Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
It's slightly amusing to me that the country that disgusts you is the one willing to treat you the best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Jeza posted:

That's a moronic statement. A person could be born into a torturous hellhole from which they are unable to leave, and if other countries are unwilling to offer any form of asylum you'd still be in the country willing to treat you the best. Even if that "best" is objectively worse than what they would have had if they had been fortunate enough to be born elsewhere.

Maybe you could claim some kind of moral victory if America had a benevolent immigration policy, but in fact it has an extremely stringent one, and anybody who is perceived to be at risk of becoming a "public charge" at any time is completely inadmissible. So the OP couldn't move to the US if he had been born somewhere else either.

That's an ironic statement. You claim mine is moronic and yet lay out some moronic scenario that the OP clearly didn't describe.

At any rate, I don't care. Go be disabled anywhere with my blessing, the world is his/her oyster.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Dude. The OP literally stated they were looking to uproot to some other country because, and I quote, " I live in the US, which if you've been paying attention, kinda sucks lately..."

Making a major life decision, with a major disease, and that's the most compelling argument they can think of to describe their decision is "kinda sucks." Yes, this is amusing to me. It sounds like a horribly bad decision, but with peeps like you cheer leading, supporting, and enabling them, what can go wrong? I'm sure you'll be there to pick them up if it goes wrong.

Also I already spent the morning arguing with a dementia patient, you remind me strongly of her, and I am no longer in that mood. She also insists on making very bad decisions, this time regarding her meds. So as I said, good luck to everyone on their move, happy house hunting, and god bless, because honestly this doesn't affect me at all, and I realize that, and I am happy for that realization. :-D

• Locked thread