Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Hi everyone

My main television - the one i use in my living room - is a 37" panasonic viera plasma. It's 720p. I currently have no plans to replace it. I know it's a bit old fashioned now but the picture on it still looks great. i think if i could change one aspect of it id rather it had a smaller bezel. i like the fact that it isnt 'smart' in any way, it just shows a picture. an additional hdmi port would be nice. i have an android streaming box and an apple tv 2 plugged in to it, along with my sky+ hd box.

thank you for reading.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

hi pissflaps

Aix
Jul 6, 2006
$10
i have a 32" 1080p tv and one time i walked by real close and was like wow this actually looks good, turns out you really cant tell 720p from 1080p from 8' away what a waste of pixels

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.
i've got a 46" sony bravia that is like 8+ years old and I'm gonna have that thing until it dies.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
my television, you ask? my television is books.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

i have a 55" sony bravia 4k tv with android tv. it's p nice

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy
i have a 37" samsung that replaced my 32" philips i also have to no plans replace it, but I am going to drop at least $800 on a receiver and speakers because thats more important

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Endless Mike posted:

android tv. it's p nice

nope.

Maximum Leader
Dec 5, 2014
got a fanless chinese tv computer running linux & kodi

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
are televisions computers, op

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
the android streaming box I've got plugged into it is

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
your tv resolution is smaller than most phones

Tin Gang
Sep 27, 2007

Tin Gang posted:

showering has no effect on germs and is terrible for your skin. there is no good reason to do it
televisions are just monitors not good at computering :rolleyes:

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

The Management posted:

your tv resolution is smaller than most phones

so what

moosemanmoo
Jan 6, 2007
R the Reply that his life was in danger
televisions are universally terrible and the only rational way to purchase one is to do the calculus of which qualities you care least about and can put off dealing with until your next inevitably terrible television purchase. death to consumer electronics

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

I have a five foot Panasonic plasma television

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

all your old-rear end plasmas are probably at 40% of their original brightness and everything looks hella green but you're all stockholm syndromed

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

qirex posted:

all your old-rear end plasmas are probably at 40% of their original brightness and everything looks hella green but you're all stockholm syndromed

just recalibrate it then

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

qirex posted:

mine is neither green nor dim

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
cool it's pissflaps

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
im gonna buy a new and expensive lg oled tv soon and will regret buying it soon after

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

poty posted:

im gonna buy a new and expensive lg oled tv soon and will regret buying it soon after

I was gonna do that before I googled LG oled quality problems

poty
Jun 21, 2008

apparently 2016s are pretty good but even with a perfect one i kinda doubt im gonna use it enough to justify at least $3k

poty
Jun 21, 2008

for reference i currently dont own a tv. not saying that those of you who do are intellectually lazier i dont think im better than anyone. some people are perfectly happy wasting their life away to ncis whatever and i think thats great. im just more interested in catching up to the nobel prize winning books i still havent read

btw here is a link to the dictionary if you need it http://www.dictionary.com/browse/intellectually

Visual GNUdio
Aug 27, 2003

lol 37" TV?

where's the "no poors" rule when we need it the most..

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
nothing says 'human trash' like the sight of a massive tv hanging on a wall

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

I have a projector and I play Mario kart 64 on it.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

I have a projector and I play Mario kart 64 on it.

set that up on the barn wall and you'd have a real party

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

i have a budget vizio. it is not connected to the network.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Pissflaps posted:

nothing says 'human trash' like the sight of a massive tv hanging on a wall

sounds like something a poor with a tiny apartment would say

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

Pissflaps posted:

Hi everyone

My main television - the one i use in my living room - is a 37" panasonic viera plasma. It's 720p. I currently have no plans to replace it. I know it's a bit old fashioned now but the picture on it still looks great. i think if i could change one aspect of it id rather it had a smaller bezel. i like the fact that it isnt 'smart' in any way, it just shows a picture. an additional hdmi port would be nice. i have an android streaming box and an apple tv 2 plugged in to it, along with my sky+ hd box.

thank you for reading.

hmm. mine is basically the same except is a 42". it's this one i think: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003924U7A

i have an apple tv and a chrome cast plugged into it. it's great except for the power consumption, but we don't use it that much anyways.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Cat Face Joe posted:

set that up on the barn wall and you'd have a real party

we have Mario party as well

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Pissflaps posted:

Hi everyone

thank you for reading.

All the tvs on my house are plasma. A Pioneer plasma from 2006 and the rest are Panasonic plasmas from 2008. They all still knock the poo poo out of any LCD I've ever seen, no matter how expensive or new the LCD is.

Plasma is finally being dethroned by OLED and I can't wait for them to drop a bit more in price. Though I bet OLED fails only because the name is confusing. So many people I know think they have OLED. But it's just an LCD with an LED back light. Who names this stuff?

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

your mum

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

graph posted:

televisions have an operating system

maybe

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

01/01/1970 BONGHITZ

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Silver Alicorn posted:

cool it's pissflaps

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

graph posted:

we just don't know

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

no one knows what's on the internet anymore. door locks are on there and like fridges and i think someone makes a toothbrush or fork that's in the internet now. everything is a computer graph and we are powerless to stop this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

maniacdevnull posted:

no one knows what's on the internet anymore. door locks are on there and like fridges and i think someone makes a toothbrush or fork that's in the internet now. everything is a computer graph and we are powerless to stop this.

http://connectedtoothbrush.com/

• Locked thread