Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

Boy do those Ukrainians love their swamps. At least that stream system on the west side gives the infantry a tank-free access route.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

I found a contour map but it's... ...not a good one.

Click for bigger

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

I think option 1 will be easier to control in a goon game, tempting as it is to absolutely flood the map with angry green men.

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

Well done! Gotta love the amount of work that goes into the maps for these big games. I knew that patch in the NE wasn't going to be as featureless as it looks.

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

So who made it over from the open thread? About time for everyone to check in and finish filling out the order of battle.

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

Phi, before I do orders, Can I request a MG team from the weapons company is attached? There should be enough room in my second or third APC for it.

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

Phi230 posted:

You got it.

I also wanna delegate the new ATGMs we got to you.

Also IGLAs go to 3 Platoon

Are these company ATGMs or from the support group? I'm having a little trouble keeping track. tbh, I'd have one ride with me, one with 3/1 platoon and the rest deploy with 3/3, they'd be best dominating that open ground.

Also, I've put my troops in a starting position on roll20, I figure I'll wait at least a minute for the rest of the company, I figure order of march would be something like:

3/3
3HQ
3/3
3 Armoured
3/1
3/2

I'll get my orders out in good time, but I prefer to post them once and not amend at all.

Jaguars! fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Oct 3, 2016

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

Orders for 3 Company 2 Platoon 'Concerned Ukrainian Citizens' and Battalion ATGM platoon 'Lost Muscovite Football Team'

Alright. For reasons I can only speculate about, we've been allocated care of a bunch of missile wallahs. We've also requested and received a machine gun team from the company, so a quick loading plan is in order.

All clear? Here's everyone and their rides, hopefully this should be more or less the game default. I'll call everyone by the name of their transport since we all start mounted.

We're moving in two groups. ATGM teams 1 & 2 are going to queue in behind 3 Company HQ and follow as fast as possible. The Rifle Platoon and ATGM 3 are going to wait off the road and them move in loose convoy once the traffic is through. Starting positions as shown:

GI, you can change the wait intervals and spacing as you think appropriate.

ATGMs 1 & 2 will start along the road until they get past the chokepoint. They then split up and both turn off the main road ASAP to prevent traffic buildup. Overall, we want to move at a quick rate, but slow down for obstacles as appropriate.
Detail of route:

When ATGM 1 reaches it's destination they will wait for deployment orders. When ATGM 2 reaches the end of the yellow line, they will dismount immediately and move through the trees on foot until they reach a location where they can see out onto the plains, preferably all the way to the highway.

Rifle Platoon Group will wait for the rest of 3 Company to clear before moving onto the main road. I'm hoping this will take less than 4 minutes, but move when appropriate. The spacing should be loose enough for all of them to start together, travel at move speed so we don't run into the back of the inevitable tank that's stuck in second gear. When they reach their area squads 2 and 3 + the Coy MG will dismount and move about 15m forward from their vehicles, but stay amongst the trees. Use the standard move command.

PS. rehosted a bunch of CM icons here

Jaguars! fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Oct 6, 2016

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

Well, they're company level assets, so probably either Phi deploys them himself or delegates them. (Not to me, I have enough to handle right now!)

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

Somewhere in the last page Phi allocated you a couple of Iglas from battalion. Enjoy!

e: here

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

Plot of the move orders so far:

Fat lines are where more than one platoon uses the same route.

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

3co 4 platoon (Heavy weapons)

Temp orders to keep this unit from getting in the way while we unfuck the traffic.

A single mg team detatched to 3/2 platoon.
Rest of unit starts mounted up.

Deploy behind the battalion HQ on this road. space the vehicles out along the road. wait.

Notes: It'd be nice getting this out near the front, but after discussions on roll20, it'd just make things worse. This is a temporary order, don't assign it to me permanently.

Jaguars! fucked around with this message at 07:25 on Oct 6, 2016

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

Waitaminit - did the germans really put a guy called 'wagoner' in charge of their transport system? :ghitler::aaaaa:

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

Well, that went as well as could be expected. Congratulations on not shooting yourself during the orders phase! :suicide:

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

Davin Valkri posted:

Yeah, but the worst is yet to come. Imagine having to put in orders for all of those units once the shooting starts! :saddowns:

Anyway, I don't see viable targets for arty, and nobody's got a good view anyway, so support command has no orders.

It'd pay to spread your mortars out, they should be at least 100m apart to prevent airstrikes getting the whole lot at once. I think they all have radios, so spreading them out shouldn't be a problem.

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

Orders for 3 Company 2 Platoon 'Concerned Ukrainian Citizens' and Battalion ATGM platoon 'Lost Muscovite Football Team'

Rifle Group
No change in orders.

Previous orders here.

ATGM carriers 1 & 2.
1 Squad A team will move as shown on the map and try find a spot amongst the hummocks where they can see to the crossroads.
1 squad B team should deploy at the closest spot where they can see to the highway.

ATGM carrier 1 will drop off one missile team at each drop off point. Then they can move up the hill toward the nearest tree cover. Both missile teams should deploy within the tree clusters at the ends of their lines.

Edit: Have the two mounted teams acquire another missile before they leave, if possible.

Jaguars! fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Oct 9, 2016

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

Drones could.

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

Some drat good shooting there, I think that'll spook the NATO boys quite a bit.

I think multiple minute turns would be appropriate, Redeploying any decent distance in one minute increments is going to suck. If combat starts to get real intense, maybe break it down into 2-3minute segments.

Abe, I'd appreciate it if you could get some soldier eye views of ATGM team B. Keep the trees on please, I don't like invisible tree mode. I assumed the GI would have them set to deploy weapons as soon as they stop moving, but it'd be good if you could confirm that as well.

Edit: Also the west side Missile Group, just realized that that was my HQ potentially spotting stuff.

Jaguars! fucked around with this message at 10:05 on Oct 12, 2016

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

Rifle Group
No change in orders.

Previous orders here.

ATGM carriers 1 & 2.
Check that the missile teams will set up their launchers once they reach their destinations.

Only one detail to note this turn - BTR #1 should move to the south after reaching DOP 2.

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

I don't think it will be a problem, but I'm going to be away this weekend. I've already done this round's orders, someone fill in for the next round if needed. I should be back late saturday, US time.

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

Rifle Group
Up the pace to quick. Move as shown:

Don't dismount any troops.

ATGM carriers 1 & 2.
No new orders. I have a feeling the little pixel troops will deploy and engage of their own volition based on their status at the end of last turn.

3 Coy Weapons Platoon 'Humanitarian Convoy'
Move in convoy formation to this intersection ASAP:

Could a game haver tell me if the HQ can use the radios in the BTR? I figure it would probably stay in contact better by remaining mounted if that was the case.

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

Well, I'm perfectly fine with scaring away an Abrams instead of engaging it, this might happen a lot with a bunch of missileers watching the area. Expect some plan B type moves as they look to concentrate elsewhere, I reckon.

3 Company, I've got the weapons platoon coming up, I think i'll deploy about half of it in defence of the town, but I can deliver a unit to each of you as reinforcements. We have 3x two man teams of both ATGMs and HMGs, so they can fit inside one of your BTRs alongside an infantry squad.I'm going to take an HMG if it can be delivered in time.

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

If it reappears, we'll get it, there's four teams looking down the fields at the moment. I was thinking of restricting their firing with arcs to allow more control over targeting, but I decided that bugger it, we'll smash anything that moves and deny them the area. A loaded softskin is just as worthwhile to destroy because it restricts their ability to manoeuvre.

Do you want a weapons platoon unit in your location? got an HMG or ATGM for you.

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

Orders for 3 Company 2 Platoon 'Concerned Ukrainian Citizens', Weapons Platoon 'Humanitarian Convoy' and Battalion ATGM platoon 'Lost Muscovite Football Team'

Rifle Group
Move 3rd BTR like so:

All others continue last orders.

ATGM carriers 1 & 2.
No new orders.

Weapons Platoon
Drop off an ATGM team by DSM's position. Continue to the point shown. Quick Pace. The HMG carrier should drop a team near the crossroads (They can move into the nearest house for the moment), and then meet up with the ATGM carrier using any fast route.

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Alright, so at this point my position is no longer relevant. If they get to where I'm shooting them you're all already dead. So I'm not certain whether to head South to reinforce against our danger close or if I should head southeast and reinforce what we saw heading our way a few minutes ago. My gut says the former since they need backup now but then again our eastern flank only has several ATGM's, a few tanks, and a single platoon protecting it.

Katznmaus posted:

3./1. is currently on guard duty to protect the southern approaches to Viridian City. The situation on Mount Silver seems pretty dire and my units are not that far off to assist the brave comrades there until the rest of 2nd Coy arrives at their position.

This could be called: Operation reactive spear blunting

What's your take on this?

It sounds like we're withdrawing to preserve our tanks. My Gut feel is that we probably end up taking the east side of mt silver while 2 Co takes the west. We don't want to crowd the area too much because if the americans get a drone up they'll have a field day with artillery. DSM, I think you'd be safe to move up to a more handy position.

DSM, that ATGM team I dropped at your position is now part of your command, it should fit inside a BTR with one of your infantry squads. You can take control of the HMG team dropped at the intersection if you want too. Katz, I'm going to drop another ATGM team at 3-1-3's position next turn.

NastyToes posted:

Was looking at the save and noticed a few things. Figured I would just drop some screenshots here.

If Abelian's FO cancels its fire mission it can call down a precision strike on the ATGM team that took out our tank.

Could we just fire an ATGM at their location? Quicker and more accurate.

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

Sorry to lose you, Davin.

Orders for 3 Company 2 Platoon 'Concerned Ukrainian Citizens', Weapons Platoon 'Humanitarian Convoy' and Battalion ATGM platoon 'Lost Muscovite Football Team'

Rifle Group
Continue last orders. Move ATGM carrier 3 like so:

ATGM carriers 1 & 2.
No new orders.

Weapons Platoon
Add on to the previous orders. The ATGM team is intended to switch over to Katzenmaus's last BTR 3-1-3, the HMG to my 3-2-2.

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

Well done keeping those tanks alive, the risk there was much greater than the gain, I think.

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

Got any orders for us, company boss?

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

Don't panic, I won't be able to do orders until after work anyway.

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

Yeah, that's literally right where it was proposed to put 3 company.

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

OK, well I've can't really do my orders any later than this, so for ease of coordination I'll take the second line duties and Katz can deploy to the frontlines.

Rifle Group
Move vehicles 1 and 3 like so. BAttalion ATGM carrier 3 changes destination to take the track out onto the highway. Blue lines are normal speed, yellow is quick.

Weapons Platoon
Continue last moves. Transfer an HMG team to the vehicle of 3-2-2, and an ATGM team to Katzenmaus's BTR (3-1-3).

Notes:
2 Co, I can move a Battalion ATGM team to replace your overwatch tank next round if you want. If we are worried about NATO reinforcements appearing on the highway I could put the last one in a position that looks west, otherwise I'll keep it in reserve until a pressing need arises.

Jaguars! fucked around with this message at 09:08 on Oct 26, 2016

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

OK, I think we should advance to take as much of the Jagged ravine system as possible. Why? it's the dominant feature of the whole lower left quarter of the map. It's a hell of a lot easier to fight out of it than it is to fight the enemy inside of it, and there is not likely to be significant enemy forces in it or our recon would have found them by now. If we control to the edges of it, then we can freely transport men through the bottom of it while the enemy approach is split due to the open ground that we can dominate. Units under fire can disengage and relocate easily. Any enemy reaching the draws loses the support of their tanks and IFV due to close country LOS issues. The enemy doesn't have the men or the space to flank it effectively. It serves as an excellent jumpoff point if we want to advance and provides excellent defensive terrain if we need to retreat.

Best of all, it's simple to do; 1 Company can simply move their dismounts at normal pace and they'll detect any enemy movement, I very much doubt that the enemy has set up an ambush already, let alone one that will affect more than one or two squads.

Jaguars! fucked around with this message at 13:14 on Oct 27, 2016

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

Last turn I talked about putting a Battalion ATGM team to where Yooper's tank on the highway is to free it up for other duties. Should I do that?

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

Orders for 3 Company 2 Platoon 'Concerned Ukrainian Citizens', Weapons Platoon 'Humanitarian Convoy', Battalion ATGM platoon 'Lost Muscovite Football Team', Engineer Platoon 'Waifs and Strays'
We're gonna provide some rear security in case NATO reinforcements arrive from Krovolets' and also deliver a long range ATGM to bolster the Eastern overwatch position.

Batt ATGMs
BTR 3:

Drop a team about 25m behind Yooper's tank. If it gets done in the first minute, return to start point. Pace Quick.

Team 3B:

MOVE as shown.

Rifle Group, 3 Coy Weapons, Engineer Platoon:

BTR 3-2-2:
Allow the HMG team to board before moving. Drop off the infantry squad at DOP 1 first. If you get time, Drop the HMG at point 2. Finally move to the RV point circled. Quick Pace.

3 Coy Weapons - ATGM Carrier:
Drop the last team at the yellow arrow, then make your way to the circled point south of the highway.

3 Coy Weapons - HMG carrier:
Stay still for the moment to allow the traffic to disperse.

Engineers:
Drive through Viridian city to the RV point. Try to keep to formed roads, use a quick pace where possible.

Apologies for the complex orders, GI.

Jaguars! fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Oct 30, 2016

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

Orders for 3 Company 2 Platoon 'Concerned Ukrainian Citizens', Weapons Platoon 'Humanitarian Convoy', Battalion ATGM platoon 'Lost Muscovite Football Team', Engineer Platoon 'Waifs and Strays'

Continue previous orders. Link.

Note there are likely still a few actions that will require your input, so it's unfortunately not a completely hands-off turn.

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

Someone from 2 company should take care of the battalion ATGM that I dropped near the Mt silver roadblock. The idea is to put it where there is a similar field of fire to the 2-5-3 tank so that the tank can move away if it needs to.

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

Western roadblock

If they aren't already, move 3-2-2 to the edge of the vegetation. Move the ATGM team to also have a view of the road, I want them to have the ground sloping up to their left as they face the end of the map so that they can climb the hill as an escape route. All other units in this area cotinue as ordered.

Battalion ATGMs
BTR #3
Extend the last orders to get to the hideyhole where the stream passes under the highway.

Others
BTR 3-2-3:
Move as shown. Blue line is normal move speed, Pink is slow. Dismount Infantry on arrival.

3 Coy Weapons - HMG carrier:
Move quickly to Katzenmaus' platoon.

Engineers:
Continue last.

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

Pauses in the hunt command are when the troops are too tired to move properly

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

I'm thinking that I might as well bring the balance of my platoon over to reinforce 1 company. So that's 2 squads and I'll bring a Company HMG and potentially a long range ATGM as well, if we can find a good position. We could sit in a reserve position or extend the west flank. I'm not sure that I want to move my platoon HQ with an attack helicopter around though, so it could take a good five minutes to get there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

I can deploy the AT-13 immediately to Jagged East, which is good if those vehicles come past Decoy Badger's recon boys. I should be able to get in the vicinity by the round after this one. With a couple of extra minutes I could get to that position that Hubis and Abe were discussing.

• Locked thread