Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.
Cerise Cooper

Cerise approaches Allison and the cage. "What's up, Chains? How's it going in there?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!
Allison Chains

"I would give you an answer if I knew what was going on. As-is, however...Allow me to try to solve my own problem. Stand back, and try to catch whatever's going to hit either me or your brother."

It's time to summon Asura, and get him to shatter these bindings, or simply toss it off. Either way, he has no interest in staying in this cage when more poles could come in from within at any moment.

Krysmbot: Krysmphoenix, (5 4 3) +7 = 19

"Asura! Shatter this cage!"

With a roar and another zap around the head, Asura appears. Grasping a bar in each hand, it begins tugging in opposite directions. The bars begin to bend and part until a quite sizable gap in the bars has formed. Allison slips through the gap and takes another puff from his e-cig.

"Now then. I think it's safe to say this place is hostile. Be ready for another attack."

Unknown Quantity fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Oct 10, 2016

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

An offering hand forms out of the sea of money and reaches out for Robert. Suddenly it snaps towards him and snatches his wrist. Additional streams shoot out and wrap around his arm and start dragging him in.

He'll need to make a roll to get out but it's up to him what method he wants to use. Same for anyone who wants to intervene on his behalf.

Allison breaks out without any trouble. He did so without a moment to spare as the far section of the stage he is on starts to tilt and sink into the wealthy brine.

(Sorry for the delay I got distracted with a problem for the other team.)

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Cerise Cooper

"I always told you this was going to happen." Cerise nudges Danielle with her elbow with exaggerated camaraderie. "And he thought I wasn't being literal." She approaches one of the chains of money tethering Robert and, with a nonchalant flick on her phone screen, summons her Persona.

The ghastly robed figure appears again. It slowly reaches its cloth-covered hand out towards the bills and grabs on to them, holding them in place, until after a second it vanishes into thin air.

Platonibot OpposingFarce: 9 (2d6+6=2, 1)

The bills wither and darken where the figure touched them, showing obvious signs of decay, but the chain holds steady. Cerise flicks the decayed bills experimentally, making the whole line bounce slightly. "Awful resilient." She turns to Robert and shrugs. "If only the specter of global capitalism could be so easily destroyed, eh?"

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?
Danielle Durant

Really? She was making jokes right now? When her brother was at risk from these... limbs of money, which is a combination of words I hadn't expected to ever get a chance to use. So be it then. My finger idles over the app to summon my Persona, and then hesitates; I still had a few doubts about the whole situation, and after a brief second of indecision I rush over to Cooper Two's side instead. Seeing the parts where the bills had started to decay, I work at breaking them down further with what strength I had while glancing at Cooper Two and saying,

"Anything... you can do to help break yourself free?"

Generic help action to give a +1 to Shogeton's escape roll.

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

Robert Cooper

"Ugh, drat it, Cerise. Not the time!" Robert cursed, kicking at the money as he tried to get out of it, trying to fight the rising panic. he didn't quite want to know what the hell would happen if he got drawn in there. But he preferred not to find out. With his hand grabbed like that, going for his own smartphone wasn't really an option, so instead he just struggled backwards, punching at the wrist of the money arm. "gently caress you, money-arm. gently caress you and whatever corny little parable you're trying to pull here. Let... me... GO!"

Tenacity to escape: 2d6+5 11

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Robert barely breaks free from the grip. The whole world seems to rumble in response. The money slides up against the walls and the ceiling. It shoots out to an area deeper in the stage. It forms in the figure of a woman, with chain link streams keeping it connected to the walls at the wrists and ankles. It jerks towards all of you an awkward gait. Past the edge of the stage poles shoot up from the floor and form a wall. Two seething eyes peer out from the darkness. A booming voice roars with such force , "What do I pay ya for? Show them a good time! Heh heh heh."

https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1TrUs7I56ctmh8dkHhSyfqGQ_CP9y9SXGhEwIbLFVrOo/edit?usp=sharing
Here is the battle map. First action will be first come. Then who acts is supposed to announce who gets the next turn. This includes the ids and whims (minions), of which there is one of each in this fight.

So it doesn't get clogged up with defense rolls assume enemy defense is 11.

SHY NUDIST GRRL fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Oct 13, 2016

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Cerise looks up at the awkward, shambling creature before her and frowns. "Oh dear, oh dear." She turns around and looks into the pair of eyes looming in the darkness. She pats Robert on the back and says, "okay, well, you've got things here, right?" Without waiting for a response, she dashes back, away from Robert and Danielle, towards the being in the back. As she bolts forward, something compels her to whip around, back towards the chained woman. A pistol appears in her left hand, and without thinking about it or really even registering it's there, she twirls it around her finger, raises it towards the whim, and fires.

Major Action: Dash Strike

Platonibot OpposingFarce: 13 (2d6+9=1, 3)
Platonibot OpposingFarce: 6 (1d6=6)

The bullet pierces the creature's chest, leaving a hole where its heart would be. Cerise stops for a second to look at the gun in her hand, unsure what exactly she's done, but she takes it in stride. This is coming naturally to her. "Well, then." She watches the whim stumble backwards from the blow, then looks at her companions and shrugs. "Guess I brought a present. Hopefully that'll keep her occupied while I have a word with the management." The Red Death appears behind her, its robes shifting and growing, reaching out for her. "Ta-ta!" The cloth swallows her and she vanishes along with her Persona, only for both to reappear behind the wall of poles, next to the being that resides there.

Minor Action: Bypass

[I'm giving the next move to Danielle.]

quote:

Resolve: 18/18
Overcharge: Heart 1

Opposing Farce fucked around with this message at 07:09 on Oct 13, 2016

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

My body freezes as I watch the creature form before me, and I can feel myself begin to tense up. Any hesitation I had, however, was driven away by adrenaline as Cooper One fires a shot towards...whatever it was at the far end of the room. Just where had that gun come from? Had she been keeping it on her this whole time? Then, as if in answer to my question, my hand starts to twitch. In it suddenly appeared a double-edged blade that felt strangely comfortable in my grasp. Beside me, Ma'at manifests before I even realized I summoned her, and as she focuses in on the woman made of money, the scale in her left hand slowly begins to descend.

Minor Action: Weight of Sin (Hex) on Money Lady.

Still moving on nothing more than pure instinct at this point, I level my sword towards the woman, and Ma'at in turn raises the scepter in her other hand. As she does, chains shoot out from behind her, curving around both me and Cooper Two, latching onto and further binding the woman made of money to the wall. Somehow managing to be both surprised and not surprised that it worked, I call out to Cooper Two without turning my gaze away from the creature.

"Now would be a good time to strike while it cannot move."

Major Action: Citizen's Arrest (Hamstring), Money Lady is Bound

<Platonibot> TheFireMagi: 18 [attack roll] (2d6+9=4, 5)
<Platonibot> TheFireMagi: 1 [damage] (1d6=1)

Passing the buck to Robert now.

quote:

Overcharge: Magic (1)
Hexes: x1 Money Lady

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

He fell down, eyes wide, as the money turns into a large creature. But as it became clear they had found what they'd be looking for, he slowly, calmly got up to his feet, a determined look on his face. "So, you must be one of these Ids then, hm? Nothing personal then, whatever you are." He felt somethign heavy in his hand, and without thinking moved it, There was a slight rinkling of metal and a crack as the whip he was suddenly holding cracked on the ground. "But you... have something we need." He looked at the the master of the creature in the back, behind the poles keeping it away, and the creature it seemed to command. Beyond the bravado, he felt his heart race though. But never show weakness, never let them see you sweat, never be the first to falter.

Speaking of showign weakness, the money golem seemed to be weakened by Danielle. Taking advantadge of that seemed like the right idea. Glaring at it, Scrooge appears behind me, glaring with contempt at the trapped money golem. In his hand he holds a ledger, where he notes writes something in red ink with a quill, then extends a hand towards the money lady, and makes a grasping gesture.

Minor Action: Damnable Usury (Hex) on [b]Money Lady

he looked at the chained up creature. "Well, this is all already very unusual." he raised the whip, feeling the power rush through him. It felt.... wonderful He revelled into it, letting the power flow through him. "Might as well be cruel!" And with that, he delivered a serious of rapid whiplashes, the bound Money girl jerking around as money bills were sliced as if she were struck by them. Behind Robert, Scrooge wrote another thing in his ledger.

Free action: Taking on Debt (Boost) on my attack.
Major Action: Ranged Attack with boost. (with Magic stat)
<Shoge-work> !r 3d6+8
<Krysmbot> Shoge-work, 10+8 = 18
<Shoge-work> !r 1d6+2
<Krysmbot> Shoge-work, 5+2 = 7
Giving the turn to Allison Chains

quote:

Overcharge: Magic (1)
Hexes: x1 Money Lady

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

The money figure explodes in a cloud of bills

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!
Allison Chains

Allison sees that the money monster malady has passed, and moves his eyes towards the same target as Cerise. Unfortunately for him, however, there is a wall of supernatural force standing between him and his prey. Readying the app again, he taps the card.

"Asura, tear down this wall!"

Moving Allison to the same zone as the Barrier and attacking it in melee.

Platonibot: UnknownQuantity: 17 (2d6+7=5, 5)
Platonibot: UnknownQuantity: 8 (1d6+2=6)

Asura again appears, this time several yards away as it sprints over to the wall and delivers a Gigantic Fist right into the center of it.

"Righty-o. Cooper 1, are you finished padding your pockets? There are bigger fish to fry here."

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

"Hey hey! No napping on the job! You already had your break!" The world rumbles and the money woman reforms.

"And you, toots! Employees only back here!" A giant lit cigar comes out of the darkness at Cerise. Defend against a 12

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

"Hey hey! No napping on the job! You already had your break!" The world rumbles and the money woman reforms.

"And you, toots! Employees only back here!" A giant lit cigar comes out of the darkness at Cerise. Defend against a 12

Platonibot OpposingFarce: 13 (2d6+6=3, 4)

Cerise darts to the side with supernatural speed, dodging the cigar and coming to rest with one foot hooked behind the other and her arm held out to the side as though she were wielding a bullfighter's cape. "ˇOlé!" she says, taking a bow.

Opposing Farce fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Oct 14, 2016

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

The Round is over. Id passes next action to the whim.

She is lurched closer to Robert and Danielle by the tethers from the walls. A pole of money shoots out from the ceiling and she flourishes around it. Money shoots out in a distracting cloud. Both take -1 to rolls this round.

Pass to Robert.

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

Robert Cooper

Robert had grinned with satisfaction at seeing the creature explode in a rain of cash, hoping to perhaps get one of the rewards, when all of a sudden, not only did he not get a reward, but the thing just got revived, came him, and sent both law students in a cloud of raining cash. He'd look over his shoulder, and Allison Chains got a glare. "We can't all be fighting inanimate objects that don't fight back!" He wasn't about to show his back to the creature. "Alright, grabbyhands. Enough money trouble! You wanna get up close? You're gonna regret it!"

Using Major Action for Attack Money Girl
<Shogeton> !roll 2d6+8
<Krysmbot> Shogeton, 6+8 = 14 (-1=13)
<Shogeton> !r 1d6+2
<Krysmbot> Shogeton, 1+2 = 3

Again, he lashed out with the whip, this time, there was no magical effect to strike from a distance, the chain whip just ripping through the dollar bills again and again. Perhaps it was the irritation at Chains' remark, and the refusal of his foe to remain down, but he couldn't channel the power the same way as last time. He pointed at it, and once again, Scrooge appeared, looking as irritated and displeased as Robert himself did as once again, he wrote in that ledge of his, and made a grasping gesture.

Minor Action: Damnable Usury (Hex) on]Money Lady

"Get down! Stay down! You don't have what I want!"

Pass to Danielle

Shogeton fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Oct 14, 2016

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

Danielle Durant

Of course it couldn't have been that easy, I thought as I watch the woman reform before my eyes. Cooper Two tears at it with his whip, and before it can recover from his assault I rush towards it with my newfound blade. I had never in my life held a sword before, yet it felt utterly natural as I thrust deep into the creature's chest, leaving a very sizable wound. Satisfied with myself despite the situation, the corners of my mouth curve upward in a smirk.

Major Action: Melee Attack + Boost

<Platonibot> TheFireMagi: 20 (3d6+8=1, 6, 5)
<TheFireMagi> oh
<TheFireMagi> .roll d6
<Platonibot> TheFireMagi: 2 (d6=2)
<TheFireMagi> .roll d6+6
<Platonibot> TheFireMagi: 12 (d6+6=6)
Total: 22 Attack Roll, 12 Damage, Two Overcharge

Pulling the blade out, I wince as I feel a sudden surge of...energy? course through my body. It wasn't painful, so much as startling, yet I couldn't help but fret that something had happened to me. Shaking off my doubts for the moment, I turn to Chains and Cooper One as I cry out,

"Focus on the one back there! I don't think this one will stay down long enough for it to matter!"

Minor Action: If Money Lady is still alive, then I'll Weight of Sin (Hex) her, otherwise I'm moving to Area 3.

Pass to Cerise.

quote:

Overcharge: Magic (3)
Hexes: x1 Money Lady (maybe)

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Cerise Cooper

"Oh, I'm not worried, Duran Duran. You folks are doin' just fine." Cerise looks up at the id and tips her hat to it. "Anyway, let's you and me make this quick. The rabble is practically breaking down your door!" She nonchalantly whips out her phone, and with another swipe on the screen, The Red Death appears behind her, larger than before, its ghostlike form more ominous and nauseating than ever. It stares the Id down, at least as much as a faceless monster can stare, and Cerise grins. "Bleed."

Minor Action: Hex

The Red Death grows larger still, steps forward with its strange, relentless gait, and consumes the Id, wrapping its cloths around the creature, squeezing it tighter and tighter until the Red Death itself seems to be absorbed into the Id, vanishing from sight but leaving the creature pocked with bleeding sores. With the Persona vanished, Cerise slips her phone back inside her pocket, then materializes a second pistol in her right hand with a twirl.

Free Action: Boost

She leaps at the Id, kicks off of its body to get more height, and scales the monster with a quick series of hops until she reaches its head, passing directly by one of its fresh sores. "You should really get that looked at," she says, holding her pistols out in front of her, and she fires a barrage of shots directly into the Id's oversized head.

Major Action: Melee Attack

Platonibot OpposingFarce: 20 (3d6+9=3, 5, 3)
Platonibot OpposingFarce: 7 (1d6+4=3)

Cerise lands on the ground and spins her guns around her index fingers until the one in her right hand disappears.

quote:

Overcharge: Heart 1
Fury 1

Passing it to Allison.

Opposing Farce fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Oct 14, 2016

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!
Allison Chains

Asura continues his assault on the barrier as Allison enters a relaxed state.

Using Empower to gain the Calm status effect in preparation for when the Barrier will break.

ATTACK THE BARRIER: 2d6o6+7! 11
Damage!: 1d6+2 4

Not that it'll happen anytime soon...

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

The barrier is destroyed

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!
If that's the case, then I'll take my minor to move into the same zone as Cerise and the Id, if that's alright, and end my turn. Pass to the Money monster? Or the Id, if money monster isn't alive.

Unknown Quantity fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Oct 15, 2016

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

"Get out! Security!" The money forms into a more burly looking figure.

"I said get out!" A huge wave of money crashes forth. Already knee deep in the cash, Allison and Cerise have a more difficult time getting out of the way (defend against a 15). It is large enough to threaten those on the stage as well (defend against a 12)

SHY NUDIST GRRL fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Oct 15, 2016

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

Danielle Durant
Drowning in money: not a cause of death I've ever heard of before, and not one I intended to die by today.

"Ma'at!"

With that simple cry, a wall of chains forms in front of me, and though it buckles from the impact of the cash, it holds fast.

<TheFireMagi> .roll 2d6+6
<Platonibot> TheFireMagi: 14 (2d6+6=3, 5)

quote:

Overcharge: Magic (3)

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!
Allison Chains
(1 Love Overcharge, 2 Fury Overcharge)

Allison just smirks and begins mimicking Asura's movements as the money flows forth.

UnknownQuantity: 25 (3d6+9=6 (5), 3, 2)
I also deal 2 damage thanks to Aura of Strength

The two begin rapidly punching and tossing-aside the flow of bills with enough precision to keep even the smallest of bills from touching his upper torso. Needless to say, overcoming this wave is easy for them. Some of the force even flies back to the Id.

Unknown Quantity fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Oct 15, 2016

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Cerise Cooper

As the wave of money crashes towards Cerise, she doesn't make a move to dodge or defend. She just watches, grinning, as the wave of money rolls forward, looming over her, about to bowl her over with its force.

12:30 OpposingFarce UnknownQuantity i'm gonna roll the dice and see what happens
12:30 OpposingFarce .roll 2d6+6
12:30 Platonibot OpposingFarce: 15 (2d6+6=6, 3)
12:30 OpposingFarce & an explosion!
12:30 OpposingFarce .roll 1d6
12:30 Platonibot OpposingFarce: 6 (1d6=6)
12:30 OpposingFarce hahahaha
12:30 OpposingFarce .roll 1d6
12:30 Platonibot OpposingFarce: 3 (1d6=3)
12:31 UnknownQuantity oh boy
12:31 UnknownQuantity you get a 24

At the last possible second, the Red Death appears behind Cerise, swallowing her whole and vanishing into thin air. The cash wave rolls over the stage, slamming against the ground, rolling and roiling and threatening to drown anybody caught inside. Slowly, though, the wave subsides, and the instant it dies down enough to no longer be a threat, the Red Death reappears, releasing Cerise from its cloak in the exact position she stood before. She adjust her hat and casually dusts off her shirt, entirely for show as there isn't a single scratch on her. "You all enjoying the beach?"

quote:

Overcharge: Magic 2
Heart 1
Fury 1

Opposing Farce fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Oct 15, 2016

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

Robert Cooper

As the flood of money races towards him, Robert holding the smartphone in his free hand presses the button again, and Scrooge appeared, opening that ledger, the money just vanishing into the book. Once the flood stopped, Scrooge looked at the book again, noted something, and sniffed derively, reaching out with a hand as if to gesture for more money.

<Shogeton> .roll 2d6+7
<Platonibot> Shogeton: 13 (2d6+7=4, 2)

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Pass to Danielle

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

Danielle Durant

Minor Action: Move into Zone 4.

The wall of chains around me unravel but don't dissipate, rattling as they're dragged behind me, and I begin to close in on the figure in the darkness. There's something wrong with my body, I thought. I can feel it. But rather than scared, or frightened, or even worried... it felt right. My eyes glare upwards, and with far more confidence than I should have been feeling in this absurd, ridiculous, fantastical situation, I let out,

"Ma'at. Make her pay."

Major Action: Ranged Attack + Quid Pro Quo (Boost) + Balance the Scales (All or Nothing, 8 Damage)

<TheFireMagi> .roll 3d6+9
<Platonibot> TheFireMagi: 19 (3d6+9=6, 3, 1)
<TheFireMagi> .roll 1d6
<Platonibot> TheFireMagi: 5 (1d6=5)
<Platonibot> TheFireMagi: 13 (d6+10=3)
<TheFireMagi> oh wait
<TheFireMagi> that should be +12
<TheFireMagi> so 15 damage
Total: 24 Attack Roll, 15 Damage, 2 Overcharge (Magic)

At my words, the chains wrap and bind around any surface of the figure they can find, squeezing and crushing tight with unnatural power. But it wasn't enough. This creature, this monster, was dangerous. It needed to be put down. Whatever the cost. As that thought slipped through my mind, I could sense Ma'at shifting behind me, as if she was... pleased, odd as that was to say. Both sides of her scale start to waver, weighed down by an unseen force, before evening out. And with that, a sudden pain shoots throughout my body that makes me fall to one knee... and the monster as well, the chains finding a second wind of strength. Clenching my teeth, I manage to gasp out,

"Now's... the time to strike."

Passing to Cerise.

quote:

Resolve: 10/18
Overcharge: Magic (5)

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Cerise Cooper

Cerise summons the Red Death and it bursts from her head, massive again this time. No longer in the mood for pageantry, it instantly leaps away from Cerise and onto the Id's shadowy form, sinking into the creature's skin and leaving a fresh set of ugly, weeping sores.

Minor Action: Hex

Cerise spins around, rematerializing her right-hand pistol.

Free Action: Boost

She unloads into the Id with both guns.

Major Action: Melee Attack

14:03 OpposingFarce .roll 3d6+9
14:03 Platonibot OpposingFarce: 26 (3d6+9=5, 6, 6)
14:03 OpposingFarce .roll 2d6
14:03 Platonibot OpposingFarce: 9 (2d6=5, 4)
14:04 OpposingFarce .roll 1d6+8
14:04 Platonibot OpposingFarce: 11 (1d6+8=3)

The Id also takes one damage from my previous Hex.

Cerise twirls the right-hand pistol and it disappears again. "All right, all right, I think we get the point. Hurry up and die, will you?"

quote:

Overcharge: Magic 2
Heart 1
Fury 4

(I suspect it might already be dead before this turn, but I have to head out so I wanted to make sure I could get a turn in just in case it's not. If it somehow isn't dead now, though, I'll pass the turn to Allison.)

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!
Allison Chains
(2 Heart Overcharge, 2 Fury Overcharge)

Not wanting to be left out, Allison proceeds to leap up and have himself and Asura deliver a flying punch, assuming it will finish the pitiful creature off.

Platonibot UnknownQuantity: punch the Id.: 17 (3d6+7=3, 3, 4)
Platonibot UnknownQuantity: MELEE DAMAGE: 8 (1d6+2=6)

"Let that be a lesson to you, whatever you are. We are a force to be reckoned with, when we work together."

Pass to Robert.

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

Robert Cooper

The money creature stays down this time, and Robert briefly gives a last look to make sure there is none of these... things laying on the ground, before running over to join the others among the ruins of the poles, the whip like a curling tail behind him as he made his way over the tacky stage. "Not that you will be in any position to do anything with your lesson, he looks into the shadowy being's eyes, his whip ready in case it tried anything again.

Use both action to move from 2 to 4, give the action to the Id if it's still up

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

With the final blow the entire world shatters like glass. The nightmare breaks away and you find yourselves in a dreary violet room. In the center is a single seed of possibility floating in the center. The room has the same dimensions as the Wendy's you were in and the same large windows, revealing a bleak cityscape outside. Black building against a violet sky, the architecture is bizarre and there is strange growths infesting a number of them. Out of all of them the tower stands out, it seems to stretch on forever. You can't see the top of the tower even in the cloudless sky.

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Cerise Cooper

"Old Man Wendy's really going all out with this new style. I bet the preps are gonna hate it, though."

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

Danielle Durant

Catching my breath now that the conflict was over, I soak in our new environment, confused as to where we were. As I had come to expect, Cooper One lets out a quip almost immediately, and I can't help but shake my head again.

"Jokes aside, I find it worrying that we've been seemingly transported again. If there's another one of those ids here..."

I experimentally flex my fingers, and after a quick once over find myself to be in okay condition, if somewhat winded. My eyes focus in on the center of room, where our reward for survival floats. Singular reward. Of course. I let out a sigh, before pointing to the seed and saying,

"...and what are we going to do about this?"

quote:

Resolve: 10/18
Overcharge: Magic (5)

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

Robert Cooper

Robert looks around at the violet room, briefly looking around for any traces of the money, but his attention quickly goes to the Seed, a grin on his features. "Hahah, time between accepting the task and gaining our first one measured in minutes... now that's how we make progress!" He rubbed his hands, feeling a rush of excitement going through him. This was definitely not too hard. His sister's remark drew him to look at the rest of the city. Rather than upset him, he seemed excited.

"Look at all the places where the buildings seem affected. I'd bet money that those are the areas where other ids are gathering! Plenty of targets to hit." He tried to situate some of them, getting an idea in what direction he might search. It wasn't like he could exactly find them by the looks, considering the weirdness of the situation. And it didn't look like they'd had much trouble dealing with them.

Then Danielle put forth the question of what to do with the Seed. Robert walked up to it. "We should keep it safe. If other people hunting find out we have it, they'll be coming after us pretty hard. Doesn't matter who keeps it right now I suppose. As long as we divide them over all of us." He eagerly reached out for it. He wondered how it would feel in his hand. One-thirteenth of a wish.

Giving people a chance to interrupt if they want.

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!
Allison Chains

Allison proceeds to grip Robert's wrist. Firmly.

"If I'm not mistaken, I'm the one who first entered this place, and you the first to fall for the allure of the Id's money. I'd say that disqualifies you from the first prize. If anything, though, ladies first on this one. Decide on it amongst yourselves, Madame Cooper and Madame Durant."

He proceeds to drag Robert away from the first seed and observes the rest of the cityscape. The entire town's full of corruption, and he'll have to cleanse all of it if he's going to have any hope of finding his sister's assailant.

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

Robert Cooper

"I'm the one who found it first, then shared the information with the rest." Robert said, trying to hold position, but ending being violently dragged along "You were the one who charged in blindly without consulting the others, Mr. Chains." he said sharply. "And there's no prizes to be had. We're all sticking together until we get the full 52 deck on this, don't we? All working together, if I remember your little line. If not this one, I will hold one of the next three. We'd share equally among the four of us, Mr Chains. That was the agreement. If you're going to go back on your word there, could you say that now?"

"And Mr. Chains. I'm not a dog you get to drag along. I suggest you use your family's amount of money if you want some obedient little toads to follow you! We are equal partners in this, or we are not partners at all, do you understand?"

Shogeton fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Oct 16, 2016

Unknown Quantity
Sep 2, 2011

!
Steven? Steven?!
STEEEEEEVEEEEEEEN!
Allison Chains

The gentleman jock retains his iron grip on Robert, clamping down the slightest bit harder to make his point.

"This is the first of fifty-two. Are you really so blinded by greed and unwarranted hostility towards me that you'd think I'd not devised a means to fairly distribute these among us? Of course you're getting one of the next three. Whomever picks up this one will not be picking up the fifth or ninth, either: that, too, will be rotated and everyone given an equal amount of time with one more than the others."

He takes another drag and, rather than blow the smoke in your face, turns his head to avoid doing so.

"Furthermore, I take offense to your accusations. You did not even perform the simple courtesy of asking if anyone else was willing to hold it. How can we trust you if you open hostilities at the first hurdle that comes your way? A true gentleman thinks the consequences of his actions through before performing them and does not care for their immediate gain. If your aim is to drag the names of everyone who disagrees with you through the mud, I dare say you have a bright future as a local politician. Now, I'm going to let go of your hand on the count of three. If you truly are a man of your word, we will drop this nonsense and allow the ladies to decide first pick the moment your wrist is freed. Understood? Now, one, two...three."

He releases his grip on Robert. The immediate pain of the grip will subside in a few minutes, and the bruising overnight.

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

Robert Cooper

Robert did not go for the objec, inspecting his arm. "A true gentleman does apparently assault others, rather than saying something. Did you consider speaking out? Did you consider asking me, before you drag me off? Because take it from a Law Student, Mr. Allison, men have appeared before a judge for less. And you speak to me of opening hostilities and not thinking of attitude? If you're willing to get violent to me over the trivial matter of who holds this Seed first, what reason do I have to trust you when our mettle will be really tested? You do not even show me enough respect to use my name. And for the record. She is the eldest." He points to Ceerise. "So I would be 'Cooper Two' if you truly feel that using our names would befoul your precious gentleman's lips."

"Let me speak plainly, Gentleman Allison Chains. You so casually commit violence on me again, I will leave the choice to others what they do. But I will not trust you, and I will not work with you any more. Am I absolutely crystal clear?"

Shogeton fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Oct 16, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Cerise Cooper

Cerise gets between Allison and her brother. "All right, kiddos, playtime's over." She pats Allison on the shoulder. "I know it's the hardest part and all, but why don't we let it go, hm? Save the bickering for when there's enough on the line you don't have to pretend it doesn't matter." Without waiting for the boys to respond, Cerise looks over her shoulder at Danielle. "You can have first go, Dani California. I'm in no hurry."

Opposing Farce fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Oct 16, 2016

• Locked thread