Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

RustyShackleford posted:

the feminist

the

the feminist

the feminist bookstore from Portlandia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

Guys the bookstore is outside my window. What do I do? Can it not see me if I don't move?

cup holder full of dimes
Oct 1, 2016

by WE B Boo-ourgeois
take out your penis

pushpins
Sep 11, 2006

Title text (optional; no images are allowed, only text)

glowstick party tonight posted:

huh thats not what I gathered from Heart of Darkness

The horr-microaggressions...the microaggressions

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

he's a pretty poo poo mayor who has hosed up everything that's come his way and is pretty much universally hated

reads post

looks at poster's name

"ah,"

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.
In her house at Portland feminist bookstore waits dreaming."

EngineerSean
Feb 9, 2004

by zen death robot

EngineerSean posted:

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh feminist bookstore Portlandia wgah'nagl fhtagn.

Dreddout posted:

In her house at Portland feminist bookstore waits dreaming."

don't be mad

Fututor Magnus
Feb 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Medieval times was before Hitler exist. Does that make medieval times better?

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
The Feminist Bookstore from Portlandia is teaming up with

misty mountaintop
Jun 2, 2015

by Hand Knit

Roylicious posted:

We drove out the hipsters from the Great Rockies and Portlandia and took the First Hall. We slew many in the bright sun in the dale. Flói was killed by an arrow. He slew the great Vape... Flói under grass near Sturgeon... We have taken the Twenty-first Hall of Brentwood-Darlington to dwell in. There is good air ... that can easily be watched ... the 205 is clear ... Balin has set up his seat in the Chamber of Killingsworth... gathered ... IPAs ... wonderful lay Durin's Axe ... silver helm. Balin has taken them for his own. Balin is now lord of Portsmouth. ... today we found bookstore ... well-forged shelves ...n ... tomes made all of purest mithril ... Óin to seek for the upper shelves of the Third Floor ... go westwards to s... to Feminist gate.

r…(ye)ars since ... ready sorrow ... yesterday being the tenth of November Balin, lord of Killingsworth, fell in the Bookstore. He went alone to look in Sturgeon. A SJW shot him from behind a book. We slew the SJW, but many more ca(me) ... up from east up the Fairview ... we rescued Balin’s body ...re a sharp battle ... we have barred the gates but doubt if ... can hold them long. If there is ... no escape it will be a horrible fate to suffer, but I shall hold.

We cannot get out. We cannot get out. They have taken the bridge and I5. Frár and Lóni and Náli fell there bravely while the rest retr ... In Other Words. We still ho...g ... but hope u...n... Óin’s party went five days ago but today only four returned. The pool is up to the wall at Albina. The Watcher in the Florida Room took Óin -- we cannot get out. The end comes soon. We hear the bookstore, the bookstore in the deep.

The feminist bookstore from Portlandia roars its approval.

Sethex
Jun 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Feminism is just an ideology that unattractive women developed to justify being undesirable.

No biggie, they will be miserable as they always have been, best case scenario is they find a soft weak male who echoes their opinions and shrugs off their emotional turbulence.

Bookstores don't have power unless we give it to them. Stay strong patriarchs keep safe.

Sethex fucked around with this message at 12:41 on Oct 1, 2016

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
You'd think a store named after a partial lyric from a Sinatra song would be cool with anything to the left of kicking a mouthy dame down a flight of stairs, but I guess not.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
Oh wait I didn't read it right, it makes sense now. Friggin "Other" *rolls eyes heteronormatively*

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

More proof why the EU is better, they get Femen protesters while the US is stuck with easily offended feminist bookstore owners.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

The Elder Gods stir. They are powerful. They are displeased. And they are making their displeasure known, using the "Algerian" typeface.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Seriousposting for a second about New Age stores, I always liked going to them with my mom because I liked rocks (rocks are cool) and some of the art involving like elves and dragons and poo poo (I'm a huge nerd)

My mom's go-to new age store was called Women Of Wisdom, it resembled a bright lavender house, and according to Google it is still open :eyepop:

At a family gathering last week we all got drunk and made fun of my mom for listening to Pure Moods Volume 1 all the time when we were kids

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

It's pretty telling how much inventory overlap there is between New Age stores and headshops

Gamer With Dignity
May 15, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

he's a pretty poo poo mayor who has hosed up everything that's come his way and is pretty much universally hated

I thought he was pretty good as the FBI guy in Twin Peaks and as the Donald Trump character in GTA III. Also Dune.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

loquacius posted:

The Elder Gods stir. They are powerful. They are displeased. And they are making their displeasure known, using the "Algerian" typeface.

lmao didn't their shop open up in a previously black working class neighborhood?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
can i use da ladies room there

im a dudelord but i wonder if they will second guess

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

loquacius posted:

quote:

"Do not seek validation from systems that seek to oppress you. Do not forget that widely held perceptions of successful employment, education, marriage, and family have white supremacist patriarchal roots. When you purportedly fail in these institutions, you are resisting oppression. You are a warrior."

misty mountaintop
Jun 2, 2015

by Hand Knit

Alan Smithee posted:

can i use da ladies room there

im a dudelord but i wonder if they will second guess

They only have a unisex bathroom and it looks like a bookstore so knock yourself out.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I was fired from my job today, as a result of a week of no-call no-shows due to an extended bath-salts bender. The feminist bookstore from Portlandia knows. As I walked by carrying the contents of my former desk in a box, it called me into its service. I am now a soldier, of sorts. Toward what nefarious ends, it has not revealed. I am but a pawn in its game.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
I am crazy about Carrie Brownstein, my bones don't lie

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
we know a remote farm in lincolnshire where the feminist bookstore from portlandia lives. every july, anger grows there.

misty mountaintop
Jun 2, 2015

by Hand Knit

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

loquacius posted:

At a family gathering last week we all got drunk and made fun of my mom for listening to Pure Moods Volume 1 all the time when we were kids

Did you guys rock out to "The X Files Theme"? Now that I'm watching the commercial for the first time in maybe 20 years, the voice kind of sounds like Vincent Price.

Explosive Tampons
Jul 9, 2014

Your days are gone!!!
You stand in the city of disaster,
the Portland city, where the Biological Intelligence
in Artificial Systems, what we call the femenest bookstore locates.
Nobody knows what has been going on "feminest bookstore".
You could hear nothing but deep breathing of "feminism"
The only way to survive is...
DEHUMANIZE YOURSELF AND FACE TO BOOKSHELF

Sethex
Jun 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

loquacius posted:

Pure Moods Volume 1

loving owns. I gently caress to that poo poo now tho.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

The feminist bookstore from Portlandia called, they're running out of you!

Exploding Computer
Oct 6, 2006
Fun Shoe

loquacius posted:

Employment, Education, Marriage, and Family, the four horsemen of the sad brains apocalypse.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013
Voodoo doughnuts is overrated and the Cocoa Crisps they put on their doughnuts are stale.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
This may be the wrong thread for it, but does anyone know what the weapon store from The Simpsons has been up to lately? I haven't seen it in the show for ages, so I assume it's doing something else now.

naem
May 29, 2011

Explosive Tampons posted:

DEHUMANIZE YOURSELF AND FACE TO BOOKSHELF

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

EngineerSean posted:

don't be mad

Yours was better anyway.

I WILL END YOU HARDER THAN THE FEMINIST BOOKSTORE FROM PORTLANDIA ENDS WHITE MALES!

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
i sort of want to call them and come up with some horribly righteous thing to ask about how their store is a "shrine to gentrification" or something like that just to see if i can't get a head to explode from across the country

GRILLARY CLINTON
Mar 5, 2016

I know the devil is real.
I know the devil is real.

Turdsdown Tom posted:

i sort of want to call them and come up with some horribly righteous thing to ask about how their store is a "shrine to gentrification" or something like that just to see if i can't get a head to explode from across the country

ha yeah do this, sounds really funny XD

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

etalian posted:

lmao didn't their shop open up in a previously black working class neighborhood?

yes. which makes them massive stupid hypocrites

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
cishet male, you are sentenced to death by a thousand papercuts, as was written in the Holy Book of Vulvas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

GRILLARY CLINTON posted:

ha yeah do this, sounds really funny XD

well based on their mission statement they'd have to immediately listen to me and change their ways. seems like a good idea

• Locked thread