They settled down into a jetsetting lifestyle, traveling the world, squandering Disk Corps' resources, scandal after scandal. And, as you might have guessed by now, decided to have children. One boy, my older brother Theo, and myself. To be honest, I barely know Alan and Regina at all, most of my childhood was spent with a revolving door of tutors and nannies.

And, while my brother took well to his studies, I was the "wild child." As in, would rather spend my day shopping in downtown boutiques, or flying out to Madrid to visit an acquaintance. What can I say? My childhood was spent among the grandest riches in the world - why should I settle for anything less than the best lifestyle?

Of course, that was before the newspapers discovered that my father had secretly been funneling funds from his company into an offshore bank account that was redirecting it to North Korea. Money can buy a lot... but protection from that kind of action - no way. So he quickly fled the country, leaving my mother, brother, and I drifting in the wind. Feds seized most of the money, but that still left quite a lot for us to get by on.

So, no more highlife for me, or fancy school in the big city - no, I'm stuck at Gutermuth. It's prestigious enough, sure, but have you seen that forest? Like... ugh. If they make me go in there, I'm suing for child abuse. And my dorm room had better have enough room for my clothing.

The only good thing - if you could even call it that - is that I know some of the people coming along. First years, just like me. All daughters of other managers of Disk Corp, now in a similar position. I know them well enough, I guess, from time spent together at family functions. And being invited to parties by them. And them trying to contact me incessantly. And now we'll be living in the same building! Great.

• A feature of the school relevant to you
The West Wing has, well, I guess you could call it an art studio, if you wanted to. Really, it's more a storage room for the now defunct art department that was scrapped under Headmaster Hastings, after he deemed art was "too hippie." So now, it's just a bunch of painting supplies scattered in and out of boxes, with random canvases strewn about the place. It's honestly a great place to get away and just have some quiet time. Just don't tell anybody I told you about it. Especially not people I know.

• What’s something you like about Holbrook?
For a small town, it certainly has its fair share of boutiques and antique shops. Combined with not-horrible dining choices, well - it's not the worst place to spend a day on the weekend. My favorite place? That one place on Hanover Street, I think it's called Found. Only room in the shop for about three people, but the owner always has the best taste and picks up such interesting items on her travels.

It's almost tolerable. As long as nobody recognizes me. Or talks to me.

• What’s something you dislike about Holbrook?
Do you really have to ask? Almost everything else. The people... way too friendly. The places... dirty, low fashion - whatever "small town charm" is, this isn't it. I've been to third world countries with better ambiance. And the worst place in town? The Monument, Holbrook's very own retro movie theater. Complete with '70s throwback uniforms, food layered in grease, and seats that haven't been cleaned since Reagan was president. Count me out. Forever.

Frgrbrgr fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Sep 30, 2016

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

Kara Anders, the Ghost

My story isn't all that weird. Brainy kid, poor but hardworking family. When I got an academic scholarship to Gutermouth I think my parents were proud enough to explode. I remember the first time I was here like it was yesterday - all the rich kids swanning about, scholarship kids like me just trying to keep out of the way, but I was so determined to do well, get into a good college, make Mom and Dad proud. Then I died.

I don't remember dying. I know it happened, but the first I heard about it was on the autopsy table. I got to watch my mother and father cry while the doctor told them I had a massive cerebral embolism in my sleep - "It's very rare but not unheard of in young women, there was nothing you could have done, she didn't suffer etc etc" - and I got to scream at them until my throat gave out but they never heard me. For while after that I thought maybe I was hallucinating or in a coma or something, but I never woke up. Then I figured out I was dead, and I waited to move on to...whatever, but that didn't happen either. I must have drifted around for few years, I worked out how to fake being alive and real again at some point, but...I lose time. I forget to do things, I stopped watching my family because they were moving on and it hurt to much. The only other point of reference I had was this place.

So I'm back at Gutermouth. It was easy enough to just walk in, move into a disused room and show up to classes. They mustn't have taken my name off the records because I get marked off the roll but that's as far as any of the teachers notice me. Maybe I need to graduate or finish my first year before I can leave? Or maybe there's some other business that has drawn me back.

One thing that must be working in my favour as far as keeping my head down goes is the incredibly antiquated record keeping systems. Because it's a private academy they don't have to have every little shred of information online which is good, because almost everything is still on paper! The admin building is way larger than usual to hold all the files, and they have a neat old pneumatic tube system for carrying messages to core locations - when it isn't broken, or full of rats. Downside is the WiFi varies between sucks and non-existent. All part of the 'virtue of isolation' I guess.

There's no-one else like me around. I mean, no ghosts. The company of my peers is just...draining. They're all either annoyingly obsessed with something or they don't have any drive left. I don't know if immersing myself back in the world of the living will be any better, but I doubt it would be worse.

The Cathedral. It's on the opposite side of town from the school, made of grey stone and old as hell. I can't stand the sight of the place and usually churches don't bother me at all. I'm not even sure what kind of church it is, sure as hell not Unitarian.

Kara, The Ghost posted:

Skin: Ghost
Name: Kara Anders
Look: Distant, Hollow Eyes.
Origin: A confused Death
Stats: Hot 0, Cold 1, Volatile -1, Dark 1

Ghost Moves:

Unresolved Trauma
Whenever you project the blame and trauma of your death onto your current situation, roll with dark. On a 10 up, give two people the blamed condition. On a 7-9, give up to two people the blamed condition, but for each, choose one:
  • You gain the delusional condition,
  • You can’t speak during this scene,
  • You suffer one harm,
  • You start re-enacting the scene of your death.

Vengeful
Whenever you lash out physically at someone with the blamed condition, roll using Dark. Add 1 extra harm to whatever harm you deal.

Your Backstory
Someone knows that you’re dead, and how you died. They gain a String on you.

You’ve been inside someone’s bedroom while they were sleeping. Take a String on them.

Advancement
Take another Ghost move.
Take another Ghost move.
Take a move from another Skin.
Take a move from another Skin.
You have a House of Spooks.
Add 1 to Hot (max 3).
Add 1 to Cold (max 3).
Add 1 to Volatile (max 3).
Add 1 to Dark (max 3).

Sex Move
When you have sex with someone, you both get to ask a question of one another’s characters. This can be spoken by your character, or simply asked player-to-player. The other person must answer honestly and directly.

Darkest Self
You become invisible. No one can see you, feel you, or hear your voice. You can still affect inanimate objects, but this is your only avenue of communication. You escape your Darkest Self when someone acknowledges your presence, and demonstrates how much they want you around.

thatbastardken fucked around with this message at 11:26 on Oct 1, 2016

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

(Art by Carey Pietsch)
Cassidy Slade, The Werewolf

Growing up, I ain't exactly what you'd call a "model student." I'd get into fights, insult my teachers, cut classes, and make life hell for my parents, my mom especially. I still remember one of my teachers calling me a rabid, untamed dog that needs to be leashed down.

Guy had no idea how right he was.

I was 14 when I found out. There was this snot-nosed kid, Jimmy Polanka, who thought he was tough poo poo just cuz his brother was in some gang. He'd go around with his own little group, bullying the other kids, and the adults never tried to stop him. They were too scared. From what I've heard, the gang Jimmy's brother belongs to is a real nasty bunch, and the last time someone crossed Jimmy, they went missing and no one's found them since.

That wasn't enough for Jimmy. He wanted everybody to see how big his balls were, so he thought taking on the toughest person in school, me, would show everybody that he was the big man around here. I didn't give a poo poo, Jimmy was never worth my time, but he kept pushing me, and he wouldn't stop, not until I broke his nose and made Big Man Jimmy wet his pants in front of his wannabe gang. He started running away and crying like a little baby. It was the funniest poo poo I've ever seen.

What wasn't funny was what came next. So, Jimmy's brother? He apparently ain't above beating a kid half his size. Most kids would be scared out of their minds. Me? I got angry, really angry, and I remember my vision turning blood red. Next thing I know, Jimmy's brother was being taken away by an emergency ambulance.

My mom lost her poo poo when she found out. When I told her what happened, she wasn't surprised as she was furious. The whole "red vision" or "14 year old kid ripping into a grown man" didn't phase her at all. She scolded me a bunch, and before I could get a word in, she left, said she had to make sure that nobody found out what happened. Dad had to be the one to tell me what happened.

He told me I had "awakened."

I almost didn't believe what he told me next. He said our family was "cursed." One of our ancestors pissed off some super powerful witch, and that witch put a curse on them, some curse of lycanthropy. The witch said that the curse wouldn't just be on them, but their children, and their children's children. Their whole family line would "awaken" to the beast when they reach a certain age.

I called bullshit. If we were a family of werewolves, then why have I never seen him turn? Aren't werewolves supposed to turn on the full moon or whatever? He told me that's not how it really works. He said that the "beast" takes over at extreme moments of anger or stress.

I always thought my dad was a huge wimp, always letting my mom and everybody else push him around, but he told me it's his way of dealing with the whole werewolf thing. He always tries to keep his emotions in check, never letting himself get angry, or aggressive with other people. He doesn't mind being a floor carpet as long as it means he doesn't turn and hurt other people.

He told me every member of our family have ways they deal with the curse, and the ones who don't find are the ones who live the shortest. Dad said I should find an outlet, a way to get out all the aggression, so it doesn't build up.

And I did. I found it in football. Turns out it's the perfect sport for someone like me, and I was drat good at it. Practically made a name for myself, I was "the rising young star with real potential," which I never thought I'd ever hear. It was the first time I ever felt like I had a chance at a future for myself.

That wasn't enough for my mom though, oh no. See, my mom's a bit of a control freak, always trying to control my life, saying she knows what's better for me blah blah blah, so she used her connections, and my rising fame, to set me up in some fancy private boarding school, without my consent.

"It's for your own good!" she said, "You'll get a better education, and better opportunities!"

I was mad. Really mad. I could feel myself losing it, my vision slowly turning red again. How could she do this to me? How could you, after calling me a failure for so long, decide my future for me? You couldn't of just been proud for me for once?

If it wasn't for my dad, I would've lost it completely. He calmed me down, convinced me to go with it, said it was a once in a lifetime opportunity that I shouldn't pass on.

That's why I'm here now. Most people would kill to be where I am now, and I couldn't really give a poo poo. As far as I'm concerned, this whole place is a sham to con spoiled rich kids out of their money. If I had a choice, I wouldn't even be here now.

quote:

For all my bitching and whining about the school, their football field is one of the best I've ever seen, and the team ain't half bad either. I was expecting a buncha wimps playing pretend football, but most of the people there are drat good. It's also one of the few places in this school with people I can stand to be around.

quote:

You'd never think it, but there's actually a couple of decent bars around here, with a few that are more "relaxed" when it comes to serving people of our age brackets. Me and the rest of my team, we like to go out bar hopping after a game, and there's never a shortage of places to go.

quote:

God, have you seen some of the people here? No matter where you go, there's always going to be that one spoiled prick who thinks they're God's gift to the world just because of daddy's money. They act all self-important, and they really want you to know how rich or important their family is. It takes every fiber of my being to stop me from literally tearing out their throats anytime I hear one of them talk.

quote:

Name: Cassidy Slade
Skin: The Werewolf
Look: rugged, fierce eyes
Origin: awoken

Stats
Hot: +1
Volatile: +2
Dark: -1

Moves

 Primal Dominance
When you harm someone, take a String on them.

 Heightened Senses
When you rely on your animal instincts to make sense of a charged situation, roll with dark. On a 10 up, ask the MC three questions. If you act on one of the MC’s answers, add 1 to your first roll. • On a 7-9, ask one:
- Where’s my best escape route or way in?
- Which enemy is the most vulnerable to me?
- What’s their secret weakness?
- What poses the biggest threat to me?
- Who’s in control here?

Sex Move
When you have sex with someone, you establish a spirit connection with them. Until either of you breaks that spirit connection, by having sex with someone else, add 1 to all rolls made to defend them. You can tell when that connection has been broken.

Darkest Self
You transform into a terrifying wolf-creature. You crave power and dominance, and those are earned through bloodshed. If anyone attempts to stand in your way, they must be brought down and made to bleed. You escape your Darkest Self when you wound someone you really care about or the sun rises, whichever happens first.

Tardzilla fucked around with this message at 13:01 on Jan 11, 2017

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

Jim Word
Witch

The fallout from Jack Parsons’ Laboratory didn’t leave many folks in the military pleased. It had produced plenty of weaponry, sure, but how exactly that knowledge had been discovered was not the sort of thing that made for good optics. Parsons himself, with his many sordid affairs, his many run-ins with famed naval intelligence operative L. Ron Hubbard, and his eventual death in a mysterious explosion, was considered by most as someone to be swept under the rug and forgotten about.

But, as with all good tools, the US Military knows you don’t throw them out if there’s a chance you could need them again. You just stick them in the basement and make sure the neighbors don’t borrow them. And just because you don’t approve of something doesn’t mean you won’t use it. And so the compound stayed active as a sort of magical skunk works, the sort of thing that quietly received funding and was forgotten about. Officially known as the Ordinance Transportation Office, it trafficked in all sorts of supposedly occult powers, from using pigeons to guide missiles to predicting rocket strikes with drips of blood flung onto a spinning globe. Mostly it was trash, but the few successes they did have seemed to justify its existence, and the brass turned a blind eye to anything else that was done, provided the results kept on coming.

How, exactly, Jim Word was related to Parsons, Hubbard, Smith, Crowley, Cameron, Northrup-Hollister, and the rest of that set is a matter of some debate. He could be any of their descendants, given the communal living situation that characterized the OTO. They were far more interested in firing off rockets, bringing about Great Works, and throwing orgies than they were in the occasional accident that slipped through, and the various parents and uncles and aunts that floated through the compound over the 80 years it existed meant a strange brood of children were always running about in various states of disarray. Jim’s was a neglectful childhood, full of grand ideas and little actual execution, a lot of talk about peace and love coupled with massive infighting and screaming matches, and both the best and worst parts of having a huge amount of land all to yourself.

But after the successes stopped justifying the means, and when the Air Force decided that it’d had enough of their little experiment, it was quietly shut down and swept under the rug, with folks sent off for redeployment or just left to fend for themselves, depending on their age. Drones and computers, rather than animal blood and chanting, would now control the skies. The mansion was demolished, the land sold off to developers, and the file quietly tucked away for some researcher fifty years from now to write a best selling expose about.

What to do with the kids, however, was another story.

Being “homeschooled” by a gang of neglectful “geniuses” left a number of gaps in Jimmy’s education. He was able to talk about baseball with the passion only genuine fans possess, but seemed baffled when one of the officers brought up the super bowl, as if he’d never heard of football before. He liked rock and roll and classical music, but couldn’t tell you anything about jazz or folk, which was especially baffling considering the influence of folks like Bob Dylan and Woody Guthrie on rock types. He didn’t seem to realize that there had been any wars or foreign conflicts since 1945, though his later statements about the use of jet fighters, rocket launches, and the strategic deployment of napalm would seem to contradict this. He took to cell phones and the internet quick enough, but the idea of organized classes and structured living didn't seem to be taking.

After being deposited, the AF seems to have washed its hands of him. Jim was the only one old enough to enter high school, and, in the interest of keeping him quiet and out of trouble, he was enrolled in the commandant’s alma mater, Gutermuth Academy. It was believed that a well regulated and isolated environment would help the boy adjust to “normal” life.

“There’s this really lovely forest nearby, with a nice clearing that leads off the cliffs towards the ocean. The water. But there’s a lot of space, which is nice. I like being outside, under the sky. I can trust the sky. Being indoors, it isn’t quite right, you know? It feels like we’re trying to hide from ourselves. We were meant to be out here. It’s like Jack used to tell us, about how we were destined to head towards the sky, so why should we grovel in the dirt, or hide ourselves from the heavens?”

[File note: Jack Parsons died in 1952, and there was no person going by that name at the OTO compound. It has yet to be determined who he is speaking of]

“The uniforms! They’re really comfortable, and it’s nice to have clothes that fit properly, and are cleaned regularly. Fighting for whatever you could find in the castoffs from everyone else wasn’t fun, nor was wearing the same thing for weeks on end.”

[File note: When the compound was finally shut down, Jim was found wearing a perfectly clean and well fitted outfit that looked like it had been purchased recently.]

“The isolation. It’s strange, having a room to one’s self, with only a single roommate. Sure, there’s the crush of people in the halls sometimes, and the slightly full cafeteria, but that’s nothing compared to the sheer mass of people around constantly, always talking, always ready if you needed something, always there to help out, always warm and kind and safe. And now I’m a stranger, alone, unsure if this is the place where I’ll remain. But where else shall I go?”

[File note: The compound had less than 20 people living on it when raided, far less than it was capable of sustaining, and far less than it was full of during its heyday in the 1930s and 40s. Gutermuth Academy has substantially more people. Jim was found living in a single room, with no evidence of anyone else having lived there since the 1970s.]

quote:

Jim Word
Witch

Coy, Playful Eyes, Gifted & Talented

Hot -1
Cold 1
Volatile -1
Dark 2

Moves:
Sympathetic Tokens
You gain power from sympathetic tokens - items of personal significance that you take from others. Each sympathetic token counts as a String.

Hex-Casting
You can cast Hexes. Choose two that you know. To cast them, either expend a sympathetic token during a secret ritual, or meet the target’s gaze and chant at them in tongues. Then roll with dark. On a 10 up, the Hex works, and can easily be reversed. On a 7-9, it works but choose one: the casting does you 1 harm; the Hex has unexpected side effects; trigger your Darkest Self.

Bide My Time
If you’ve got a sympathetic token against someone, add 1 to all rolls to hold steady against their actions or to run away from them.

Hexes:
Binding
The person cannot physically harm others.

Ring of Lies
Whenever the person attempts to lie, they hear a piercing ringing noise. Big lies will often make their knees buckle and disorient them. Severe lies can cause harm or even brain damage.

Sex Move
After sex, you can take a sympathetic token from them. They know about it, and it’s cool.

Darkest Self
The time for subtlety and patience is over. You’re too powerful to put up with their garbage any longer. You hex anyone who slights you. All of your hexes have unexpected side effects, and are more effective than you are comfortable with. To escape your Darkest Self, you must offer peace to the one you have hurt the most.

Your Backstory
You start the game with two sympathetic tokens. Decide whose and what they are.

One of the others caught you rummaging through their friend’s stuff, but kept quiet. They get a String on you.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

I. Naomi Maccabee, the Ghoul

I'm not too sure about this private academy thing. Like, it sounds great. I'd really like to get smart and have a good career and all that. But I don't know if I'm going to fit in. I kind of figure there isn't, you know, a lot of people like me there. I guess I can't do any worse there.

I think this is because the place is far away and Mom all scared for me now. There isn't much to explain about what happened. Car came screaming in outta no where. Next thing I know I wake up to hearing Mom sobbing about how she moved out of the city so that she never had to bury one of her kids. Grams and even some cousins were there to pray for me to get better. The uh problem is that I don't think Doctor Jesus can take credit for this one. And I don't mean the regular doctor. He kept talking about how lucky I was. Sure the car could have hit me worse or whatever, but I know what a doctor means when they tell someone who's heart stopped on the table they're lucky. The folks won't question providence, but they're out of the loop. I go to church with everybody sure, God deserves at least that courtesy, but the other bits aren't as simple. Like go forth and be fruitful? I uh, I don't think I'm going to do that one. I haven't really talked to anyone about it. Does online count? I haven't said anything on facebook or anything. Nothing with my actual name. Well I don't know which ones count, but I guess I made someone upset. Or maybe happy?

I came back different. I feel stronger. I was already mostly muscle but now I can do stuff I think I'd have to be ripped for. But the part that's giving me sketch vibes about all this is my appetite changed. I'm never satisfied. I was always using up my energy before so I would eat a lot before, but now it's getting crazy. I can eat a whole turkey with sides and want more. It was pretty ugly when I was figuring this out because none of it sticks either. It just goes through me. I was getting so hungry I would just gnaw on meat without taking the time to cook it. Actually I liked it better. It was when that stray dog bit me that I went from knee deep to over my head in crazy town. I just saw red and bit it back. I ripped that fucker apart. It was uh, really bad. But... it felt so good. The blood was so smooth down my throat. The meat kept me full for days. The high didn't really last though. When I was lucid again I obviously lost my poo poo. I had to jump into the creek to get the blood off me without having to explain myself to someone. Christ. I was already looking at girls the wrong way before. Now I literally want a piece of their rear end.

Thinking about it I think I'm glad I'm moving to this place. I really need to be away from the folks as I sort all this stuff out. I really hope I can figure out a good career. My bro and sis seem happy enough to live off all the money dad's got from his new contracts. But everyone would probably be happier if I just quietly fade away. They wouldn't want anything to do with my problems. And I don't want their opinions on my problems. Sort of related, with the academy being remote no one should notice any picked clean animals which is good. Provided I can catch any. If not it's going to be a big problem I think anyone missing a mouth sized stretch of skin is going to be super noticed in a place like it.

There have a ton of sports stuff. That's what I always liked about school. A whole track and all sorts of fields. I'm surprised they have enough people for so many teams. Maybe it's all just temp teams for gym though.

Being around all this nature is kind of cool. I miss the city but this has its own sort of charm. Not like the 'urbs we moved into. Doesn't have what makes either of the others good.

Everyone is really, well the scholarship kids are all turbonerds that everything about one thing. Most of the others that paid their way in have a one time on our yacht story. I'm just not like anyone here. Just looking at me I stand out. Trying to fit in is a real chore.

quote:

Ghoul
Thin, Hungry Eyes
Resurrected

Hot 0
Cold +1
Volatile +1
Dark -1

The Hunger
You have a Hunger for Flesh
When you heedlessly pursue a Hunger, add 1 to rolls. When you ignore a feeding opportunity, roll to hold steady

Short Rest for the Wicked
When you die, wait it out. Some hours later, you wake up fully healed.

Ending
You remember how you died. When you tell someone about it, give them the Condition morbid, and roll to turn them on

Sex Move
When you have sex with someone, add
“having sex with [this person]” as an
additional Hunger. If you already have
this Hunger, mark experience.

Darkest Self
You will maim, kill and destroy
anything in between you and the
nearest object of your hunger. You
will feed relentlessly. You escape your
Darkest Self when someone restrains
you or fends you off for long enough
for you to regain your composure – at
least thirty or forty minutes.

Your Backstory
Someone reminded you what love
was, when you thought that death
had stolen it away from you forever.
Give them 2 Strings.
Did anyone watch you die, or watch
you come back to life? If so, you both
gain 2 Strings on each other

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

A self-portrait

Alicia Lee, yes, that's me. Yes, I am one of the "scholarship girls" thank you so much for asking. You'd like me to tell you about myself? Well...... alright, I suppose, if you promise to believe me. You do? Good! I don't have any patience for liars. I got my scholarship for painting, like you said, and what is art if not an expression of the truth? Oh, you can lie with a painting, but that isn't art, is it? My medium is the truth. After all, I'm a Fae, and my paintings are representations of Faerie, as best I can manage. What's Faerie?

Have you ever felt like the world was missing something? That what you could see wasn't the whole thing, like you had been looking at a picture album your entire life, and suddenly, just for a moment, realized it was that the pictures were of something realer than what you could see? I'm not describing it well, am I? Words... aren't quite up to this. Imagine... Imagine you need glasses. Everything you've seen your entire life is a bit hazy, like the reflection in a foggy bathroom mirror after a hot shower. And then you get glasses, put them on, and suddenly the world comes into focus, it's sharper, clearer, you can see the details you can see how real it is. And then you take them off again and the world goes soft and fuzzy again. Have you ever felt like there was something there you couldn't see, just out of sight?

Well, that's Faerie. It's not "another" world next to ours, it's the real world. And not like the difference between reality and fantasy, but the world that's more there. Sorry, language getting in the way of meaning again. Faerie is... the truth of our world. The truth of everything is there, if you know how to see it, where to find it. It's not a world like a different land that people walk through and live lives like ours, only different, it's like bubbles, or pockets... rooms? If you have the gift, if you're Fae, you can touch them, see them, enter them. This still isn't very clear to you, is it?

Okay. Being able to see Faerie is what makes someone a Fae, it's not another species of elf creatures who live in beautiful courts and kidnap children or whatever myth you want to think about, they're just humans like you or me, with the gift. Though the experiences you get in Faerie can.... change you. It's easy to see why the tales sprung up, when you think about someone whose spent so much time with truth - sorry, getting side tracked. The gift of interacting with Faerie makes you Fae, and the way you do it is... I can't explain it properly, but you touch something, physically, mentally, whichever, and you reach out to touch the nature of it, the essence, and you can enter the truth of it. You can pass into the true nature of a cave, the reality of a painting, the manifestation of a person's mind.

Is a classroom just a square room, full of desks and students? Yes, but it's also full of knowledge, full of lives, the collected lessons that took place there over however many years, the fights and jokes and crushes of students, the weariness of teachers and the stress of countless tests. And what of the subject? If you reach out to the Faerie of a History classroom, you'll be in a far different place than Faerie in a math class. And it's important to remember, the smaller truth isn't the same as the larger one. Take the classroom again, that room's Faerie is it's own, but if you reached for the truth of just one desk in the room, you would be a tighter, smaller world, and you would never see that same piece of Faerie in the classrooms. And again, take the school the classroom is in, neither of those two truths would be what you would see in the school's Faerie. Each one is it's own thing, made up by the smaller pieces, but in different shapes. Faerie isn't always wonderful, the truth of something can be a terrible thing, but it's always magical.

I've sensed Faerie around me for years, but it was only in the last few that I was able to reach it and become a proper Fae. That's probably why my art touches people so strongly, because it's a glimpse into a world they can only ever see the outline of it's shadow. Isn't it cheating to use something like that to get into Gutermuth? Are you stupid? Of course not, we all have our gifts, and this one is mine, besides, isn't giving someone a chance to be touched on a level they'll never experience without me a much better reason to go to a prestigious school like this than because my parents are rich and famous? No, shut up, it obviously is. I've got no qualms at all about getting here on my talent as a Fae. I'm a better person by far than most of the people here, so what if I don't have piles of cash to sleep in? I bet they're all liars, lying all day long, about anything and everything! Someone should teach them better, and that someone might~ just~ be~ me! Isn't that great? But you know, I hope they aren't. Some of them are rather attractive, and it'd be nice to some new friends and people I could trust.

But... you don't really believe any of that do you? I'm just a silly little girl with her mind off in a fantasy land to you, aren't it? No, don't bother to deny it, it's obvious from looking at you. Maybe it's for the best. I've just got a talent for art, and all that talking was just a fun story I tell myself to make me feel important, when I'm surrounded by so many of the rich and powerful. Well, you aren't going to get anything better out of me, go, get out of here! Run off and talk to some preppy girl, would you? Tch. And after you promised... Now, watch your step out there, it's raining the and steps can get pretty slick! We wouldn't want anything to go... snap.

The Fae posted:

Name: Alicia Lee
Look: mysterious, mesmerizing eyes
Origin: touched with the gift

Stats
Hot: 2
Dark: 1

Fae Moves
Faery Contract
If someone breaks a promise or contract made to you, take a String on them. When spending a String to even out the score and get justice on a broken promise, add these options:
~ they gently caress up something simple at a crucial moment;
~ add 2 to your roll on an act of vengeance;
~ they suffer 1 harm, whether the cause is obvious or not.

Guide
If you spend a String on someone willing, you can bring them across the veil, into the faery court. The spell doesn’t last long, though, before you’re both returned to the mundane world.

Sex Move
When you lie naked with another, you can ask them for a promise. If they refuse, take 2 Strings on them.

Darkest Self
Everything you say is a promise. Everything you hear is a promise. If a promise is broken, justice must be wrought in blood. To escape your Darkest Self, you must in some way re-balance the scales of justice.

I hadn't expected it, but the Academy has a whole art wing, even a miniature gallery with pieces from former students, some of who are rather famous! It's a fascinating place, and the various pieces in it is a treasure trove of experiences in Faerie, from so many different perspectives. The bit of themselves each person has put into their work gives it a truly unique world to visit. I could probably spend years here and never visit them all.

For being such a small town it's has a surprising number of locations that would make for a good date, and some private hideaways a couple could enjoy in, well, private. I suppose its only to be expected, with a private Academy full of hormone filled teens next door, catering to their needs is a good way to make some money. And no, before you ask, Faerie is not a good makeout zone. Look, I don't care how hot on you someone is, or hot stunningly attractive you are, even as much as I am, taking someone into Faerie for their first time is a good way to make them forget all about how much they want to kiss you because they're going to be glued to the new sights your offering them. I've learned that the hard way.

It's incredibly flat. I don't mean... geographically, but emotionally. While the places I just mentioned are usually layered full, over and over, with intense and enjoyable emotions (which can get a bit overwhelming at times), nearly everywhere else in the town is dull dull dull, it's like generations of people living there have experienced... nothing. No loves, lusts, hates, or angers, no joys, no sorrows. I've never had to try so hard to sense Faerie than I have there. I one time I did, it was almost exactly the same, except with the colors washed out. But very faintly, under all those years of nothing, I could sense something dark. Painful. Something I do not want to experience in Faerie.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Kenji Yamasaki, The Infernal

I hated it. This noisy city full of worthless people. My family's expectations ("you're the eldest; you must set a perfect example!"). The boring, tepid future planned out for me before I'd even gotten a chance to have an opinion. I've seen how miserable working for the Yamato Financial Group has made my father -- has made all of us, through him. I don't want that life. Give it to someone else.

Ever since I was old enough to understand, I started praying at night. To God, to Kamisama, to -- I don't know, whoever would be willing to listen. Please, someone! Give me a chance to decide my own fate!

And, well, this year, something decided to answer. He said that he couldn't free me, but -- but that through serving him, I could free myself. And he's proven it. He gave me the right words to say to convince my family to let me study abroad. I'm in America now! The moment I stepped on that plane, I felt so much pressure lift from my shoulders. Everything is different, but here I have a chance to define myself. To be whoever I want to become.

And all he's asked for in return is that I help others find the same freedom, through him. To be his messenger, and to "herald his presence to those he deems worthy". I don't know what that means, but he's done so much for me already -- he promises to do more, yet. I will gladly do anything he asks, to repay the opportunities he's given me. After all, I owe him my life.

quote:

Name: Kenji Yamasaki
Look: tense; piercing eyes
Origin: Emissary

Dark Power: ???

Hot -1
Cold -1
Volatile 2
Dark 1

Infernal Moves
- Soul Debt
Name a dark power that you owe a debt to. Choose two Bargains that it has made with you. It can hold Strings against you. Whenever it collects 5 Strings against you, trigger your Darkest Self.

- Unknowable
When you lash out physically against someone, on a 10 up, they lose 1 String on you. • On a 7-9, add to your list of
options: they lose 1 String on you.

quote:

Bargains
- The Power Flows Through You
You can give the dark power a String in order to add 2 to your next roll (choose before rolling).

- Strings Attached
You can ask the dark power for something that you really, really want. The MC will attach a price to the thing you want, and hint at an undesired twist in its nature. If you pay the price, you’ll get what you’re after.

Sex Move
When you have sex, the dark power loses a String on you and gains a String on whoever you had sex with.

Darkest Self
You can’t get what you need, anymore. The world has left you cold and alone, shivering in the wake of your own addictions. The dark power will make some open-ended demands of you, and it’ll promise you some lucrative (and perhaps volatile) things in return. Every demand you fulfill brings you a little closer to feeling whole again, to rekindling the fire in your heart. Whenever you fulfill those demands, remove a String it holds on you. You escape your Darkest Self when the dark power has no more Strings on you, or when you agree to an even worse bargain with an even more dangerous dark power

Backstory
You owe debts. Give away 3 Strings, divided any way you like between the dark power and the other characters.

Someone thinks they can save you. Gain a String on them.

The monthly student-written newsletter is extremely well-produced -- journalism's a dying art, but I think I'd like to work on it. I've heard rumours about the girl who runs the horoscope column, though, after asking around. You can imagine what sort of person would waste their time on something so trivial to begin with, but apparently she takes it a step beyond. A few people say her predictions are strangely accurate, but I'll believe it when I see it.

As much as I hear everyone else whining about it, I actually like the isolation here. You can see the stars at night -- I really hadn't, ever, before now, because of the light pollution where I lived. There are quiet places where you can find real solitude, too. And there's a place that reminds me of home: a Japanese-garden-inspired park on the far edge of town from the bus stop. It feels more artificial here than the ones I'm used to, but it's still calming to sit by the glassy pond and watch the koi swimming around. I try to make it there whenever I'm in town, but I don't think anyone at Gutermuth knows or cares about the place.

I guess it's to be expected, but... the culture shock? It's real. I'm not going to go so far as to say that all the stereotypes about Americans I've heard are true, but they are loud, impolite, forceful... different. It is hard not to feel intruded upon and isolated when their manner of socializing is so much more direct than I'm comfortable with. I'll learn to adjust, I know, but at present I can't help cringing as they play "ask the exchange student the same questions for the tenth time".

someone awful. fucked around with this message at 13:59 on Oct 4, 2016

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Gavin Krieger, the Sasquatch

Look, I... I know it doesn't seem like I'm supposed to be here. But I am, okay? I took the tests, I got in fair and square, and my tuition is taken care of because my dad teaches here. You know, Dr. Krieger, the drama teacher? ... Yeah, we don't look a lot alike. I know. I was adopted, okay?

I don't want to talk about it, but most of Holbrook already knows, so I guess I can tell the story again. Someone found me abandoned in the hospital lobby when I was just a baby. My mom was working in the ER when I was found, and she and Dad had been trying to have a kid for a while, so I guess they pulled some strings and adopted me. They always told me how special I was and how much they wanted me... of course, then my sister was born three years later. I guess I wasn't enough.

Not that my parents, like, abandoned me or anything, but -- sometimes it was hard. They're really normal. My sister's normal. I'm not normal. They say I'm not autistic or anything, but I just... have problems talking to people, making friends, being social, and sometimes I lose my temper. They're always telling me how it's totally normal to be a late bloomer, but I know they're lying. I guess because they love me? Maybe because they don't want to admit that whoever dropped me off at the hospital was probably right.

... Don't give me that look. It's not autism, okay? I have my own reasons for thinking there's something really wrong, okay? Sometimes I have dreams. I... I don't want to talk about this.

It was my mom's idea to try sports, but nothing really clicked until I got into wrestling. I don't like to brag, but I'm actually pretty good at it, so that's another reason I'm here. That, and my grades. I'm smarter than I look, okay? So I'm going to try to keep my head down, do my best in school and wrestling, and be glad this school's kind of small. Maybe if I can get to college, everything's gonna be okay. I don't think it will be, but sometimes I like to hope.

quote:

The Sasquatch
Tentative, sensitive eyes
Abandoned

Hot -1
Cold -1
Volatile 2
Dark 1

Moves:

Musk
You have a distinct smell, unpleasant to some, intriguing to others. When you sweat in the presence of other people, roll with volatile. On a 10 up, the MC gives you a String on someone there and they choose:
* compliment you,
* apologize to you,
* give themselves to you.
On a 7-9, the MC gives you a String on someone there, and that character gives you a Condition, delivered in the most appropriate way.

Icebreaker
You radiate awkwardness and people don't know how to talk around you. When someone speaks to break a silence or to start a new conversation, you may roll with dark. On a 10 up, choose two of these questions for them to blurt truthful answers to, whether or not you actually ask. On a 7-9, choose one question and during this conversation you both blurt out truthful answers to it.
* Who do you want to make out with?
* What don't you want me to find out?
* What do you intend to do?
* What do you wish I'd do?
* What are you scared of?
* What are you ashamed of?
* Do you like me?

The Long Fuse
When you or someone wrapped in your arms would take harm, you may negate that harm. If you do so, name something that you hold dear - if you don't destroy that something later, do yourself the harm then.

Sex Move
The person you have sex with smells like you afterward, and gains the Condition scented. If they face their peers before scrubbing it off, they mark experience.

Darkest Self
Now, right now, it's time to rain stones down upon the bullies and the excluders. It's time to wreck their precious stuff, to shove them back so hard that they'll never even dream of messing with you or anyone ever, ever again. You escape your Darkest Self when you hurt one of those people more than they've ever hurt anyone else... and more than you meant to.

Backstory
You've been a wallflower all your life, but someone finally noticed you. Give them a String.

Someone makes fun of you. What do they say? They give you a Condition, and you gain 2 Strings on them.

quote:

For a school in the middle of nowhere, Gutermuth has some good sports facilities, and our wrestling and weight-room stuff is pretty nice. I guess the other members of the wrestling team are as close as I get to having friends. We don't really... talk... outside of practices, but they respect what I do, and that's nice.

quote:

I like how close we are to the State Wilderness Refuge and to the mountains. I haven't decided whether I want to do biology or geology yet in school, or environmental sciences, or whatever, but I like being able to go and do stuff in nature. As long as it's light out.

quote:

I don't like how dark it gets at night. Everyone says it's great not to have light pollution, but I really don't like being outdoors at night. It makes me... think things. Gives me bad dreams if I'm out too long. I'm glad the dorm curfew is as early as it is.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
A lot of applications! I have some questions up - if your character isn't here, I'm still working on them.

Delia Maxwell, the Vampire

Now that Xander Rothsburg is dead, do you know if any other vampires are nearby? Or are you the only one around?

How do you plan to keep your activites under wraps? Enough dead people, even if they're homeless vagrants, could get noticed eventually and the bums might realize what's happening if you keep them alive.

What are some of the limitations you've noticed on your ability to hypnotize people?

Do you blame Gutermuth for what happened to you, or do you just want to take over the school to have power? And what do you plan to do if you succeed?

Who or what do you care about in Gutermuth?

Sigrid Peterson, the Angel

When was the last time you talked to your father? What happened?

What do you think of the students at this school? What do you think of the faculty?

Who in Gutermuth do you admire?

Do you currently have any plans on how to show your father that he made a mistake kicking you out, or are you winging it for now?

In what way is Gutermuth better then home? In what way is it worse?

Sarah Glacia the Wyrm

How do you get clothes to add to your collection? Do your parents allow you to take some of the ones the company designs or do you get them some other way?

Who do you like in this school?

How expensive are the clothes that you wear? Why don't you wear the more expensive ones?

Have you ever noticed anything unusual about yourself, your family, or the world?

What's currently the biggest obstacle in your life?

Jupiter Johanson, the Hollow

How well did your parents take you just showing up out of nowhere? Do you think they're used to weird things like that, or were they more surprised about it?

How have you changed yourself to better fit in before?

What story or person from mythology do you find yourself identifying with?

How have your parents tried to make you a suitable heir for managing their company?

What's the worst story the press has written about you?

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Here are some more questions. I've been a little busy, but I'll try to have questions for the last few characters up tomorrow.

Rosabella Park, the Queen

Who from your group did something to betray you in the past, and what did you do to them?

Which of your group do you like the most? Who do you like the least?

Are there any other students at Gutermuth competing with your influence, or are you undisputed at the top?

How do the four of you get drugs into the school? Whose help from outside the gang do you need?

What do the members of your cliche demand from you? What sets them off and makes them go for retaliation even if you don't want them to?

Kara Anders, the Ghost

What kind of people do you find make you think about how you died?

Who have you hurt when blaming them for your death? How bad was it, and did they deserve it?

How many ghosts have you meet? When was the last time you met one? Have you come across any other supernatural beings on your way back to school?

How is Gutermuth different now from when you were alive?

Who in school has actually noticed you? Is that a good or bad thing?

Cassidy Slade, the Werewolf

Do you have any new powers or abilities from being a werewolf that you can use while human?

Do you remain in contact with your family, or are you dealing with this by yourself right now?

Have you ever transformed yet or is it something you've managed to stave off?

Who on the football team do you hate and why?

What do you plan to do if things get too bad and you might transform at school?

Jim Word the Witch

At the compound, did you use your magical skills to help out with the military or is that something you developed on your own?

Who have you put a hex on in Gutermuth, and how did it go wrong?

In what way does Gutermuth remind you of the compound you grew up in?

As powerful as it is, what limitations does your magic have?

What's something odd you've noticed about Gutermuth?

Naomi Maccabee, the Ghoul

How many animals do you need to eat to keep the hunger from becoming too much?

What the religious atmosphere like in Gutermuth?

Who at Gutermuth wouldn't be noticed if they went missing?

What sports team would you be interested in joining?

Have you died again since the first time? If so, what happened? If not, what do you think might happen?

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009

• Who from your group did something to betray you in the past, and what did you do to them?

Mandy, if you'd believe it. Came back from summer vacation with a boyfriend. Always on the phone with him... always shopping for gifts for him online... ugh. So boring. And the worst part was that she was doing it all while we were hanging out! Like I'd ever play second fiddle to some actor down in California. So I contacted his agency and let them know he was dating an underage high schooler. The calls stopped coming, and wouldn't you know who was there for Mandy to help her get through the breakup? The other girls, of course - I had a nail appointment.

• Which of your group do you like the most? Who do you like the least?

Emmy is easily the most agreeable, mostly because she only rarely argues against me - and more importantly, is usually right about it. As for who I like the least? Probably Emmy as well - that brain of hers is too big for her head if you ask me. I don't need agreeable - I somebody who won't go against me.

• Are there any other students at Gutermuth competing with your influence, or are you undisputed at the top?

Oh... if they are trying to compete, I've barely noticed. Sure, there's some others around who wish they were as popular as me... but that's all just a dream, now, isn't it? I'll let them play their little games... but when the time comes, they'll know who is in charge.

• How do the four of you get drugs into the school? Whose help from outside the gang do you need?

Emmy usually keeps it to herself, but she took me along one day for a "pickup." Really, it was just a simple trip to downtown Holbrook, where we had lunch with her brother - Damon. I guess he was a junior engineer at Disc Corp - working in on some chemical formula for some boring reason. Now, he's turned his eyes on developing designer drugs for the rich and fabulous - and of course, I'm more than happy to help him spread the good word and try them out myself.

Damon Hamilton

• What do the members of your cliche demand from you? What sets them off and makes them go for retaliation even if you don't want them to?

If I'm being honest - power. They expect me to hold the reins, and ensure everybody knows that we're in charge. So far, that's been pretty easy - but I did catch a few hints at an uprising early last week. Found Emmy's name listed as part of some Academic Olympic club - she better not be getting into too many extracurricular activities. Of course, when I confronted her about it, we got into a big argument. I won, of course, but I can feel... I'm not sure. Like she's pulling away. I'll just have to rein her back in. Hard.

OOC - Rosabella doesn't mention Newt in any of this because she doesn't think of Newt very often - rather, takes her horribly for granted, makes her do coffee runs and other errands for her, and just takes it for granted that Newt doesn't rebel. This area will be ripe for the picking in game, if chosen of course.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Heliotrope posted:

Naomi Maccabee, the Ghoul
How many animals do you need to eat to keep the hunger from becoming too much?

What the religious atmosphere like in Gutermuth?

Who at Gutermuth wouldn't be noticed if they went missing?

What sports team would you be interested in joining?

Have you died again since the first time? If so, what happened? If not, what do you think might happen?

Well it depends on the size of course. Like a medium dog can keep me going for a week. And I mean that's what will keep me from losing my mind. I won't feel full for more than two days. I'm thinking up taking hunting. It's popular around here and I'll have something to talk about with the cooler kids. It will be a lot more reliable if I don't have to actually catch the animal. I could get a deer even. That should last me a while.

A lot of the others are extremely Christian. You probably already know what I mean. Evangelicals who try to see everything through a biblical lens. Don't ask them to quote a verse and know its number though. Sigh, sorry. I mean, it's better than nothing. But it usually comes part and parcel with some um, more unfortunate attitudes. Like... ah gently caress it. Yeah they're ignant as poo poo at best. Bunch of loving... God I just wish I was white some times. It would be so much easier. These guys come in and like they don't even realize there's other denominations. They're just sounding off whatever dumb rear end poo poo they've been told. And half of them are too rich to give a gently caress about the stink eye they get for it. It's not all bad. The school itself doesn't touch religion with a ten foot pole. There's just as many good Christians. Plenty just don't seem to care. And there's a few like me who are already ex-Jesusy. Sorry I just kind of ranted there. Christ, I hate young Republicans.

Oh God. Well um. I would know that huh. I haven't exactly been a hit on the social scene for a few reasons. I have a friend, Ingrid. She's not good at talking to people. She tries to make up for it with fashion. It kind of worked on me. It's daring and I've never really seen anyone wear stuff like that so she seemed interesting. We don't share any interests. She watches shows on her computer and tries to draw. She's okay I guess. She gives up too easily on it. Lately she's been talking about having a crush but won't confess even though I keep saying she should. I mean like yeah, it's going to suck rear end when it doesn't work out. But it's going to suck until it get's to the not working out yeah? I mean, I don't like the idea of eating like I do, but starving is worse. And I feel a lot better when I finally go through with it. I'm trying to think of a way to relate that experience with her without actually talking about the experience at all.

Track is the default option. But I already run all the time. I like baseball, actually. The bursts of action get my adrenaline going. And everyone gets their turn at bat so it isn't like spending all game hoping you get to touch the ball.

Uh yeah. I leaned out in front of a truck to it walloped my head. That was soon after I figured out I am sustained by the flesh of the living and am probably a demon or something. Yeah I tried to kill myself. Well I guess it's more accurate to say it worked. I think it worked. It was like last time. Nothing, then I'm awake again. There is nothing on the other side. Nothing for me at least. I guess it was a hit and run. That's less of a hassle. But it's why I bothered to figure out a system where I don't hurt any body. I just need to you know, not depopulate an area of animals either. Maybe I'll figure something out and I can get fixed? Or at least feel like I'm not some parasite.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

Heliotrope posted:

Kara Anders, the Ghost
What kind of people do you find make you think about how you died?

Anyone who's vocally ungrateful for everything they have, like "oh no my iphone is the last model my life is over" or "ugh chad is so much hotter than my boyfriend" or "oh I'm so fat I hate everything!" Bitch, you are alive! You can talk on your lovely phone with real breath or kiss your boy or actually EAT and you never know when it's all just going to end so do those things and be thankful! The mindless and thankless are the envy of the lifeless, I guess. But they do make me wonder about what happened - I was always careful with my diet, I didn't smoke or anything. The Medical Examiner asked if I had been on birth control, and no I wasn't! It's just...loving unfair.

quote:

Who have you hurt when blaming them for your death? How bad was it, and did they deserve it?

The Holbrook City Medical examiner, Dr Clifford Whately. I'd been hanging around my body trying to...do something, make it move or whatever, and he came in and was taking notes and just putting me - or my corpse I guess - back in the freezer and I was just so mad at him for being alive and smug and not listening to me or helping my parents and I was able to touch something for the first time. Too bad for him it was a scalpel that had been left out. I managed to stick it in his shoulder pretty good before I lost my grip again - he didn't die or anything but he was off work for a while. There where some things in his notes that I don't fully remember, changes he'd made to the official autopsy report which help me justify it to myself, but really I was just lashing out. I think he still works there, which is weird because his kind of blue blood family connections should have got him promoted by now.

quote:

How many ghosts have you met? When was the last time you met one? Have you come across any other supernatural beings on your way back to school?

Your guess is a good as mine on how many. Like I said, I've lost chunks of time were I wasn't focused, y'know? It's definitely not 1-1 dead people/ghosts though. Maybe a few dozen that I could put faces too? The last one I met was on the road back in to Holbrook - I was hitching with a couple of honeymooning dudes (why come here? who loving knows, but I'm glad they did cause it saved me like a day of walking) and this chick was at a gas station in the forest outside town, just staring. I kind of figured no-one else was able to see her (a wedding dress normally draws some kind of comment) but I went to check her out anyway. She was pretty badly gone, all she could say was that she 'couldn't go home' and that I should leave.

Other supernaturals? Not really, unless you count the 'psychic barista' Lena Davis at the Stopped Clock Cafe in midtown. Turns out she really can see and talk to 'spirits' like me even when I'm not trying to be seen, which I guess is some kind of magic? Anyway, she makes good coffee which I'll drink now that I don't need to worry about my blood pressure.

quote:

How is Gutermuth different now from when you were alive?

How does a few years change any school? Not loving much. New names, new faces. New textbooks though, which is how you can tell this place is upmarket - no history texts from the 60s for these kids! They expanded the sports fields on to some reclaimed wetland - that must have annoyed local hippies. Oh, and the old Dean Ms Anchorage retired, although she's still on the board of directors and does some supply teaching. I remember her cleaning out my room after I died, nosing around for drugs or something to make my death not her fault.

Wait, how do I remember that? I...maybe I imagined it?

quote:

Who in school has actually noticed you? Is that a good or bad thing?

You'd think if anyone is going to notice someone sitting up the back and keeping her head down it'd be a teacher or a bully, right? Someone with something to gain from bringing attention to you. Not with my luck. No, I get Alicia Boyd, human sugar rush. Wants me to join her drama troupe, wants me to play soccer, wants me to dress up and go into town...

It's good. It's nice to be recognized and wanted. But sooner or later the other shoe is going to drop - I'm not just shy and in need of friends, I'm dead. And she's not helping me move on.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

Heliotrope posted:

Delia Maxwell, the Vampire

Now that Xander Rothsburg is dead, do you know if any other vampires are nearby? Or are you the only one around?

Mm. Like I said, I'm still pretty new to all this. I doubt it, though, given how much I need to feed. It's one of those apex predator things. Holbrook and Gutermuth couldn't support someone else like me. If there are others out there, they'll need their own feeding grounds. Otherwise you'd figure that we'd be hearing more about mysterious deaths or Holbrook's anemia epidemic. Your guess is as good as mine, really. Maybe older vampires don't need to feed as much? Maybe they are all just sleeping. Either way, I haven't seen anything.

quote:

How do you plan to keep your activities under wraps? Enough dead people, even if they're homeless vagrants, could get noticed eventually and the bums might realize what's happening if you keep them alive.

That's... that's a good point. I've been thinking of starting a bit of a farm. Hypnotize a bunch of them to be docile, get them to hole up somewhere. That way I can just rotate between them and nobody would notice the bite marks. The only problem is getting them to feed themselves and not just freeze to death or something stupid like that. Maybe I could control some sort of grocery store owner or something? poo poo. Then I'd need to make sure nobody noticed him taking all of the expired product to the farm. This is starting to sound complicated. Might as well just go for law enforcement at that point.

That's... Not an awful idea, actually, I'll have to see about that.

quote:

What are some of the limitations you've noticed on your ability to hypnotize people?

Complexity is just right out of the picture. Humans are way worse at interpreting orders than I had thought they would be. Well, that and subtlety. I can get someone to go somewhere, right? Here's the problem. They will go there by the most efficient way possible. If I tell someone to meet me outside, there is a real chance that they will choose to take a window to get there. There is still a certain level of self-preservation, though, so I haven't seen anyone leap out of a second story window or anything like that. Social niceties aren't exactly on their list of concerns after I hypnotize them either.

quote:

Do you blame Gutermuth for what happened to you, or do you just want to take over the school to have power? And what do you plan to do if you succeed?

Listen, I get that there are going to be jerks, predators, and other... undesirables wherever you go. Most places have the decency to at least try and keep that in the shadows. At Gutermuth? It's right there for everyone to see. People knew that I was going to meet Xander in the woods. I wouldn't be surprised if he had done the same song and dance dozens of times before. Nobody cared that I didn't come back with him. Fine. If this is how Gutermuth is, I will use that to my advantage. It's better to be the predator than the prey.

As for what I'd do? I don't honestly know. That's putting the cart before the horse. I need to establish a power base, secure reliable food, and identify who I need to coopt or otherwise remove. Maybe I'll just rule this place from the shadows. Maybe I'll leave it all to burn when I've got a diploma.

quote:

Who or what do you care about in Gutermuth?

Well, my grades for one. I may need to look into a different set of careers down the line, but I'm still in it to end up with the tools I need to live a good life. There are also some good people here. I still like to hang out with a few of my friends from before I changed. The scholarship kids aren't the problem. Most of them, anyways. There are a few that have made my list. The problem are the entitled snobs, the wastes of flesh who think their money or name let them do anything. So, yeah. I'm painting with broad strokes here. There are some good parts to this place. The problems just outweigh them in my mind.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?

quote:

How do you get clothes to add to your collection? Do your parents allow you to take some of the ones the company designs or do you get them some other way?

Yeah, I usually just ask for a set of the ones I find that look good. I mean, I'm the heir to the whole thing, what are they gonna do? Besides, helps me get a fashion sense and yada yada. Advertising via wearing it, you know, all that good stuff. On top of that, as you should know you're really only paying for the name anyway. The fabric itself? Barely worth poo poo.

Also got some stuff Ex-Suitors gave back. Yeah I have those, and some are dumb enough to give them back.

quote:

Who do you like in this school?

Tom. Tom Grekosvy, I believe?

He's a pretty nice guy. We just got talking during lunch a while back, and exchanged names. Even told him my full name and he didn't ask for anything. Just went like 'okay, gotcha' over it and continued on like nothing happened.

You know how great that is? Finally, someone I can just talk to.

quote:

How expensive are the clothes that you wear? Why don't you wear the more expensive ones?

Not too far above what an ordinary person can wear. You know those "once in a while" kind of show-off outfit? Those. No ridiculous designer outfits or anything like That. They attract way less attention, and I still get to look good. Which, naturally, is important. Sure as hell got that part drilled into me.

But seriously, I swear designer outfits are just a way to make rich idiots pay way too much money for something other people will laugh at them at.

quote:

Have you ever noticed anything unusual about yourself, your family, or the world?

Yeah, there's something weird going on in our family. Literally everyone in my family, including both me and the extended family, has a hoarding problem.

Yeah, I'm aware of it. I mean, why do you think I have all these clothes? I... I just kinda don't want to get rid of them, for the most part. Just throwing them away would be such a waste! Which is kind of why I end up just borrowing them to friends, and then just 'forgetting' about them. At least they can make some use of it.

But anyway, I wonder what the hell's up with that?

quote:

What's currently the biggest obstacle in your life?

Hmm, my relative lack of friends. I mean, I have some, but they're either temporary or somewhat alienated due to all the moving and the events and all the other crap that comes with my position. It's actually pretty lonely, you know?

I suppose the fact that I'm stuck here for a while is a bit of a blessing in disguise, although at some point my education will be over and it's back to the business world. When does anyone ever have time to be a teenager in this kind of world?

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

Heliotrope posted:

Cassidy Slade, the Werewolf

Do you have any new powers or abilities from being a werewolf that you can use while human?

Oh yea, turns out there're some perks to being awakened. I'm stronger, and faster than I ever was before, all my senses are sharper, and my body heals faster than a regular person's, but that ain't all.

Did you know people have a smell? I'm not talking about poo poo like body odor, or perfume, I'm talking about a smell. People have a very distinct scent coming off of them, and no two scents are ever alike. It's like I can smell the "essence" of people, and that smell can tell me a lot about who they really are. It's part of the reason I can't stand being around the rich kids, most of them smell rotten, and each one, each and every one of them, stink, in their own special little ways, and a few of them have a stench that is so overpowering that I can't be near them without wanting to throw up.

quote:

Do you remain in contact with your family, or are you dealing with this by yourself right now?

I loving wish I was. I have to keep contact with them, or else mother dearest will be mad. She demands I tell her everything, my grades, my social standings, who I hang around, what do they do, everything. I don't It's like I'm a prisoner on loving parole. She loves telling me not to "gently caress this all up," and how badly this'll "effect the family" if I don't do well. It makes me feel great.

quote:

Have you ever transformed yet or is it something you've managed to stave off?

I have.

See, I don't have my dad's patience, I'm not good at handling my own emotions. They can become almost intense at times, especially whenever I talk to mom, and I need to find a way to let it out, or else- actually, I don't want to think of that.

I go to the forest, find a spot with no people, and just let it take over me. I let myself turn, and it feels good. All the pent up anger is gone, and I'm just a wolf on the hunt. I can't begin to describe how free it makes me feel, not having to hold back anymore, and just being myself. If I could, I'd leave myself like this forever, and not have to worry about the bullshit in my life.

But I can't. There's this gut feeling, in the pit of my stomach, that's telling me that if I let myself go for too long, or for too much, something bad is going to happen. I don't know what, but I don't want to find out.

quote:

Who on the football team do you hate and why?

Oh, you want to know who I hate? Alright, I'll tell you who I loving despise.

There's this snooty rich bitch called Veronica Fairchild. One day, she just barged in during one of our practice sessions and said she was the team captain now. This little twig, who's probably never even put an ounce of effort into anything, who has no idea what the rules are, who couldn't even take the time to remember our names, had the balls to tell us that she's our captain. The real kicker here? Her dad owns the stadium we play in, and if we don't do what she says her dad will ban us from playing her.

Thank christ she barely shows up, but the few moments she does, she fucks everything up. She throws orders around like we're her servants, she threatens us if we even try to talk back, and she stinks. She smells like a graveyard with all the corpses dug out, trying to hide behind a field of flowers. It takes me every fiber of my being to stop myself from tearing her to shreds until there's nothing left.

quote:

What do you plan to do if things get too bad and you might transform at school?

I don't know.

I think, if it ever gets that bad, if I let myself go in front of the entire school, if I hurt people, I think that would be it for me. How do you even come back? You can't. I'm probably going to be hunted like a monster, and my life might as well be over. I figure I'd just run into the nearest forest, and let myself turn, and never go back. If they think I'm a monster, fine, I'll be a monster, and I'll die as one.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
Questions for the last characters are now up.

Alicia Lee, the Fae

Have you encountered any other Fae since you became one?

Are there any circumstances in which you wouldn't punish someone for breaking a promise?

What's the best Faerie in Gutermuth? What's the worst Faerie?

Are you able to take things from Faerie and bring them back to the regular world? If so, what's something you've brought with you?

Who doesn't appreciate you painting the truth?

Kenji Yamasaki, the Infernal

Is there any name you call this thing that has empowered you? What's your relationship with him like?

Does your family still contact you while you're here? How were they convinced to let you study in a private US school that isolates itself?

What does your friend like about you the best? In what way does he want you to improve?

What are some of the things he's asked you do so far? What are some of the things he's given you?

Do you find yourself getting into violent situations here in America? What was it like back home?

What are those strange dreams of yours like?

Who is the worst person you've met in Gutermuth?

What irreplacable thing of yours have you destroyed in anger before?

What do your teammates on the wrestling team say about how you smell?

What odd things have you noticed about yourself?

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Heliotrope posted:

What are those strange dreams of yours like?

Well... they're always at night, out in the woods. Sometimes it's the woods I recognize around Holbrook, but sometimes it's nowhere I've ever seen before. I'm just stumbling around in there, no idea how I got there or what I'm trying to do, and then these arms just grab me and hold me. Not, like, choking me out, even though I'm struggling? Just holding me. I can feel something big and warm holding me close, but I can never see anything, not even the arms.

Once I'm starting to get tired, whatever it is starts talking to me, kind of deep and low. Almost like... uh, you know when someone near you is playing loud music that you can't quite hear, but you can feel? Like that. It always says that it's so glad to see me, that it's going to take me home. Sometimes it calls me "son," sometimes "brother," sometimes "betrothed." I... it's not like I want to go with it, but... when it starts talking, I always get kind of calm? Like I'm ready to die, I guess.

quote:

Who is the worst person you've met in Gutermuth?

Well... there are a lot of bad people here. But maybe the one who's the worst is Sammy Harrison, this girl from my homeroom. She's... okay, so, uh, I dunno how this works, but she's kind of mid-pack socially, I guess? Like, she's rich enough that she's not out of it, but not enough that people pretend to like her. So she's just constantly sucking up to everyone above her, right? But whenever people are actually a little nice to her, no matter how much, she just does something nasty to get points on them. Like, Olivia Bradshaw invited her to her birthday party, and the next day she's in class bragging and smirking to some girl who sits next to her about how she's sexting with Olivia's boyfriend.

... I don't try to eavesdrop on people, okay? But I hear stuff. People don't always notice I'm there, or care, I guess.

Anyway, it's just... Sammy's just awful to people, and it's always the wrong people she's awful to, it seems like. The girls who give her poo poo or pretend not to see her? She's just all smiles, bowing and scraping. If she has to backstab people this bad, why doesn't she do it to the people who hurt her, instead of the people who try to like her?

quote:

What irreplacable thing of yours have you destroyed in anger before?

... Um. Okay. I guess I have to talk about this.

So my little sister, Gracie, got a fishtank a couple of years ago. She got really into that stuff, and she, uh... started up with little tropical fish? The ones that are really pretty, and small, and kinda fragile... they needed a big tank, so she put it in the living room, over by my mom's bookshelves.

Look, do I have to talk about this? ... Okay.

... So this summer, I got into a fight with my folks. I don't remember what it was about now. I think it was all this yard work they had me doing, and I was tired of it and asked why Gracie didn't help out, and Mom started going on about how Gracie's got to worry about dance camp and I should just take responsibility for the household, because I wasn't a kid, and I... something just broke inside me. I swung before I knew what I was swinging at, and it was the fishtank. The glass shattered, and...

... I mean...

... Look, Gracie got a new fishtank, okay? I paid for it. It's just a little one, but she said she wanted to keep it in her room, anyway, so there wouldn't be another accident. I don't like talking about this. I don't even like thinking about it too much. The water and the fish...

They were just little guys. I didn't mean to hurt them. I'm sorry --

.. Okay. Breathe in, Gavin, breathe out. Okay.

quote:

What do your teammates on the wrestling team say about how you smell?

Okay, so... well, I mean, everyone on the team sweats, right? It's sports. And the locker room is... a locker room. What the guys on the team give me poo poo about is that they think I'm wearing some weird cologne, or deodorant, or something to try and cover up. Some of them are like "stop using that Bath and Body Works poo poo, Krieger, you still stink," and... I guess maybe they smell something? I know I smell weird. But I don't use anything but regular Speed Stick, so... I don't know.

I get a lot of poo poo about it, but sometimes it gets weirder. The other day, Kevin Vanzetti grabbed me after practice and said he really liked it. Said I smelled like "pine and campfires," and he sounded, like, sincere. What am I supposed to say? I didn't say anything.

quote:

What odd things have you noticed about yourself?

Christ, where do I start?

So, uh, the smell. I can't really smell it myself, but I know it's not just sweat. I think the wrestling guys are just yanking my chain, but... sometimes it really does smell like I washed in something funky, or rolled in something. Mom says it's glandular? But she hasn't taken me to the doctor, so I don't think she thinks it's really medical. It's just... wrong. Weird.

... There's my hair, too. I have to shave like twice a day, before school and after. Sometimes I use my dad's electric razor to clip down the hair on my arms so it looks regular. The stuff on my head is just like it normally is, but... why just face and arms?

The other thing is... and this is kind of okay... I'm really good at fighting through pain. It's like things don't bother me until I let them bother me, you know? ... I have to let them bother me; it all builds up inside until it bursts. But it's good for wrestling.

There's a lot of little things like that, I guess. I know it's just puberty, or growing pains, or whatever dumb thing adults call it, but... I don't know if I'm supposed to be changing this much. It's like someone cranked it all up and I'm growing too fast, or growing to... something. Something bigger than adulthood, and weirder. Dad says a lot of kids feel like that, but they can't all feel like this, right? Or someone would have said something?

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Is there any name you call this thing that has empowered you? What's your relationship with him like?

He -- actually, I don't know why I'm calling it male, now that I think about it. it? It doesn't like being called God. To myself, I just think of it as その人 - "this person". They do not like or appreciate titles. If you forced me to name it, I suppose I would call him The Whisper, since that is what he sounds like.

If it weren't for the fact that its help is a provable thing, I would wonder if I weren't actually mentally ill. It was not so difficult to adjust to its presence: the voice is small, scratchy and indistinct when it chooses to speak, and it just as often acts through urges, impulses, or thoughts -- things which are difficult to separate from my own mind. At first, of course, I was scared. To converse with someone, even in your head, is one thing: you retain control over your own words, you are still grounded in your own mind. Less comfortable, by far, is a sudden unexplained need to say or do something, or go somewhere, without the logic to place where that idea came from. Sometimes I wonder: if I were as weak-willed as most other people, would it use me as a mouthpiece without my permission? I'm not, obviously, and I can choose whether or not I want to follow its suggestions, but I can also feel his resent when I choose to ignore him. He -- she? Has proven, so far, that it only has my best interests in mind when it acts.

It's only recently, since arriving at Gutermuth, that he's begun to talk about my obligation to spread his influence. The further his reach, he says, the more power -- help -- he can offer me. I can think of no reason not to trust him. If he can make my life this much better already, imagine how much good it could do for Holbrook -- or the rest of the world...

Does your family still contact you while you're here? How were they convinced to let you study in a private US school that isolates itself?

Unfortunately. My mother insists that I video call her every Saturday, so that she can see that I'm alive and well and not doing drugs or drinking or suddenly becoming too American, and talking to her usually means that I have to talk to my father, who makes me prove to him that my grades are up and that I've been studying. Thankfully, the time difference makes it difficult for them to contact me unless it's scheduled first. I'd go insane if my mother could just call me whenever she wanted. Occasionally I text my younger brothers, to see how they are surviving without me for our parents to hover over. It isn't their fault that I was destined for better things favored by fortune.

This specific school would never have been my first choice. Hell, I'd rather have gone somewhere Canadian. But the whisper led me to Gutermuth, and explained its reasoning so that I could sell my parents on it. First off, it's a well-funded, highly-regarded school that accepts exchange students without having to seat me with an American family. Boarding schools aren't the most common thing in modern times, and there's absolutely no way my father would let me stay with an exchange family. He wouldn't trust them not to influence me in some way, whatever that means. The woman who runs the exchange student program, Mrs. Nakamura, is (obviously) Japanese, so I'd be watched over by someone they wouldn't worry too much about. Also, it's a boarding school that isn't Catholic -- I don't think they'd have let me go to a religious school.

Being in an isolated location, Holbrook seems "safe". There's a really narrow view of American cities held by a lot of people that's obviously stupid: that every single American is basically given a gun at birth, that you'll get shot just for being in the wrong part of town or behaving in the wrong way. Real life isn't a Hollywood movie and news stories exaggerate, but for some reason even smart people think America's more dangerous than any other average city. But a sleepy small (and, because racism is important, mostly-white) town doesn't scare them as much, especially when the school isn't technically a part of the town to begin with.

I was able to sell my case with some help. Coincidentally, someone my father knew at work had a child who'd gone through an exchange program and spoke highly of the experience, which probably helped. Even with everything on my side, I still think it's a miracle that they signed the paperwork.

What does your friend like about you the best? In what way does he want you to improve?

For better or worse, I am bold.

Had I been less bold, I would have been molded by my family’s expectations. I would live an ordinary, miserable life, and die wondering why I had wasted my time. I think some people know their lives are like this, deep down. They can cope with it through fantasy, like one of my friends in middle school (he drew Naruto whiskers on his face with a permanent marker, wore a headband at all times, and told everyone he could do magic). Or they can cope through denial and frustration, like my parents, punishing your kids because the life you led wasn’t what you’d wanted.

Both are stupid things done by foolish people. I’m too smart to live so pointlessly, and this person recognizes it. He respected my belief in the ability to change my fate, which is why he helped me do it. Which is why I was the best choice -- of all people, me, the best -- to become their herald, obviously.

But it says that sometimes I can be too bold, which I don’t disagree with. There have been times when I haven’t understood what he was whispering me to do, so I would act with incomplete knowledge -- and other times, when I have rejected its advice entirely, thinking that I knew better.
A little before I left for Gutermuth, the whisper was urging me to remain civil with my parents. It would have been the smart thing to do, and I knew it. But as freedom ticked its way closer, it became more difficult to watch my words, and when my father said he wouldn’t be able to see me off at the airport because he’d almost earned a high-ranking promotion -- “one you can inherit someday after you graduate”, like I should be thankful for his absence…

I shouldn’t have said anything. The whispers were angry, my father was angry, my mother was angry, my brothers were angry that everyone else was angry… and this is why my mother is the one who does the video calling.

What are some of the things he's asked you do so far? What are some of the things he's given you?

After I got settled in at Gutermuth, the first thing he asked for was information. It wants to know as much as it can about the staff and students so that we can decide who is worthy of the effort of helping. It’s hard to guess exactly how he wants me to do things when he’s not specific about it, and I think it’s because he’s testing me. I’m more than up to the challenge, though. The Principal doesn’t keep her office’s door locked, I discovered, and it was pretty easy to find a basic personnel roster and information on her computer. To be fair, I did almost get caught, but I was done messing around with it by then and it was easy to just tell her I’d gotten lost and come to her office as one of the landmarks I remembered.

As a reward -- is it really a reward if it’s still to help him? -- he made it easier for me to become friends with one of my only normal classmates. It’s not that I was getting lonely, mind you. Between having a roommate and the uncomfortable not-popularity that comes from being a transfer student, I talk to enough people a day that it almost makes me sick. But it’s nice to have someone I can call a “friend”.

Justin is the physical education teacher’s son and a natural-born follower. He’s on the track team, so he’s popular with the girls, and he’s quiet, so he hears a lot of what’s going on. He’s an agreeable person that everyone likes well enough, but -- the whispers told me this -- because he’s not rich and is a teacher’s kid, has trouble making real friends.

Most of the ‘repayment’ (are we calling it that?) that I get is things like that. Less tangible, but, or so they say, more valuable for it. I think if I actually wanted something like money though, they would find a way to make it happen.

Do you find yourself getting into violent situations here in America? What was it like back home?

I will be blunt: it is a relief that expressions of anger are more widely considered acceptable in America, because there are people here who have made it their goal in life to push me to my limits.

Maybe I was just lucky, but worthless people in Japan mostly had the respect to leave me alone. But here? Maybe it’s because I’m still a novelty, but it seems the thing to do is to keep needling and needling and needling until something happens. After orientation there were three idiots who decided to follow me around.They could’ve been cardboard cutouts from a crappy drama: a short fat kid, a tall skinny one, and one in the middle who was the leader.

At first they just made fun of my accent and asked stupid questions like everyone else (why does everyone care why my English is so good?) but I guess my eye twitched in a very specific way when the fat one snorted and asked what my favorite anime was, because then they all started repeating it like it was the most hilarious thing in the world.

I threw the first punch. No, it didn’t go well. But I’ve -- we’ve, the whispers and I -- learned from it. And I showed that I can’t be opposed without resistance. Proving a point is sometimes more important than victory.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Heliotrope posted:

When was the last time you talked to your father? What happened?

You humans have a most wonderful device. A cell phone is it? that allows you to communicate over long distances. I purchased one for myself and another which I sent to one of my sisters Eir, She was always the most gentle of us and I had hoped to persuade her to leave with me. But unfortunately there was not enough time to do so. But perhaps with this device we could communicate at a distance without my father knowing. And yet when I tried to contact her at the appointed time and the appointed hour. It was not her that answered but my father. He had been drinking of course. It was almost as if I could smell the mead through the strange little device. He ordered me to return home and I did not respond well. I called him an old fossil, he called me a disobedient daughter, and the whole thing descended into the same arguements we had a hundred times before. In the end I told him to go hang himself from a tree again and not bother getting down this time and ended the call. I have not dared call back since.

quote:

What do you think of the students at this school? What do you think of the faculty?

The students here are something of a mix. They come from far and wide and all four corners of the globe. It is helpful in a way in that I can pretend to be just another foreigner ignorant of your custom. I believe this a school for your elite. The future leaders of this society. So far I am less than impressed. It seems they fancy themselves as the gods of old, lords of creation. But with the exception of a scant handful none of them would last thirty seconds in a proper fight. How did your society survive this long with such pathetic leaders?

As for the faculty they seem knowledgeable and wise sages and I am taking the opportunity to learn from them as much as I can. If I am to establish my independence in this world I will need to know everything so that I may find a niche for myself when I must inevitably leave this place.

quote:

Who in Gutermuth do you admire?

David Driver Aka MC Davey D, His father is a sort of weaponsmith. What do you call them? Ah a defence contractor that's it one who makes weapons for your soldiers. You would expect the son to follow in the footsteps of his father would you not? But he had the courage to stand up to his parents and tell them no. He has decided he wants to be a Skald. No not a Skald. Err- it's on the tip of my tongue. A rapper that's it. I have listened to some of his music it is quite intriguing, it's certainly more interesting than listening to the same three ballads played over and over again back home was. But despite his family threatening to cut off his access to the family fortune he has persisted in his dreams and I admire him for that. He is something of a friend to me and has introduced me to many similar musical performances which I have found interesting.

quote:

Do you currently have any plans on how to show your father that he made a mistake kicking you out, or are you winging it for now?

Wing it? Ah I see. You are correct that I do not have a plan as such. But I am sure the fates will provide for me. See not long after I arrived here I cast the runes in an attempt to determine what my next course of action should be. And what they showed me was interesting. Now I am no expert on their interpretation but if I have read them right I will find my destiny here. Since my destiny clearly does not involve serving a half blind drunk old man that is reassuring. At least I hope my destiny is better than that. I doubt the fates will be so cruel as to do otherwise.

quote:

In what way is Gutermuth better then home? In what way is it worse?

Everything here is so open and there is so much to see and do. I knew every last inch of my home and knew all the faults and foibles of my family but here there is always something new to do or someone new to talk to or something new to learn. In fact it's a shame I don't have time to learn it all. I love it here and wish I could have left home sooner.

As for what's worse well... promise not to share this with anyone? I miss my family especially my sisters. We weren't always happy with each other we fought and argued and yet I still miss them. I felt like I could share anything with them, talk about my problems and just generally feel like I belonged to something. I feel like I'm alone here and it is kind of daunting. I want to be part of something bigger.

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

Heliotrope posted:

Jim Word the Witch

At the compound, did you use your magical skills to help out with the military or is that something you developed on your own?

Who have you put a hex on in Gutermuth, and how did it go wrong?

In what way does Gutermuth remind you of the compound you grew up in?

As powerful as it is, what limitations does your magic have?

What's something odd you've noticed about Gutermuth?

Wow, you ask a lot of questions! Do I have to answer them all right now? Alright, alright. Sure.

Well, basically, what I did at the OTO was predictory targeting. I'd try to come up with ways for them to figure out what was going to happen before it would happen. It worked alright -- we'd stare at goats, we'd look at birds, we'd examine cups of tea, that sort of thing. We could work slowly and methodically, because, well, sometimes there aren't any signs, or sometimes the signs are muddled. You've seen those magic 8-balls, right? Well, reply hazy, try again, is sometimes all you see. It's even worse when you have to tell some guy in a big suit and an impressive hat that what the configuration of the balls on the pool table means is "reply hazy, try again in a week," because he can't read it. If, you know, it's even working, because Uncle Theo's still trying to get the bugs worked out of his system.

People got mad a lot. It was frustrating. Sometimes I didn't like it there at all. I wondered often if people were just lying, so they wouldn't lose the comfortable life they had. On both sides, mind you, both the adults and the AF guys. So I developed a system of my own to deal with that. It had... consequences... And now I'm here.

Basically, with a bit of something from someone, and a little bit of actual magic, and poof!, they can't lie anymore. It's more complicated than simple card tricks or making the ball disappear from under the cup. I could teach you how to do those. But the truth? People don't like that. Truth hurts.

Take Calvin Lintell, for example. He was a grade above me, and showed me around on my first day. Rich guy, his father is a huge shareholder in Visa or something. Very nice antique pocketwatch. During our tour, he introduces me to three different young women, all of whom are convinced that they are his girlfriend. If someone's under the impression that something is exclusive, that's not right. It wouldn't perhaps have been so bad if he hadn't have laughed about it afterwards, and elbowed me in the ribs, as though I were supposed to be impressed by his ability to maintain the deception. A bit of sleight of hand put his pocketwatch into my sleeve, and later that night, the hex was cast.

The next day, Calvin was walking about holding his head. By lunch, he was borrowing Advil from friends. In the afternoon, I saw him talking to Alexis Handschue, and blood began dripping from his ears. He was rushed to the school nurse, and had to go to the hospital. I... I didn't mean for it to go that far. I still have that watch, and it seems to tick much louder than I remember.

And that sense of quiet, being intruded upon occasionally, is what reminds me of the compound the most. It was a big place, like it had been built to hold far more folks than were living there. But sometimes it seemed like it was so cramped and filled that it made me claustrophobic. And Guttermouth feels the same way. Sorry, I know, it’s Gutermuth. Slip of the tongue. Sometimes I’m so alone it’s like no one else exists. The hallway seems to stretch on forever, or the trees are endless. And then you turn a corner and there’s just a press of people, far more than you can count. And that’s still taking some getting used to. I don’t have much experience with strangers, as you can imagine. But it’s going to be fun. Just like in the movies, right?

But no, my powers aren’t like that. Sure, you hear magic, and you think “All powerful, reality bending to you every whim, cheat codes to the universe,” but it really isn’t like that at all. It’s more like a gentle shove here or there. You can tap the machine without setting off the tilt sensor. They don’t work on animals, for example. I haven’t gotten them to work on inanimate objects. Just people. But I’m working on it. Jack and Al are still around, and they’ve been helping out when they have the time. I’m getting better.

Something odd? Well, frankly, the whole place is odd. Like I said, it doesn’t look much like the outside world I was expecting from books and TV. Everyone seems to have plenty of money, which is good, because I was under the impression that not having money was a problem many people faced. What’s really weird, though, is the Ohio Room. It’s a room on the eastern wing of the main building, and it’s supposed to be a small teacher’s conference room. But I’ll be damned if it doesn’t look exactly like the room right next to Uncle Walt’s lab back at the compound, down to the very last detail. I haven’t been able to explore it further to confirm.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor

quote:

How well did your parents take you just showing up out of nowhere? Do you think they're used to weird things like that, or were they more surprised about it?

Well, my mom seemed to be used to weird things. She's got an artist's mind through and through, so she didn't express many concerns with me suddenly appearing on my door with no knowledge of my history. She probably took it as a sign from fate that I would appear at her doorstep. My father, not so much. He is much more logical than my mother and was unsurprisingly suspicious of my origins. He went to all the orphanages in the local area as well as police stations throughout the entire country to see if there were any missing person reports that described me. After not finding any, my father tentatively accepted me into the family, though I believe it was mostly due to my mother's insistence.

Even now, my father still finds me an uncomfortable presence and is probably still suspicious of my existence. My father is very much a no-nonsense type of person. My mother is normally the one who comes up with the designs for clothing while my father is in charge of the business side of the Johanson Collection. They make a very effective team even with their relatively different personalities. My mother has a naivety about her that allows her to drift through life with relatively few worries and thus makes her more accepting of things that she doesn't have full explanations for. My father pretty much refuses to believe anything that he can't explain. It's a very surprising juxtaposition and it makes my job of understanding human emotions a more difficult prospect due to the wide variety between the two.

quote:

How have you changed yourself to better fit in before?

In order to adapt myself to the world around me, I used to take what I've read in books and mimic them when I believe it is the appropriate situation to express that emotion. For example, I would read something about how people would feel in an argument and when I would get into an argument, I would try and force myself to feel those same feelings. It's like that saying goes, "fake it until you make it". It has gotten me into trouble a few times, however. Over time and through many applications of this method, I have realised that a lot of emotions in literature are exaggerated. So I have been accused of being overdramatic and neurotic due to how large my reactions were to relatively little things. While I still use literature as a basis for my research, I have not put as much faith in this methodology as I once used to.

More recently, I've taken to observing people. I have been told it is a social faux pax, but I find that observing people in real life and learning from them will be the best way for me to learn how to fit in. In fact, after doing it for some time, I've realised that other people are really fascinating. I've found ways to make my observations less suspicious. For one thing, I find that in the library, people are more preoccupied with their activities than others. It's a ripe environment for me to gain a better understanding of other people. Additionally, in restaurants, as long as you look to be eating food or reading a menu, people don't pay as much attention to you. I must admit, ever since I have adopted this way of understanding emotions and personality, I feel like I've learned more applicable comprehension of the human psyche.

quote:

What story or person from mythology do you find yourself identifying with?

Ironically, I feel some sense of kinship towards Aphrodite. Both of us weren't conceived into this world through human means. Though I probably didn't get created from the severed genitals of a god, we both still weren't birthed from a mother's womb. Additionally, we both have been described as physically beautiful. While the press has been anything but kind to me, they do comment that I am physically attractive. It's probably one of the only nice things they've ever said. That's where our similarities end. For one thing, Aphrodite is the goddess of love, desire and beauty and was desirable. I've been described as a freak and inhuman. Maybe it was because Aphrodite was a god. She did have a girdle that compelled everyone to desire her. It is something to ponder. if Aphrodite was a human, would she still be seen as desirable? Maybe we're more similar than I initially thought and I can develop a way to become desirable to others. I must admit, having a thought like that does put my heart to ease.

quote:

How have your parents tried to make you a suitable heir for managing their company?

They both have had different approaches towards developing me as the future of the Johanson Collection. At first, my mother tried to "tap into the creative mind" and talk to me about odd subjects such as the state of the world or the meaning behind things like popular movies. Needless to say, my "creative mind" refused to be tapped into. With what little I know about my human life, a part of me doubts that I have a creative mind to begin with. After a few more failed attempts towards tapping into my creative mind, my mother sent me in the direction of my father to work on understanding business. Admittedly, I find myself more comfortable with numbers and working behind the scenes to make events happen. Unfortunately, I still have issues with the business side in terms of talking to clients and the press.

My mother and father worked very hard to help me deal with the press. They first told me to "be myself", which worked as well as you imagined and lead to the disaster of my premiere. After that, they decided to give me pre-planned answers for common and expected questions the press would come up with. It worked well when the questions did come up. When they didn't, it was clear to everyone how flustered I was. Afterwards, it became clear that, at the moment, I was pretty much a lost cause in trying to do well in front of the media. They've made a strong effort to have me avoid the paparazzi and reporters to avoid the bad press and help me feel more comfortable. I do appreciate their efforts.

quote:

What's the worst story the press has written about you?

There have been many bad press stories. Owing to my unique way of coming into the world, my parents have elected to keep my past a secret to the press. Naturally, after my disastrous premiere, where I was described as "emotionless" and "like a zombie", people became highly curious about my past. In fact, it managed to generate a lot of attention for the Johanson Collection. "The Secret of Jupiter Johanson". Everyone wanted to know everything about me: who I was, where did I come from, how did I end up being the son of Julia and Jonathan Johanson? There were many theories that came out about me and none of them were particularly pleasant. I've been called a zombie, a clone, a cyborg and all sorts of crazy things by the press. Eventually, a story was released that I was adopted from an orphanage the next town over and that seemed to be the end of that press story.

That was until one reporter, Cassidy Millison, did an investigation into the story that my family released and found out that it was not true. You could say that the press went absolutely crazy about it and the mystery behind my exploded once again. It took my parents a lot of time, stress and money to try and fix the situation. It took a while, but my parents managed to succeed in discrediting Cassidy and create more cover stories about the entire fiasco. You could almost say my entire history is built upon layers of lies. My parents also chose Holbrook since it's relatively isolated from the rest of the country. Hopefully, my time in Holbrook will teach me how to lie better, for my father and mother.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

Heliotrope posted:

Alicia Lee, the Fae

quote:

Have you encountered any other Fae since you became one?

Of course, that's how I learned the names and how it really works. I thought I was having hallucinations at first, but I realized that it was real, and not long after that, I met my first fellow Fae. You can't always tell, but often just seeing another Fae is enough to tip you off. Even ordinary people can see it, the 'glamour' of a Fae, making them seem brighter, more vibrant, more attractive, than regular people. To a Fae, you can usually see echos of their Faerie spreading out around them and coloring the world, even without using Faerie sight. So there's your Fae spotters guide, look for the most vibrant and attractive people, they're probably Fae.

But you wanted to know about my encounters with others! The first Fae I met was Maddy Milliner, she a freshman at the city college back home. It was about halfway through my last year in middle school when we met. I was sitting in starbucks working on my homework - mainly just drinking coffee and texting because thats a lot more interesting than homework - when she walked in. I couldn't help staring a bit, she stood out so much - even if she hadn't been Fae, her appearance would have caught anyones eye - so I kept sneaking looks at her over my coffee, until I looked up and she caught me staring at her. College students were pretty unapproachable at my age - still are really - so I looked back down right away and as soon as she looked away and I slipped into Faerie to get out of there. I'd been in the coffee shops' Faerie before, but it was a bit different today, not changed, but different aspects had been drawn into clearer focus, and all the sensations were stronger and sharper, the effect of two Fae at once, I learned later. Sitting down to wait for long enough for her to leave, suddenly she was there two, walking over to me with a huge grin.

"Another one!" She sounded delighted, and she was. We ended up talking for hours - minutes in real life, time moves differently in Faerie, and it worked out in our favor this time - and she explained all about Faerie, basically the stuff I told you, but without all the extra trying to convey ideas, because we both could experience it properly ourselves. Afterwards, she introduced me to the other Fae she knew about, there were 3 others in town, two more at college and nice old lady who lived on the other side of town. And I met a fifth one she didn't know about later, a boy at school named Chester. I was the one who noticed him, just before the end of the school year, when I saw him entering Faerie during an end of school assembly -which are super boring- and followed him. Since he was more my age, we hung out a lot over the summer, but he's off to a different highschool, so I guess I won't see him until next summer. Shame, he was pretty cute, definitely had a thing for me, and his garage band was just starting to stop being lovely.

Maddy

Chester

quote:

Are there any circumstances in which you wouldn't punish someone for breaking a promise?

Oh, yeah, definitely! I mean, it'd be kind of hosed up to punish someone for a promise that they couldn't keep because of things totally outside of their control. Like... if there was a flood, and we had to evacuate the area, I'd never expect them to actually meet me at a coffee shop for a date, say. Or they were supposed to call me, and service was down. I'm not unreasonable! Or if they were supposed to meet me somewhere at a certain time, but end up getting together earlier, and don't go there at all, not a problem! Especially if they let me know ahead of time with an actual excuse - if they get caught on the other side of a bridge that broke down, I'm still going to be a bit upset if they don't call to let me know they can't make it, and I spend hours waiting around for them... They deserve it at that point, don't you think? Communication is a key part of any healthy relationship, and I don't just mean relationship relationships, but friendships, acquaintances, even just classmates. If you won't tell me the truth, you get whats coming to you, that's my opinion.

quote:

What's the best Faerie in Gutermuth? What's the worst Faerie?

The best one, hmm... Eventually, I'll make it my bedroom, even if a place has imprints of everyone that's been there before, a strong enough personality -like me- can override that with their own. It's not bad right now, but I'll make it into a comforting cottony ball of warmth and happiness before too long. It's important to have a place you can really relax in. For now, either the library or the small theater the Drama class uses for performances. All the stories in the library do a good job of outweighing the stress people feel studying that soaks into the atmosphere, and even though a lot of lowercase drama happens with Drama classes, the performances add a really lively and deep layer to its Faerie. The library is definitely more peaceful, Drama's can be a tad unsettling, but it's more interesting.

The worst Faerie is easy -at least that I've found- it isn't the bathrooms or locker rooms, like you might think, actually the locker rooms might be a close third, there's a lot of supressed attraction in there, which can make it a bit distracting, and definitely fun to visit (especially the guys, mmm), but the Principal's Office. There's probably some positive experiences that happen there, but ugh... I've never risked going into Faerie there, just being in it and being able to sense it was bad enough. The entire room oozes out stress and guilt, it even stains the Faerie of things nearby. Too many negative moments there.

quote:

Are you able to take things from Faerie and bring them back to the regular world? If so, what's something you've brought with you?

You can.... I'm not entirely sure it's a good idea too, but none of the other Fae I've met knew either, so I do it occasionally, if I find something especially unique, or pretty. Once on the bus home from school, I was sitting behind Jasper and Max, you know, that couple, the one that have been together for ages and are kind of sickly lovey-dovey, drives everyone crazy? Well, I wanted to know what that felt like, so I slipped into their Faerie. I'd say it was weird, but every Faerie is weird, so, bit pointless. The whole thing was very obviously two people's Faerie, different interests and colors and such, but they all swirled and blurred together, coiling around the other, and at the center was a pedestal, with a absolutely beautiful locket on it. It looked like two jewels, a sapphire and a ruby maybe, that had melted and fused together into the shape of a heart, glowly faintly with a pure light, and attached to a slim golden chain. I'd never seen anything quite like it, so I took it. That was the first thing I ever took, and I watched them carefully afterwards to make sure nothing bad happened as a result, and they seemed fine, even weeks later. So I kept it. I heard they broke up at the end of the summer, but you know, it's not like teenage relationships last forever!

I'm sure it doesn't have anything to do with me.

That'd be silly, right?

Anyway, I've taken a few other things, nothing quite as stunning as that. The Faerie of my bedroom back home had this incredibly comfortable pillow with my name embroider into it, so I took that to school with me. When I went back to that Faerie after I took it, there was another one there just like it. Later, after I got to school, I was in the Faerie of the forest next to Gutermuth, and the trees there were strange, science fiction or fantasy looking things, so I took the seed from one of them, and planted it in the woods in our world. It's started to sprout already, which was a bit fast, but otherwise seems pretty normal. I go back fairly often to see its progress, wouldn't it be interesting if it grew into one of the Faerie trees instead of a normal pine? ...I wonder what that'd mean?

Jasper and Max

quote:

Who doesn't appreciate you painting the truth?

A lot of the time the subjects of my paintings aren't happy at all, nearly every time. The ones who are happier about themselves, or just generally better people usually end up satisfied, but even they at first are a little edgy looking at a painting of who they are. Other people are a lot happier with it. Like mothers usually love pictures of their children, say. But more... or less generally really, here at Gutermuth, we have two teachers who do painting, Mr. Arlette and Ms. Harley White. At first they both seemed to like what I was doing, offering help and advice like teachers should, and then I did portraits of them both. They both had the usual reaction, but afterwards Mr. Arlette went back to normal, maybe being a bit more impressed, and Ms. White went all cold. She won't outright say it, but she clearly hates everything I come out with now, and keeps trying to push my art in different directions. I'm not sure why either, the truth of her I painted wasn't bad, she seemed pretty decent to me. But now its like seeing what I can do scares her or something.

Mr. Arlette

Ms. Harley White

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
As usual with MH games, there were a lot of good apps but I can't take them all. Here are the people who got in:

Gavin Krieger, the Sasquatch, played by Antivehicular

Alicia Lee, the Fae, played by Godfish

Rosabella Park, the Queen, played by Frgrbrgr

Cassidy Slade the Werewolf, played by Tardzilla

Kenji Yamasaki, the Infernal, played by someone awful

Use this thread and/or IRC to figure out your backgrounds and put them up. Once that's done, we'll do homeroom seating, highlights, and then I'll have the thread up as soon as possible.

For Frgrbrgr and Godfish: You have something to work out. Rosabella's app states that she likes to hang out in the West Wing, a section of the school devoted to art before a former headmaster declared art to be too "hippie," whereas Alicia is here on a art scholarship. Did it come back, was it taken down and then rebuilt elsewhere (Leaving an empty storage room behind), or something like that? Figure it out!

String sheet up here. There's also a section for strings on NPCs and a sheet for promises made to Alicia.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

Going with a new wing for Art, gotta keep up with the times! School is swimming in money anyway, so they left the old wing abandoned.

quote:

You wear your heart on your sleeve. Give everyone one String.

Putting my opinions on people not covered in other backgrounds here.

Cassidy is a scholarship girl like me, here on sports instead of art. I like her style, and her direct, to the point attitude. She's not the prettiest girl here - that goes to Rosabella, obviously - but she's hot, and there's something primal about her, which is undeniably attractive. She always gets a smile from me when I see her in the halls.

Gavin doesn't fit neatly into either category, but being a teacher's student, he's more a scholarship kid than a Richie Rich. He's a bit hard to notice though, despite being massive. Maybe he's trying to make himself unobtrusive because he's so big? He seems nice enough, but isn't really on my radar otherwise.

quote:

You’ve captured someone’s fancy. Gain 2 Strings on them.
Rosabella is the Queen Bee-tch of Gutermuth, one of those immensely stuck up and self assured of their own perfectness rich kids I talked about, and she's got a horde of flies buzzing around her just as vapid. Apparently hse's hear because her family lost a massive amount of money, heh. But anyway, she thinks I haven't noticed, but she's been watching me. Her eyes keep wandering over in my direction when we're in class together. I wonder, is she trying to scout out another victim, or is she watching for some other reason. Hmm. Her personality is objectionable, but she's got looks, and money...

quote:

You owe debts. Give away 3 Strings, divided any way you like between the dark power and the other characters.

Kenji is another case of someone buying their way in, but for one thing he actually seems smart enough to have made it on talent, and he isn't the usual mold. He's distant like the others, but I get the feeling that that's more because he's foreign, instead of just thinking he's better than everyone, so he has points over the rest of that crowd. Which is why I invited him to come along and look at the town with me on the last trip in, and I showed him some of the more interesting places to visit. Well, maybe a little bit because of how handsome he is. Mmm.

GodFish fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Oct 12, 2016

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009

• You find Cassidy threatening. Give them a String on you, and take two Strings on them.

She's on the football team. What a weirdo.

GodFish posted:

This could work for anyone, but I'm leaning towards Rosabella or Cassidy, thoughts?

A fae-mance? If you must...

And, always down to be owed something, Kenji.

And make fun of Gavin.

Totally up to yalls.

Frgrbrgr fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Nov 5, 2016

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Frgrbrgr posted:

Rosabella Park

• You find Cassidy threatening. Give them a String on you, and take two Strings on them.

That Gavin guy? He's... different. No, not like he's gay or autistic or anything like that. He's... he seems to be playing like on a different set of rules. He always has this scent about him, like he eats some weird food that nobody's ever heard of, or washes his clothes in a river. But everybody that I overhear talking about it writes it off as just being him. He's unassuming, almost invisible when he wants to be. And that scares me. Rather the enemy by my side than the one off plotting against me in some bushes. I'll have to keep a closer eye on him.

I'm cool with this, but did you intend it for Gavin or Cassidy? I mean, to be fair, it fits them both...

Anyway, I'm about to go to bed, but I have these backgrounds up for grabs:

quote:

You've been a wallflower all your life, but someone finally noticed you. Give them a String.

Someone makes fun of you. What do they say? They give you a Condition, and you gain 2 Strings on them.

Will think about this tomorrow!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

Backgrounds

quote:

You lack subtlety. Give a String to everyone.

Have you ever watched The Blob? What do you mean which version? Whatever, look, my point is, The Blob is about this uncaring, unfeeling goo that absorbs everything in it's path, and the more it absorbs, the bigger and more destructive it gets. That's what Rosabella is. All she does is "absorb" people into her little group, and I can tell, I can tell she can barely even give a crap about them, and I've seen the way she looks at Alicia. I made sure to tell her, in front of all her worker bees, that she better not even think about adding Alicia to her collection, or else she won't like what'll happen next. You never want to get on my bad side.

I saw Kenji get into a fight against those three bullies. Gotta admit, that poo poo takes balls, but I could tell he wasn't the most experienced at a fight, seeing as how he got roughed up pretty bad. I saw him again on my to the gym, and he was being surrounded by bunch of thugs, and they were out for blood. If you've been in as many fights as I have, you know when people are serious, and these guys? They were serious. I stepped in, and told them, "You know who I am. You know what I can do. Leave the gently caress now, or else," and they did. I told Kenji he better watch who he pisses off next time, cuz I won't always be there to step in.

Gavin is- he's weird. I hear people complain about his smell, but I can't smell anything from him. Nothing, like he's not even there. I've seen the way people act around him. Nobody talks to him, nobody notices him, it's almost like he's a ghost, and it was driving me crazy. How does this guy have nothing on him? I had to say something to him, even if it was just a "hey."

quote:

You’ve spent weeks watching Alicia from a distance. Their scent and mannerisms are unmistakable to you now. Take 2 Strings on them.

God, where do I start? I bumped into Alicia on my way to class, not even watching where I was going, and I was almost immediately bombard by this almost overwhelming smell. I've experienced lots of strong scents in my time here, but this one, this one was different. It was- gently caress, how do I even describe it? She smelled like the forest, but there was this really pleasant, dreamy air to it, and it was almost mesmerizing.

Ever since that moment, I- I can't stop looking at her. She has this spark in her that nobody else in the school has, and she's just so pretty. She smiles at me when she sees me in the halls, and that calms me down in a way nothing else does. I just, I just- gently caress! I'm not a loving stalker, okay? It's not like I follow her around everywhere, and peak at her changing her clothes like some perv!

I want to talk to her, I want to say anything to her, but I can't. I get nervous, worried. Hah! Imagine that! Big strong Cassidy, the gal who's known for running her mouth, can't talk to a single girl. Oh who am I kidding, she's too good for an animal like me.

Interested In

quote:

I think Cassidy might work for this. She'd definitely take notice of Gavin and approach him, but I'll leave it up to you!

Tardzilla fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Oct 12, 2016

• Locked thread