Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
AA is still an abstracted dice roll I believe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
What's the map name so us owners can start surveying?

I was going to link the manual but it's an attachment on their forums requiring you to be logged in.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
I motion to use our patent pending Human Wave tactic.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Hubis posted:

here's a fairly high-res version of the area if anyone wants it to draw on:

Okay.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
HQ's are mounted in the first BTR, right? There was some quick battle I was playing where the vehicles didn't have any extra room and so HQ had to loving walk.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

professor_curly posted:

I highly advise Coy Commanders take a strong hand here in the beginning at least - we need to be in good columns and get our Pause orders/move out orders right or else this will turn into a 1st class shitshow, like one of those Russian dashcam videos.

To expand upon this:

If you put your BTRs in a column and give them all orders to move out you NEED to give all vehicles but the lead incremental pause orders or the AI will gently caress up the pathing and cause them to go in all sorts of loving directions and get stuck for at least a minute.

So this:

Lead - move
Second - pause :05, move
Third - pause :10, move
Fourth - pause :15, move

Another reason this great game is a flaming piece of poo poo.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
You didn't cut this down, did you? I opened it up and the page for the download mentioned it was a master map similar to Market Garden in which the whole thing wasn't intended to be played at once.

itrunssofuckingbad and I have no units on map yet.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Deploy as located in order of 3/1, 3/2, 3/3. HQ should be in the trailing vehicle with 3rd Squad.

Initial orders should be to move Quick down the main road 'til north of Viridian City, at which point they should move south into the city before going between the houses to go into the field. Squads should dismount and take up positions in front of the BTRs Facing as indicated. This way if some random long shot ATGM or tank shell should hit the BTRs the infantry should be relatively safe.

You'll have to use your best judgement for pathing as far as how many or how few waypoints get added. Same with the pause orders. You're driving, not me, so I can't push either pedal down.

e: Station the Iglas behind houses near the last bend in the path. I want to keep them absolutely covered from any possible attacks since they're valuable.

Dark_Swordmaster fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Oct 5, 2016

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Jaguars! posted:

Somewhere in the last page Phi allocated you a couple of Iglas from battalion. Enjoy!

e: here

ohoops

I'll update tomorrow then.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
It's not getting stuck, it's impromptu entrenchment! :mil101:

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Should we all have provisional orders not to drive into any barrages just so we can't fall victim to a literalist controller?

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Oh, so we're the assholes making this a pain in the rear end to play... :ussr:

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Updated my orders to reflect the iglas. Keeping them behind houses so they're relatively safe.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
If we follow the updated order of movement on the previous page we should swap where we deploy so we don't have to worry about going around, just going.

I'm sure you were already thinking of this but to state the obvious...

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Continue current orders. The only difference is once BTRs reach their locations, dismount the squads and place them quickly at the closest hedge facing towards the current front. The one exception is the lead element (second squad I believe) should leap past the house and go to the far hedge as indicated in the screenshot. Leave the HQ mounted but dismount the iglas. They should be fairly hidden with JUST dismounting so don't worry about moving them yet.

What do you use to screenshot this game? I'm using Gyazo and A) It took four attempts because it would screenshot the menu or a popup that I had up a minute ago or whatever. It was BROKEN. B) It does these where it switches it to the lowest detail possible and blurs/obscures features.

Dark_Swordmaster fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Oct 9, 2016

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
re: iglas: Did we hear or suspect air?

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Updated my orders to reflect igla changes.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Irfanview is BASIC image viewing and editing. I'm pretty sure it doesn't screenshot things but it does have lots of small features I never use so...

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Should 3/3 be doing anything other than keeping our overwatch positions? I'm in a fairly mobile place if I need to go to either 3/1 or 3/2.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
But I didn't tell my dudes to stay put!

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
I guess call the Germans and tell them gg.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Alright, so at this point my position is no longer relevant. If they get to where I'm shooting them you're all already dead. So I'm not certain whether to head South to reinforce against our danger close or if I should head southeast and reinforce what we saw heading our way a few minutes ago. My gut says the former since they need backup now but then again our eastern flank only has several ATGM's, a few tanks, and a single platoon protecting it.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Jaguars! posted:

DSM, I think you'd be safe to move up to a more handy position.

DSM, that ATGM team I dropped at your position is now part of your command, it should fit inside a BTR with one of your infantry squads. You can take control of the HMG team dropped at the intersection if you want too.

If I don't give it orders it'll probably sit there. I'll look into where I'm going and submit something for approval.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
poo poo, I'm not at home and able to load the game. I guess I'll stay put. Either that or I can occupy 3/1 or 3/2's old position if they're advancing.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Standard issue lawn chairs.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
I won't be able to post a map 'til after I'm home from work but the intention is to occupy 3/1's old positions. :saddowns:

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Phi230 posted:

I can shitpost in star wars on my phone, I cannot create and send orders on my phone.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

I can't figure out how to get them to mount up and move out in the same turn (even with pause orders the vehicles seem to just wait 'til everyone's mounted up and go in the next turn but maybe I'm doing something wrong)

SO! Mount EVERYONE including the iglas up for the first turn. If you can get the movement orders to start as well that'd be even better.

Iglas move quickly down to the southern position indicated behind the treeline. Dismount near the vehicles but not under the trees.

3rd Platoon should move quickly to where indicated but STAY MOUNTED. I want them to be mobile since this isn't where our final setup is. We're going to assist whoever needs us and try to keep 1st and 2nd Platoons from getting too much uncovered space between them.

Any suggestions are welcome. I can also advance forward next turn if we need.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Hubis posted:

BTW, GI: When you select a unit, you can jump to that unit's HQ in the chain of command by clicking on the appropriate line in the little chain of command readout in the bottom left. Great for quickly finding the rest of a platoon/company/etc without having to hunt down command links on the map.

Or the C2 icon(s) in the lower lefthand side.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Continue previous orders.

I'll likely head towards the close infantry contact so I can plug any holes or flank or whatever.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Push BMPs quickly in the order they're in to the road, east, and then up into the forest to dismount squads. Dismount squads and Leave HQ and AGTM at the first bend in the path, but move the other squads quickly to their indicated locations south of the road. Face as indicated.

I looked at the save and placed the endpoints in order of their current marching order so this should hopefully not jam them up but it's up to your discretion to unfuck any fuckups.

Quickly move the BMP that held the iglas into the treeline to its south. The AA itself will stay put.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Katznmaus posted:

Basically, this is what is going to happen:

You're not supposed to run the turn before Generation Internet does!

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

DISMOUNT AND MOVE FAST INTO THE WOODS! GET TO loving COVER!

Move the BTR fast into the woods to a DIFFERENT loving SPOT FROM THE INFANTRY!

:negative: But there were BTRs in the loving open, not moving...

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
If I were reasoning, a moving target is more valuable.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
I would because regardless of whose chopper it is (Ukrainian or US) it's almost guaranteed to have FLIR and can spot all vehicles regardless of movement.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
If my remaining assets die I'll take control of anything we have free but for now, I'll stick with my squad and two iglas. The remaining ones, being dry and all, wouldn't get any orders.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Get the gently caress further into the woods away from the loving helicopter fire! As FAST as possible!

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Just a brief reminder that this week is Thanksgiving for those of us in the US.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

NastyToes posted:

Hey Dublish, our Igla teams are just sitting around and haven't been issued any orders yet. Mind if I order them to mount up and get positioned for some scouting? I would like to try infiltrating them into or behind Golem Draw.

Since they're expended if you or anyone else wants to take the iglas I was given and do more with them go for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Generation Internet posted:

Orders due Friday because apparently Americans think Thanksgiving is a holiday that happens after there's already snow on the ground

:colbert: What loving snow? Up until Monday it was loving 80° here.

• Locked thread