Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Here's an interesting situation - if Europe defeats Canada at the World Cup of Hockey Game 2, Memphis/Ole Miss will have to move to the SEC Network's alternate feed. Europe currently leads Canada, 1-0. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PReim0Axt4

Right now you can watch a Texas school whoop on a basketball school, or the same thing on a different channel.

College GameDay originates this week from Clemson, South Carolina. ALL TIMES EASTERN:

Thursday
Connecticut @ #6 Houston - 8PM (ESPN)
Kansas @ Texas Tech - 8:30PM (FS1)

Friday
#7 Stanford @ #10 Washington - 9PM (ESPN)
Toledo @ BYU - 10:15PM (ESPN2)

Saturday Top 25
#13 Baylor @ Iowa State - Noon (FS1)
#23 Florida @ Vanderbilt - Noon (SEC Network)
Alcorn State @ #20 Arkansas - Noon (SEC Network)
#22 Texas @ Oklahoma State - Noon (ABC)
Rutgers @ #2 Ohio State - Noon (BTN)
#14 Miami (FL) @ Georgia Tech - Noon (ESPN2)
#11 Tennessee @ #25 Georgia - 3:30PM (CBS)
North Carolina @ #12 Florida State - 3:30PM (ESPN)
#8 Wisconsin @ #4 Michigan - 3:30PM (ABC)
Illinois @ #15 Nebraska - 3:30PM (ESPN2)
#9 Texas A&M @ South Carolina - 4PM (SEC Network)
Oklahoma @ #21 TCU - 5PM (Fox)
#18 Utah @ California - 6PM (Pac-12 Network)
Memphis @ #16 Ole Miss - 7PM (ESPN2)
Kentucky @ #1 Alabama - 7PM (ESPN)
#19 San Diego State @ South Alabama - 8PM (ESPNews)
#3 Louisville @ #5 Clemson - 8PM (ABC)
#17 Michigan State @ Indiana - 8PM (BTN)
Utah State @ #24 Boise State - 10:15PM (ESPN2)

Edward Mass fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Sep 30, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
KU needs acceptable QB play in the worst way.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
You guys scored a TD at least.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

:unsmith:

Though I was looking away when they did it.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Did ESPN scores mess up, or did Tech's TD get overturned?

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Strobe posted:

Did ESPN scores mess up, or did Tech's TD get overturned?

It got overturned, bounced on the ground before getting caught, but just barely.

E: Ah, there we go.

Probably Magic fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Sep 30, 2016

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.
Get loving wrecked UConn

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
phwoarrrrr that catch

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

UConn scored 14, defense is letting me down

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
KU just sacked Mahomes for a 21 yard loss because he kept barely escaping one guy and stumbling backwards out of contact.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I can't claim to be watching this game but Kansas is sort of half hanging with Texas Tech. And KU with a ridiculous sack just now.

Kingsbury to the hot seat imo.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Grittybeard posted:

I can't claim to be watching this game but Kansas is sort of half hanging with Texas Tech. And KU with a ridiculous sack just now.

They just scored and then forced a three and out, then received the punt Tech's 38. They've got all the momentum.

Which is a weird concept to apply to KU, to be sure.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
2nd and Goal at the 24: Kansas Football.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Yoshifan823 posted:

2nd and Goal at the 24: Kansas Football.

I remember Houston punting from their own side of the field on 4th and goal one time during the dark days.

:psyduck:

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Please do not be dead Pat Mahomes.

Abyss
Oct 29, 2011

Yoshifan823 posted:

Please do not be dead Pat Mahomes.

Radio is saying something about his shoulder being an issue, couldn't make a practice throw. I hope it's just a stinger or something temporary as our backup QB really can't get us through the rest of Big 12 play.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Abyss posted:

Radio is saying something about his shoulder being an issue, couldn't make a practice throw. I hope it's just a stinger or something temporary as our backup QB really can't get us through the rest of Big 12 play.

Mahomes was hurt some last year, was it a similar deal?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Abyss posted:

Yeah they just showed a replay of that on tv, he just shook his head and started walking to the locker room.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Wasn't there a UGA game a couple years ago where they were something like 2nd and 52 because they just couldn't stop getting penalties

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Grittybeard posted:

This, uh, did not last. But still, since it happened for a brief moment I stand by this

quote:

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Oh poo poo Nic Shimonek wound up at TTU? He needs to throw a td to Derrick Willies to complete the Iowa castoff double play.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
The female Cougars mascot gave a Twist of Fate to a fake Huskies mascot, apparently.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

CaptainYesterday posted:

The female Cougars mascot gave a Twist of Fate to a fake Huskies mascot, apparently.

Owns

Normally my interest in watching my alma mater completely dismantle an overmatched UConn team wouldn't be that high, but after last year, gently caress UConn I'm glad they destroyed them

Ed Oliver is a loving grown rear end man

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
go coogs bitch

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Intruder posted:

Ed Oliver is a loving grown rear end man

Is too late to line him up opposite Jadeveon Clowney?

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Pakled posted:

Wasn't there a UGA game a couple years ago where they were something like 2nd and 52 because they just couldn't stop getting penalties

Yeah it was something like that, and it was a glorious poo poo show

Numlock
May 19, 2007

The simplest seppo on the forums
Mahomes probably just got banged up a bit, and wisely bowed out so he wouldn't get further injured (it was just Kansas anyway). I doubt they would have had him doing practice throws if it was anything that would keep him out of a game.

Grittybeard posted:

Kansas is bad yes but they regularly give teams a run for their money... at least in the first half.

Kingsbury is giving Tech exactly what we wanted from him, he made some bad hires on the defensive side of the ball and hopefully Gibbs and his guys are the solution. Sadly I expect it will take at least another year for our defense to get up to a "passable for the Big XII" level.

Numlock fucked around with this message at 13:57 on Sep 30, 2016

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

we are going to lose to eastern loving michigan and everything is piss

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

:drat:

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Go Tigers, gently caress papa johns

Have a voice mail Spurrier left Dabo after both teams lost their opening games a few years ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pST7RBkMCuw

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Scarf posted:

Go Tigers, gently caress papa johns

Have a voice mail Spurrier left Dabo after both teams lost their opening games a few years ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pST7RBkMCuw

If anyone here isn't on board the "Spurrier is the best thing in College Football" train you best hop on board now.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO
So is UDub gonna win?

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

I need to find my wife that outfit

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

hi pretty lady who is half* my age :corsair:

e: *less than half :(

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Just a reminder that good things happen when Gameday is at Clemson

Scarf fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Sep 30, 2016

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

MourningView posted:

Oh poo poo Nic Shimonek wound up at TTU? He needs to throw a td to Derrick Willies to complete the Iowa castoff double play.

The two are not unrelated. (In other words, Shimonek showing up at Tech gave Tech a leg up when trying to cox Willies here)

Abyss posted:

Nic looked pretty drat good last night. I know, it's Kansas, but in a way, I think Kliff might like calling plays for him more than for Pat because he's less likely to freelance.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I hope sloppy body makes a return

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

kayakyakr posted:

The two are not unrelated. (In other words, Shimonek showing up at Tech gave Tech a leg up when trying to cox Willies here)

Nic looked pretty drat good last night. I know, it's Kansas, but in a way, I think Kliff might like calling plays for him more than for Pat because he's less likely to freelance.

My recollection of him is that he had an absolute cannon of an arm but needed work on accuracy and mental stuff. He couldn't ask for a better QB coach to work with though, I'm sure he'll wind up throwing for 5,000 yards in a year or two. Iowa doesn't need him this year since we have Beathard and seems really high on Nathan Stanley as the QB of the future (first true freshman to get snaps at QB for us since Drew Tate, who worked out pretty well) so hopefully it's like the Rudock deal and it winds up working out in the best interest of everyone.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Just saw the thread title and had to laugh. As much as I want to watch Louisville/Clemson, I won tickets to a hockey game six rows up from center ice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

I would really like to see Washington win this just because

• Locked thread