Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
Hey there, I'm an Old Guy who uses my Personal Email (@aol.com, prodigy, sbcglobal.net, juno, etc) from 1999 instead of my first@company.com. By doing so, I make it nearly impossible to easily collaborate using cloud collaborative webapps. I also fundamentally don't understand how group workflows and collaboration work. To be honest, I'm not really interested in working with anyone or whatever, they're maroons or something. I'm like a really big wrench thats so bad it breaks the whole clock, becuase I need to approve everything and be part of eveyrthing, that means you cant use any modern tools.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
Have i mentioned my calendar? its paper, bitch - and no, I don't check or respect resourses and poo poo checked out of the actual calendar that the rest of the org uses - and guess what? what i say goes. You're hosed, Bitch.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

that's pretty hosed up

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
email font is big and purple

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
with looooooooooong sig

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Smythe posted:

email font is big and purple

comic sans??

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

my old parents have their own domain for their "business" but still use their hotmail address from the nineties to correspond.

whatever works but lol

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Captain Foo posted:

comic sans??

Arial, natch. Biznatch

There Will Be Penalty
May 18, 2002

Makes a great pet!

Captain Foo posted:

comic sans??

brush script bithc

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

There Will Be Penalty posted:

brush script bithc

this is reserved for the sig, idiot.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
im you're punctuation pratices

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Sham bam bamina! posted:

im you're punctuation pratices

Problem with my Punctuation Style? How about a - Hyphen? For no reason. Suits my g*d d*mn needs, Bitch.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
does the sig relate to our current presidential election?

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Sham bam bamina! posted:

does the sig relate to our current presidential election?

Re: tuesday paperwork

ok

The artist is a receptacle for emotions that come from all over the place: from the sky, from the earth, from a scrap of paper, from a passing shape, from a spider's web. - Pablo Picasso

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager. This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. If you are not the intended recipient you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
i wonder who started the trend of those "delete this email if i sent it to the wrong person" disclaimers

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
with that being said someone keeps signing up for things with my gmail account because we have the same first initial/last name and they dont realize why they arent getting any email.

a disturbing number of sites dont verify email at all.

i cancelled her company's cellphone account.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

i wonder who started the trend of those "delete this email if i sent it to the wrong person" disclaimers

lawyers. I think the idea is that if its not on there it means your intent was questionable and the recipient could claim you meant to send it. its stupid as poo poo but whatever.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

with that being said someone keeps signing up for things with my gmail account because we have the same first initial/last name and they dont realize why they arent getting any email.

a disturbing number of sites dont verify email at all.

i cancelled her company's cellphone account.

lol

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
"how do i view the docc.. how do i see the excel?? it says i need to log in.. wht is the login? company@googlemail.com?? what is the password? the wifi password, didntwork.. right caps? FriendOfDogs322 ?? ??"

Satellit3
Oct 21, 2008

Smythe posted:

Re: tuesday paperwork

ok

The artist is a receptacle for emotions that come from all over the place: from the sky, from the earth, from a scrap of paper, from a passing shape, from a spider's web. - Pablo Picasso

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager. This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. If you are not the intended recipient you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited.

lol

Satellit3
Oct 21, 2008

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
worked at a place that had a senior associate who never turned on his computer, ever. one of his secretaries would print out his emails, he'd scribble some replies to them, and she'd type them up. that was her only job

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
Everyone should just use google

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Stereotype posted:

Everyone should just use google

G Suite, BITCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

This is a terrible example bc that guy definitely knows how to use computers here's him IRL: https://vk.com/id329237321

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

emoji posted:

This is a terrible example bc that guy definitely knows how to use computers here's him IRL: https://vk.com/id329237321

this guy owns

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
That guy who definately use a company email as a part of the domain. I am now seeking pics of High Ranking Person In Org Who Uses Personal Email NOt Part of Domain. SUbmit electronically

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice
Please keep fartboner@johnson.email on copy

Thx

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

Disregard, just received the last message. Pls continue to keep on copy.

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe
love too have two email addresses that are exactly the same except for the part after the @

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe
this is the same with everyone at my company

"i sent you a license key"
"i didn't get it"
"did you check x?"
"oh poo poo no, i checked y"
"well i think i sent it to x"
"alright, i'll check x"

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
i finally managed to remove the last vestiges of my dad's @earthlink.net email from his gmail account after the last person who used it (my grandma) passed away

---
Sent from my iPad

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

BEHEAD THOSE WHO INSULT GENTOO
smythe y u do this

a shameful g0m knockoff thread :saddowns:

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Smythe posted:

with looooooooooong sig

I want a girl with a short sig and a loooooooooooooooong avatar

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.
at one of my sidegigs the company founder/ceo still insists on using an @aol.com e-mail address instead of any of the possible domains she should be using.

and it's an awful address too, like "worldsbestgrandma@aol.com" level of embarrassing. She absolutely refuses to budge.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

du -hast posted:

smythe y u do this

a shameful g0m knockoff thread :saddowns:

:mome:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU